Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I have a stupid Australiana type question.

What would the modern equivalent to TISM be? Is there one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I just want everybody to know that I was just sold a ladder by a Max Radman

An actual name that exists

Well I bought one of these from his brother Min.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

DumbparameciuM posted:

What the gently caress is a video game???

Tetris, or Pac Man.

All else is unimportant.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

When I was little Kamahl came round to our house for dinner.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This new ObiWan show doesn't look like it has any Ewoks. Therefore it is hot garbage.

Caravan of Courage has the most Ewoks, thus making it the best, and only Star Wars film worth watching.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

He really is a fundie bigoted ideologue.

There is no public outcry for religious schools to be legally able to sack LGBT teachers/students. In fact during a time of national emergency when people have lost homes to unprecedented flooding, people have other things on their mind.

Yet this is what Scott Morrisson chooses to try and push through. This is what he cares about. Not families knee deep in their own filth, not communities ravaged by a natural disaster. But maybe a rich Christian principal might be offended by a lesbian geography teacher, so should be legally able to sack her.

gently caress the Liberals. Not least for their homophobia and bigotry. But also for the fact that they hold so dear to it, against the mood of literally everyone else in the world.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

My first CD purchase was the first Spice Girls album.

Oh, Ginger Spice, you minx :3:

When I was a younger fella I liked Sporty the best.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The best thing about the Ben Roberts-Smith stuff is that most of this stuff would never have come out if HE didn't bring the lawsuit against the age himself..

Turns out a reputed media agency did it's research and had evidence for it's claims, but not only that, people were lining up to give evidence against him and document his war crimes.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Re: Ella Hooper.

I was once at a ResHeads gig at the Punters Club in Fitzroy many many many years ago. I think there were maybe 15-20 people in the audience.

Ella Hooper, (from Killing Heidi), was one of them. She was drunk and dancing sillily. I didn't talk to her, because I am a shy dork who is scared of pretty ladies, and was much more so back then in my very early 20s.

That's my Ella Hooper story. And I agree she is, and was, very pretty.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Ranter posted:

I stan the Donna's

No milkshake ducks plz, aunty Donna kth

Merry Christmas cunts

Broden is an MCC member.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Knives Out 1 - No ex professional wrestlers.
Knives Out 2 - Batista.

It's simple maths. Knives Out 2 is clearly the superior film. (I haven't seen it yet.)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I blame the fact that Collingwood won the premiership.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Humphreys posted:

In Korea there is a concept by LG simply called 'The Door' that has your own personal Parcel Locker, and bonus refrigerated and heated compartments for food delivery people. Plus an actual front door.

I have 2 adjacent stories.

When I lived in Korea, once I got a phone call from the post office, saying that they tried to deliver a package but I wasn't home so they just left it at the local convenience store. This was in the suburbs, so after checking the 3 that were within a 4 block radius of my house, I found it in a pile of other peoples packages in the corner of the store, and walked away with it without having to show any ID or anything to the clerk. After that I made a point to check that Convenience store every day coming home from the bus stop.

And when I was living in Namhae, (a small village about 4 1/2 hours bus ride away from Seoul), I was walking home from work and the postman flagged me down in the street and gave me a parcel. I had never met this postman before. Apparently I was the only foreigner that lived on that side of the village. There wasn't even a "sorry we missed you" card on my door when I got home. So I dunno what they would have done if he didn't randomly come across me in the street.

An unrelated story that has a tiny bit of Australiana. Another time I was waiting in line for my steamed dumplings at the stall by the train station. A woman who was also waiting complimented me on how good my Korean was. When she found out I was Australian, she told me of her trip to Sydney. And her two complaints were that Soju was too expensive, and the hotel she stayed at didn't offer kimchi with her complimentary breakfast.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I like that sbs has a drama series about ww2 amry wives joining the womens land army but because its sbs the wives are all loving each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO5odt0Blm8

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The only good video game is Tetris.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

35 is middle age

Im 35 next year :gbsmith:

I spent my 35th birthday at a strip club in Frankfurt, Germany.

Fun times.

That happened about 10 years ago *sigh*

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

ili posted:

Yeah it's hosed up hey. Especially for those young and unlucky enough to have been raised online. There's so much seppo bullshit crammed into every corner of the internet and all of the media, it's pretty hard to escape.

