Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

McSpergin posted:

I bought some sauerkraut with the intent to use the liquid for a backslop into some fermented ketchup but big dumb dumb here forgot to check if it's been pasteurized.

Looks like there's gonna be a trip to woolies on the way home to get the one I know is unpasteurized

On the plus side I had a v good steak for dinner, seared on a ripping hot cast iron.

Will probably need to set up an outdoor cooking setup with the portable gas stove cos man it smoked out my kitchen

I cook mine with a lid on the frypan, and the kichen exhaust fan turned on of course. Otherwise my whole flat starts to smell of cooking food fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I doubt many Aussie guys would want to rot in Pell, or be in Pell at all, especially since Pell might enjoy it.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 9, 2020

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Rage is showing a whole bunch of clips right now by The Stranglers, to around 2:20AM AEST.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The reason for the The Stranglers clips :\
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/stranglers-dave-greenfield-dead-993682

Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk also died recently (cancer),, so Rage also showed a bunch of Kraftwerk clips tonight, which I missed, oh well.

Some of the clips by both bands will be repeated ~6-7AM (very) late Saturday night, and 1:30 to 2:40AM late Sunday night. (All times AEST).

Sad to see two great musicians go.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Isaac posted:

Is the stanglers the golden brown song

Yes, The Stranglers recorded Golden Brown, and many other catchy numbers, about none of which made it to the Australian charts except Golden Brown, from memory.

Hugh Cornwell stated, "'Golden Brown' works on two levels. It's about heroin and also about a girl. Essentially the lyrics describe how "both provided me with pleasurable times."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Brown

(Which surprised me, I thought the song was just about opium use before reading that.)

The Stranglers early albums were New Wave, a label/category used back then for later,more complex/ better-played punk. They got arty after two or three albums, but arty in a mostly good way. Later albums, as with most bands, started getting pretty ordinary, til they got their old gutsy sound back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJQHnmyV4vk

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

It was very funny when Austen Tayshus hosed the Big Sheep in a video of his (decades ago now, probably the 80's).

Or did he gently caress the small sheep next to the Big Sheep... memory fades.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip: Chris Bailey of seminal Aussie protopunk band The Saints.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-11/the-saints-chris-bailey-dies/100981356

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Rage tonight (Friday night), for the first few hours, is an old episode presented by Chris Bailey of The Saints. (He died only a few days ago, :rip:). A number of clips by The Saints and lots of other good stuff chosen by Chris.

Saturday night Rage doesn't look bad either (though only three tracks by The Saints, at ~4:45AM Monday morning).

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Turpitude II posted:

that's helpful, thank you. honestly, i don't think they would be sceptical, i just have the kind of brain that makes it difficult to do something if i don't know exactly what i need to do and what's going to happen and am perpetually kicking the can down the road due to it. also i'm afraid there's going to be some problem during because of me and i won't know what to do and i'll be embarrassed and they'll turn me down. logically, i know it'll probably be fine, but...

goddamn. this is the kind of thing getting the proper weed would actually help with :v:

Paranoia is a common symptom of chronic cannabis use, just sayin'.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Jestery posted:

I thought Nord was doing some shady poo poo and wasn't the darling anymore?

I've been using them for years, and am pleased, except for their support' staff's apparent complete inability to make NordVPN work on 32-bit Windows any more (like it's supposed to).

One of their servers was compromised in 2018, apparently without actual user issues. I presume they'd be very motivated to avoid a repeat.

No reported hacks since then, apparently. Except for some accounts being logged into in 2019 using logon details some idiot users had used for multiple websites, which were stolen from a third party website, not from Nord.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NordVPN#Criticism

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Stoner Sloth posted:

A friend of mine passed away on Tuesday from COVID, he was only 48.

:rip:

Unrelated, morning TV multi-hour news just ran a story about goats being used currently (trial runs) to cull grass in two different public parks, because they're better environmentally than lawnmowers (not counting the poo poo and goat farts, I guess).

Calling it now: People will very soon steal both goats to sell or eat.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

well why not posted:

official un-questionable australian capital city rankings

A Tier: Adelaide
B Tier: Brisbane
C Tier: Canberra
S Tier: Sydney

A+ Tier: Melbourne

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Minera posted:

well gently caress a big piece of concrete that makes up half a window awning just fell off the front of our house today. fully expecting this to be some five figure poo poo show when a tradie tells us the same thing will happen to all the rest of the house due to some shoddy rear end construction when they built it, unless we replace it now.

Concrete sounds way too heavy to use for a window awning... at least one that won't fall off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Pro-click btw, the article also provides stats on some other Christmas injuries including Christmas-tree related ones and those due to children falling off Santa's lap.