Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Guy's an idiot. He and gf were both having a laugh at the friend projecting hard enough to light up an imax screen, why not just leave it at that?

Alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

MarcusSA posted:

She definitely values the friendship with the trash fire of a friend over the 4 year relationship with her BF.

We aren't told how old the friendship is. Friend and boyfriend both acted maliciously (most of that text was entirely unnecessary); boyfriend was far more pompous. I'd be appalled if someone I loved sent that text to anyone, let alone my friend.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh dear me posted:

We aren't told how old the friendship is. Friend and boyfriend both acted maliciously (most of that text was entirely unnecessary); boyfriend was far more pompous. I'd be appalled if someone I loved sent that text to anyone, let alone my friend.

A friend who had the entire night been sending you pictures of your BF strongly implying that he could be / would be cheating? :confused:

Like a certain point people can just gently caress off and can be told to gently caress off when they are garbage people. I don’t think any decorum is needed.

Like if the girl had sent one picture ok yeah dude went off the deep end but like how many is enough for someone to be able to tell a person to gently caress off?

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

MarcusSA posted:

Like if the girl had sent one picture ok yeah dude went off the deep end but like how many is enough for someone to be able to tell a person to gently caress off?

I have no problem with him telling her to gently caress off. It would be much better if he had said 'gently caress off', instead of delivering a pompous lecture about her other sins.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Idk, I'm so loving whipped, but I'd probably just send a "Can you stop trying to convince my girlfriend I'm cheating on her? It sucks and I'm loyal," and leave it at that if she's important to my partner. I'd probably avoid jeopardizing that relationship, even if I hate their loving guts.

But that's because I would die for this chick if she asked me too in the right tone of voice.

E: like maybe it's toxic, but I try not to mess with my partners friends without at least giving her a heads up I feel like being lovely.

E2: how would she have reacted if he just told her like an adult "this made me feel awful, your friend hurt me." Sometimes just being open and honest about your feelings is the right move. I don't drink though, so idk how that effects the situation.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 24, 2021

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Oh dear me posted:

Friends come and go and pays not to get too hung up on that and anyway, I would much rather get a text telling me why someone thinks I am a cheating bastard then three messages sent to my partner strongly insinuating I am cheating and that my partner is being naïve for not intervening.

He and his partner might have been laughing but the friend is actively trying to get the partner to break up with OP. Plenty of strong relationships would be wrecked with three snap chats like what was described I bet.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I dunno, if someone I knew was stalking me and trying to undermine my relationship, and I knew that A. they were a homewrecker and B. that they felt some kind of guilt about it, I'd feel comfortable and fully justified in dumping all the salt in the world on that wound. If then my partner took the stalker's side, I'd wonder if the relationship was such a good fit if my partner felt more loyalty to this nasty stalker than to me.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Like, why would you want to be friends with someone who is capable of that kind of duplicity, anyway? Seems like a ticking time bomb.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Yeah, I don't think you guys are wrong, but that just wouldn't be me. Sometimes your relationship is more important than doing the morally justified thing.

E: some people stick with toxic people because of the length of the relationship, and because they feel like the person will get better.

E2: like if stalker was going to therapy I'd give her some time to see if she shakes out alright.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Boba Pearl posted:

Yeah, I don't think you guys are wrong, but that just wouldn't be me. Sometimes your relationship is more important than doing the morally justified thing.

E: some people stick with toxic people because of the length of the relationship, and because they feel like the person will get better.

E2: like if stalker was going to therapy I'd give her some time to see if she shakes out alright.

I think the latest incidence indicates that she is not shaking out alright.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sodium Chloride posted:

I've never heard of maize being used as a colour

Not a University of Michigan football fan I take it then

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
What’s the German word for “horrifyingly cute”?

The woman [27F] I [28M] have been seeing for the past 2 months keeps sending me unsolicited feet pics. Is this... a thing women do, or did she somehow uncover my foot fetish?

quote:

I have a foot fetish. It's not a huge part of my sexuality, it's one of many fetishes I have, and while I don't broadcast it I also don't want everyone to know about it. I also know it's a meme that horny foot fetishists constantly harass women online for feet pics- with the impression that, well, women don't want to be sending them.

A few months ago, a friend of mine hosted a few zoom events, and a friend-of-that-friend seemed to really like me and messaged me afterwards. She's currently living with her parents due to the pandemic but is moving back to the city where I live next month, and we have been flirting and getting to know each other very well in preparation for her to move back to the city when we can start dating in person. Because we have not met though, I don't want to call her my "girlfriend" or "partner", so we're just "seeing each other" right now, but I also wouldn't characterize it as a long distance relationship. Pandemics are weird, man.

