Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lots of boomers itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
What really sets these exquisite works of art apart is จะเอย่าง, or intention of frame, meaning the literal intention of the expression. Can you tell from the image what is happening? The choice of form of the shawl, and composition of the flowers, indicate a craftier and more deliberate choice of subject matter.

The fine line between inspiration and result is extremely blurred when looking at one of these canvases, and we all know how it feels to have a piece of artwork work for you. Which is exactly what happened here, as the viewer is left with a thought provoking image that they then go on to create themselves.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Sid Vicious posted:

Wizard Master

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Lots of boomers itt

more doomers please

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Who asked for some Dees?

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

teen witch posted:

Who asked for some Dees?

Just. WOW.
Extremely powerful images here. Real think pieces. Wow. Only the smartest and most awokened will respect you for posting this extremely intelligent and poignant artist.
Just Wow.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
dees is a broken clock cause i agree with the Monsanto and aspartame stuff but then lizard Jews steepling over dead Midwestern voters

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Just. WOW.
Extremely powerful images here. Real think pieces. Wow. Only the smartest and most awokened will respect you for posting this extremely intelligent and poignant artist.
Just Wow.

Wouldn’t exactly call him woke these days. He’s got that 1488 thang on him

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

I just think it would be neat if we were all lizards instead of gross smelly ape people. Why are they always the bad guys? Kinda sus if you ask me.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Those idiots are using the phones wrong, they supposed to suck yo dick not the face :cripes:

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

OMFG FURRY posted:

dees is a broken clock cause i agree with the Monsanto and aspartame stuff but then lizard Jews steepling over dead Midwestern voters

If you agree with Dees on Monsanto and aspartame with the same reasoning as him you are in fact very dumb.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I just checked through those Dees things and its funny he doesn't use Communism as a scapegoat.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Sid Vicious posted:

Wizard Master

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

it’s me. i’m the guy who broke into dee’s house to rearrange his shoes years ago

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Mordekai posted:

If you agree with Dees on Monsanto and aspartame with the same reasoning as him you are in fact very dumb.

my reasoning for hating Monsanto is round up, intellectual property rights on seeds/plants, self terminating crops, and their continued fight against more sustainable farming practices (vertical, aeroponics, etc). and aspartame is just about encouraging bad habits, such as sugary drinks and putting sugar in coffee, by making it seem zero impact but your body will still crave glucose from other sources.

but i dunno maybe i should just explain what the phrase "broken clock is right twice a day" means to a big ol dummy.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
here ya go

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Goatse.

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Picture a wildly grinning Elon Musk riding a rocket out of the earth but it's really a coo coo clock earth and there's a bunch of brown children on the earth with tears in their eyes and they are trying to protect themselves from the debris raining off of Elons rocket.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

You cant handle the truth

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
the real society was disturbing we made along the way

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Im the completely normal Diet Pepsi

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
gently caress, hiold on

the real society was

disturbing, the way

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
the disturbing society was real. really DISTURBING that is!!

(everyone laughs so hard the radio transmitters are visible in their teeth)

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Nads Buster > Ad Busters

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cant say first year art school disturbs me.

Now a museum full of knockoff Guernicas each drawn by a student more desparate than the last to stop drawing guernicas and instead do the art they actually have passion for now that was a disturbing artwork that reflects modern society.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Barudak posted:

Cant say first year art school disturbs me.

Now a museum full of knockoff Guernicas each drawn by a student more desparate than the last to stop drawing guernicas and instead do the art they actually have passion for now that was a disturbing artwork that reflects modern society.

Unironically:
How are Art School projects & classes graded?
Is it up to the taste of the professor?
Is effort+polish good enough like High School PE?
Do you have to cover yourself in paint and flop around a canvas nude under strict directions of your professor?
Or other common questions

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
the thing about actual art is that "what it's about" isn't what other artists are looking at, they're looking at how the work is about what it's about. That's why still lifes are such a popular topic of art, not because rich dudes used to be like "oh fuckin sweet, a picture of some fruit" it was so an artist could show off how hosed up and weird they think fruit looks. like, "oh what, are your watermelons not ultra-seedy with weird curved red inner bits? that's what it looks like to me, but maybe i'm just different." no one cares if you draw the most fuckable apple in fuckable apple drawing class, cuz anyone can do that. photorealism is an indicator of fine motor control, not artistic mastery, even if it does look extremely hella cool. show me that you understand the essence of what makes an apple fuckable, that's fuckin, thats art man. that's what you gotta do. speak to the universal .

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

What really makes art art is the acknowledgment of and deference to feelings.
In other words, the artist must clearly see something in something, just like you must see an animal in a picture and not forget that animals are like people. Now let's look at the World of Warcraft. These are some of the featured gameplay plays:
Let's think of the play such that a young lady could see it, and then this particular combination:
While many games have different levels of importance or importance to the community, WoW has it all with it's variety, diversity, and active interactions with the community. Granted, much of the time there's no real contact, so a more casual player doesn't even see these plays. We have random mobs with random armor in the mountain passes.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Analytic Engine posted:

Unironically:
Do you have to cover yourself in paint and flop around a canvas nude under strict directions of your professor?

you have to show you know proper rules/techniques and then break them in an interesting way

its really easy to tell how much time and effort is put into nearly any project

otherwise, plagiarize

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Art is generally graded on ʾ40% success (i.e. how many people finish it) and ʾ60% (how much time and effort is put into its creation).
Score Details:
0 = Not at all 0 = Only an average drawing 0 = A few mediocre drawings 0 = Most mediocre drawings
1 = Strong
2 = Excellent
3 = Fantastic
4 = One of the best
5 = I honestly didn't know you were doing anything when I saw your drawing!
6 = Good
7 = Above average
8 = Awesome!
9 = Amazing
10 = One of the best comics ever!
11 = Hard to put into words that good stuff
12 = In the discussion of comics not-as-good as some others
21 = Ex-Beatle.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

Unironically:

Im not an expert and only know about Chinese programs:

Youre graded at first on "how good are you at showing you understand and can execute on the fundamentals" and then eventually given more free reign. In China this is shitloads of "copy this famous piece" slowly becoming "you are allowed to make twists on this famous piece". You are never given truly free reign without proving you arent going to be a political nuisance

Professors ideally are looking for skill/effort and teaching techniques or encouraging people to think about their art. In China theyre also a first line of government control.

Effort + Polish is pretty much all they can offer along with critiques

Not unless that is your art. In China that style of art isnt the most endorsed since people who have aspirations beyond party art and book covers and want to break the mold have a tendency to say things like Mao was only 69% right.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

teen witch posted:

Who asked for some Dees?

Every one of these looks like an incredible 80s thrash album.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Poor Steve jabs never catch a break

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
The upskirting one is pretty cool and powerful.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I’m pretty sure one of the guys getting his face sucked is a George costanza cosplay