Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

It should also be mentioned Ciri is considered to be the main character's surrogate daughter.

With attic guy you know over the years those bottles have broken down from the heat in the attic and there was probably gallons of years old piss soaked into everything. They'll have to either demolish the attic or get one of those companies that cleans up crime scenes. Even then its probably safer to destroy the whole house and kill the man, obviously. I'm glad that situation was easier than telling your wife of many years you have a minor medical condition. The cum shirts though, :wtfdude:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I get that the concept of having a poop knife is apeshit enough as it is but I was taken aback at him thinking not making GBS threads in 2 days is a normal and common occurrence.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

In civilized stores like wholefoods they will make you a smoothie and print out a bar code.

you can drink it while you shop, then pay for it later using the bar code.

They also have this:

Clearly you are supposed to consume these items before you check out.

Anything else is something that cavemen would do.

I'm pretty sure that beer is not for drinking in the supermarket. Seems like an easy way for them to lose their liquor license.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Shroomie posted:

No, it is. "Drink while you shop" has become a new thing in places where it's legal.

There are tons of Whole Foods with bars in them. Lucky's Markets have bars. I just read somewhere Barnes & Noble is even putting bars in their stores.

There is a Whole Foods near me too that has a bar in it but I doubt people could order a beer than leave the bar area with it. I'm willing to admit being wrong since I live in the Midwest and liquor laws are bonkers all over. I remember spending untold hours in bars with my dad while growing up in Wisconsin but when my mom moved to Indiana I learned kids are not allowed in bars and no alcohol on Sunday. Was a wierd culture shock for a 10 year old.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Lucrece posted:

Help need an opinion/advice on a little predicament in my life... my boyfriend got me a gift I was not ready for!! A doggie!!!

Anybody who surprise gifts someone a pet is an unbelieveable piece of poo poo. "Gifting" someone the responsibility of taking care of a living thing for years for fun, what a oval office. Especially since the story makes it seem like it wasn't so much a gift for her as a gift for him months later and at worst was a way to trap her into the relationship. "You can't break up with me and we have to move in together because we now have a dog to take care of."

That dog at best is going to wind up in a shelter and at worst just abandoned on the side of the road by an owner that never wanted it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Play posted:

Holy poo poo, just bring some booze to work dude. Nothing's worth drinking hand sanitizer lmao

When I was in basic we weren't allowed rubbing alcohol for obvious reasons. I want to say hand sanitizer too but I think myself and some other people had those small bottles with us.

Had my can of whatever that compressed poo poo you use to clean computers with taken away from me in Iraq because someone from another platoon wouldn't stop getting high off of them. At the same time a buddy of mine would have his family send him bottles of coke half filled with whiskey and go to the USO to get drunk.

I guess what I'm saying is people will get high/drunk any way they can in the dumbest/most dangerous ways they can.

Edit: Well that was a lovely page snipe. I would grab something off of reddit but I don't have an account. Reading this thread makes me think that is a good thing.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Lol at keto dude thinking taking all the meat and just leaving the bread was a fair compromise. "If people want to try your sandwiches I left the bread for them. What's the big deal?"

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for cutting up and altering my wedding dress into a functional dress instead of giving it to my sister who can't afford an expensive dress?

I need an unbiased opinion on this because I don't know if i was the rear end in a top hat.

Throwaway because I am active in other communities and I don't want this to mix.

So I was supposed to get married 2 moths ago to my ex partner of 5 years. Sadly we broke it off because he cheated on me on his bachelor party with a striper.

I had this beautiful dress that cost me arround 2k dollars (out of my pocket). I had been very depressed since everything happened because I felt it was somehow my fault for not being sexy enough or not giving him what he wanted. So last weekend I decided to "take my power back" and I began altering the dress. I have been sewing for 15 plus years so I know what I am doing. I cut it a bit, changed the color to something less wedding-y and after a week of work I had a beautiful gown that I could use for more stuff.

