Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly, as cutthroat as Feng is, it does sound like he retains some fondness for us. Something in the tone of what he's saying, plus the fact he'll just tell you this stuff if you're his apprentice.

I also appreciate how he's written overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
A bit late on the commentary, but I do appreciate how difficult it is to break into the castle. All else aside, the world does feel like a world here. Getting into the castle should be difficult for a random nobody.

The game has a tendency to go full-on wall of text, but at least the writing quality is reasonably there.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly, the playthroughs showcasing the other paths really do contrast this one very nicely. It's nicely done how the other stories that you know keep cropping up in this mission.... but you're just a heavy club that keeps getting swung.

The part with Feng was especially funny. Feng is REALLY good at what he does, but I think playing an ignorant character showcases that best.... but only with the context of knowing, first.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
My take-away from that ending is that Feng is a loving cockroach who'd outlive every one of his enemies.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I just marathoned the tail end of the LP and while the later part of the game did feel less weighty than the first part, the endings are still completely appropriate.

I appreciate the subtext that the Merchant is the one out of all the factions that gains the least for serving his master. It's really funny.

The nuke ending made me laugh, it's like "oops".