Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Neil Peart died today guys I didnt even know he had brain cancer (I guess all that libertarian stuff makes sense now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Relayer posted:

hey gently caress you nooner neil ruled and now his spirit heaven ghost is ruling in heaven and is being too awkward to talk to other dead angel people probably

he was basically the best drummer ever ):

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
only dumb assholes call it YYZed

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
what if ayn rand named the book atlas sharted instead of atlas shrugged can you imagine?? lol!! XD

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i dont really know anything theyve done after like idk whenever the gently caress their 30th anniversary tour was but I imagine it was all still good because they are a good band

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
watching those videos made me remember that rush cant write a song that isnt like 5 minutes or longer. Also that Lifeson didnt always look like a lumpy sack of potatoes

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

my dad gave me a rush tape when i was like 9 and ive liked music that girls hate ever since

Lmao

My wife hates rush idk why they are good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Do you think when they do shows with him as a hologram they gonna lower his hologram into the drum kit or will he just appear ther?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

d0s posted:

I thing I read once that he got over the ayn rand stuff soon after they got really big and got letters or some other interaction with insane fans who took it way too far and he realized what the endpoint of that thinking was, pretty sure the song "distant early warning" is about that

anyway I think the albums moving pictures, signals, and grace under pressure are real good but can take or leave everything before and after

Roll the Bones and Test for Echo are really really good

Roll the Bones is god tier for giving us the video with the rapping skeleton putting on the sunglasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i got to see rush on their R40 tour and they loving ruled.

the girl i was dating at the time spilled her beer all over the guy in front of us before they even started playing and im pretty sure it ruined it for him lol

I saw them at their 30th :smug:

But yeah holy gently caress they ruled they seriously put on a great show