Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Uncle Enzo posted:

My wife and I picked out shelter dog almost entirely on the basis of temperament. We wanted a medium size dog with short fur that would be happy and chill with everyone and do what it was told.

We ended up with a "murder-breed" (pit) mutt. When we walked through the shelter, she was the sweetest and best-behaved dog there. She always comes when called, even when a different person is calling a different dog. She just sees "person calling a dog" and she's a dog, so over she goes.

Hee hee hee :kimchi:

e: god loving dammit i've sniped the last three pages i'm sick of this

My (24f) ex (25m) who dumped me pretended to cry when he dropped off my stuff?

quote:

[new]

Weird situation here. I’ll keep it short. The long and short of it is that my boyfriend revealed to me months into our relationship that he’d had an FWB arrangement with his best friend/business partner that lasted until, from what he says, a couple of weeks before we started going out. Recently, we’ve been disagreeing about it. He felt there was no need for them to have any boundaries between them and they should be able to continue their relationship as normal. I asked for a couple of boundaries such as - not drinking alone together, and not hanging out alone at each other’s homes, really just for now, until we could build up some trust as he misled me about their relationship. He said this would not solve any problems and didn’t want to do it. Shortly after, he dumped me saying he couldn’t see another way of sorting the situation out as I needed to be completely ok with them doing whatever they wanted I guess. I told him I felt this was the wrong decision and that we could work it out if we both committed to it. He did not change his mind, and I’m obviously a wreck.

He dropped my things off yesterday at my request. I said at first I wouldn’t be around and he could just drop it off, to which he responded “so I won’t see you again?”. I decided to face him so he had to see me one last time. As he dropped my things off, he was fake sniffing and trying to make it seem as if he was crying. I was straight faced. He asked if he could say “goodbye” to me, and I just said “see you later” and he walked away.

Why on Earth was he pretending to cry???

EDIT: he said a few things that were odd before this too. He said how much he was struggling, not able to eat or sleep and he couldn’t concentrate. He then said his parents had asked him to come home to “keep an eye on him”, almost as if I’d broken up with him

TL;DR dumper fake crying as he dropped off my stuff

Sisal Two-Step fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

The translation on the tweet misses a pun - it might be more accurate as “I can’t give you milk, sorry. But I’m trying my borzoi-st!”

:kimchi: :dadjoke:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

My favourite ever dog was a 9 year old miniature dachshund who I foster-failed with. Prior to her I would never have considered buying a breed (as opposed to adopting a shelter mutt), but I loved that little old lady so much that I maybe would consider it, should I be in a position to have a dog again. She was the smartest, snuggliest, most personality-filled wee thing. She came with a beagle sister and while I loved the beagle too, I wouldn’t have another one.

Tidy Flea
May 2, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I don't think it was saved and I don't have archives. IIRC it was just a post in one of the dog threads a few months later.

There was this similar thread posted to an Aussie dog forum a few weeks later. Maybe the reception in PI wasn’t as warm as she expected.

From digging around in the archives I’d guess any further drama went down on IRC.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Eh, if you can afford a good breeder who cares about the health of their breed and is on top of all the medical visits and early socialization stuff I'm sure it's very practical. Getting a rescue dog probably makes you a better person but so does a lot of other consumer choices few people make.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you get a mutt that has Keesehond bits to it you will get a dog that is emotionally incapable of being about more than 2 meters away from you. Warning: it will really really really love you so before getting one make sure you can handle that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've got a phobia of dogs. It's getting better as I get older, but I'm still generally anxious around even the sweetest boy. But once in a parking lot someone came the other way with a husky who was SO happy to see me! He was bouncing up and down at the end of his lead. Wasn't until afterward that I realized my anxieties hadn't gone off in the slightest. There's a massive dog jumping seven feet in the air trying to get at me (seriously, well above my head height), but huskies have so much puppy in their faces that I wasn't scared at all.

Anyway that's my doggo story.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

a lgd hard at work

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

thotsky posted:

Eh, if you can afford a good breeder who cares about the health of their breed and is on top of all the medical visits and early socialization stuff I'm sure it's very practical. Getting a rescue dog probably makes you a better person but so does a lot of other consumer choices few people make.

Mild objection to "rescue dog", as that implies that all the dogs at the shelter have been mistreated or have behavior problems or something wrong with them. Lots of dogs are pets that people couldn't take care of anymore, or just plain strays. Just because a dog is at the shelter doesn't mean that it will take more work than a dog from a breeder- very possibly less since you can skip the puppy stage.

