Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

hashtag free nonviolent jay

Without him to protect us; the Violents J will have all of us :ohdear: :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

tithin posted:

Remove Sydney, insert Melbourne.

For sure; we shalt overtake the city and I have reserved Kirribilli house once we get the stank out of the carpets then there’s gonna be quite a housewarming there ASAP

*much stank to be stonked who is bringing the purple broccoli?

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Anyone have any experience with pedophile teachers back in the day?

Bit too much; SECASA and cops are trying to nail one right now! Fffffff a lot of PE teachers are sussssss and the cops are onto them but ehhh pretty hard to get anyone to testify either..

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Inkfish posted:

Dunno if the thread knows about this guy but you should all watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y37GkOs7qu4

Found a new idol / life purpose thank you

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Backyard shirtless drunk boxing matches broadcasted on YouTube let’s go boys our thread Mum needs us

The festival of Toranacoy loosely translated to “many boys hitting each other with Torana parts”

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
So clear; through the fires red glare, bongs smoking in air ...

Gave proof through the night..

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

I had this for loving ages as well, except it was less then 5m from my bedroom window. Used to piss me off because they would start at 7am, then stop for the day at like 2:30. Delay it an hour each end fuckos, and let me sleep.

Got an impending demolition coming. 5 stories up and three down roughly same distance from my bedroom and we are planning on fleeing ASAP. If possible.

June 2020 sounded a long way off but now oh god. Nooooooooooooooo

The new rescue cat is loving her new home; she is terrified of vibration. Worst comes to worst we will be staying at the in-laws or preferably in a car vs any of the parents.

OTOH does anyone have tips on how much benzine or what chemicals would mean EPA decides “ no, this is going to be a park” as I’ve seen this occur to a few demolished buildings nearby thank you old factories for poisoning the earth. Wait.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

ili posted:

It's ok when you're sober but way way better on the turps.

The neurotoxicity of the combination is not advisable; you’ll end up with a brain worse than mine!

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

I'm over halfway through my changing my epilepsy meds and I'm on a full dose of both right now, my life is kinda like a dizzy dream where i constantly forget where I'm going.

Oo sounds similar to my fun times; tho I haven’t woken up talking to the police at a burger joint for over 18 months which is pretty decent now. *tho those dream burgers are great the cops should have either helped or arrested me imo*

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Jestery posted:

Sir this is a Wendy's drive through

No you walk /sleepwalk to the burger place keep up with strange neurological issues and I’ll buy you a TCB at Cali burgers 3am one night just call us in the dream.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
Old mate over in the Emirates posted us this lovely *not lovely* Australia Day banner

This school is Riddled with susssss Australian teachers. Real suss. And this kangaroo definitely does not acknowledge any Torres Strait or other flags and I have been told they drive a bus and teach RE too. :(

*Won’t let us post a pic let’s see if this works*

LTE trying for 10 minutes aaaahh

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

well why not posted:

mods seemingly don’t read this thread but expect us to follow their rules in it to some extent. There’s only like 7 regular posters ITT we should self govern free of American interference. It’d also be ok if we had an Australian mod (not necessarily of GBS) as a Governor General figure of the thread.

#freeNVJ so that they may protect us from the most violent of J and wrath of the humourless 😔

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I can’t take screenshots on my phone but I just got a targeted ad for a Thursday only special from the ‘tribe of judea care services’ for 2L of oak Choccy milk for 1.92 just FYI that’s cheaper than regular milk!

Mums nice old neighbour is getting regular deliveries from some sort of kosher charity; every Sunday ; has no clue why but she is sharing that with all of us as it’s about 8 adults worth of food

Thank you random charity or whatever computer error is doing this, the chicken is lovely! Rest of the meat is alright but drat that kosher chicken is the best. Paired with some Stubb’s bbq sauce you got it MADE.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

Buying two ounces of weed in case the city is put into lockdown quarantine mode

Doing quick maths .. trying to work out how much to get to make it through till August :(

Otherwise only things we are low on now is meat, other food. And there’s no stocked shelves anywhere close by just hoping the online options work out before the end of the week or the cat will get pretty drat hungry :(

Got most of our meds yesterday but the higher schedule stuff is still not allowed to be dispensed in any amount over a months supply; they need to relax this one a bit for the doctors, pharmacist and patients sakes all

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
[quote="Lolie" post="503392539"]
We've already had a nearby medical centre close. It's only a matter of time before more doctor's surgeries have to close as well as small pharmacies. I take 2 medications on the DD list. The max quantity for 1 is a week's supply and for the other it is 2 week's supply, so I need to see my GP at least weekly. If he has to close his surgery, I'm screwed.