On this:

I will call it Aluminium until the day I die. :colbert:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A little while back I had to explain to a class of Japanese 12 year olds, (and also my co-teacher), the difference between an icy pole

and a zooper dooper

And as a bonus, I told them about Barney Bananas, and Bubble O Bills

They were pretty impressed at the majesty of Australian confectionery.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I'm surprised about the lack of Barney Banana knowledge.

I loved them as a kid. (Banana ice cream on a stick)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

And get off our lawn!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

i have border patrol on for noise and some guy got caught trying to take a zinger burger through in his carry on

Why? And from where? Was he flying into Australia from Kentucky, and missed his local fried chicken?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jabor posted:

if the existence of halloween stops christmas stuff from infesting coles for another couple of weeks then i can accept it

This is not a popular opinion.

But I like the fruit mince pies that you get at the supermarket during christmas time. I liked buying a couple of extra boxes, and eating them as a treat in January/February as a treat.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A way I have avoided Jury Duty is to have an "ethnic" sounding last name, and actual brown skinned relatives. And I have never been called up, but if I am I am assuming they will take one look at me and say no.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

KTS posted:

Generally through office supply places for those little portion packets of biscuits rather than supermarkets.

Forgive the stupid question.

But are Nice biscuits pronounced the same as the French city, or the same as the synonym for "good"?

I would like, if possible, to get the official corporate approved answer.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I have a similar problem where I decided to become a st George fan in 1995 BC I thought the jersey was cool and I wanted one

I jumped on the Hawthorn bandwagon in '89

And despite the fact that we are a currently a little bis poo poo, young me chose well.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Laserface posted:

Hearing reports that captain feathersword is accused of stolen Valor.

Good. gently caress him.

So long as Dorothy remains good and pure, all is right with the world.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Bargearse posted:

saw TISM in Frankston the other night

was awesome

Yay for TISM

YAY for Frankston!

To keep it Frankston related, I posted off my vote on Monday because the local MP died recently. My dad met her back when she was doing her "meet the public" thing at a local coffee shop. He said she was nice. And who the gently caress are you to disagree with my dad eh?

Edit: To keep it TISM related. I will have to go to the post office later today to pick up a "Saturday Night Palsy" T shirt I ordered off the internet because they tried to deliver it whilst I am at work now. (just got the Aus Post email)

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 28, 2024

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Re: the spy.

Surely it is George Christenson.

The police knew what he was doing as he bar hopped around the red light districts of Manila. They also have previously expressed that what he was doing was a security risk, He has a foreign childbride wife.

A queenslander too.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Laserface posted:

I just mean any time someone tells you your idea has obvious holes you get defensive about it. Bike paths is a good example.

Gang of youths haven't been in vogue for a while now. I've seen them live and I would not pay money to see their underwhelming show as part of a festival. They're the kind of band that if seen on a lineup most ppl would actually go "why?"

Cost of living and bands charging huge performance fees to recoup on lower record sales and less margin on merch (venues take a cut, yes, the festivals are and they're among the worst) and cops demanding the festival pay to have them there to gently caress over punters are reasons why. No one can really afford $350 for a ticket to see 5 artists you like over 2 days and there still might be a schedule clash somewhere in there.

Artists absolutely have a right to good money for performances btw. I'm not arguing against that. Stuffing a bill with international headliners is sick until someone has to buy a ticket.

Support your local music scene. It's cheap as hell, the bands are usually fantastic and you get to brag that you saw them play to three people on a Wednesday when they start headlining festivals you can't afford in a few years time.

Bucky is
1)insane
2)insanely dense, and unable to understand the context/real world implications of whatever insane thing he is on about
3)thin skinned and defensive whenever somebody, usually somebody with acyual experience/expertise) points out the hows and whys that his ill thought through idea will fail

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

If you think Jamie Oliver is a bit pretentious, you should see his French Counterpart: Jami Olivier

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

On Olympic Chat:

Melbourne was still paying of '56 when I was in High School.

(I graduated in 1994)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Bought Dad an AFL easter egg that comes with a season ladder. I’m gonna save him some time and super glue North Melbourne to the loving bottom.

Why would they be taking West Coast's place?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

bee posted:

Congrats and enjoy your day with your lover!!

and your wife.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

If the maid of honour gives you the eyebrows, don't take up her offer

Reverse this advice if the maid of honour gives you HER eyebrows. It's a nice gesture, and she wants you to look your best on your big day.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

fun fact

the inside of a creme egg is man creme

What is the difference between man creme and man cream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Cause you can't put "scented piss" on the side

Why can't you? Its politicalcorrectness gone mad I tell you.