The problem comes now. I uploaded that picture of the dress to Instagram with a caption that said something along the lines of " you can change the worst memories" or some poo poo like that.

My sister hits me up and asks me if that was my old wedding dress and I told her yes. She then called me and asked me why I had done this. I asked her why it was such a big deal. And she told me that I could have waited till after he wedding. I was so confused. Then she reminded me that when we were staying at the hotel where my wedding was supposed to happen my mom and sister where there cheering me up and my sister said something along the lines of "oh well if you are not using it i will". We all laughed so I thought it was a joke because it was never brought up again after. She just asked me once what material it was so I assumed she wanted something similar.

Now my sister is mad at me and my mom says she understands our povs. But that I could have waited 5 more moths till after her wedding to "take my power back"

AITA?

Edit : yes he hosed the stripper please stop asking me

I love the mom in this one. Asking someone who just had an important mental health breakthrough why she couldn't just wait a few months to get better so her sister wouldn't be inconvienenced.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Sjs00 posted:

Have you met an American

FTFY

Edit:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for banning my younger brother from my home?

found a bottle of bong water

I don't even, what? Just a bottle of the water, not a bong or anything else? Was this guy so far gone he was drinking old bong water, that isn't even in a bong, to get high?

Its even better if he was buying it from someone.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 21, 2020

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Does Jillian Michaels win if I lose weight?

"I can still be fat-positive as a thin person." Lol this lady is delusional. The second she loses weight all her "friends" in the fat acceptance movement will call her a traitor and cut contact with her if they can't guilt her into putting all the weight back on and then some to make amends for her heresy. Doesn't matter how much she supports them staying fat or claims its only for health reasons.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

gently caress Your Website posted:

Nah, Rob Lowe’s sons know how to handle this type of situation:
https://www.boredpanda.com/rob-lowe-sons-troll-father-instagram/

More like Arnold Schwarzenegger’s goon-looking son who hasn’t leaned into the exercise thing like his brother.

That article is amazing.

"What a wonderful crowd at my vegas show!"
"Stamos would have sold out the theater."
:iceburn:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for ruining my friends wedding with metal?

In case anyone was wondering this is the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M2hLZ0j7Gw

Imagining a normal wedding going on when suddenly this BLARES through the speakers had me dying of laughter.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

An interesting companion piece to the "People asked why I wasn't drinking and asked if I was pregnant, which I was" story from the other day. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

My sister learned she was pregnant with her second kid a few days before a cousin's wedding and told me at the wedding. Other than the husband I was the only other person she had told. She didn't want to tell anyone else, including me, but she wanted my help to cover for her in case anyone bought her a drink. We sat next to each other at dinner and I would drink some of her beer to make it look like nothing was wrong. What caused people to finaly catch on was when we ordered dinner. She ordered her steak well done and another cousin who is a nurse asked her why she did that. She said she was trying something new. He looked at her and immediately asked if she was pregnant because I guess you shouldn't eat red meat while pregnant? She finally admitted it to him and he promised to keep it a secret. The problem is he wasn't the only doctor/nurse in our family and people caught on and she couldn't hide it anymore.

Even if you do everything you can to keep a pregnancy at a wedding a secret its still surprisingly easy to be found out.

I should mention the cousin getting married didn't care and knew the last thing my sister wanted ro do was be the center of attention.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 12, 2020

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah you're not supposed to go around announcing other people's pregnancies for them, wtf

that's a SERIOUS breach of basic etiquette regarding this poo poo

It wasn't other people announcing it, more along the lines of other people being around hearing it and asking that it hit that critcal mass of people knowing my sister just said gently caress it. She tried to play it off at first as a lifestyle change she was making but the people at the wedding refused to believe anyone would order a steak well done. Her husband and I tried to cover for her but they wouldn't drop the steak nightmare they had borne witness to.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

cumshitter posted:

Cum won't gently caress up your teeth but maybe don't smile if you're going to a club or someplace where you could reasonably expect blacklights.