In other news, Western Sydney Health District is finally going to limit visitor numbers in its hospitals - should have been done weeks ago.

The closest GP clinic to us had quite the famous Doctor-patient 0 and closed down, unnervingly close to our closest supermarket as well as the pharmacy right next door to it.

I’m supposed to go to the psychologist today and for both our sakes I’m cancelling; hope they can do a Skype style or phone session if possible it’s too hot for me to go out there and I’m 50% certain I have either the normal vanilla flu, a virus or this covid one since nearly every direction there’s a school shut down or clinic too. Whelp I better get on the phone since I need to be there in 45 minutes :(

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

McSpergin posted:

I just realised I kind of have a go bag but it's basically just my camping bag

Same but it’s anything with an Apple logo on it and the cat.. probs some broccoli and coffee too I *guess*

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Isaac posted:

Sometimes they cant even get the front door unlocked as if that isnt their entire professional function

lol the best surprise we had from a real estate agent was fairly recent, they just burst right into our flat. Mid - cone ripping. Turns out you need to **really** check the number on the place you’re entering first, rather than after the people inside freak out and start yelling “what theee” at you and your mate / lucky nobody really has any weapons here I guess.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
Some .. fairly ok news from Seppostan *may he recover and serve his full sentence + bonus*

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
I love my family but is anyone else having issues today ; people wanting to see you or come over to visit or Catch up??! It’s fairly hard to avoid the news or all the warnings around the place.

I know the government hasn’t been crystal clear but a lot of these work in healthcare and definitely would be aware of most of the rules or strong advisories about Not seeing anyone you don’t live with as much as you can possibly achieve..

Or they are just bored or cannot handle being at home? My mum in law thinks we are discriminating against her cause she’s a doctor; and we know she’s had infected patients at her clinic as well. Doesn’t make sense but so far they are at least taking NO or listening to us.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Lolie posted:

My neighbour is a nurse. I think it's a combination of boredom and not wanting to cancel planned events.

I also think that our messaging leaves too much up to individual interpretation and we need to follow the UK and be much more specific (even though some people in the UK are finding creative ways to break the rules).

My cousin only canceled her wedding last Friday. Concerning amount of people only began changing their lifestyle or stopped travelling around for work or fun when they were prevented from doing so by multiple governments and the threat of illness/worse...

She had planned to get married. In ITALY... not such a weird idea since her fiancés family is all over there ; but it took her quite a while to decide and I don’t even want to ask her how his side is doing.. :/

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

ili posted:

Just kick Victoria out of Australia.

What do you think we have been trying to achieve for so long?! Victorious Victory; just. The Best, most elitist of elite.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Strong Convections posted:

Mine has a mute button.

Seriously, why do some washing machine and microwave manufacturers feel that they need to alert you that these non-time-critical processes are complete and not shut up about it until you open the door?
Fire alarms are meant to be annoying so that you pay attention and don't die. Is it so critical that I get to my microwaved food within 15 seconds? Apparently a lot of them have a secret mute button by holding stop or something.

My gD Toaster beeps so loud ; it is the same warning tone as an APC UPS has, so loud it will startle the cat and wake up anyone who’s sleeping in later than whoever is. Having toast for breakfast.

Great toaster otherwise—might get surgical on it if i can find that speaker and just remove but who thought “yes; the bread coming out isn’t a good enough tell for anyone make it BEEEEP” thanks for your design choices random toaster over engineerers

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Big Willy Style posted:

Like toasters already make a noise when the toast pops out...

Just checked ; its just some regular arse Breville model; nothing fancy or Smart or IOT-with-app

Next trend will be RGB gamer LED’s or something. Can’t wait

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

ili posted:

QLD. Haven't gone anywhere or anything like that so as soon as the result comes back I'm sorted.

Typically takes about a week in cursed queen Victoria land; unless you’re working or patient-facing in healthcare i think

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
We cannot all be as photogenic as https://twitter.com/mariekehardy/status/1287355016118849536?s=21

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Well I guess i'll be buying my truck parts elsewhere.

Or get a good deal on a combo choloroquine and finally stop that malaria + cold air intake

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Normally all my political ideas are terrible and/or unfunny. This probably won't break any trends.

