Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Xarbala posted:

That entire thread lasted just two weeks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've read nearly every post in this thread, played through half the game myself, and watched the entire game in a stream. There is nothing in this game that was put there to straight-facedly bash women or homosexuals. There is some "misogynistic" content played as satire (misogynistic in quotes because to even call it that accuses it of being serious rather than a joke), and a single gay joke which is far tamer even than many jokes on Will and Grace.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Having finished the thread it's cool seeing people in the Users Browsing page who were prominent in there. Must feel epic to be reliving this. I only remembered whatever ended up in YCS.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ive been laughing really hard for 10 minites thinking about a guy having an existential crisis because the dukje got a handy j from another d00d

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ive been laughing really hard for 10 minites thinking about a guy having an existential crisis because the dukje got a handy j from another d00d

lmao

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Every time people freaked out about Duke being gay people were like "Actually that guy's just taking a poo poo. There's a girl in there with him that's on her knees" or whatever which is also awesomely stupid. What a legendary game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Guy dumping his rear end in a occupied glory hole stall. lmfao

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

To be totally honest, between the gaming press' negative reaction to DNF, fawning reaction to the Wii U, complete silence on titles like The Last Story, Xenoblade, and the fate of Suikoden VI… I'm probably going to stop reading sites and reviews altogether. A huge gap is starting to form between my tastes and apparently what's deemed worth covering by the big boys, so, time to move on.

Back to DNF.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Black people have forgiven Michael Richards and women will forgive Duke.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kongming posted:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kongming posted:

No. Just no.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Almost all the biggest Duke Bros were eventually banned for being nazis and pedophiles.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kongming posted:

No. Just no.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kongming posted:

No. Just no.

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the 1-2 punch of axemaniac encouraging these insane posts and then zorak probating people who agreed with axe too hard was badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

To be totally honest, between the gaming press' negative reaction to DNF, fawning reaction to the Wii U, complete silence on titles like The Last Story, Xenoblade, and the fate of Suikoden VI… I'm probably going to stop reading sites and reviews altogether. A huge gap is starting to form between my tastes and apparently what's deemed worth covering by the big boys, so, time to move on.

Back to DNF.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guy who loves Duke Nukem Forever, the Suikoden series, the oeuvre of Hironobu Sakaguchi and HATES the Wii U.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Thank you, Axe, for speaking for those without stars who dare not speak, lest they probated for counterhating the haters.

Duke speaks through his prophet Axe. We speak through Axe. The Duke Bros. hierarchy is a well oiled machine, like the Catholic church.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao at everything. pouring myself a glass of nice red wine before diving into the legendary DNF goldmined thread.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Almost all the biggest Duke Bros were eventually banned for being nazis and pedophiles.

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Guy who loves Duke Nukem Forever, the Suikoden series, the oeuvre of Hironobu Sakaguchi and HATES the Wii U.

picturing this guy begrudgingly buying a wii u for xenoblade chronicles x and riding the bob rollercoaster so hard his neck snaps

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

jesus christ

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Every time people freaked out about Duke being gay people were like "Actually that guy's just taking a poo poo. There's a girl in there with him that's on her knees" or whatever which is also awesomely stupid. What a legendary game.

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

TWO WEEKS LATER WHAT THE gently caress

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bro the duke was in the bathroom stall getting a beej from his sex slave twins he rescued from the alien rips. it was just pure coincidence the stall he was getting head [STRAIGHT head] in happened to be occupied by a dude who was taking a poo poo with a full on boner

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
No wait I lied my favorite part was someone pointing out Duke says "power armor is for pussies" despite the Regen mechanic being front and center in DNF followed by the pedantic argument of "uh the HEALTH doesn't regen in Halo 1, just the Shields :colbert:"

despite Halo 2, 3, ODST, and motherfucking Reach coming out between Halo 1 and DNF

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Guy dumping his rear end in a occupied glory hole stall. lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

If I could find a way to combine this with my Awesome Physics® demo I whipped up where the physics engine would tweak the path of objects for the coolest result, we could make the coolest Three Stooges FPS ever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

98% of teens have moved on to WiiU and Mario Party copy paste this sig if you’re one of the 2% who still always bets on Duke :dukedog:

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Just got back from my store's midnight release. It was pretty fun, even if only about 30 people out of my 80 pre-orders showed up.

Had a Duke-a-Like contest (that no one loving showed up for, dorks), and a time-attack of the Hollywood Holocaust on 360 to win a $25 gift card... it's amazing how crappy people were! We had 3 people FINALLY have it all come back to them. (It was a keep trying till you kick rear end at it thing), and it was awesome and we all dressed up and it was a blast.

Now that my Duke's done installin', I'ma go kill some alien bastards.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sounds like a good time.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asNcneOxjYg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book posted:

the 1-2 punch of axemaniac encouraging these insane posts and then zorak probating people who agreed with axe too hard was badass