Everytime I think I can't learn anything new from Cumshitter he surprises me again. It makes sense, its just something I never would have experienced/thought about.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for ACCIDENTALLY announcing my pregnancy at my sister's wedding and not apologising?

This story is from a few days ago and even though something similar is posted on a fairly regular basis people are still surprised its hard to keep a pregnancy a secret at a wedding? It doesn't matter if you have a story set up, tell people its a life choice, or whatever, a wedding is THE place to harass any woman who might be conceivably pregnant until she tells you she is. I'll repost this story from earlier in the thread to prove it.

limp_cheese posted:

My sister learned she was pregnant with her second kid a few days before a cousin's wedding and told me at the wedding. Other than the husband I was the only other person she had told. She didn't want to tell anyone else, including me, but she wanted my help to cover for her in case anyone bought her a drink. We sat next to each other at dinner and I would drink some of her beer to make it look like nothing was wrong. What caused people to finally catch on was when we ordered dinner. She ordered her steak well done and another cousin, who is a nurse, asked her why she did that. She said she was trying something new. He looked at her and immediately asked if she was pregnant because I guess you shouldn't eat red meat while pregnant? She finally admitted it to him and he promised to keep it a secret. The problem is he wasn't the only doctor/nurse in our family and people caught on and she couldn't hide it anymore.

Even if you do everything you can to keep a pregnancy at a wedding a secret its still surprisingly easy to be found out.

I should mention the cousin getting married didn't care and knew the last thing my sister wanted ro do was be the center of attention.

Its like people can loving smell it on them or something...

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The brother also had the choice taken away from. Maybe he would have stayed on his honeymoon because he knew that's what his dad would have wanted.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I wasn't sure what to think about that until she mentioned one of the conditions for her living there is she "can't sass or talk back to him." gently caress that and that brother is a piece of poo poo. The edits are all good but I think that's the buried lede. Especially when learning that rear end in a top hat doesn't pay rent and it isn't even his house.

I guess none of that matters though because brother's dad is back in the house and I doubt brother is in charge anymore.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I don't know why but I am still surprised at how many men look at a clearly visible landmine that says "joke about my girlfriend's small boobs" and still walk over it without a second thought.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

"then she will talk to Ryan about his attitude"

No she won't. Even if she did he wouldn't listen/care.

Nothing would change and no one would learn anything, a happy ending for Ryan.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I'm trying to figure out why the couple that broke up couldn't just push the beds together. I seem to remember a cliche from the "Leave it to Beaver" era where married couples slept in seperate beds to maintain their sexual purity and pushed them together when it was rime to make another kid.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean I don't have any features that stand out enough to get stared at, but I've never once been out anywhere and seen people just randomly run up to someone else to insult them, or outright clutch their chest and gasp in horror while pointing like a 1930s horror movie character at something pretty benign, no matter how much alcohol may be flowing in the area. In fact, I've more often seen people who think everyone is taunting them suddenly freak out on bystanders.

My face is a bit hosed up and has scars on it. People always tell me its not noticable but they are not around when people, especially kids, point, stare, and sometimes ask loudly "what's wrong with that man's face?" When I tried wearing an eye patch the stares and pointing became MUCH worse. That's understandable but still wears on ya. I can believe people are acting that way and that it seems to happen when she is by herself in public. I've noticed people are less likely to do those things if someone else is there with me.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

One of my favorite posts is the guy who pissed into bottles and masturbated into dress shirts then threw them into the attic. He never emptied the attic of those things and his wife finds the treasure trove atter he had done that for years. She immediately leaves and he is wondering how to fix this.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

haveblue posted:

What about the guy who wanted to eat 10,000 pizzas in a row for internet fame even though it was destroying his family and relationship?

Like, he was about to go on a European vacation and all the plans he had made were about how he was going to sneak off and find pizza for every meal

I forgot about that one. His gf begs him to just put the record on hold for just the vacarion but he can't because all his followers are counting on him to keep up the record. He was planning on bringing frozen pizza with him to Germany in case he couldn't find any. Classic.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Story I was looking for

That's the one! Thank you.