Right in the meeting room at the shelter we were able to touch her paws and individually touch her toes and rub our fingers in the web between her toes. We could pull her lips up and look at her teeth as well as flip her ears around and look in her ear canal. About the only behavior we had to train out was that she originally hated and feared cars. Didn't like behind around them, did NOT like the idea of riding in one. Fixed that by getting her used to being around cars with positive reinforcement, then luring her into the backseat of my car with increasingly high-value treats the closer she got until she got in the car and I was hand-feeding her wet dog food from the can and exclaiming what a good girl she was.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Booooooo dog chat sucks cat chat rules

AITA for refusing to pay an HOA "ticket" while cat sitting

quote:

A friend asked me to watch her cat for her while she was on vacation. When I went over to feed the cat, I parked in the driveway, fed the cat, and left. One day, I went to feed the cat and there was a $25 "ticket" on my car for parking in the driveway. It was from the HOA not the police or parking enforcement. There was nothing illegal about where I parked nor have I ever been told not to park in a driveway by anyone.

So, I ignored it.

The HOA is now pursuing her for the ticket since their authority only extends to their members. She sent them my info and I flat out told them to take a hike, I'm not paying a fine and if they don't like it, sue me.

She is upset with me and demanding I pay since she will have to pay the fine. If she had told me her HOA does stuff like that and that I need to park on a guest spot instead, I would have. But, I don't feel obliged to pay a fine for made up rules I was never told about.
The law in my state is pretty clear, the HOA has no right to fine me, but their members can be held responsible for the violations of guests.

AITA for not moving my cat off the washing machine when my mom tried to wash clothes?

quote:

I have a cat named Princess who i love to death, she's a big baby. She's also a little large for a cat but still plays like a kitten. My mom is afraid of her. You see, my cat sometimes doesn't know her own strength. She was playing with her and pet her while she was chasing a toy and my cat just bit mom. Since then, she won't pet her, she won't even sit next to her or go anywhere near her.

Today, My mom went in the laundry room to wash clothes and i hear her yelling for me. My cat decided to take a nap on top of the washing machine (It's a top loader). She told me to move her and i smiled and said no. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, i just thought it'd be funny. She said please and i told her she'd just have to figure it out. She tried to pet her and princess just looked up at her and laid her head back down. Mom barked at me to move her and lectured me that she had to wash clothes. I still refused. She tried talking to her to make her move. I told her to just pick Princess up and put her on the ground.

She tried lifting the top of the washer to make her move and Princess growled at her, so she ran off screaming. Then she started yelling at me, how she'd take my phone and everything away and ground me and get rid of the cat and that she'd tell my dad i got in the way of her washing his uniform, oh and that i was being disrespectful. I was just joking but she was 100% serious. So i did pick her up and put her on the ground. Mom gave me a sarcastic "Thank you"

Should i have just moved her when asked?

AITA? I tried to warn my friend about becoming a Lions fan and he broke his coffee table.

quote:

My friend that I moved in next to was never a sports guy besides Michigan football (God bless your soul). He asked me which NFL team I rooted for so I told him the Lions, he then asked if he could watch a few games with me and got loving jacked up excited after the Lions won vs Washington last week last second. He then said OK I'm a Lions fan for life.

So, at this point, he's just said he wants to be a product of pain and misery for the rest of his life and I try to warn him about our past and to NEVER get your hopes up and the countless amount of heartbreak I've had over the years, he didn't buy in and said nope, I'm becoming a Lions fan, he then proceeded to order a Stafford jersey (decent).

Fast forward to yesterday, we're watching the Lions @ Panthers game and it was PAINFUL, we were complete rear end and got blown out, after a TD was called back he kicked his coffee table and broke it, pretty expensive as well. I laughed and said I tried to warn you brother.

This morning I woke up to texts from him blaming me about his new purchase he has to make (coffee table) and he's dead serious about being mad at me.

AITA for trying to warn him about becoming a Lions fan?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Theophany posted:

I'm always reluctant to bring it up because dog people get weird about it but breeders loving suck, they're eugenicists for a different species. Nobody who actually cares about animals gives a hot gay gently caress about your dog's bloodline or provenance.

Closed studbooks are the worst idea in the world, based on stupid 18th-century ideas of "pure blood", and are genetic funnels that throw away lots of useful things, like the ability to process purines so that they don't get gallstones. And when people actually bread in a teensy weensy amount of non-Dalmatian into Dalmatians to create gallstone-proof dogs, the breeders absolutely refused to register them because not pure.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

betaraywil posted:

]

AITA? I tried to warn my friend about becoming a Lions fan and he broke his coffee table.

