Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1azfYQFEXZs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

that they bought from fuckin Ebay or something

i wonder how much you can clean up nowadays buying just the worst shittiest clothes from the salvation army and badly stitching band patches on them to sell as "authentic punk battle jackets" to middle-aged gen-Xers and cosplaying tech bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq70KUvn6tc

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

keep your whole squat afloat on piecework and aspirational-lifestyle photos of your broken toilet until you get displaced by some Pakistani factory mass-producing nicotine-stained Dead Kennedys army jackets for $7/unit

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I thought punk jackets were like deeply personal things you hand crafted over time patch by patch, with each patch being some band or something that was important to you. Not some off the shelf pre-created thing you buy and wear with no context.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

I thought punk jackets were like deeply personal things you hand crafted over time patch by patch, with each patch being some band or something that was important to you. Not some off the shelf pre-created thing you buy and wear with no context.

I wonder how much a patch costs at a show

I'm guessing between 20 and 30 bucks

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Baronjutter posted:

They are basically doing dress-up.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Baronjutter posted:

you know how practically every boomer pretends they were a yippie back in the days when like 3/4 of their generation thought MLK got what he had coming, and there's a vast market for Woodstock crap and sweatshop tie-dye?

I just wonder what the youth subculture nostalgia fad is gonna be for old millennials who were too lame to be involved when it was actually happening, $40 fake Occupy merch?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 5, 2021

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I made it about 10 seconds before I cringed myself into physical pain

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

nice. here's the 30 minute keynote version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIibFgdXpkw

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if ever end up at a thing called "successconnect" listening to how to predictive ai machine learn HR hiring or whatever i will consider my career a failure. god tech people are the worst

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Coolest guy there is the one dude in a CSA uniform outraged cause he thought the invite said "secessionist"

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 5, 2021

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

All u need is 3 chords an attitude and an extremely positive end-consumer experience.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

All u need is 3 chords an attitude and an extremely positive end-consumer experience.

Which three chords, though? We need to run some A/Bs on the next tour

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Tristesse posted:

Depending on how cringy that shirt is and depending on the show they're going to that nerd might be marking himself to get beat up by a bunch of punks as well. Especially if he starts trashing punk loudly. His friends are also huge dorks with their fakeass battle jackets but at least they're more likely to blend in.

punk is so fuckin lame

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

haveblue posted:

Which three chords, though? We need to run some A/Bs on the next tour

Have u tried machine learning and disrupting the status quo?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Does the punk scene have a nazi problem or is that just metal? Hentai dude is still better than a nazi.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

YouTube served up a suicide prevention hotline ad in front of this, the algorithm knows what's up

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

DrManiac posted:

Does the punk scene have a nazi problem or is that just metal? Hentai dude is still better than a nazi.

it’s pretty evenly spread out but metalheads don’t know when to tone it down to save their skins.

Source: I have two battle vests

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for expecting my husband not to wake me up in the middle of the night?

quote:

So, I (24f) and my husband (28m) have been married almost five years and we have 2 kids (one is about to be 3 and the other will be 2 at the end of the year) This wasn’t an issue in the beginning of our marriage but only started happening since having kids. I try my best to go to bed by midnight. My kids are great sleepers so most times if I got to bed by midnight then I’ll still get 8 hours of sleep. My husband has been at home due to a work injury for over around 2 months. For the most part we don’t have that many problems. But our one constant is that in the middle of the night or early morning (typically between 3a-6a) he will come to bed after playing video games and he will wake me up. He will wake me up by singing loudly, randomly starting a conversation with me, shaking me awake, or sucking my toes which is something he knows that I absolutely hate! I have tried many different ways to explain to him why this upsets me. I tell him I’m trying to be in a routine for me and the kids and it’s hard to stick to it whenever I don’t get a full nights sleep, I tell him I feel like he doesn’t respect me, that it’s like he’s trying to sleep deprive me etc. I’ve yelled at him for doing this, I’ve cried over it, and he thinks I’m overreacting most of the time. He even thought of coming up with an agreement where he wouldn’t wake me up past 1am and wrote this agreement down. He stuck to it for maybe a week and now it’s been pretty much a nightly thing since then. I am so sick of it and he doesn’t seem to see the harm. So I need to know: am I expecting too much from him? Am I the rear end in a top hat for expecting him not to wake me up in the middle of the night?

Edit to add: I’m a SAHM but I do run my own small business. Also my husband knows that whenever he wakes me up it will typically take me half an hour or longer before I can fall back asleep which is part of the reason I get upset.

