Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
People who give two car lengths or more between them and the person in front of them in major traffic and congestion at intersections are assholes, hell even one car length, move the gently caress up.

Cutting people off , especially without a turn signal, high speed, gently caress you.

Not letting people into traffic after being stopped and they are trying to get in, lil bitch. Can you tell I have a long commute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

just avoid people driving pickup trucks...they are not to be trusted

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
When the cyclist embedded under my car in the garage keeps making noise and ruins dinner

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
actually you're the dipshit op

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
List of worst driver brands:

BMW/Audi (duh)
Jeep
Acura
Nissan
Any kind of old minivan (most likely to be uninsured/unlicensed)

What do you think? Tell us more!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I saw this in traffic the other day

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Mad about Santa

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

i drive manual so i leave like 3 car lengths ahead of me op, also suck my dick

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I WILL GET TO WHERE I'M GOING AND I DON"T loving CARE IF I HAVE TO KILL EVERY loving PERSON ON THE ROAD TO DO IT. I WILL MAKE IT TO THE FRED MEYER EVEN IF IT MEANS I DIE FROM CAR CRASH TRAUMA WHILE TRYING TO BUY MY GREEN BEANS!!!

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
yes hell is real

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
people who leave like, 4/5ths of a car length in front of them while stopped at a stop light loving infuriate me. mostly just because I have a turn on my commute where there's two right turn lanes, where most people want the left one. I have to use the right one and at least once a week I wait an extra 5 minutes on an extra red because can't fit between them and the curb to get in to the empty right lane.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I had a friend who in highschool who would go through the motions of parallel parking in between cars that leave too much space and the car in front of them. He was an idiot but it was entertaining.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

JK Fresco posted:

BMW/Audi (duh)
Jeep
Acura
Nissan

Mercedes are far worse. They consider all other road users sub-human and will happily pull out and drive right into you, while looking right at you.

That and they tend to be old.

I’d also like to shout out to all drivers of white cars - trashy people.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
I leave two car lengths in front of me at intersections to get a running start at pedestrians and cyclists.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also, lol @ people who can't handle unprotected left turn lights so they wait for an entire new cycle instead of pulling in to the intersection

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I like to look over at people like you in traffic. The fidgeting, yelling, and failing about never fails to bring a smile to my face. Then I wish you the peace you are so desperately seeking.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I then notice that traffic has been moving in front of me and slowly go back to inching forward.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

How about you speed up when you are merging onto the highway you piece of poo poo!

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

TheAardvark posted:

also, lol @ people who can't handle unprotected left turn lights so they wait for an entire new cycle instead of pulling in to the intersection

lol at these dudes

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Mmmm....delicious!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I don't get visually mad. I let it brood and tear my soul apart.

Now I get to vent about like a man.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

JK Fresco posted:

BMW/Audi (duh)
Jeep
Acura
Nissan

You forgot Priuses. If some dipshit is driving five under the speed limit in the left lane (a daily phenonema on my commute), nine times out of ten they're in a Prius.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

T Bowl posted:

I saw this in traffic the other day

I always wish I could see these in the flesh, the corniest I've seen lately was a big black and grey US flag and "Stomp on my flag, I stomp on you" underneath of it which lacks the insanity factor unfortunately

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hell is real and it's a freeway in LA.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Following too closely literally causes traffic

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Charles posted:

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Charles posted:

Prove it.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Have you tried taking a helicopter to work instead OP?

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
I ride the bus and sit next to homeless people stench

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
we all exist because of mother fuckers

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I was leaving the grocery store with my hands full of bags, going across the parking lot entrance when some older lady in an SUV was approaching to exit the lot.

Normally when you do this you stop for the people crossing. Made eye contact first, (good for safety), proceeded to walk, then she just turned her head away and gunned it about 2 feet in front of me.

I was somewhat miffed about this so gave the back of the car a little boop with the non breakable groceries. Zero chance of even scratching anything, just a "gently caress you too".

Proceeds to stop, jamming up everything, rolls down the window and shrieks "did you just hit my CARRRRR!!? It's a PARKING lot, not a WALKING LOT!!! I'm calling the POLIIIIICE"

So in conclusion something about getting behind the wheel of a car just makes people lose their loving minds and turn into animals.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Woodpile posted:

Prove it.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/607841/a-single-autonomous-car-has-a-huge-impact-on-alleviating-traffic/
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1367-2630/10/3/033001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wm-pZp_mi0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtwY9xKfaYo

And my favorite relic of 1990s HTML:
http://trafficwaves.org/

I don't have access to JSTOR or anything like that and I'm not going to the library for academic articles, but you have enough info there to get you started.

That being said, please actually look at your speedometer and try and maintain a constant speed. Use cruise control if you're on the road by yourself. Your Honda Civic can make it up the hill faster than 40mph. I can see your giant digital speedometer from my car. :argh:

It's incredible how there can be no cars 1/2 mile in either direction and I come across two cars with the second one following a car length away alternating between gas and brake.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Sorry, I was loving around.

Also, if anybody doesn't know what zipper merge means please learn it.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Woodpile posted:

Sorry, I was loving around.

Also, if anybody doesn't know what zipper merge means please learn it.

sounds painful

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Charles posted:

Not stopped at lights and stuff. Stfu

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Giraffe posted:

You forgot Priuses. If some dipshit is driving five under the speed limit in the left lane (a daily phenonema on my commute), nine times out of ten they're in a Prius.

this isn't 2007 anymore, not true at all. prius's here in the bay area loving haul rear end well above speed limits, and in part because uber drivers and the like love used priuses. prius drivers either are driving aggressive-and-fast-but-not-audi-tier deathwish, or former aggressive-driver but now has kids and is fast but not reckless, or grandpa olde. but i think there's cars that are far more likely to be grandpa oldes slowly chugging along, like buicks and kia's

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

T Bowl posted:

Not stopped at lights and stuff. Stfu

Rude.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Best part really is that there are more cars every day on the road but not more road every day.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
people who leave a bunch of space ahead of them at a red light and then pull forward once you've stopped behind them

my girlfriend thinks its a combination of a defensive driving technique and being retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Also these people who drive like 15 under the limit inexplicably just drive through red lights. Every. drat. time. We all could have gone through if you weren't stoned or whatever's wrong with you.