Edit:

Cobalt-60 posted:

For thread highlights/bestof, can't believe no one's brought up the "it was only half a 3 ft sub" guy.

Holy gently caress that one was amazing too.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 14, 2020

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm kinda mixed on this because every vegetarian I know does bring their own sides to things like that but the hosts will also naturally make something for them too. Just being naturally considerate of each other. Showing up empty handed and then getting huffy that people didn't go out of their way for your self imposed restrictions seems rude to me but had I been hosting the bbq there woulda been plenty of vegan stuff naturally cause like why you gonna fire up a grill and not throw any vegetables on it so it wouldn't have been a problem regardless.

I guy that I used to onow would always throw a huge BBQ once a year around Oktoberfest. When anyone would ask him about vegetables or if he had something other than meat and bread he would laugh at you and say "We don't eat rabbit food aeound here." Eventually he would tell you he had some in the house but he always acted like having anything other than meat and bread was unmanly. I'm not even talking about being a vegetarian, juat wanting lettuce or tomato on a burger was met with scorn and ridicule so I can believe someone not having ANY fruits or vegetables in the house. Everytime I heard him say "rabbit food" with scorn and disgust I died a little inside.

We acrually met each other through a mutual friend who was vegetarian and would always be at his parties. He always made a huge deal about finding something for her ro eat.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for making fiancé miss his deployment?

I know this is from a few pages back but just lol that she thought getting pregnant should stop him from being deployed. A guy iin my unit had his Army contract expre in May but they stop lossed him so he could deply with us in June for a year. He fought that through every channel he could and his usual answer was "lol get hosed. Have fun in Iraq!"

The only people that didn't get deployed were a few women in my unit who got pregnant all of a sudden. I don't blame them for getting pregnant to avoid deplyment. This was 2006 at the height of Iraq violence.

Now the woman who lied about being pregnant is a different story. When she was eventually deplyed she became a pariah that no one trusted. We did have one guy not get deplyed but that was because he went AWOL and was thrown in jail.

That's the kind of professionalism you find in the Military Police.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Huntersoninski posted:

But you see, the controlling, abusive loser is a MAN, so his ability to control and abuse should more important than a lowly woman's right to life without anxiety from having her every move monitored by an abusive loser. Bro code apparently means enabling the harm men cause women, and by treating a woman like she matters, the code is BROKEN.

I'm always surprised when other men try to justify terrible and sexist behaviour behind a "brocode." They try to play it off to me as normal guy stuff but when I tell them, as a man, that stuff is not ok or normal to treat women like that they are shocked. They will continue to insist it is normal, locker room guy talk and surely I talk like that all the time to right? They continue to be shocked when I tell them no.

I would call them friends but I've learned people like that don't deserve my friendship.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for buying my niece a car?

Reddit declared him the rear end in a top hat for not asking his brother's permission first.

I would say ESH except for the niece. The guy who bought the car for not even telling his brother and thinking "20k isn't much and doesn't matter" and the brother for saying "making life hard on purpose for my daughter builds character, no handouts." I also want to call the brother a dick for buying his niece a rolling deathtrap but unreliable narrator and that might have been the best he could afford.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for having standards for the shows I watch?

Why do people make posts like this and not include examples of what they like?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

There wasn't a sickle but there definitely was a hammer.

God that movie is amazing.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Cobalt-60 posted:

How tf can you tell if a car is driven by a veteran? Military bumper stickers?

You can tell with my car because I have a purple heart license plate. I obviously had to prove it with documentation and it is honestly worth it since I didn't have to pay anything for the license plate and cops leave me alone. There are other military license plates saying you were in whatever branch or specifically an award you got like purple heart, bronze star, poo poo like that. There a surprising ampunt of them.

There also obviously bumper stickers and the like but any rear end in a top hat can buy those. The people who are the most vocal about this poo poo either didn't serve or was never deplyed.

