Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Named after the city and county in Texas, naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Soylent Pudding posted:

Berth el pup.

AITA for shaming my mother in law in front of the whole family for spreading lies about me?
3) Some people pointed it out that I shouldn't have lashed out at a family gathering which is absolutely right. I feel bad for it and I know I could've handled it better.

I hate this poo poo. There's definitely times where you want to carefully plan who will be within earshot of certain conversations, but who gives a gently caress if that racist old hag's reputation is ruined in front of her lovely family?

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
On a tree by a river, a little Throck sits
Throckmorton, Throckmorton, Throckmorton

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

massive spider posted:

The simple answer: watch peoples actions not their words.

His words are the right things to say, some people are very good at saying The Right Things and then going back to doing the exact same poo poo they've been doing. Since we don't know him though we have no way of knowing either way.
Totally agree. What strikes me the most is that he should be embarrassed by his actions. Instead, he's gotta make this big reddit post to make sure people know he's not really the bad guy.

The apologists for this guy in this thread enable behavior like his and it's gross.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
My[35M] brother[30M] wants a part of my inheritance in order for us to have a relationship

My brother and I have only come in contact recently. When he was born my parents adopted him out to a good family because we were poor and living in a homeless shelter. We never had contact with him till recently. My parents turned their lives around at that point and worked very hard and I'm now inheriting a few million dollars from their success. But the most important thing they provided for me was stability and education to allow me to create my own successful life.

My brother and I came in contact 2 years ago when he found me. My mother had already passed and my father was ill. They did communicate a little bit but not a lot. My father passed away recently and he told me that everything was coming to me except an obligatory 5k which he passed to my brother. My brother was furious and felt slighted once again. I do sympathise with him but my father told me not to give him any money. His real parents are well to do and have supported him and loved him, so he wasn't missing out on that department but I feel bad. He's demanding I give him half if not all the inheritance because he was given away. I think it's ridiculous to give him anything more than half. I asked him when his parents passed would I get an inheritance as well, to which he got snarky with me and stormed off. I don't know what to do now.

TL;DR My brother is upset my parents left him nothing

Should I be as uncomfortable as I (24F) am with my bf's (24M) reationship with his mom (45F)?

I'll start with some background story. We've been dating for 6 years but it hasn't been until we moved in together, that it got really bad imo. We've been living together for 9 months.

Here are some things that make me uncomfortable about their relationship:

- calling each other twice a day AT THE VERY LEAST - usually it's even more

- their phonecalls end with thousands of kisses and 'i love and miss you's

- he relays on her opinion more than anyones (including doctors)

- it has happend several times that he's talked to her on facetime while sitting on the toilet

- once during such phonecall I overheard them talking about our sexlife which has been miserable to say the least - he was telling her that he's never in the mood and she was joking about it

- everytime we visit her they throw themselves a pity party about their health (which according to doctors isn't bad but they know better right?) but when I tried to get them to turn off a video that was triggering for my mental health i heard that 'i read about it too much on the internet and i should stop', then I had a whole meltdown and never heard sorry or anything

- he borrows her lots of money and she never has to give it back (i'm talking thousands)

- he transfered her like a hundred dollars for shoes without thinking twice but refused to pay 50 for fixing the light in our bathroom for like 5 months when I didn't have spare money for that

- i havent heard him doing it, but she somtimes talks to him in like baby talk which grossed me out real bad bc that's what I did (might be cringy idk)

- as far as physical touch goes - that may not be bad but taking everything above into perspective it just messes with my head. Long hugs for hellos and goodbyes and ofc kisses on the cheek, but a couple of days ago we were sitting on a couch and he was complaining about it being hot outside or something and she just came up to him and pressed his head to where like her lower stomach?? idk how to explain it but i thought i was gonna get out of there

Well having written it down I don't think I need your answer to the title, I am open to hearing your opinions tho. I'm going crazy.

Woodchip fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 21, 2021

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Who's being his apologist? I think some of you people suffer from brain worms where people who do bad things are forever evil and can never atone and never change, like some sort of Christian zealot. Even if this guy is posting for a self-serving reason, so what. What does it matter? You got an inside track to his mind? Those words could be the cautionary tale for somebody who thinks along the same lines as they did, nothing wrong with that.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Dik Hz posted:

Totally agree. What strikes me the most is that he should be embarrassed by his actions. Instead, he's gotta make this big reddit post to make sure people know he's not really the bad guy.