Our avenues for intimacy are limited right and because I haven't met her yet I'm not going around asking her for sexy pictures or anything. But I've noticed she sends me... a lot of pictures of her feet. Her favorite shoes. Soliciting what nail polish she should wear. Pictures of her getting a pedicure. She's probably sent me more pictures of her feet than her face! But I've never told her I have a foot fetish, nor would any of our mutual friends have known and told her, and I'd like to think that she couldn't find out about my foot fetish through googling me. So I've gotta wonder... do some women just... enjoy sending dudes pictures of their feet? Is this a normalized thing? Or did she somehow find out my foot fetish and is indulging me without bringing it up?

tl;dr: Have been seeing a friend-of-a-friend online for a few months and she keeps sending me pictures of her feet. I happen to have a foot fetish but I don't think there's any way she should know about it. I'm panicking about whether or not this is a weird coincidence or she somehow found it out.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

teen witch posted:

What’s the German word for “horrifyingly cute”?

The woman [27F] I [28M] have been seeing for the past 2 months keeps sending me unsolicited feet pics. Is this... a thing women do, or did she somehow uncover my foot fetish?

This is weirdly heartwarming. I hope they stay together.

It's like Prince Charming finally found the girl whose foot fits the glass slipper, except the slipper in this instance is "being enthusiastic about sending him feet pics, possibly because she also has a fetish".

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

4 years ago.
A text I sent to my (M24) GFs friend (F23) might have costed me my relationship because I was "rude"

The only mistake he made was texting her before the friend whose husband she was loving.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Boyfriend won't let me in his home

quote:

I am a 34 f and bf is 40 male. For any regulars around here you might remember a post from about a month or so ago about similar to this. I eventually deleted it bc I had a lot of details that could give my identity away and commenting had been turned off anyway. A small summary is that I've been with my bf for three years and have never been allowed inside his apartment. The first 2.5 years was bc of his dog that he said would bite (it passed away) and now it's because he said he needs to clean. I know all of his family and friends and have been to the apartment, just not inside of it. Absolutely do not suspect cheating.

Anyway, today I had to stop by his place to grab something from my car (he has my car right now and I have his car. My left foot is broken and my car is a manual). I have recently been diagnosed with IBS and got to his place where I was meeting him in the parking lot. I started having serious stomach issues.. like, I was afraid I wouldn't make it to a toilet when I got there. I asked to use his bathroom thinking he's at least made progress enough to let me do that after 5 months of cleaning, plus he said his main bathroom has been cleaned up. He told me no and got mad at me, then said if I needed a bathroom he would drive me to a gas station.

Ok so here's my question... Do I continue to give him time to clean or is this just not ever going to happen? I don't want to be pushy with him, but he refuses to compromise and give me a timeline on when he can be done and let me in. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of at this point. I came here to get opinions from people who aren't my family or friends.

Tldr: bf won't let me inside of his apartment (still) after saying he would clean up, and it got to a point where I had a serious issue and he wouldn't let me use his bathroom.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Evil Willow posted:

Oh honey. There's no danger on him cheating on you with someone else. He's cheating on his family with you.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Cythereal posted:

Oh honey. There's no danger on him cheating on you with someone else. He's cheating on his family with you.

99% this, 1% he's an absolutely loving disgusting hoarder. The "you are the side piece" scenario is better tbh.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for asking from my mom and not my dad?

quote:

I (m23) met my beautiful wife (20) just under seven months ago. After our second month, before our engagement, we moved in together with my father who doesn't work and collects unemployment. We already lived together, so my now wife was okay with moving in.

Fast forward and now I'm a husband. My dad is still collecting unemployment and I've quit my job I had before. Wife doesn't work because she's trophy. My mom has her own business, she claims she's barely scraping by but she has a business so that's obviously a lie. I'm taking shifts at her business as much as I can but the power will be shut off soon so I need money for me and wife. So I ask for a small loan from mom, $600. But she won't budge. She says she doesn't have it, but she can afford my brother and also her dog so obviously she has income. She says ask your father, but he's unemployed. He doesn't contribute to rent or bill, but I imagine unemployment doesn't pay past just meals, and he says he has no money whatsoever.

AITA for asking a small loan from my mom and not my dad?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Boba Pearl posted:

E2: how would she have reacted if he just told her like an adult "this made me feel awful, your friend hurt me." Sometimes just being open and honest about your feelings is the right move. I don't drink though, so idk how that effects the situation.

Yeah that is where he actually went wrong (on the assumption that staying on his girlfriend's good side is a desirable end). He sent that whole screed to the cheater instead of talking to his girlfriend about it. You do not ever pick a fight with a third party to tell them to stop talking to your partner. If you have issues with the way someone interacts with your partner, you talk to your partner about it. If I was seeing someone who started picking fights with my friends over me, I'd need to reevaluate that relationship pronto.