This man learned what all us Lions fans learn eventually: there is no hope. There is only heartache and misery. :smith:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
from a few pages back but

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Late to the party, but I am the next-best thing to face blind. ...
"Trying hard" doesn't actually help. The actual visual memory of a face doesn't happen. I also can't remember names, but I think it's tied to the first problem.
"the actual visual memory of a face doesn't happen" is what being faceblind is... like we aren't literally blind to faces, we don't actually perceive human faces to be a blank egg lol we just cannot remember them

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

InediblePenguin posted:

from a few pages back but

"the actual visual memory of a face doesn't happen" is what being faceblind is... like we aren't literally blind to faces, we don't actually perceive human faces to be a blank egg lol we just cannot remember them

The most informative analogy I've heard is that it's like looking at cars when you're not a car person. You can tell what color it is, and if it's a sedan or a coupe or a crossover, but you can't just automatically go "Oh that's a Honda Civic" or "Oh, that's a Ford Focus" despite everyone around you being able to classify them instantly.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

betaraywil posted:

Die hard Lions and Blue fan loving lol

Dude isn't going to have a house left after this season

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 10, 2021

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

the person who wouldn't move their cat is a butthead lol

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The most informative analogy I've heard is that it's like looking at cars when you're not a car person. You can tell what color it is, and if it's a sedan or a coupe or a crossover, but you can't just automatically go "Oh that's a Honda Civic" or "Oh, that's a Ford Focus" despite everyone around you being able to classify them instantly.

Every time I go shopping with my husband I try to get in somebody else's car. As long as it's black and vaguely Japanese-shaped, it looks like our car to me. I've had to train myself to look for the water bottle in the cupholder.

e: I'm saying I'm not completely faceblind because I do recognize members of my family or people I work with every day.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Every time I go shopping with my husband I try to get in somebody else's car. As long as it's black and vaguely Japanese-shaped, it looks like our car to me. I've had to train myself to look for the water bottle in the cupholder.

e: I'm saying I'm not completely faceblind because I do recognize members of my family or people I work with every day.

Memorise the number plate, that's what I do for my car-blindness.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I recognize people I see every day but I'm doing it with their voices, usually, and a combination of hairstyles and simple context. If I'm not expecting to see them it throws off my compensating poo poo, though; I got diagnosed after failing to recognize my mother when we met unexpectedly in a town where I had no reason to think I'd see her, which she found upsetting enough to urge me to see a doctor lol, but like I can keep track of my coworkers

Not looking forward to everybody taking off their masks though. I'm already so used to having to learn to recognize people without seeing their faces, the pandemic actually put me on equal or better footing with the rest of society, and soon everyone else will be back to seeing faces and I'll have lost the easy excuse when I don't recognize somebody :(

yeah, i like this, i think it expresses it understandably

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm at about the same level as you, Arsenic, and it sucks. If someone shaves their beard, wears contacts, or dyes their hair, I'll say "Nice to meet you!" begore they look at me puzzled and say "Betazoid, you've known me for three years."

When I was a little kid, maybe 10 or so, I took communion at mass and got back in "my" pew. I didn't know I was in the wrong seat until the nice man in the blue sports coat walked me over to MY DAD in the blue sports coat after mass ended. (Sorry, dad; I love you.)

99% of the time, if someone looks HOW I expect them to and is WHERE I expect them, I'm good. If it's a work friend at a baseball game or a real friend randomly in the same bar as me, there's no chance.

Edit:

InediblePenguin posted:

If I'm not expecting to see them it throws off my compensating poo poo, though; I got diagnosed after failing to recognize my mother when we met unexpectedly in a town where I had no reason to think I'd see her, which she found upsetting enough to urge me to see a doctor lol, but like I can keep track of my coworkers

Huh. I've never felt like I needed a diagnosis, and I passed the popular online "are you faceblind" test (i.e., "no, you are not faceblind") but now I'm wondering. I guess I have good enough coping skills that it hasn't mattered yet.

Betazoid fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 10, 2021

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
I suck. Quote is not edit.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Betazoid posted:

I suck. Quote is not edit.

being buttonblind sucks :(

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Arsenic Lupin posted:

We've owned our current car since 2017, and I still always double-check the license plate as I approach it; I've definitely headed towards strangers' cars before. I blame it on the car being a late-model beige Elantra, the least interesting car on Earth

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

If someone I know starts wearing a hat I freak out and attack them, like a mynah bird

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

a pale ghost posted:

the person who wouldn't move their cat is a butthead lol

This entirely. I have a lot of animals, and the best way to get your rear end kicked out of my house is to ask to see a snake, then try to walk off with said ball python to show another guest who is terrified of snakes.