Yeah, and those are the actions I've based my opinion on. As usual, some of the opinions in this thread are baffling. They're literally reading a public performance from this self absorbed stalker and saying "awww, he's grown so much!"

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Woodchip posted:

My[35M] brother[30M] wants a part of my inheritance in order for us to have a relationship

He only tried to reconnect for the money OP. Whatever decision you make he's going to find an excuse to cut contact afterward. Give half to an orphaned kid charity if you fel bad about not giving him anything.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Dik Hz posted:

The apologists for this guy in this thread enable behavior like his and it's gross.
Mostly I just hope that there are people willing to change their behavior when confronted with the consequences for it, even though the process of changing their underlying thought patterns that lead to thinking that behavior was okay is a much more difficult and long-term project. The update to me sounds like, hopefully, someone who is doing the first (changing behavior) while not (yet?) succeeding at the second, but that's really the most you can expect after just a few months. I don't feel any desire to pat him on the back for reaching the extremely low bar of 'not contacting the woman who told me never to contact her again', I'm just hoping he never contacts her again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I found the deleted update from the way back machine!

You sweet, sweet so very dumb man

This is adorable because he genuinely thinks she died but doing the right things. Like at the end of this he'll self actualize into a great person, meet a woman and start a family and never tell his kids he sees the ghost of his ex everywhere shouting at him "I'm not dead you stupid rear end in a top hat!"

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Dik Hz posted:

Except for the part where it says he is the bad guy? It's just dipshits like you who simultaneously can't read and read way too much into things.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Let's play "guess the search string"

AITA for 'emasculating' my husband infront of his parents?

quote:

I(25F) have been dating my husband (30M) for five years and we've been married for two. He is very much a traditional 'man's man' but it never bothered our relationship till now so i didn't care.

2 days prior, he wanted to visit his parents now that we are all vaccinated. He asked me to come too and i complied since ii really enjoy most of his family. We went and had a great time until his father suggested a drinking contest. Basically a family tradition to see who could drink the most cups of watered down beer in a set time. It's usually only my father in law, husband, bil, and sil's husband, this time i wanted to try out too and challanged my husband to one. He laughed and said ok. Well i won and he got very frustrated. He pulled me into a empty room and started saying how i embarrased him and it was 'emasculating' for him and how i should be sorry. I told him to not get so serious and left the room. After 2 hours or so of cold stares from my husband, i suggested leaving. He said he wanted to stay at his brother's house for the day and drove there while leaving me to walk to home.(it's around 45 mins away walking distance).

I found what he did kinda petty but at night my brother in law calls me, tells me how upset my husband was because i humilated him and made him feel like less of a man. I called my husband and apologized but he has not returned to me since. So reddit AITA for emasculating my husband in front of around 10 family members?

AITA for wanting him to prepare dinner with me?

quote:

My new boyfriend (34) and I (29) keep fighting over this topic.

He expects me to prepare dinner, while he is doing chores (at his house and not the house i am living in, we live separately) as he thinks this makes him less of a man standing in the kitchen and he hates cooking anyways.

Me on the other hand I strongly believe that cooking (and of course household in total) is something that can and should be shared (and it is more fun).

He keeps saying that I should not be so stubborn and that he is not being sexist. His argument is, that he is doing much more work in total (he is doing chores at his house, i don't see this as my responsibility as its not my household, but i help sometimes) and he is driving me anywhere I want (I didn't ask him to do that and he loves driving) and in total doing so much for me. So he thinks that he is much more invested in this relationship and I don't even get what he is doing for me. He is already rethinking a lot of his values for me, so he wants me to do the same in this case.

I am not rethinking my values and I do not want to cook for him.

AITA for wanting him to prepare dinner with me and for wanting cooking to be a shared task?

