Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

A Russian troll farm posted:

my boy neil is up there with husayn ibn ali, the hero qassam soleimani, and all the martyrs.

r.i.p to a real one

Peart and Suleimani shared a dislike for Trump and ISIS. They were on the right side of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn4IprJww8w

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
What do you call women at a Rush concert?
Lost

How many drummers do you need to change a lightbulb?
11, one to change it and 10 to say neil peart would have done it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuL_euRslTc

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
watching those videos made me remember that rush cant write a song that isnt like 5 minutes or longer. Also that Lifeson didnt always look like a lumpy sack of potatoes

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Dies youngish, lost his daughter and wife. gently caress Buuuuut he got to be a rock star so, call it a wash

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

drat, I was hoping rush would do another tour now that I’m old/comfortable enough with myself to attend a show. Rip

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
my dad gave me a rush tape when i was like 9 and ive liked music that girls hate ever since

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

my dad gave me a rush tape when i was like 9 and ive liked music that girls hate ever since

Lmao

My wife hates rush idk why they are good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Do you think when they do shows with him as a hologram they gonna lower his hologram into the drum kit or will he just appear ther?

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

holograms arent real

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Nooner posted:

Do you think when they do shows with him as a hologram they gonna lower his hologram into the drum kit or will he just appear ther?

he won't even play drums it'll just be the actual tupac hologram but they change it to neil

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv5GMCxQS88

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Wifi Toilet posted:

What do you call women at a Rush concert?
Lost

:drat:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Puppy Galaxy posted:

drat, I was hoping rush would do another tour now that I’m old/comfortable enough with myself to attend a show. Rip

Rush officially called it quits a few years ago but I was holding out some faint glimmer of hope they'd eventually do at least one more show (because money, no rock group no matter how pure can resist, let's be honest). But yeah this pretty much cinches it. Glad I got to see them the couples times I did, they were great live.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

That just meant he expected you to be lame-oh that would never get laid or you'd have gotten a Sabbath or a Motorhead tape instead.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Hasselblad posted:

But hey, we still have Justine Beiber....right?

dead of Lyme disease

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Rush is ok but for my CanCon I prefer The Hip.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

I thing I read once that he got over the ayn rand stuff soon after they got really big and got letters or some other interaction with insane fans who took it way too far and he realized what the endpoint of that thinking was, pretty sure the song "distant early warning" is about that

anyway I think the albums moving pictures, signals, and grace under pressure are real good but can take or leave everything before and after

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
Legendary Rush Drummer Dead at 69

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
Neil Fart

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

d0s posted:

I thing I read once that he got over the ayn rand stuff soon after they got really big and got letters or some other interaction with insane fans who took it way too far and he realized what the endpoint of that thinking was, pretty sure the song "distant early warning" is about that

anyway I think the albums moving pictures, signals, and grace under pressure are real good but can take or leave everything before and after

Roll the Bones and Test for Echo are really really good

Roll the Bones is god tier for giving us the video with the rapping skeleton putting on the sunglasses

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

he was the king of those high hat stabs

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

big nipples big life posted:

he was the king of those high hat stabs

Yeah but you feel bad for his roadie. :shrug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

He's up there joining Tommy Lee in the great amusement park drum ride in heaven steering his boat with his dick.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

He's up there joining Tommy Lee in the great amusement park drum ride in heaven steering his boat with his dick.

Why else would they make a boat wheel with spokes. :thunk:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Why else would they make a boat wheel with spokes. :thunk:
Hard...to port? :mmmhmm:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE_wOizsGYw

Please enjoy this 8 minute drum solo he played every show but in this one specifically to a crowd of over 100,000 Brazilians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jPondwDDOE

Or their Mad Max as hell music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmIynF-59YE

Or his song about how religion is bullshit with a rapping skeleton

Rush ruled and this is a dark day

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

d0s posted:

Yeah and I mean he was like 20 when he was infatuated with ayn rand.. he was like hey cool a divisive figure who seems kinda like a rebel, and he wrote like two songs about her and that just became his MO forever

geddy and alex put out a really good message about him dying too, they're just like "hey he died, it's sad, respect his family's privacy and btw it was this specific type of brain cancer and if you wanna do something donate your money to cancer research maybe or gently caress off" (but in a polite canadian way)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i got to see rush on their R40 tour and they loving ruled.

the girl i was dating at the time spilled her beer all over the guy in front of us before they even started playing and im pretty sure it ruined it for him lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the girl i was dating at the time spilled her beer all over the guy in front of us before they even started playing and im pretty sure it ruined it for him lol

I saw them at their 30th :smug:

But yeah holy gently caress they ruled they seriously put on a great show

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007

Nooner posted:

I saw them at their 30th :smug:

But yeah holy gently caress they ruled they seriously put on a great show

Oh yeah absolutely, I saw them at the amphitheatre in Toronto for the Time Machine tour and it is by far the best live show I've ever seen. I also read in the newspaper the next day that they got noise complaints... from Pearson Airport.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I saw them with primus and it was more air basses than you've ever seen followed by more air drummers than you've ever seen.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Goodbye Neat Pearl

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hes hitting the skin with john bonham now, and also playing drums

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i always wanted to read his book about biking across africa but never picked it up i guess his death is as good a reminder as any

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

read this in ATHF Carl voice

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Brute Hole Force posted:

With any luck we'll get Alex Lifeless next, just like his guitar tone.

I can't believe you missed the possibility of Deady Lee...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6lgMBiiFnw&t=7s