AITA for still not talking to my parents much, for this weird religious "Lion's Den" thing they made me do as a teenager?

quote:

I grew up in a religious household. At 17, I dated some girl that my parents didn't approve of. They said that God was testing me through her, etc.

Then, they heard about some sort of event at the zoo that our youth group leader had arranged - where basically, you could experience "what it would really be like to be in the Lion's Den like Daniel was in the Bible." (No clue if this would fly today for liability reasons), where basically you spend a night at the zoo in the lion's nighthouse,

My parents were both very enthusiastic about the idea, and how it would teach me to "lean on God to get through tough times and overcome temptations like this girl" or whatever. I was really reluctant, but they kept pressuring me to do it.

So my parents took me to the zoo at night. Two zookeepers took me into the Lion nighthouse before the lions were let in, and there was a small enclosure in the center - maybe 10x10x10 feet, with a mattress. Two sets of bars, I guess for extra protection so the lions couldn't reach through it.

It turned out to be way worse than I thought. When the 7 lions entered, I was really terrified. They'd come right up to me, and their eyes were all glowing in the dark, grunting etc. Some pawed at the bars, 4-5 feet away.

As the night went on, my terror subsided a little when I knew the lions couldn't get at me, but it gave way to nausea as the stench became terrible. A lion relieved itself a couple feet away from the cage, and I've never smelled anything that putrid in my life. The smell seemed to completely fill the room, and only got worse throughout the night after more potty incidents. Plus, when they got close, I could even smell their hot breath, which might have been the most nauseating smell of all.

Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. Did some praying, which I guess was the intent. Parents picked me up in the morning, thoroughly rattled and reeking of cat piss.

We talked about it a bit, and they seemed disappointed that it wasn't worse and didn't get me to pray even more, and kept asking if I now had God's strength to find a Christian girl, etc. When I complained of it, my dad would just say "well what do you think Daniel smelled like afterwards, now you know exactly what it's like" etc.

Maybe it was the last straw in a straining relationship, but I felt like I grew kind of distant with my parents after that, as I gradually became less religious too. It's been years and I still barely talk to them. When confronted about it, I eventually brought this up, and they say that I'm being really petty and that I had agreed to it, and that "the 2 others in the youth group really liked the experience, you're just not giving your heart to God, etc'

I feel a little petty for holding a grudge over something I agreed to, but still feel like it's justified. AITA?

There is a "zoo" around here that would probably do this, or has. They used to be on tribal land but had to move in 2000 when word got out they believed the biblical apocalype was coming, so they were gonna release all the animals at midnight.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for still not talking to my parents much, for this weird religious "Lion's Den" thing they made me do as a teenager?

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 10, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

betaraywil posted:

Booooooo dog chat sucks cat chat rules

AITA for refusing to pay an HOA "ticket" while cat sitting
NTA but also your friend is an idiot for not telling the HOA “I don’t know who that was… I was not home.”

betaraywil posted:

:lol:

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
Imagine living next to people who will tattle on you for the crime of parking in your own driveway. Think of the property values!!!!!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My GF wants to peg me but I am worried she will tell our friends eventually

quote:

My (21M) GF(20F) and I have been dating for 9 months. She fell into the rabbit hole of pegging tiktoks. She told me shes really interested in pegging me. I asked her why, and she said that she would love to dominate me. I didn't really like her reason. If she said that it would make feel good I'd be way more interested. Here is the thing, I might enjoy that, I have watched some pegging videos alone and it did turn me on, but we share the same friendgroup, so I know the second we breakup shes gonna tell everyone that she pegs me and the guys would roast me in the group chat and irl for a long time. I know its gonna annoy me alot. She told me that she won't tell anyone, but I don't know if I can trust her after only 9 months. Is it worth the risk ?

TLDR: GF wants to peg me, and I'd don't mind trying it, but I am afraid she will tell my friends if we breakup.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Girlfriend already bought Frankie

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Alice in Wonderland woulda gone so different if she'd fallen into the rabbit hole of pegging tiktoks.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I haven't owned a car in four years and wasn't a "car person" even when I had one, and boy, is this accurate. The number of times I've accidentally hopped into the wrong Lyft because I saw a silver sedan and decided that was close enough...

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling out my gf over her cat obsession

Hooooly poo poo this guy is a piece of work! His updates on that post:

OP posted:

EDIT/UPDATE: I get it. I'm TA. The hugest loving A you have ever seen and possibly some kind of deviant who compares dicks with a cat. 10 is a senior cat, it's not perfectly safe for pets to fly under planes, and my girl is not crazy for loving her cat. I called her this morning and apologised. She said she needs time to think. At a kind person's suggestion, I sent her a link to this my public shaming and am now going to go hide under the bed in the hopes she notices my strange behaviour and still cares enough to call the vet on me.