AITA for arguing with my parents that being a man and doing your eyebrows isn't gay?

quote:

Disclaimer on mobile , first time posting on this sub etc etc

So I 15F enjoy doing skin care , eyebrows , face masks over all body care and just taking care of myself and others around me men and women included not just women. I think personal hygiene / self care is important for everyone no matter the gender.

the eyebrows I'm talking about doing is referring to cleaning them up or giving them shape not anything related to make up, just to clear any confusion.

So what happened was we were all chilling on the balcony talking and I asked my dad If he wanted me to get rid of his unibrow , just his unibrow not do his whole eyebrow and he started getting all " agh no I don't wanna look gay " or " no because your mom doesn't want to have a gay feminine looking husband" and I just told him to get over himself and that doing your eyebrows while being a man doesn't make you look gay If anything it makes you look more attractive and cleaned up and he ended up saying fine but only my unibrow and that's exactly what I did , I asked my mom if she wanted me to do her eyebrows as she usually always has me do them but she said no as she had barely done them yesterday and I said ok cool.

Here's where I might be the rear end in a top hat.

I asked one of my brothers 12M (12 turning 13 soon both twins) , we'll call him Alex if he wanted me to do his brows and he said yes , I wasnt forcing him or anything I just asked him if he wanted too and he said yeah , I asked because Alex has asked me before in the past if he could do facemasks or do his eyebrows with me at around age 11 and my mom never let him because " he's too young " when I know its because he's a boy , so anyways she wouldn't let me and we ended up having an argument where I told her we were aloud to have opinions too and make some decisions regarding our own body as long as it's not harming anyone , she got mad and told me I was gonna get in trouble if I did his eyebrows because it looks wrong , in the end I left it at that and now I'm left wondering if I'm the rear end in a top hat for defending the fact that being a man and doing your eyebrows isn't gay or make you any less of a man. I feel I'm not but I can't help but feel guilty as I told my parents about 2 months ago I was dating a girl and they weren't overly supportive they just kinda took it as whatever since they didnt really care and I guess I was happy because yay I didn't get kicked out or get in trouble but at the same time I kinda felt they were a little dissapointed maybe ? I mention it because I thought they weren't homophobic but after this incident I'm really starting to question if they even truly accept me for dating a girl , but.

Reddit AITA?

AITA For "Embarrassing" My Husband In Front Of Our Friends?

quote:

This happened recently and I have been wondering whether I was being an rear end in a top hat. I am a stay at home mom to two children under 5 and my husband works full time. My husband is a wonderful companion and an amazing father but he can be very frugal at times.

For the past few months I have been reminding him that my car needs new brakes and he always promises that he will get to it but nothing. Its been weeks now of empty promises and this is very hard as I need the car to get the kids to appointments,grocery runs and it would make job searching easier since I'm looking for a job.

Using public transport with two young kids is extremely hard and I can't use our other car because he works full time and needs it for work. I was venting to a friend of ours about my predicament and she suggested I start a campaign to raise the funds. After giving it much thought I decided to start one.

When my husband came home yesterday he was angry and confronted me about the campaign and I was surprised because I didn't think it was a big deal. He told me how my friend's husband mentioned it at work and this embarrassed him because it made him feel like less of a man as he is supposed to take care of his family.

He said I'm an rear end in a top hat and that I was being petty by doing that. He demanded I take it down and I tried to explain that it's difficult not having a car especially with two young kids in the midst of a pandemic but I ended up taking it down.

When I think about it I feel guilty because we are really struggling and I should be more understanding of our situation. I should have probably discussed it with him first. Please be real with me,am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond to my post, I have been going through all the comments and I have noticed some people were asking for more info.

I don't really have access to our finances, I usually tell him what's needed and he provides it so I never felt the need to go through them. It's rarely for myself though it's mostly things for the kids or the house. With everything going on I know that we weren't that good financially because we had to cut back on some things. He never explicitly said we can't afford the brakes so I assumed he just felt like they were an unnecessary cost.

He is frugal in the sense that if he sees a solution to something he would have spent money on he goes with it regardless of how inconvenient it is. The fact that there is public transport makes him feel like that is the next best thing although I have explained how difficult that is. I'm looking for a job because I want to be able to pay for things that I feel like are necessary even when he feels otherwise. I'm even more determined because last night we spoke about it and he still feels like they are expensive and I can do without.

