Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
did anyone ever decipher the mcdonalds hot sauce situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

King of Bees posted:

did anyone ever decipher the mcdonalds hot sauce situation?

Is this the Rick and Morty thing? All I had heard from that is hundreds of white dudes storming a McDonalds and harassing the employees for a sauce that they were clearly sold out of.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I said come in! posted:

Is this the Rick and Morty thing? All I had heard from that is hundreds of white dudes storming a McDonalds and harassing the employees for a sauce that they were clearly sold out of.

No, I said mcdonalds only has salsa packets which are terrible but someone said they have actual hot sauce packets in San Diego. I posit the hashbrown on sausage egg mcmuffin sandwich is made amazing with hot sauce, but mcdonalds doesnt provide it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There’s a McDonald’s right across from the US/Mexico border (Mexico side) that has a full salsa bar.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's a Jack in the Box a few blocks down the street from me in Ocean Beach, I guess because jack in the box was born here

I have quite literally never seen anyone go in or out of it, or use the drive thru. It's gotta be a sweet place to work

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

King of Bees posted:

No, I said mcdonalds only has salsa packets which are terrible but someone said they have actual hot sauce packets in San Diego. I posit the hashbrown on sausage egg mcmuffin sandwich is made amazing with hot sauce, but mcdonalds doesnt provide it.

Ooh man im so bad at keeping up. I would just yell at a mcdonalds drive through.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

All I know is Jack in the Box has Frank's hot sauce and that's some good poo poo for fast food hot sauce.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

wizardofloneliness posted:

I like Jack in the Box's breakfast. It's closer to me than McDonald's so I usually go there. I'm mildly impressed with their eggs because they actually mostly resemble what an egg would look like if you cooked it yourself. I remember McD's eggs as some sort of weird yellow sponge thing. I can't comment on how their hashbrowns compare though.

Mcdonalds cooks the eggs fresh for the mcmuffins, cracking each egg in a round silicone mold

You can get the real eggs on other breakfast sandwiches, just gotta ask for a "round egg"

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008

King of Bees posted:

I'm a fan with the salsa packets on the breakfast burritos. Doesn't have any kick but I like the flavor

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

King of Bees posted:

Sounds like a mission for team Sandiegoons.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

All I know is Jack in the Box has Frank's hot sauce and that's some good poo poo for fast food hot sauce.

Frank's is good but it's no Texas Pete

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Mcdonalds cooks the eggs fresh for the mcmuffins, cracking each egg in a round silicone mold

You can get the real eggs on other breakfast sandwiches, just gotta ask for a "round egg"

When I was working fast food as a kid it wasn't a silicone mold. It was 8 steel rings in a 2x4 configuration on the grill. You then put a flat "lid" over the top that had a lil cup on the top you filled with water that dripped onto the top of the eggs. I'm guessing to kinda "steam" the tops? But yeah those are straight up whole eggs. The folded egg is cartons of pre-mixed/beaten eggs.

The egg cartons for the folded eggs were PWE (Processed White Eggs).

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I remember the steel rings. I was unlucky enough to work at the McDonald's with the 2nd highest volume in New England so our contraption was a 24 ring deal 6 x 4. The water is definitely the key to those things, it makes them almost impossible to screw up. We used real eggs for everything tho, nothing came poured out of a carton. This was a long rear end time ago however

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

King of Bees posted:

tabasco keeps forever even in a hot car, just keep a little bottle handy. franks works too but gets gloopy quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I have a huge surplus of fire sauce packets and that poo poo definitely elevates the sausage mcmuffin with egg. Highly recommended