Those spots are loving dumb though. If the veteran is disabled enough that they need that spot they would have a handicap placard. The combination of military worship and sheer American laziness is disgusting.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

....on one hand, 13 is really old to be getting the sex ed talk

lol I see you didn't grow up in the Midwest or South.

Whenever "getting the sex talk" conversations come up I rack my brain to remember when my parents gave me that talk and I don't know if they ever did.

Even more lol if you think sex ed was offered/taught in anyway other than "never have sex and sex results in pregnancy everytime."

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

935 posted:

Was it a reddit post or was it here in SA that a wife discovered her husband was making GBS threads in the bathtub then stomping on it with his foot to get it down the drain? For absolutely no reason what so ever, the toilet was 2 feet away from the bathtub.

Good ole wafflestomping. That's definitely a goon thing.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for canceling my girlfriend's Blue Apron subscription?

I'm trying to figure out who cooks in this story. I'm assuming its the woman since she has the subscription but he mentions he's tired of her not cooking.

Its probably something stupid like he doesn't believe cooking the Blue Apron meals is actually proper cooking.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

chemtrail huffer posted:

AITA for refusing to use “hiney cloth”?

So how bad is putting olive oil in your vagina? I'm assuming its not causing yeast infections but it can't be good. Not to mention her rear end in a top hat probably isn't clean and she is pouring olive oil on it. Like the face is weird enough and she has to have terrible acne but pouring olive oil on your rear end in a top hat and then exposing it to the sun is just loving bonkers. She has to be cooking her rear end in a top hat by this point right?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Totally up to the person giving birth for sure, I just didn’t know if having a parent vs spouse in was common these days. Just have my own experience to go off

Assuming she is giving birth in a few weeks she might not be able to have anyone in the room with her, because of COVID, and depending on if anyone tests positive for the COVID the baby might be put into quarantine away from the parents for 2 weeks. My sister is due to give birth in a week or two and these are some of the things her doctor told her might happen. Luckily her husband can be in the room when she gives birth but that was quesrionable for weeks and I'm pretty sure he has to quarantine for 2 weeks beforehand or jump through a bunch of other hoops.

Knowing all that I wonder if that rear end in a top hat would change his mind on what he considers important for child birth. I doubt it and he would be yelling at the doctors for having the loving GALL to deny him or his family physical contact with the baby.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I even like the excuse that it was old. That cat is at worst 12 years old. If its lucky its got another 8 years in it.

LOL too at the dog hater. That level of being an rear end is loving impressive.

"You jeed ro get rid of your dog that dad gave you by the 6 month anniversary of Dad's death." loving cold.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Oh god he’s loving himself with the butter isn’t he?

Since she says he isn't overweight I like to think its part of his exercise routine. Its like a penance thing. He forces himself to stare at that stick of butter, to look at what he denies himself. He throws the butter in the toilet and watches it dissolve for 45 minutes before flushing to toilet to get rid of that poo poo. With his penance now complete he can face the world, knowing he will resist the temptation to eat an entire stick of butter for a few more days. Until the next craving hits, because there is always a next craving...

Or the boring answer and its a sex thing.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Something I've noticed while argueing with conservatives is the sanctity of "My Opinion." It doesn't matter how reprehensible their views are, they can just say its their opinion and figure the matter is dead since opinions cannot be right or wrong. If you call them on it they get angry that you are trying to silence their opinion and being disrespectful and we can never know if their opinion was right or wrong. It makes it easy to be a piece of poo poo since we can never know for sure who's right, we just have to agree to disagree that we have valid and differing opinions. It also allows them to deny reality. Did Donald Trump tell people to inject themselves with disinfectant? We'll never know because our opinions are different and equally valid.

A real world example is my mom telling me racism doesn't exist in the USA. Its just her opinion and she doesn't understand why I am fighting her on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (30F) think my fiance (39M) is downplaying how involved his family is with crime. I just want him to be honest with me.

From poo poo I've seen and read this just sounds like normal eastern European behavior.