Like this friend is a trash fire and he dodged a bullet there, but the actual conversation should be with his girlfriend about why she humors someone obviously trying to break them up.

E:

Strawman posted:

The only mistake he made was texting her before the friend whose husband she was loving.

This is also a correct course of action.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 12:41 on May 24, 2021

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for asking from my mom and not my dad?

wife doesn't work because she's trophy?

what does this even mean, it can't mean she's a trophy wife if this guy's on the verge of losing power and working for his mom's failing business with such tight margins that they can't afford a 600 dollar bill

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

I asked to use his bathroom thinking he's at least made progress enough to let me do that after 5 months of cleaning, plus he said his main bathroom has been cleaned up
Five months to clean an apartment? Definitely nothing suspicious there, seems like a totally reasonable timeframe to clean like 1200 square feet or whatever.

Seriously, how does OP even type that sentence without mentally comparing it to her own experiences having, y'know, cleaned her own room/apartment/etc?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

what does this even mean, it can't mean she's a trophy wife if this guy's on the verge of losing power and working for his mom's failing business with such tight margins that they can't afford a 600 dollar bill

Some people are the stanley cup and some people are Alibaba $1 per unit 10 unit minimum order, but the important thing is they're all trophies

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Evil Willow posted:

He's back. He's back! Apartment dude is back!

Still no conclusion on bargain bin Bluebeard???

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

MagusofStars posted:

Five months to clean an apartment? Definitely nothing suspicious there, seems like a totally reasonable timeframe to clean like 1200 square feet or whatever.

Seriously, how does OP even type that sentence without mentally comparing it to her own experiences having, y'know, cleaned her own room/apartment/etc?

There was a case in the Aussie news recently where a hoarder recently passed away and was smelling up his house enough that the neighbors called in the cops to check on him. It turns out that some time after removing the body of the hoarder, they found another dead fellow in the house who had been listed as missing 15 years earlier. Evidently this other fellow had gotten out of goal, tried to break in on the hoarder who shot him and then the hoarder used a heap of air freshener to mask the smell.

I dunno if I would let my GF use the toilet if I still hadn't gotten around to getting rid of the body of the robber I shot either.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-20/mummified-body-inquest-finds-man-was-shot-dead-by-hoarder/100152642

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Theories:
  • BF has another family living in the apartment
  • BF doesn't actually live in the apartment, he just pretends like he does
  • BF has a body inside the apartment
  • BF has a sex doll of the anime variety stashed in the apartment
  • BF has an Ace Venture-like arrangement where several wild animals permeate every nook and cranny of the apartment
  • BF doesn't actually exist corporeally, and the apartment is a spiritual metaphor for accepting loss and dealing with grief
  • BF's apartment is located in Silent Hill, and is chained from the inside by ghosts
  • BF is a hoarder
  • BF has another kind of mental trauma that has to do with personal space
  • BF's apartment doesn't actually have a floor

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
  • :grovertoot:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mr. Lobe posted:

"I'm too pretty to work!" ;-* ?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Armitag3 posted:

Theories:
  • BF has another family living in the apartment
  • BF doesn't actually live in the apartment, he just pretends like he does
  • BF has a body inside the apartment
  • BF has a sex doll of the anime variety stashed in the apartment
  • BF has an Ace Venture-like arrangement where several wild animals permeate every nook and cranny of the apartment
  • BF doesn't actually exist corporeally, and the apartment is a spiritual metaphor for accepting loss and dealing with grief
  • BF's apartment is located in Silent Hill, and is chained from the inside by ghosts
  • BF is a hoarder
  • BF has another kind of mental trauma that has to do with personal space
  • BF's apartment doesn't actually have a floor

The apartment is also a meth lab?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Midnight Voyager posted:

He says the best part of sleeping is... uh, falling asleep after being woken up? Which is the world's most alien concept to me.

I sort of get it. If you have 0 responsibilities and obligations, knowing that and going back to sleep when you need it is pretty sweet.
Obviously doesn't apply to most adults.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MagusofStars posted:

I have seen a lot of hoarder houses/apartments and it’s a mix of:
The actual process of dealing with whatever is making them hoard slows down cleaning significantly and sometimes the best they can do is a kind of break-even
And
Yes it absolutely is that bad. I’ve been in apartments where the smell literally made me vomit, or where there was a sheen of grease all over everything, or where the floor had rotted from years of Mountain Dew drippage to the point I almost went through a spot. Like, there’s houses out there that I think can only be properly cleaned via burning them down.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Pretty much this. However I will say I won't share a bed with someone that needs more than 2 alarms in the morning. You get one hit of the snooze and that's it.