IF (2 million people) = (out of work suddenly) AND (stimulus due to end in a few months) AND (public housing crisis) AND (economic recovery needed) then why isn't someone in a leadership position announcing plans for sustained public housing construction?

The workers are going to spend money in the local businesses, thus stimulating economic movement and 2 million people aren't looking at being homeless in 2021. Also imagine the resultant crime wave by the utterly desperate in pure survival mode if left out in the cold.

Call me a crazy fuckwit but come on. Why isn't this being pushed as the road to recovery post-cough?

Sounds good!

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

I’m all for gallows humour (within reason) but I fail to see what is so funny about this. Thousands of people are literally going to have their lives ruined because of this. The small businesses that managed to survive the first lockdown have no chance of riding out a second one. We are going to be so, so hosed for years to come.

Yup—had a weird/vivid and short; but not so implausible “nightmare” that my favourite fairly small non chain Mexican restaurant closed down...

They cannot be doing too well with no dining-in or massive alcohol profits vs the amount they make on food.. if we end up with just maccas and 7-elevens for survivors of this plague. And ridiculous unemployment and homeless :( just. Aaahhhh

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
This site might be handy ; drat do we need to carry ID around now? Oh well.. as long as this actually makes an impact i guess

Use this to get a radius from any point

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Granite Octopus posted:

Reported our neighbors cause they aren’t following any of the laws. Constant visitors, moving between houses, no masks loving had it with these fuckheads.

Yup still trying to work out what to do here; lady next to us has more visitors than the avg broccoli at home market ;; unless she has broccoli available today is the decider. 2br ~ one person. 5 cars.. hopefully she has listened; i think she is quite vulnerable but i reckon she’s in the “f this I’m going to go out having a good time” mentality; myself..

*and just as i posted this another car arrives ; 3rd for the day. Well keeping track of plates so the contact tracers can do their jobs if SHTF there* aaaah

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
Hm i think thats the same brand which has a Pork flavour that stays with you for 3-5 days. Doesn’t matter how much you brush or wash your mouth theres this weird (great!) pork taste on everything

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

McSpergin posted:

This is also true

Also I'm not saying I dislike the Cali burrito because they own, I just don't like when it's been hosed by some half arsed act of making it more appealing to "white people" ie cutting the spice and flavour out lol

I used to enjoy that one; with extra Juh-luhhh-peons and their hottest sauce;; the variance of what “hot” was got pretty annoying though.. then somehow we managed to get near unlimited deliveroo /Uber credits and managed to get sick of GyG. I cannot eat anything from there for ᵖʳᵒᵇᵃᵇˡʸ another year~~

Thank Christ we have a great place nearby but they’re independent, family owned and I don’t know how they will manage steering through the Rona. Once that settles if we are stuck with Maccas, KFC and Pizza Hut, not sure if its worth all the effort :(

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i tried to do this but I think i took off from the city aerodrome instead of the airport I was thinking of further west and I kind of just whipped over the woomb before I could get the fancy external camera going

https://twitter.com/slasher/status/1295873830049767424?s=21

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Tokamak posted:

gently caress them kids

Oh no, toolies cancelled too

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/47/e0/81/47e081d3ff86b0d930da0acf1cefdbf7.jpg

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
I’m ok-issssh with this. **only if** the broccoli distribution continues to hold up. Without broccoli i dont know; warmer weather is gonna be tricky for most to resist as well :(

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

naeka posted:

Sittin outside punchin darts & cones and can't hear even a single noise. No cars, no people, no planes just silence. Not sure if I will even be able to cope with city life after lockdown ends holy poo poo I think it has really hit home how much the quiet helps me to be able to tune off.

For real i am semi dreading how things might end up; its been quieter than being on holiday in a country town or way out in the middle of nowhere ; on a main road in the city here too. Curfew sort of sucked but also was nice i guess (i cant imagine it wold have been much fun if you lived with your parents or had horrible room mates though :(.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Korgan posted:

Settle down Blowtax

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

well why not posted:

nothing more australian than hating children having fun

Lol for real—it seems to be a big thing here this year and i am all for it **but please dont spread the ‘rona**

Only bit I’m a bit freaked out by is the fairly realistic spider webs ; not so much fun when theres real spiders all over the place but ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
They’re even fairly good at shunning real poo poo fans of theirs ; noice work.

Though unfortunately i think Fraser A’s home city might be Brissy ; ooffff.