FINAL UPDATE: Jesus, gently caress you guys. She dumped me, OK? Are you happy now?

Then there's this gem:

How can I (36M) overcome my gf (35M) friends drama mongering in our relationship?

quote:

My GF and I have been taking some space for a few months, her living in our apartment and me crashing with friends but still paying half the rent/bills. We've been together 3ish years, lived to together for 2. The entire separation I've been committed to her and getting our relationship back to a good place. The separation happened because of something I've since apologised for, long story short basically we disagreed about putting her cat under a plane which she refused to do and I stupidly implied it was about her anxiety and she needed to get help. Anyway, ever since then I've been trying to show her I love her and am willing to do whatever it takes to get her back, but her friends are cutting me off at every turn. They're literally telling her I'm going to kill her cat if she lets me come back because I "resent the cat so much" which is complete horseshit. The friends in question are all single, living paycheck to paycheck, generally unhappy with their own lives and I honestly think they just want to drag her down with them. How can I protect her without it seeming like I'm trying to isolate her (which I'm not, but if I point out their probable ulterior motives that's exactly what they say).

TL;DR going through a rough patch with my gf and her friends are actively drama mongering and trying to make all my attempts at reconciliation fail.

Edit: Sorry the title should read "How can I (36M) overcome my gf (35F) friends drama mongering in our relationship?"

And finally this!

AITA for not breaking the lease and buying a bad present?

quote:

So my (36M) gf (35F) and I have been separated for a few months now. We still have 6mo on our lease, which I still pay half of even though she's been living there alone and I've been crashing with friends. Lately she's been pushing for us to break the lease and each find our own places, but I don't want to do that because I am still committed to her and getting our relationship back. I miss her so much and keep trying to show her that I know I hosed up and am going to work hard to make it up to her, but she just won't budge.

One of my buddies said I might be TA for not breaking the lease but honestly I feel the opposite because it's not like I'm forcing her to pay for the whole place by herself, just half like she paid when we lived there together and it is a much nicer place then she'd be able to afford if we broke the lease and she had to find a place on her own.

As part of my campaign to win her back, I've been leaving presents for her on my way to work. Normal stuff like flowers, chocolates, iced coffees with little notes, ect. But the other day I left a present for her cat that I thought would go over well since she really loves her cat. It was a little mouse toy and some tasty looking treats, but then she texted me asking me to stop leaving her stuff and informed me her cat can't even eat the treats because he needs to only eat his special food for UTIs or something and I'm TA for not knowing that.

Am I seriously TA for wanting my gf to stay in a nicer apartment and leaving presents for her and her cat?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Willow posted:

Hooooly poo poo this guy is a piece of work! His updates on that post:

Then there's this gem:

How can I (36M) overcome my gf (35M) friends drama mongering in our relationship?

And finally this!

AITA for not breaking the lease and buying a bad present?

I'm glad he's suffering for that shittery.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Reviving dog-chat for a moment: we always had shih-tzus when I was growing up, and they are great little dogs - friendly, funny and energetic enough to go on pretty long walks (10+ miles as long as it's not hot) but chill enough to lie around snoozing if nothing much is going on.

A few years ago we adopted a rescue Lhasa apso, so superficially very like a shih tzu. Totally different personality though - smarter, weirder and a very very keen watchdog.

Forget about the front door if you come into the drat room a bit too enthusiastically you can be sure Henry is going to kick up a big ol fuss.
He's a good dog :3:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Evil Willow posted:

The separation happened because of something I've since apologised for, long story short basically we disagreed about putting her cat under a plane which she refused to do and I stupidly implied it was about her anxiety and she needed to get help

Uh, what?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Read the original story, there's a bit about them talking about moving and the gf not wanting to move anywhere she'd have to put the cat in a plane's luggage area during the move

Also :lol: that guy sucks so much more after those updates

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Just make it a reciprocal deal, if she wants backdoor action she's gotta give it up too. To the group chat, if you have a bunch of dude friends who are going to constantly trying and insult you for it then you either have to accept your friends are homophobic assholes or get new friends.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Had to google that too. From what I can tell it refers to transporting the pet in the cargo part of the plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I love my shelter dog but she's hard work. Not all shelters are honest about dogs quirks and even if they are, they only know what they've been told (often lies) or what they've seen in a highly stressed situation.
My girl was quiet, could be handled no issues, no aggression to anyone. AT FIRST.
Now she's a complete different dog- highly strung, territorial, noisy, terrified of people.
She's mine and I love her but despite training classes and medication I cannot have visitors over or trust her with children.