AITA for emasculating my fiance?

quote:

EDITED TO ADD: it was his idea to be a SAHD. He was fed up with HGV work and stressed, missing time with the kids and we were paying out MY arse (he refused to pay any childcare) of £1000 a month. He stopped working October 2019 and had an MI January 2020.

Basically the tides in my house turned, I earn more than my partner working in healthcare, he is a truck driver. I used to work part time and go to university (40hr a week placements) plus look after the kids, house and pets.

Our agreement was he would do all the house chores and look after the kids and id put in the hours. Unfortunately he had a heart attack in January (stemi) and if i hadn't been in the house to get him to hospital he would have died (complete occlusion of the right coronary artery)

He is ok now but has been taking the piss with chores and I have expressed this. Im not getting up after a 12hr night shift and cleaning the house when he has been in it all day, why should I?

His family (who have never liked me anyway) have openly stated he is less of a man for being a now SAHD and that I have took away his right to be head of the house. He is starting to feel the same and that he shouldn't be doing as much as he is (cleaning, won't walk the dogs i do this before and after my shift, putting a pizza in the oven or phoning a take away.)

I don't stop him from doing what he normally does (he does the odd agency shift, builds, buys and sells cars) but I lost my temper after 6 night shifts in a row and got up to the house filthy and him playing video games. He said he can't be expected to do everything and that it was always my job to make sure the house ran well and that he is still 'recovering'.

AMIA for expecting him to take on the house and kids?

AITA for suggesting to ask our neighbor for home improvement help?

quote:

My husband (35) is not handy. When it comes to anything that requires tools he doesn't know which one is required and most of the time will take the cheap way which always has ended poorly. I (31) happen to be very handy around the house, but I know my limits and when to ask for help.

Recently we purchased a new shelf and let my husband know which type of screws and supports we need so the shelf doesn't ruin our wall, but he refuses to acknowledge the necessity thinkingwe can simply use nails (the shelf is heavy). I suggested we ask our neighbor to help and that I'm sure he has the right tools as he's constantly building or repairing things; my husband was pissed.

Since the argument he hasn't really talked to me and even accused me of cheating with the neighbor. AITA for, in his words, ' belittling him and making him feel like less of a man.' He thinks the neighbors would judge him. Should I have given him the benefit of the doubt and let him try first?

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Tarkus posted:

Who's being his apologist? I think some of you people suffer from brain worms where people who do bad things are forever evil and can never atone and never change, like some sort of Christian zealot. Even if this guy is posting for a self-serving reason, so what. What does it matter? You got an inside track to his mind? Those words could be the cautionary tale for somebody who thinks along the same lines as they did, nothing wrong with that.

Aramoro posted:

Except for the part where it says he is the bad guy? It's just dipshits like you who simultaneously can't read and read way too much into things.
Y'all should probably look inward as to why you're getting so angry at a couple people pointing out the similarly between that dude's stalking behavior and that post.

I don't care if you agree with me or not, but your instinct to go straight for personal attacks is the grossness I was referencing.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for letting my 14yo wear flip flops when the bride requested heels

quote:

My daughter, 14, was invited to be a bridesmaid in my niece’s wedding last minute. One of the bridesmaids backed out and they needed a replacement to make it even.

Everyone was instructed to wear silver heels. My daughter has never worn heels but agreed to try for the wedding. The night before the wedding, my daughter goes to the wedding location(backyard of my aunt’s house, where we were staying) and tests her walking in heels. The aisle is a DIY job of brick done by aunt many years ago. Not stable or easy to walk on, especially in heels.

My daughter starts freaking out because she can’t walk on it but I assure her she just needs to practice.

The day of the wedding comes and she’s near panic attack and begs me to wear her flip flops, they are a basic pair of old navy flip flops but they are silver. I finally give in and say yeah it’s probably safest and will avoid her falling in front of everyone.

