Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Touching
Don't loving touch me
Touch me, baby
I only let Goku touch me
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
there are some people who loving freak out if you touch them without asking - even if you're close friends. I watched a man scream at someone on a bus today because the random dude he was sitting next to accidentally brushed his hand against him.

Then there are touchy feely people who will put a hand on your shoulder while pointing something out to you or whatever and not even think about it.

anyway, people who hate being touched are weirdos. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
DON'T loving TOUCH ME!!!!!

you mean like that?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
people who want to touch you in more than just a friendly way without permission are rapists

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Getting punched in the face really loving sucks

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Show me where the doll touched you

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

OMFG FURRY posted:

people who want to touch you in more than just a friendly way without permission are rapists

"more than just a friendly way" is the point though. That implies that some level of touching is a normal thing.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I think I'm gonna like it still waiting for my first graze personally

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Aversion to touch is a trait of autism OP, probably not a good idea to make fun of people like that.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
don't stand so close

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Putty posted:

Aversion to touch is a trait of autism OP, probably not a good idea to make fun of people like that.

I dont think he really made fun

as for me and my autism, when I have sex (every fourth harvest moon) I will hover over my partner and make noises as a mix of discomfort and pleasure like "ewwwww yeahhh"

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

TheAardvark posted:

"more than just a friendly way" is the point though. That implies that some level of touching is a normal thing.

*slowly strokes your face with a vacant stare*

this is normal thing to do

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In my lifetime i've seen the handshake turn into a high five and the high five turn into a fist bump. That no-touch high five thing in Demolition Man was probably an accurate prediction of the near future.

I'm guessing back in the 1800s guys wanked each other off every time something nice happened

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I don't really like being touched very much...not really sure why but I've tried in recent years to break the habit. Now I don't cringe when people who I don't know well hug me. It's okay.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I don't know where you guys grew up but where I'm from we tongue kiss as a greeting and anything less is just damned impolite.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
some people think im weird for smacking their rear end, but i just want them to know about that football game, good game guys, good game.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Icochet posted:

In my lifetime i've seen the handshake turn into a high five and the high five turn into a fist bump.

What about that thing where you slap hands together like a half-handshake and then pull towards each other and then bump shoulders, I hate that, is there a manual for this maneuver somewhere or what

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pontificating rear end posted:

I dont think he really made fun

as for me and my autism, when I have sex (every fourth harvest moon) I will hover over my partner and make noises as a mix of discomfort and pleasure like "ewwwww yeahhh"

Ah, OK. I just thought broadly calling people like that weirdos wasn't a good call.

I don't have autism but I also don't like to be touched by people I don't know. I don't think anyone does. Getting brushed against is a simple fact of life, but the hand on shoulder thing is drat annoying and usually the people who do it are creepy in other ways.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

What about that thing where you slap hands together like a half-handshake and then pull towards each other and then bump shoulders, I hate that, is there a manual for this maneuver somewhere or what

Is it normal and expected for them to start jerking you off as a part of the routine idk it seemed kinda weird but I don't wanna be the weirdo who don't know how to do the thing :shrug:

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

the shoulder bump thing is dope what is wrong with yall

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Cheek kissing in European countries somehow feels to me way more acceptable that the hand on shoulder thing. If you touch my shoulder you probably want to sell me something please don't.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Putty posted:

Cheek kissing in European countries somehow feels to me way more acceptable that the hand on shoulder thing. If you touch my shoulder you probably want to sell me something please don't.

The hand on the shoulder thing is a total flex. It feels weird because someone is patronizing you when they do it.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Putty posted:

the hand on shoulder thing is drat annoying and usually the people who do it are creepy in other ways.
That hand on should thing always seemed like a power move to me, like they are controlling your body from movement. I dont really mind being touched but that kind of stuff makes me wary of a person.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Also poll related didn't young Goku do a wiener check on every girl he met.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SKf2pgeVVI

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Nobody ever touches me and I yearn for it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I just remembered the most frustrating coworker I used to have, who had huge sound cancelling headphones and also freaked out when touched. Great combination.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Nobody ever touches me and I yearn for it

put your hand up to the monitor.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

TheAardvark posted:

I just remembered the most frustrating coworker I used to have, who had huge sound cancelling headphones and also freaked out when touched. Great combination.

Your coworker was the dude from Something About Mary?

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
People who don't let go of your hand after a handshake is over need a face punching.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh man, combo moves are super ridiculous. Guys who do any 2+ slap sequence probably rented a dance studio for a couple of days and really honed that poo poo. They're not cool. They're gesture nerds.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Anyone who tries to fist bump me I grab their hand like paper covering rock, and give it a death grip.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Icochet posted:

Oh man, combo moves are super ridiculous. Guys who do any 2+ slap sequence probably rented a dance studio for a couple of days and really honed that poo poo. They're not cool. They're gesture nerds.

it is a basic and widely understood greeting

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
my trademark is the still wet from washing my hands handshake

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I've seen strangers just link there hands together and just sort of pull on each others arms, gives me the heebie jeebies tbh. Not the kind of people I'd be comfortable around for sure.

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
I like my naked body being touched by a peacock feather OP

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Icochet posted:

lmao

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Icochet posted:

handshake -> Shoulder bump isn’t a combo move as you’re thinking of.

This is a Brazilian thing I think, or certainly exists in all BJJ gyms. This, combined with the Brazilian custom of shaking hands with everyone in the room when you arrive and leave makes for some really inefficiencies.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Don’t stand
Don’t stand so
Don’t stand so close to me

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Sexy people only please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wooger posted:

handshake -> Shoulder bump isn’t a combo move as you’re thinking of.

This is a Brazilian thing I think, or certainly exists in all BJJ gyms. This, combined with the Brazilian custom of shaking hands with everyone in the room when you arrive and leave makes for some really inefficiencies.

does this mean stuff like the cold spreads like madness in Brazil? or is it the opposite and they build up a big old immunity