Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
hey gently caress you nooner neil ruled and now his spirit heaven ghost is ruling in heaven and is being too awkward to talk to other dead angel people probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Brute Hole Force posted:

All so, no he wasn't, far from it.

guy everyone liked is actually bad :mad:

Like some of his lyrics were terrible but he inspired a billion amazing drummers to play the instrument so gently caress my rear end in a top hat.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
The mid-late 70s stuff like farewell to kings\hemispheres\permanent waves had his best drumming.

Also his last name is pronounced "peert" not "pert" so your feeble neil dirt pun did not land (while funny)

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
*beep boop; computing best drummer... best drummer is a man from muncie indiana named Rick Crenshaw*

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Nooner posted:

Do you think when they do shows with him as a hologram they gonna lower his hologram into the drum kit or will he just appear ther?

he won't even play drums it'll just be the actual tupac hologram but they change it to neil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

d0s posted:

I thing I read once that he got over the ayn rand stuff soon after they got really big and got letters or some other interaction with insane fans who took it way too far and he realized what the endpoint of that thinking was, pretty sure the song "distant early warning" is about that

anyway I think the albums moving pictures, signals, and grace under pressure are real good but can take or leave everything before and after

Yeah and I mean he was like 20 when he was infatuated with ayn rand.. he was like hey cool a divisive figure who seems kinda like a rebel, and he wrote like two songs about her and that just became his MO forever

geddy and alex put out a really good message about him dying too, they're just like "hey he died, it's sad, respect his family's privacy and btw it was this specific type of brain cancer and if you wanna do something donate your money to cancer research maybe or gently caress off" (but in a polite canadian way)