Wedding goes on, all is good. Until the pictures come back and the bride realizes my daughter is in flip flops in the pics of her walking down the aisle(you can’t tell she’s wearing flip flops in the formal pics where she’s standing still because her dress covers them)

She texts me demanding explanations but she didn’t like what I had to say. She’s clearly upset with us and I’m just wondering if I did something really wrong letting my daughter wear the flip flops

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Dik Hz posted:

Y'all should probably look inward as to why you're getting so angry at a couple people pointing out the similarly between that dude's stalking behavior and that post.

I don't care if you agree with me or not, but your instinct to go straight for personal attacks is the grossness I was referencing.

Lol, the poster who does personal attacks all the time getting sanctimonious about personal attacks. Fact of the matter is that I am being introspective when I talk about people changing because I've done lovely things in my life and have done my best to change as a person. I'm glad for your sake that you're a paragon of virtue but many of us aren't and all we can do is try to be better and be cognizant of people who are trying to change.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Soylent Pudding posted:

Ban weddings

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Soylent Pudding posted:

LMAO. Probably should have prepared flats, but it's more on the bride for insisting on heels.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Ban weddings

Noooooo! My thread content!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Dik Hz posted:

You initiated the personal attacks by calling people apologists for abuse. Based seemingly in you being unable to read, just projecting what you want to be true onto him. So I'm gonna have to stick with calling you a dipshit.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm assuming it's "less of a man".

Also, lol at the dude who doesn't even know what tools to use feeling emasculated about it. It's 2021, you can literally look up YouTube videos to show you how to do everything from hammering in a nail to building your own house from scratch. If you feel emasculated or whatever, maybe take some responsibility for yourself there buddy. Hell, when we're talking about "hanging a shelf", you can straight up do calculations on various websites indicating the weight that can be supported by a nail compared with various types of screws/supports/etc.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 21, 2021

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
If the weird personal sniping doesn’t stop I’m putting on slow mode.

I would like to inform you all my period is NOT GREAT with this muggy rear end weather rn so my patience is thinner than societal body norms.

Act accordingly

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

this is how my first habbo hotel gf died.
Did she go in the pool :ohdear:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

the least men

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MagusofStars posted:

I'm assuming it's "less of a man".

Also, lol at the dude who doesn't even know what tools to use feeling emasculated about it. It's 2021, you can literally look up YouTube videos to show you how to do everything from hammering in a nail to building your own house from scratch. If you feel emasculated or whatever, maybe take some responsibility for yourself there buddy. Hell, when we're talking about "hanging a shelf", you can straight up do calculations on various websites indicating the weight that can be supported by a nail compared with various types of screws/supports/etc.

strong throughline on those posts of being totally unwilling make any effort on their own part to man up and do the stereotypical man things but being extremely willing to reassert their masculinity by mewling pathetically about it

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018
If we’re diagnosing people with incurable personality disorders based on their posting now why does everyone here want to gently caress their mother? Very curious.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

If we’re diagnosing people with incurable personality disorders based on their posting now why does everyone here want to gently caress their mother? Very curious.

I was adopted by Microwave's mom as a child and thus, tragically never had a chance

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Microwave's mom is hot dude

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

Barudak posted:

I was adopted by Microwave's mom as a child and thus, tragically never had a chance

:hmmyes:

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

How to approach someone when the only time you see them is at their workplace?

quote:

So I met this girl a couple weeks ago while taking my cat to the vet...she works there as an assistant and immediately she seemed as someone I really want to be a part of my life - not necessarily romantically, but even just as a friend. I rarely have the opportunity to meet someone new, especially someone so seemingly likeminded and compatible as her.

We talked briefly and it was enough to spark quite an interest in me. Trust me - this does not happen to me often. She has this magnificent energy and a glow round her. But it's not just that...we both have things in common, similar style, worldviews, and she has a tattoo with a quote that I always admired. (I should probably use that in my advancements somehow)

I really want to get to know her better but I am unsure of what is the best way to approach her in this setting-at her workplace, when she's never alone and almost always too busy.

There is also this issue of age diference (she may be up to 15 years younger, I am male in my late 30s) so I dont want to come across as a some kind of a freak. But I do know I want to get to know her better.

Never done anything like this before and I really don't want to miss this opportunity.

Hoping to get some solid advice.

