Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

ground floor let's do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

and the blowback will be hardest on the victims of his abuse, so hosed up.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

being queer in australia loving sucks and being punished for the crime of existing is just so wrong the best thing that could come out of this is some awareness of lgbt+ suicide rates but i'm under no illusions of people giving a poo poo about that.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Never trust someone with a first name as a last name or a last name as a first name or both at the same time

My nan always said not to trust people with 2 first names and this rule has served me well.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Lolie posted:

I start chemo on Thursday. It's now the official job of this thread to entertain me during two days of chemo each fortnight for the next few months.

you're the best and it's gonna go great

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

on inappropriate relationships an ex of mine dated our boss at the time for a few months before she moved on. then down the track i dated her after she quit that job. now i run i to him on ocassion and it's super awkward and i mostly regret it cause he always brings her up and it's been a while since we split.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

i feel attacked by this

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I don’t mind a bunch of weird incongruent smells all at once but lush in particular is like a meth lab full of fruit exploded.

this is what my bathroom smells like it's great, then bedroom smells like cones which is a bit icky.

best lush thing is this purple sparkle crystal shower gel that feels and smell incredible. sticks in your crevices though, one time i saw some purple sparkles on my underwear and freaked for a minute was like that's weird color blood am i dying why is it sparkli-- oh.

hope this helps.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

the cool posts kid posted:

If anybody remembers my suicidal sadbrain posting from the old thread, I’m doing way better now

hi5 good work

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

never liked coke but the stuff i tried in aus was definitely ALOT worse than overseas, one of my dealers had some really pure coke a few years ago at xmas but i didn't partake and he was telling me how hard it is to get clean stuff here. had an ex with a baaaaaad coke problem and had to nurse way too many come downs of hers that convinced me locally it's defs cut with speed and gently caress knows what else.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Tokamak posted:

Saw a psych for the first time in a while. Said that they have never prescribed a stimulant to a 30-something, gave me a script for an anti-depressant and left it to me if I wanted to reschedule an appointment. This was after going through my history of taking a heap of different anti-depressants that did nothing, and taking a stimulant that did quite a bit. That and a few other awkward things, and I'am sensing that I will not be seeing this psych for long. Which is a shame since It has taken me forever to organise seeing one who can bulk bill me.

you deserve alot better, keep looking and if you can do your own research stick with it till you find someone that gels with you. can be tough and take a few tries for sure so don't feel bad that's standard.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

havin a sappy mazzy starr fueled sunday after working last 7 days woo. 5 more to go till long weekend.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

EoinCannon posted:

Inner east of Melbourne just copped some golf ball hail. I thought it would ding up the car for sure but I guess cars are tougher than I thought.

I got caught in it walking home but took umbrella with me today after getting soaked friday week so avoided the worst but my street was starting to flood when i got in the door. huge huge hailstones all over the yard right now.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

i remember win and prime had alot of freaky poo poo when i was out country that we never saw in the city. i was always scared to turn tv on at night cause the old black and white fuzzy picture made things even more horrifying.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

I'm still afraid of vhs cause nan's hr puffinstuff videoe.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

gently caress yes new avatar rules I take back what I said

i have a vinyl Humphrey record at home somewhere

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

was mixed in with the black metal, humphrey reppin it

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Big Willy Style posted:

Apparently the new mayhem album is actually good? Can you confirm?

nope haven't been into that stuff since late 90s early 2000s, it's literally nazi's most of the way down but i kept a few records as collectors items.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

oh yea most recent black metal record i got was marid - ٧٧٧٧٧٧٧ which is insanely good but as a whole i bounced off the genre. my most listened to songs on spotify last year were all britney spears, grunge or folk music so a huge shift from growing up.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Zazi posted:

anyone else remember Mr Doo Bee

I AM A ROMPER ROOM DO BEE! I have a mug somewhere with him on it but my main coffee one is my agro mug from hungry jacks circa 89 or 90.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Introduce them to UT99

nooo action quake 2. got my little cousin into it and I'm gonna bring it back to popularity one person at a time i swear.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

everything in my yard is covered in orange gunk water god drat poo poo is hosed right now.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Jestery posted:

Same , but I imagine far less pleasent on your end

yup we've had lane and even street closures and there's orange puddles all over in South east melbs. last night it was raining orange mud but so far today has been clearer and washed alot of it off. can't wait to get home and scrub my outdoor table and chairs.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

queef anxiety posted:

so we've had fires, hailstones and dust storms what is heralding the arrival of the 4th horseman?

corona virus. naturally soon as i get my drinking under control a virus with the same name as booze shows up.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Laserface posted:

My friend is a paramedic and was called to a job at 5am in Sydney park.

