Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I used my amazon prime free trial for picard on amazon video

is there literally anything else worth a drat on it

i don't know how to pirate live action shows anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

that'll do, thanks!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Okay, I'm done with boxed port, that poo poo doesn't even seem to get me drunk anymore but skips straight to the hangover

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Laserface posted:

A bloke in the aussie fungi ID group on Facebook ate what he thought was oyster mushroom and it turned out to be the bioluminescent mushrooms that also make you violently spew.

That would've been an interesting cleanup.

Did it recharge his batteries?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I know SA is supposed to be the weird redneck backwater and my upbringing was definitely surreal but you populated state fuckers are sure looking kinda crazy right now

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Third ambulance I've seen go past with lights going, wtf is going on in the hills

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

michael cusak's work is unaltered documentary footage

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

my best belt is one I got from a booth at the adelaide show with a Bullet Bill clip, but I got too fat to use it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Instead of schoolies I went on a road trip across the country with my dad

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Infinitum posted:

If you want a modern Kath & Kim watch YOLO Crystal Fantasy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4V2dLD1u2g

Pretty good take on bogans

Are these people even bogans, it's literally just the suburbs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This whole country turned into bogans so gradually I didn't even notice

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Feels like it's always been a thing that fish and chip shops will load you down with absurd amount of chips, but compared to fast food and restaurant ones they become inedible the instant they cool off

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Caesar Saladin posted:

Vice articles are so constantly so bad. They always make a way to inflect back on the personality of the writer no matter what they are writing, like they just want to talk about themselves but are begrudgingly forced to talk about whatever topic the article is supposed to be about.

"Here's an article about a shaman in south america, but let me talk about the psychadelics I did while at a party in college and the one time i had sex on acid." I made that up but it feels like it exists.

All modern journalism is trust fund failchildren pretending to work

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's hard to really internalise that you grew up in total bumfuck nowhere because to you it was just normal

I remember openly praying that the reception would be good enough to tape Pokemon episodes in watchable quality

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I realised I let my bike get stolen last week, grog shop was closed so I bought tim tams on sale instead

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I don't get people complaining about a million mario games when there's like 1 on average, 2 maximum of a mainline Nintendo series per console, while other series have literal yearly instalments that are basically cosmetic mods of each other

unless you get the people who think a 3D platformer, a 2D platformer, a racing game and a RPG are all exactly the same because they have the same characters, while shooters become completely different depending on how many glowy bits are on the gun

There was an old image about this I can't find

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nam Taf posted:

On the other hand my original beige brick gameboy that I got in the mid 90s when I was about 10 years old still works so maybe it's just your brother.

The Game Boy is still a marvel of technology and design, though having external batteries probably also helps.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Makes a lot of sense if you look at the Game Boy's design, especially the transparent models. It's a lot bigger than it really needs to be, all that empty space probably absorbs impacts much better than modern designs that are as small as possible. The Game Boy was designed specifically as a children's toy after all, and an even younger demographic than the NES.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Didn't know they did an Australian version of friends

I loosely remember Heartbreak High having the same song for the intro

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

NVJ played the lint monster on Round The Twist

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

Shower-laying in the bath, hoping you don't drown in vomit because you're a weak oval office and can't handle your grog

totally not me

Shower minor vomit because you're not sure exactly how hungover you are and figure you might as well hedge your bets

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Speaking of getting away from the noise, wondering where I could do a super cheap rear end camping holiday on my own somewhere in SA in the middle of nowhere (I grew up like three middle of nowheres in, so I'm used to that) with a nice beach and little chance of meeting anyone I know. But preferably still with a supermarket. Port Germein is tempting.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Out in the country we had a gigantic heavy duty lawnmower, I went a little mad with power and mowed an entire shrub.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Should I just consider Adelaide and SA in general to be bizarro world as Australia goes or what

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think you've mentioned before and I can't say you're in the slightest bit wrong, especially about the black people gettin murdered

still there's some nice beaches no one else has heard about in the arse end of nowhere and with cheap accommodation that I vaguely remember going to once and I like the idea of going to without my mum

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

well why not posted:

just crash your base model subaru outback into the reception hall of the nearest medical facility and start screaming for a Dr. Frasier Crane

This is something Kelsey Grammer would do

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I feel like we need some new terminology for how many recursive bizarro worlds we're in

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

We am living in a bizarro world
And me am a bizarro girl

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I found the worst psychiatrists office in the world today. It's in Logan.

I have to give them props for effort. And possibly trying to make sure they have repeat business.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Regional South Australia again seems like a strong contender here, but I'm not sure there's any winners there. Unless you really, really, REALLY like fishing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That's a good plan. But I'm not talking the hills or even Barossa, I'm talking REGIONAL

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I really want to tell a politician to go to Ceduna and try to stay sober for a week

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ErKeL posted:

Halloween earlier in the year would be pretty good.

She's way too close to Christmas.

Steal Summerween from Gravity Falls

Lolie posted:

In the US it's a lot more than kids just knocking on doors wanting lollies, though.

It's an excuse to dress up in costumes and throw parties, watch scary movies and decorate your place, what's not to like? It's got something for everyone. People whining about it being American are the biggest loving sooks. (and it's not even American!)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I too remember when American troops bombed Nando's and forced our women into slutty superhero costumes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

contracting out my own drug testing so I'm never tempted to neck 10 pingers and beat angry andersons son to death because i felt possessed by demons

Is this the final boss of Australia

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Angry Anderson's mirror universe counterpart, Happy Henderson

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And now I'm getting fond memories of making gigantic marble runs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

My ancestors fought evil robots alongside the samurai

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Infinitum posted:

Just dig a moat around Melbourne and raise the draw bridges.

There's a Bane joke here especially given the Batman thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I always got along better with cats, but then I was pretty much raised by them.