Content.
Six years ago...

Got into a verbal argument with my (30F) SIL (38F), went to bed, woke up to her cutting my hair.

This one has a :unsmith: update

quote:

First and foremost, I wanted to thank everyone who provided me with sound advice. I realized that my husband and his BIL were underplaying my SIL's behavior. Cutting someone's hair while they sleep may be understandable if you are a toddler who does not understand, but from a 38 year old woman???

Anyways, I spoke to my husband and told him that I was deeply hurt that he did not defend me and instead defended his sister. To me, it was not getting hair cut off, but it was the intention behind her action (being spiteful). I let him know that I refuse to ever see her again. He started calling me dramatic and saying things like "Lucy has always been this way since she was a kid. She's just like that, don't let it get to you." I was floored with his response and told him that he is continuing to defend her by saying that. He then got angry and said that I don't understand where he is coming from and that I have an "outsider's" point of view. I felt very hurt and disgusted by what I was hearing. To him it was just "hair and it will grow back" but to me it was "SIL attacked me with scissors while I was sleeping".

I told him I needed some time to process things, as I cannot be married to someone who does not have my back. I took a few days to reflect on my last year of marriage and there were many instances where my husband has thrown me under the bus when dealing with his family. He always supports his family and makes me out to be the criminal, the "overdramatic" one.

At this current moment in time we have separated. My husband does not understand and said to me the other day "now you are acting like Lucy!" which I was astounded by. I am very certain that I will be filing for divorce.

TL;DR: SIL cut my hair, ended up cutting ties with my husband.

quote:

It is clear to me that he is a spineless doormat who lets his sister walk all over him.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I helped clean out a flat where the four occupants had smoked approximately 200 cigarettes a day between them for ~30 years and didn’t seem to have taken any rubbish out in all that time. When we started moving stuff off the kitchen worktops we found the cabinets had long ago disconnected from the walls, but hadn’t fallen because the stuff wedged underneath just kept them there. Think how many takeaway menus and empty loo rolls you need to support a wall cabinet literally stuffed full of crockery, heavy enough to have pulled out the screws. It was madness. One of the interior walls just fell down, within about twenty minutes, when we moved all the boxes stacked against it. Hoarder houses are terrible and scary.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

pretty sure cutting hair is a felony assault, hope she presses charges

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Mr. Lobe posted:

in this case "trophy" is short for "atrophy"

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

The lack of self-awareness in this is incredible:

quote:

At this current moment in time we have separated. My husband does not understand and said to me the other day "now you are acting like Lucy!" which I was astounded by. I am very certain that I will be filing for divorce.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There was an E/N thread once where the OP was a hoarder (I wanna say "CPS took my kid away"), who was eventually talked into posting pictures of his home, and it was just piles of garbage everywhere except a small zone around the OP's gaming rig, which cost more than the trailer in which they lived.

I am still haunted by the description of the floor having "soft spots," where the wood had just surrendered to the years of neglect, mold, and whatever fluids, and would just sort of squelch down if stepped on.

I wonder what happened to that guy; it was an E/N success story at the time because he actually wound up admitting he was a hoarder and to seek therapy instead of suing the CPS.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There was an E/N thread once where the OP was a hoarder (I wanna say "CPS took my kid away"), who was eventually talked into posting pictures of his home, and it was just piles of garbage everywhere except a small zone around the OP's gaming rig, which cost more than the trailer in which they lived.

I am still haunted by the description of the floor having "soft spots," where the wood had just surrendered to the years of neglect, mold, and whatever fluids, and would just sort of squelch down if stepped on.

I wonder what happened to that guy; it was an E/N success story at the time because he actually wound up admitting he was a hoarder and to seek therapy instead of suing the CPS.

IIRC he and his wife had their kid taken away by CPS, which acted as a real trigger for them to turn their lives around. They cleaned up their acts (and housing), and after a few months got their daughter back, having realised that they'd been terrible parents and resolving to do much better. It was quite heartwarming, actually.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Collateral Damage posted:

Guy's an idiot. He and gf were both having a laugh at the friend projecting hard enough to light up an imax screen, why not just leave it at that?

Probably the part where the "friend" was literally stalking him? I would absolutely feel unsafe if I found out a crazy person was following me and want to put a stop to the whole thing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FoolyCharged posted:

Probably the part where the "friend" was literally stalking him? I would absolutely feel unsafe if I found out a crazy person was following me and want to put a stop to the whole thing.

Also it's completely fair to think that being accused of cheating repeatedly is not a funny joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Damnit I looked for the trophy wife post because I had the beginnings of a good participation trophy joke brewing but its gone.