Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

Crossballs: The Debate Show is a Comedy Central television show which poked fun at cable news networks' political debate shows, especially CNN's Crossfire and MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews. In each episode, comedians posing as experts on a particular subject would debate two real commentators. The true experts were unaware that the show was a sham. Topics ranged from reality television to religion to violence in video games.

It debuted on July 6, 2004 and ran for eight weeks. It aired Tuesday-Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET. The twenty-third and final episode aired on August 25, 2004. Show number 24 ("Pistol Whipped America") was taped but never aired, after one unsuspecting guest named James March threatened to sue Comedy Central.

Anyone else ever watch this show? Interesting look at politics circa 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Qp1ddvvlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdzaLSShbTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eemww_rMM3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GldAawal2oI

A weird time capsule from its time. I recall watching it when it was on and it blows me mind that was 16 years ago. Oh my god that was sixteen years ago.

Pick fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The bit about cell phones is particularly nuts because it went further in real life than the fake "crazy" lady in favor of them. :o:

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

i found jon_stewart_on_crossfire.wmv on an old hard drive and wept a single tear for what was

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

i found jon_stewart_on_crossfire.wmv on an old hard drive and wept a single tear for what was

man is jon stewart even relevant any more

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pick posted:

He was until he retired

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Convex posted:

He was until he retired

was that like... frick, six years ago now? can't even guess

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Good job retiring before the 2016s, jon. :suicide:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hahaha nearly forgot about crossballs. :v:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i have never heard of crossballs before, gettin' some good laughs here

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I vaguely remember this show, although I originally got it mixed up with The Root of All Evil.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

In the meantime Tucker Carlson literally dictates Presidential policy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Some say Hors d'ouerves I say give me whore dwarves!!!

I still remember that line from back when it aired. Its the only thing I remember in fact

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Laterite posted:

LOL

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Laterite posted:

Yeah, well, that's just how things turned out, some of these episodes are almost quaint for that reason

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think about the drug addiction episode of Crossballs on a near-daily basis, despite not watching the show in years. Specifically Jerry Minor pretending to huff paint during a commercial break.

Apparently they got the real guests to come on by saying it was going to be on a Viacom channel, and never mentioning Comedy Central.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

What’s Greg Proops up to these days, anyways?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pick I will not do as you asked

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SportsDome was the better show that died prematurely

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

1redflag posted:

What’s Greg Proops up to these days, anyways?

He has a podcast nobody listens to where he whines about Bernie Bros

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I really hate this kind of stuff, and when Matt Besser continues to do this stuff on his podcast it feels very exploitative, even when the people they are pranking are some of the worst people in the world.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GoutPatrol posted:

I really hate this kind of stuff, and when Matt Besser continues to do this stuff on his podcast it feels very exploitative, even when the people they are pranking are some of the worst people in the world.

I actually think some people come out of this one looking really good. Normally I do not like pranking but I think this is genuine interesting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcyMY08cJCI&t=494s

I feel this basically happened

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
I loving love this show! A bunch of great improv comics were on it. There's apparently an unreleased episode with an NRA guy who threatened to sue the show after he found out it was a joke. I would like to see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I miss this poo poo

https://youtu.be/16r98zeAaoU