Edit to add: he is not unemployed. He has duties to do from home but they do not require a lot of time and he typically does them in between game matches. And he is earning his full income right now. He is present with our kids and spends time with them. He could be better but it’s not like he just ignores them all day. Edit to add: I noticed people wondering what kind of injury. It is a knee injury

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I presume to find more ways in which you can emulate the greatest character in history

As much as I love the games in so many ways like the whole point is that Travis Touchdown's entire wardrobe is as cringe as the devs can possibly make it. I did get the idea of wearing sunglasses hanging off a belt loop from him, which I'm still pretty sure was more trouble than its worth.

DrManiac posted:

Unfortunately hentai nazis are a thing

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DrManiac posted:

You're a lot less likely to get the living poo poo kicked out of you for being a nazi at a punk show now but unless you're in Oregon or something it's still a good way to get bullied by a bunch of 14-year-old hardcore kids

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 5, 2021

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

A swift kick to the face would probably solve this problem.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When ever I see someone with a hentai looking avatar I assume they're a nazi and generally am not wrong. Pervy anime avatars only cover two demographics: pedo nazi's and trans communists. Its pretty easy to quickly tell who's who. Is it a weird sexy monster-demon thing? That's a trans communist, your ally. Is it a child with huge boobs? That's a nazi, your enemy.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

Dead Blow Hammer, right to the chops

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Dead Blow Hammer, right to the chops

Hell, he sucks her toes! His face is perfectly positioned to get kicked in!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Soylent Pudding posted:

channel your inner horse

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Baronjutter posted:

When ever I see someone with a hentai looking avatar I assume they're a nazi and generally am not wrong. Pervy anime avatars only cover two demographics: pedo nazi's and trans communists. Its pretty easy to quickly tell who's who. Is it a weird sexy monster-demon thing? That's a trans communist, your ally. Is it a child with huge boobs? That's a nazi, your enemy.

teen witch posted:

it’s pretty evenly spread out but metalheads don’t know when to tone it down to save their skins.

Source: I have two battle vests

This tracks, because metal is the anime of music

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Soylent Pudding posted:

If she doesn't want to clean blood off the sheets from kicking that fucker in the head next time he sucks her toes to wake her up, when she goes to sleep she should just tell him it's bed time and yank the power cord of whatever he's playing out of the wall.

It would probably torpedo the relationship but that's not exactly a downside at this point.

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for giving my husband an ultimatum?

I break my own promises and drag someone else into medical debt. Now, I have to take responsibility. Revenge!

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

thread title

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

canyoneer posted:

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Jailbird fiance, maybe husband?

quote:

I'll try to be concise about this.

I'm 38F supposed to be getting married this week, August 6. My fiance 42M is involved in a vicious, ugly custody fight with his ex wife (divorced 3 years ago). Yesterday they got in a text message fight and he ended up going to her house and making a scene. She had a restraining order put on him on Saturday because he wouldn't stop sending her angry text messages, again. After the judge granted the order he got in his car and drive directly to her house. The police were called and he was arrested. So he's sitting in jail as we speak. However, we were supposed to go get our marriage license that day and then get married 6 days later. Can't do that if he's in jail. So obviously I was left to postpone the wedding. Only now I'm wondering if I should not only postpone the wedding but if I should just cancel the wedding altogether and break up with him. He clearly has issues. But are they the kind of issues we can work through? Or does he need to work through those things alone? I'm so confused.

TL:DR my fiance is in jail, should we work things out or should I leave him?

UPDATE: thank you all for smacking some sense into me and helping me see the obvious choice! I He was released this morning so I texted him and broke up (being physically near him probably not smart). You guys were right, he went ballistic on me. The meanest, nastiest, borderline evil things you can say to someone, he said to me. It only confirmed I did the right thing. And made me glad I live 5 hours away from him. He is a scary person. Glad I'm done with that! Thanks internet strangers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Trying to pretend your hardcore because of what music you listen to is the weirdest thing

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

metachronos posted:

thread title

Thread titles should always be direct quotes from posted stories, not comments about them imo.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Jailbird fiance, maybe husband?

Didn’t expect that from Reddit lol

It did take me one relationship to learn that if you’re scared about breaking up with someone because they would get revenge you’re just prolonging the inevitable pain on making less likely to happen on your terms.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 5, 2021

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

SirSamVimes posted:

Thread titles should always be direct quotes from posted stories, not comments about them imo.

I agree.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

General Bullshit > r/relationships: I agree

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
lol if you think anything is punk post gg allin

that gross piece of poo poo put a period on the entire genre by taking it to its logical conclusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Tristesse posted:

Depending on how cringy that shirt is and depending on the show they're going to that nerd might be marking himself to get beat up by a bunch of punks as well. Especially if he starts trashing punk loudly. His friends are also huge dorks with their fakeass battle jackets but at least they're more likely to blend in.

Reminder that punk is actually boy bands, and the little pokemon jacket patches thing is a perfect tie in collectible for a boy band.