Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I've got a friend who's a "Beach Body" coach or something like that. She's horrendously overweight and her posts on Facebook are just total loving cringe. Then she's DM'ing me about her impending divorce like her life sucks so much how does it not kill you to pretend like that?

HUG ME FOREVER posted:

I have an aunt who will buy into anything anyone even vaguely charismatic will sell her... I don't think she's stupid necessarily

lol bad news bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Pivotal Lever posted:

Im uh “guessing” that the guys at the bottom spend money like water and don’t understand the power of compound returns (continual growth through profit reinvestment) and the guys in the middle/top reinvest their capital, or at least don’t spend down their bankroll on cocaine and door dash and Uber and (list goes on for miles) Some of them just don’t have enough money period, and that sucks.

Drug dealers are also under the constant threat of getting busted and having all their assets seized so there's incentive to live in the moment.

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014
What's worse, that there are a lot of conmen out there telling people that all of their friends and family are potential marks, or that there are a lot of people responding "yes, yes they are"

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

Grem posted:

lol bad news bro

I wouldn't really qualify mental illness as stupidity but you do you my guy.

edit: sorry that was a little aggressive. What I mean is, there are lots of reasons an older person could be vulnerable outside of just straight up being a dumdum, and scams are tailored to take advantage of it all.

HUG ME FOREVER fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 13, 2020

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
A lot of Mormons are way into MLM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
My Grandfather used to sell for Amway back in the 1960's and 70's, and says he made decent money. There was one guy that he used to sell to that lived alone and was always trying to get my Grandpa to come in for coffee.

Grandpa said that it turned out that guy was a serial killer and had killed a bunch of folks and buried their bodies around that house and property, and that was when he decided to quit working for Amway.