Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

This some sorta soft reboot where they get rid of the sequel numbers and half pretend the middle ones never happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

The_Continental posted:

I hope that's not the case. The amount of mental gymnastics it takes to conclude that drag queens are somehow responsible for this is pretty wild.

*gets popcorn*

it took like 2 seconds I guess they had their stretches done:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/drag-queen-protest-has-tragic-fallout/news-story/e32fba37f6341b2ff48c5122704f6016

bonus to the news.com.au article for not mentioning once that he suicided (while slyly indicating that his death was directly linked to his bullshit at the library) yet having the gall to link beyondblue at the bottom:

https://www.news.com.au/national/qu...2370ae1721b96b4

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Isaac posted:

Lets all get affiliate station mascot avatars

anyone else remember Mr Doo Bee

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

queef anxiety posted:

fair enough thats a bit how ya goin at least keep to the dog walking trails

"[O]n the facts accepted by the prosecution and the Magistrate, the offending could only be described as minor. The use of a locked [public] toilet to masturbate is bizarre and socially unacceptable but not an offence."

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

riding a bike drunk is in fact illegal. Bikes are vehicles, and it's illegal to ride vehicles drunk.

Fun fact: same with horses.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

speaking of trams someone got hit by the Adelaide tram this morning round Marion Road. Serious head injury I heard.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

perfect in every way

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I stand at the bakery section at Drakes, before the choice of vegemite or spinach and feta scrolls. My hand hesitates briefly over the spinach and feta. Peter Dutton's corpulent, disembodied head hovers ominously over my shoulder. He revokes my citizenship and hands it personally to a French au pair. I am force-fed spinach and feta on Nauru until I declare myself officially stateless.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

i also assumed that garbage in Melbourne was LushSux

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

jesus christ what a oval office

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I used my amazon prime free trial for picard on amazon video

is there literally anything else worth a drat on it

i don't know how to pirate live action shows anymore

it's got the Expanse season 4 so... watch the rest of that on Netflix and then watch that

The boys and the tick are also worth a look for different reasons.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

ili posted:

Because catnip is meant for cats in the same way that pigs ears are meant for dogs and meth is meant for alcoholic losers. It's just a perfect match unlike giving a rat pingas. How do you even get them up his clacker anyway.

with a finger and some vaseline, just like everyone else

btw do jury duty it sounds super interesting I'm jealous I'm barred

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Dark twisted fantasy is certainly the best album of the 2010s.

I still reckon Random Access Memories was probably up there for best album of 2013, easily in the top 10 for the decade.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

McSpergin posted:

Got side swiped on the way to work, long story short was at the beacon hill road and Warringah road intersection. Me going straight, police had shut the turning lane but not had it coned off so people were still pulling in.

Basically I changed from left lane to centre lane, and within a second or two of that a bloke pulled out of the right lane into the rear passenger door of my car. The timing was so that he'd looked, and as he went to change lanes I'd changed lanes.

Who would you think is at fault here? Imo he's completely at fault because I'd changed lane where there was space but according to his insurer, we're both at fault.

Draw us a diagram, wordy descriptions don't often get the full picture. That said it sounds like a collision that happened with me a couple of years back, and insurance agreed it was all the other car's fault.

If you're in a lane and they merge into you, that's it - they're at fault. It's pretty simple really, even if there's the whole "oh he looked then looked back and blah blah blah" he didn't look well enough and he merged into another car. Unless you both met somewhere in the middle of the lane because you both merged at the same time. 'swhy I'd want to see a diagram.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

iRend posted:

Attorney (255311BR)    ST LEONARDS, Australia

what kind of work do you do that's hiring an in-house attorney

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

one day we'll all be dead and the long-distant inhabitants of AusGBS 16.8 will be faithfully chanting to an NVJ they've never known, praying that he comes back to assistant-manage the Mirboo North RSL tuck shop

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

[edit]
^^^

BurgerQuest posted:

A woman critically injured in a car fire in Brisbane has died in hospital. Her husband and three young children also died in the incident.

:(

the news articles reporting on this have been suspiciously quiet about the specifics of what happened. The only meaningful information I've seen is witness reports that she escaped from the car yelling "he's thrown petrol on me" at 8:30am this morning.

I'm pessimistic that it sounds like the worst murder-suicide I've ever heard of.

[edit2]
Looking up up now, yep confirmed.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 19, 2020

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Read earlier on the ABC that some 4 ambulances and 30 first responders showed up, all of whom have been stood down for debriefing to deal with the trauma.

What a oval office.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

BurgerQuest posted:

I don't think the police have released any further information about the circumstances, so the media doesn't have anything further to report.

hasn't stopped the Australian from making the obvious connections: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/three-children-dead-in-car-fire-in-brisbanes-camp-hill/news-story/4ba3fac3b380a1ea32995f5f13b5967f

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

sorry, I got a notice about it being a subscriber article but it showed me anyway, figured it was lying. Here, steal from one of the worst papers in the country:

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

this is ghoulish, sorry you get the picture.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

huh... my mate's episode of The Chase is on tv again. I didn't know they repeated them. I feel like he should be getting a residual cheque.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

F posted:

Was that the dude who can now buy a hairbrush with his share of the winnings?

it was recorded in like 2016 and first broadcast in 2018 so I think he's got one by now. Would have thought the studio would do it though, cheap bastards.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Tokamak posted:

red hot is a shameful hot sauce

is what a cursed person would say

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

redhot is good for everything

it's just spicy vinegar

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

that sensible chuckle magazine sold for like $15k at auction last year

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Lolie posted:

Do they pay you?

there's no pay but it's great exposure

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Actually now that I think about it that hypothetical Disney movie is definitely crazy racist

you're just saying that because the monkeys would definitely have 'urban' black affectations

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Litoria Rubrum in its natural habitat.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

also I drew a picture of Paul Heywood-Smith QC while staring at him the other day and in principle this is the most I've ever been paid while producing art

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Why does the word weeb upset people? (using the term people loosely)

it gets me because one day I just woke up and the word 'weeaboo' had been broadly appropriated to replace 'Wapanese', a perfectly fine extant term for Japanophiles, which is a shame because it then retrospectively recontextualised one of the best comics ever written for the internet.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It was a wordfilter on 4chan.

imagine if "gently caress" had overtaken "gently caress" in general internet parlance. Except instead of "gently caress", it was a word specifically formulated by a clever artist to be meaningless, then injected with meaning by the internet. And this all happened one day without you noticing. This is why I hate the word "weeb".

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

all the toilet paper at my local coles and woolies are sold out, people are sooooo stupid

oh sorry that was me

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

what's chatswood like?

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

yeah legit do people not know you can just take toilet paper from:

1) work
2) shops
3) public parks

it's like right there ya drongos, it's meant to be taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I feel like if the dogs start whimpering and pulling their handlers away from one specific person on the train you might draw some attention of a different kind, and I bet loving with those dogs attracts similar penalties to loving with the police (neckstomped to death).

Got word through the grapevine my work is toying with making us work from home. Gonna be some chaos if so, let me tell you. I've got a small pack of tp aside but it's actually got me thinking about picking up some more.