Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

A lot of people have been apologizing to me lately, I can’t say I really understand why. They apologize, give speeches, and speak words. Why is everyone apologizing? Why do they care if they hurt me or people? Do they want to feel better? Why am I supposed to absolve people of their regret?

Does this happen to everyone else? Do people constantly apologize to you? Are you Canadian? What does it mean to be ‘sorry’ in 2020... Please share your experiences and guilt. What do apologies mean to you. This is a thread to consider the concept of an apology. ‘sorry not sorry’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

type 111 if you think taco bell should bring back the double decker taco

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Sorry, I didn’t get that order

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Sorry that everyone you know will die

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

are you sorry? I’m relieved. Have you been on earth... imagine if you couldn’t leave. Big woof

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
i'm canadian and i will never apologise

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

R.L. Stine posted:

i'm canadian and i will never apologise

bold choice. can you expand on this? Why won't you. What does it mean to you to not apologize.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
For me my piercingaura makes people fearful of my wraith for not meeting whatever expectations they think I have for them.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

hell astro course posted:

bold choice. can you expand on this? Why won't you. What does it mean to you to not apologize.

i'm just sick of all the s**t OP. as a matter of principle i will no longer say the "sorry" word to show the world canadians can "Stand On Guard For Thee" and get rude with the best of them. apologising is for the birds.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They want you to consent by accepting an apology.

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014
In theory an apology is an acknowledgement that you know you did wrong and will work to make amends and prevent it from happening again.

In reality it means that you got caught and you wish you hadn't, and while you don't regret what you did and will probably do it again, you wish the other party wasn't being such a bitch about it.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
sorry you feel that way op, but it sounds like you got a lot of growing to do.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

(Bring back the Bell Beefer)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Its a god drat crime

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

givepatajob posted:

(Bring back the Bell Beefer)

They are cowards until they do so.

Cowards!!!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

what is the best apology? is apology possible? Is it possible to say "sorry"? what does it mean

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
i'm sorry op :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

hell astro course posted:

what is the best apology? is apology possible? Is it possible to say "sorry"? what does it mean

There has to be a "look" when they say it. A little eyebrow tilt. Kinda hard to describe tbh. Some people are good at faking it so be careful

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Im sorry im not gay enough

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

There has to be a "look" when they say it. A little eyebrow tilt. Kinda hard to describe tbh. Some people are good at faking it so be careful

drat. I'm feeling it big time. I already forgive you.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm sorry that you feel that way :smug: :smug: :smug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I will carry the burden of your disagreement with stoicism and endurance.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I apologize to any goons especially girl goons that I offended the night I was shitfaced out of my mind. Serious here. I'm sorry.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm sorry about the, y'know I was wondering, I was wondering if you could keep on, cause the force, the force it's got a lotta power and it makes me wanna.. it makes me wanna

WOOOO!!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I find it is a good policy to apologize a lot

perhaps even an amount incommensurate to how often I gently caress up

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I say sorry in real life all the time because I know dealing with me is a trying experience and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

On the internet though? :dealwithit:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I sint apologixjng for poo poo gently caress yall

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Empty Sandwich posted:

I find it is a good policy to apologize a lot

perhaps even an amount incommensurate to how often I gently caress up

Not a good policy though, the more you apologize the more people think you are a total fuckup. Just barrel ahead and crush the belligerents thru sheer willpower, it's the only way

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

sorry about your posting, op

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

woah

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

some day i shall be borne before an everlasting Judge to account for my posting crimes but this is not that day

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I'm sorry that you were offended

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am sorry for not posting more, because every single one of my posts is so good

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i understand my behavior hurt you, but im not gonna apologize for living my best life

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

i'm sorry mrs jackson

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Earnest Post: I wanted to align who I am IRL with my posting persona on SA which sucked.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Every probe was earned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I don't owe you anything.