Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Neil Peart, the drummer for Rush, has passed away at 67 due to brain cancer.

RIP. He was the reason I got into drumming. Goddamnit this sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
All Rush fans are hereby required to blast YYZ from Exit...Stage Left at full volume.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What a drat shame. :smith:

Neil was just such an unparalleled master at drumming.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn4IprJww8w

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not big on musical knowledge or drumming, but Rush is one of my favorite bands so this sucks to hear. Cancer is loving trash.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ive spent my whole life living in or near Toronto and one of my biggest regrets is not going to one of the hundreds of shows they play here thinking I still had time. Witnessing a Peart solo live must have been an otherworldly experience.

gently caress cancer. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deUirMqTV6A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Never really got into Rush but you don't have to be a fan to know Peart's talent and contributions to music.

Cancer loving sucks.