Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can we get a thread title with a little more oomph please

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lolie posted:

I start chemo on Thursday. It's now the official job of this thread to entertain me during two days of chemo each fortnight for the next few months.

I got u

https://youtu.be/cDeHI3fOlzo

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bloody blue mountains keeping the rain out of sydney. knock em down i say

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the gently caress else is camera meant to be pronounced the er is right there

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those are cool, i love the burned grass tree with bugs one

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah we good

BurgerQuest fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 9, 2020

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Exhale into a rag? No one will give a poo poo you're smoking, some may take offense to the smell.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A woman critically injured in a car fire in Brisbane has died in hospital. Her husband and three young children also died in the incident.

:(

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think the police have released any further information about the circumstances, so the media doesn't have anything further to report.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm glad that's hidden behind a paywall whatever it is.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jestery posted:

I definitely see general "genres" of kids in my work. And there is a definite a group of kids who have disengaged with a syllabus nearly entirely. I wonder if there is value in trying to create special in school programs to try and re-engage them rather than writing them off as ratbag students

Like can it be done? I dunno

I'm pretty sure there are more and more radical high schools opening and having success, but also I think there needs to be more recognition that sometimes kids just aren't in the right place at the right time when it comes to school and uni and need other options or to be supported without stigma into moving out into the workforce.

Personally I never completed high school after completely doing my head with stress and anxiety about achieving results. It only took a year out of school and working with my hands to realise their were plenty of rewarding ways to grow in the world that had nothing to do with your ATAR results. Since that realisation I stopped regretting high school and have enjoyed pretty much every aspect of my working life ever since.

I know programs involving TAFE etc exist but I don't remember ever being presented this as an option. I was just a bad depressed loser student even though I'd achieved very well until year 10.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lotta loving

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jestery posted:

This is your brain on NVJ

i would eat this twisty

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bell jar posted:

i miss the days where cabs weren't allowed to turn you down based on where you were going

lol when you're trying to get an uber out of the airport and you miss 6 calls from your assigned driver who wants to know where you're going then tries to convince you he's so sorry but he's 20 mins away and could you please cancel in the app. gently caress off buddy you cancel it.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What do you lot use for a plex server?

for sharing with friends over the internet - old/new pc with as many CPU cores as possible for transcoding
for just your TV at home only - a NAS should do ok. ish.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McSpergin posted:

Some other goon (not sure who but they're on the discord) is kindly donating 2 TV's that they have handy

tis me, i'm around tomorrow arvo weeknight evenings. will send some more pics on discord later

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

the xbox VLC app is fine, does what I want, and isn't complete poo poo. Unclear why I should pick the shittier app that is harder to use. Imagine thinking usability and ease of interface wasn't important in 2020 jfc

Do you want some help or just wanting to vent your spleen? PM me if the former. I've got 11 largely tech illiterate friends and family accessing my Plex over the internet, one of them is even doing it from a loving PS3.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

nah just venting, was looking for an out of the box solution and kind of annoyed that plex was jankier than it was sold as itt. I'm genuinely unclear what I'm doing wrong but it just wasn't picking up my network from the xbox. VLC did and works fine so I'm using it instead.

If anyone is actually bored enough to troubleshoot me on plex go ahead, but laserface and fat dad are just being cunts about it so not them thank you. My brother in law has an invite to a massive server full of grognardy poo poo so he's determined to figure it out eventually so I probably wouldn't waste your time. I also kind of just hate that it runs in a browser on your PC instead of as something I can actively background

I'll send you a PM in a bit, just heading to the office. I'm sure it's something simple if you're logged into the same Plex account on your server and xbox and the Xbox isn't showing the library.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Malcolm Plexbeug

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A series of tubes

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
5.1 is a scam anyway the human ear can't tell the difference from stereo cause you only have a left and a right ear which is 2. Therefore 2 speakers is the way god intended and anything else is haram.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The home audio thread is in the gadgets forum fyi. This thread is for bad opinions though so carry on

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
surround sound is for boomers

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't forget a smart power plug so you can turn it on and off from your phone

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That biker just wanted your sweet tvs. And yes getting up at 815 is sick and and I usually work 10-630pm days. Sydney loving sucks for traffic so I find most places are more like this these days.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They all suck.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ethernet over Power works good too. Throughput might might me lower than wifi but at least latency is stable.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NPR Journalizard posted:

EoP is some sort of wizardry, but sucks if you are in an old house with lovely cabling.

True but most places let you return them if they don't work. I got a pair open box from mwave and it's been great but our wiring here is pretty new and simple (done in the last 15 years). They hit about 250Mbps for me which is fine for the gaming PC. Went from like 10-150msec latency on the wifi to consistent 5ms on the EoP.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If the 4G unit has an Ethernet port yes no problem to get a wireless bridge. If not you should look at repeaters or routers that can be a wifi router and access point at the same time.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Don’t loving say it’s like digging an infinite number of holes, I know it’s mathematically true but no one who has dug both would ever say that with a straight face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zKNIveuCxM

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've got a ruckus zoneflex p300 doing my home wifi, it's pretty good works about 150m down the street. gently caress my neighbours wifi.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2 rolls here. Gonna be desperate come Turdsday.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

adaptor for an airline

My confidence in air travel reaches new lows

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I moved my 11th March LAX flights to September. Missing a wedding in the US but each day brings more restrictions and bad news so glad I'm staying put.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dismantling bike parts en masse... something something meth...

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The chats are starting now

the 10 mins i caught in the car were good as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lolie posted:

Gonna be a whole lot of video calling happening.

My webcam has been broken for 10 years now, such a shame.