Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If u don't realize or believe that dreams are literally just as real as waking life just smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

dreams would have to be more real than waking life in order for waking life to be taking place inside a dream though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
waking life and dreams are both taking place entirely in the space between your neurons bro

it's all the same thing, it's all the same thing... no new tale to tell

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Take solace in the fact that our simulated universe doesn't suck as much as Spore did.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Ghosts might actually be real but only in the sense that some quantum technobabble thing about a fragment of your last conscious mindstate state gets stuck in a loop outside your dead meat body tied to god knows what and fucks with other people's quantum consciousness states for a bit until entropy does it's thing and breaks it up enough to gently caress off.

Quantum technobabble! It's good for sci-fi and metaphysics!

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Coolness Averted posted:

congrats on inventing but failing to solve the cartesian demon 360 or so years late, elon

what's the solution to the demon, I gotta know

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hLCV84-cU0

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Live Free posted:

what's the solution to the demon, I gotta know

you gotta make sure you keep the amulet you find in level 3, it'll start glowing once you can use it. Make sure and start with the think command

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully there's a Steam discussion thread going on when I get out of this game because I have some questions about the nerfs my character took around age 9.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Coolness Averted posted:

you gotta make sure you keep the amulet you find in level 3, it'll start glowing once you can use it. Make sure and start with the think command

fail

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

PostNouveau posted:

Hopefully there's a Steam discussion thread going on when I get out of this game because I have some questions about the nerfs my character took around age 9.

Lowering my charisma to max other stats was a huge mistake

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Pickwick High posted:

Now 40 years later we have photorealistic 3D simulations with millions of people playing simultaneously and it's getting better every year. And soon we'll have virtual reality, augmented reality, if you assume any rate of improvement at all, the games will become indistinguishable from reality.

Sounds like this Elon guy is a guy who knows a lot of stuff and definitely knows how things work, and has seen & interacted w/ the things he is talking about, and isn't just being the millionaire version of Idea Guy.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-free/games/pc?category=educational

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Not sure why you posted this, but I am frankly disturbed by it, and have come to realize this simulation is basically Pregnant Princess Baby Birth mixed with Surgery Simulator.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
there is no simulation it's all simulation, we all abide by the laws of truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtmguxE3DuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iif3xZWQDeY

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
*sips coffee*

*level up guitar riff plays in head*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

they are doing a great job in regards to the farting aspect of the simulation

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
The graphics are incredible but whoever generated these character models should be fired.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
i just saw a black cat walk past, then a black cat walk past again

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

dead prez posted:

i just saw a black cat walk past, then a black cat walk past again
its probably lost :(

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
how do I respec my skill points

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down

numberoneposter posted:

its probably lost :(

in the matrix :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fudge Handsome posted:

LSD

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fudge Handsome posted:

trepanation

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if you take enough mushrooms it looks like you are loving with the color sliders in photoshop

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
mario takes the appropriate amount of mushrooms

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

numberoneposter posted:

if you take enough mushrooms it looks like you are loving with the color sliders in photoshop

If you take more it starts to look like you have every surface on it's own layer and are loving with different filters on all of them.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Ohgod I think I'm an NPC.

(Trump being a PC would explain a lot tbh)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

pixaal posted:

If you take more it starts to look like you have every surface on it's own layer and are loving with different filters on all of them.
that sound sweet

i did a bunch during daytime for the first time ever on new years eve/day and this yellow geometro was like the most brightness - > contrast thing ive ever seen lol

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

There's a theory that the reason everyone alive has a bunch of weird stories about surviving impossible things is because when ur about to die ur consciousness jumps into a universe where ur not gonna die

Like when I was 8 I got thrown head first off my bike and miraculously didn't even crack my head open, or that time I got hit by a person running a stop sign and they missed me by like 1 inch or when I fell off a porch etc

Or maybe the Luck stat is just powerful

My dude I’ve always thought about this after a very bizarre dream when I was on a plane years ago ha glad I’m not the only one who thought of this idea

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

numberoneposter posted:

I seem to be alone in this, but for me mushrooms are way more intense than LSD, in a way. Acid makes everything feel significant and alien but I've always been able to "maintain" even on the most intense trip. Never gotten paranoid, and I've been doing acid for 24 years (oh my god I'm old)

There have been a couple mushroom trips where I got some weird rear end interference. Like one time, tripping with my gf and another girl we knew, they went outside to smoke cigarettes and I stayed in because it was cold and I was convinced they were witches who were planning something really bad for me.

Turns out the only thing they were planning was a 3some :haw:

Shrooms make me see mad crazy geometry when I close my eyes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I didn't survive any of the weird impossible things I've been through.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Butcher posted:

I don't think that follows really. The simulation thing is just "we could be in one, and we would never know or be able to verify in any way".

It changes nothing about how you live your life. It's just kind of a neat thought experiment, but you can't do anything with it.

Fair, I worded it somewhat poorly.

I have only ever met super proto nerds that believe the simulation thing and they're always avid atheists that are sure that god can't be real which is what I find to be a funny disconnect of something essentially the same, religion was a poor choice of words as it encompasses a lot more than just an all powerful deity.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"God definitely doesn't exist. I know this because of the evidence we've gathered from 0.000000000000000000001% of the universe

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

precision posted:

I seem to be alone in this, but for me mushrooms are way more intense than LSD, in a way. Acid makes everything feel significant and alien but I've always been able to "maintain" even on the most intense trip. Never gotten paranoid, and I've been doing acid for 24 years (oh my god I'm old)

There have been a couple mushroom trips where I got some weird rear end interference. Like one time, tripping with my gf and another girl we knew, they went outside to smoke cigarettes and I stayed in because it was cold and I was convinced they were witches who were planning something really bad for me.

Turns out the only thing they were planning was a 3some :haw:

Shrooms make me see mad crazy geometry when I close my eyes.
never tried LSD but the mushrooms when i did a lot were suuuuper trippy, ive also had acid and 2cb have no effect on me, probably because i was so tired or did too much of something else :confused:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

turns out some antidepressants block the effects of shrooms. :smith:

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
perhaps you have just not taken enough shrooms to counteract the effects of the antidepressants?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

numberoneposter posted:

never tried LSD but the mushrooms when i did a lot were suuuuper trippy, ive also had acid and 2cb have no effect on me, probably because i was so tired or did too much of something else :confused:
but lsd is acid?
see this is why we need tcc

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
thc is the most easily accessible psychedelic most people expect things from it so they only trip in certain ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This whole jerk off "are we in a simulation" bullshit is religion for stupid loving nerds who think they're too smart for religion, hth