Some dude with about 3 grams of ice, no clothes at all and a duffle bag full of dildos

He was arguing with the cops why ISNT he allowed to get his rocks off in the bushes because they're all consenting adults?

Had someone on ice run across the highway naked last week outside work and one of my coworkers starts calling the cops and another one says to her "why are you calling them the oval office made it across the highway better than i do most nights. the cops will just shoot him anyway leave him in peace." as this guy ran into some bushes screaming after dodging 8 lanes of peak hour traffic. i just did not expect to hear anything like that from a coworker so it was pretty wild.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

one of the girls in my class i'm teaching is like 19 or 20 and was telling me on friday she is having a hottest 100 party and i was like ahhhh i remember being young. then she started telling me about one of the hottest 100 parties she had "way back ages ago" and i realised her definition of the olden days i was still in my 30s and was like yep, i'm officially one of the oldies now.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

jisoe was a cultural icon

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

didn't nod to one of the maggies on the way to work today and he started sqwarking as i went past so i turned around and gave him a nod and he went quiet. the universe is at peace again.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

The_Continental posted:

Some of the bar staff have their smoking area out behind the kitchen and started leaving treats for the crows because according to reddit they will bring you gifts. Now I've got a family of loving crows out the back who try to steal my bread order at 4:30 AM.

ya crows and magpies both remember people and can be pretty social when they're comfortable. never had gifts but they don't mind hanging out with me when I'm in the yard it's good company.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

oof be nice to blow yall i think he is aware of the the errors of his past ways.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

ili posted:

Counterpoint - he's not and his continued freedom to multipost while NVJ is permad because some seppo halfwits don't like his beturbaned countenance is an ongoing injustice of the highest order.

fair, administration decisions on this site are hosed and inconsistent if you upset the wrong seppo or they like you the pendulum swings away from justice. #freenvj

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

jesus gently caress went down to car wash to clean all the orange poo poo off it and it was really hot and sticky out. went to the tobacconist right after and when i got home 45m later streets are flooded and there's a massive downpour and no visibility at all. hope everyone in canberra stays safe from the fires.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

the scary part to me is how the weather has just been changing so fast from hour to hour, even being from melbourne it feels more hosed than it has before.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

turbans are style as gently caress. my nan had some cool ones she got when she had breast cancer, be proud.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It’s actually apparently illegal to literally eat anything while driving but I reckon you got a way better chance being pulled over for eating a pie than a sauasage roll or burger

wow i had no idea, never thought about it since i used to see people eating bowls of cereal in their cars on the monash freeway every morning at one joint i had to drive to work for way back when.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

on that note an old friend of mine pissed into an empty bottle while going 100 doing sydney to canberra drive once cause he refused to pull over even when i begged him to for my own sake. somehow he didn't spill it but it was insanely dangerous and stupid. never got in the car with him after that fucken nightmare.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

in the 90s and early 2000s it was constantly used as a slur in my area and although i don't hear it used much these days still my first association is racist remark when i do hear it.

roadside pissing is one i am always paranoid cops gonna grab me for someday. my weak rear end bladder has me peeing every 90 mins or so and after a scary middle of nowhere servo bathroom experience a decade+ ago i feel safer peeing on the side of the road rather than stopping at a servo. atleast it forces me to take breaks when i am long distance driving so there's that.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

skirts and dresses are easymode but the leggings ARE pants crusade never ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Isaac posted:

its a credit to the thread that even with the dramas that have gone down it never got so spicy in here that it needed an IK.

i love the fact this thread in particular has good enough vibes most of the nasty cunts stay well clear or bail out. yall are amazing.