Edit: To clarify on the age difference

She's 100% not a teen. She's in her early 20s, I'd say 21 the least. I know for sure cause I looked her up on Facebook and saw her highschool graduation year.

I am 37 years old, but I certainly don't look or act like it. I feel young in my heart and if you could erase the few small wrinkles around my eyes I could probably pass as a 25 year old.

So I truly believe this age difference is not a big deal neither for friendship nor a romantic relationship.

tl;dr I met this girl at her workplace and I am not sure how to ask her to get to know her better.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Happitoo posted:

No. Just no. Stop.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Happitoo posted:

Mid-life crisis combined with the guy having manic pixie dream girl delusions. This is ugly.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Happitoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYv2PhG89A

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

It came from r/legaladvice (paragraph breaks added).

(NY) Is it a crime to pierce a baby's ears without permission and can custody get denied over it ?

quote:

My niece is 2 months old. My brother is going through a divorce from his wife, she filed for divorce 6 months ago. Custody hasn't been decided yet but she hasn't stopped my brother from seeing my niece.

My brother had brought my niece to see our mom and our mom pierced her ears during the visit. My brother says he didn't realize she did it until his wife yelled at him when he brought my niece back. Now she is refusing to let my brother visit my niece unless it's at her house and she said she's going to call the cops on our mom.

Would my mom actually be charged with anything? She has no criminal history, excepting one incident where my sister-in-laws doctor received a restraining order against her (I know, I know...my mother now recognizes that her actions around contacting the doctor to find out my niece's gender was wrong and I in no way condone her actions). Also can my sister-in-law really use this to deny custody? She is already trying to use our mom's previous incident to do it even though my mom realizes she was wrong.

I don't live in New York anymore because my wife's job took us out of state and I also have no idea what the criminal or divorce laws in New York are like.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

strong throughline on those posts of being totally unwilling make any effort on their own part to man up and do the stereotypical man things but being extremely willing to reassert their masculinity by mewling pathetically about it

Yeah its beyond pathetic. Like the guy whose wife can chug beer better than him, he has a complete breakdown and flees to his brother, who then calls the wife in the middle of the night to yell at her for making the husband feel like less of a man. These dudes are chuds. They have something severely wrong in their brain that makes them act like this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you're being a creep already enough to look her up on Facebook, just add her as a friend on Facebook. That is outside of work. If she adds you back maybe contact her at some point. If she doesn't take the hint.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The moment I realized that there is literally no female equivalent to the concept of 'emasculation' was the moment I realized patriarchy is embedded in the English language.

I've being thinking about in on and off for years now, and cannot think of a matching word that describes a female person being denied power and respect that is due to her entirely because of her gender.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

It came from r/legaladvice (paragraph breaks added).

(NY) Is it a crime to pierce a baby's ears without permission and can custody get denied over it ?

quote:

My sister-in-law already took her and gave the bill to my brother. The piercings/earrings where were removed entirely. I know my brother is protective of our mom because after the incident with the doctor he disagreed with my sister-in-law but he never expected her to file for divorce and the suddenness threw him off kilter. He never expected an ultimatum. I would just like for him to have custody time with my niece. I'm not in agreement with my mom as much as I love her.

quote:

My brother had a lawyer but she couldn't represent him anymore so he's in the middle of retaining a different lawyer right now. I'll tell him to to talk to that lawyer once the paperwork is signed even though I'm sure he knows but just to be safe. For the other incident with my mom as I said she recognizes that she was wrong and I don't condone nor defend her there. I don't think she should have pierced my nieces ears. I'm just hoping for my brother's sake that he isn't denied custody time by the court.

lol mommy's boy was blindsided by a divorce after defending his restraining order getting mother

Kind of curious just how his lawyer can't represent him anymore, but I'd be willing to bet it involved the mother interfering.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Woodchip posted:

On a tree by a river, a little Throck sits
Throckmorton, Throckmorton, Throckmorton

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pookah posted:

The moment I realized that there is literally no female equivalent to the concept of 'emasculation' was the moment I realized patriarchy is embedded in the English language.

I've being thinking about in on and off for years now, and cannot think of a matching word that describes a female person being denied power and respect that is due to her entirely because of her gender.

It is called being a woman I think.