Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Chomp8645 posted:

Well I mean there's some serious comedy logic in that math. Doing your hair and nails sure. But you can't ding the full cost of the dress/shoes/bag/loving jewelry every single event lol.

That's like a tradesman factoring the cost of a pair a workboots every single day as expenses.
Her specific complaint is that she is pressured to buy new dress, shoes, etc. for every event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

QuarkJets posted:

OP thinks Alabama is a country

No you're thinking of Georgia.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I think the point we are all overlooking here is that pencil dick apparently stuck the condom up her pee hole.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Trash dude should box it all up, put the dumper's address on the return label, and mail it to the local cops.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Seik posted:

Are you joking? For one, you definitely deserve to know the sexuality of the person you're dating, and for another you can't compare what you deserve to know about someone when it comes to being in a relationship with them vs not.

Wasn't there a story in the old thread where the OP had a trans friend, and insisted on "revealing the truth" to the friend's boyfriend because they were sure the trans person was keeping it a secret? But it turned out to be not a surprise to the bf and they both thought the OP was just a creeper. I assumed this was a reference to that kind of busybody.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

OP was like "in fact i can remember a time when Italians weren't considered white" so she must be 102 years old.
True story, when Spike Lee's Jungle Fever came out, I heard a conversation (within my family) about how it's weird they cast an Italian woman instead of a white woman, because now the underlying premise didn't make sense. So... yeah, that's small-town (Scandinavian heritage) America for ya.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Straight White Shark posted:

one thing led to another, and long story short fast-forward I made a deliberate decision to gently caress someone other than my spouse

FTFY

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

LadyPictureShow posted:

They're some dumb-dumb whose posts all seem to hinge on fried chicken and socking it to vegans.

Wait, so is Portabella's mom the vegan who was hiding buckets of KFC in the garage?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Also why is he so set on the idea that she can't knit and spend time with him simultaneously? Every knitter I know can multitask unless it's a complicated cableknit or the like. Is 'spend time with me' just his secret code for blowjobs or something?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

tinytort posted:

I was figuring this was going to be "they say I stink, but why should I wash more than once a month even during summer" and was pleasantly surprised.

Also, good on her for getting out. Wtf even was with him just giving her toiletries (presumably deodorant and shampoo?) to his 9 year old sister, though and not even telling her?
NBD, he just doesn't find his girlfriend attractive unless she smells exactly like his 9 year old sister.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Pirate Radar posted:

The mayo pepper thing sounds like they heard about a jalapeño popper or a chile relleno and decided to use what they had?

The “you don’t respect her culture” thing makes me think that either a) the boyfriend isn’t white or b) he is, but the girlfriend’s family is extremely sectarian and racist and draws a hard line between separate cultures within white America—I mean I’m assuming they’re American because of the mayo and butter, there’s nothing in the post that actually specifies a country

Or it would be funny if it actually was chile rellenos, and he is just so sheltered and weird that he saw gooey white stuff in peppers and assumed it was mayo. This is what I will choose to believe unless/until proven otherwise.

(Eating butter straight is still gross, and I say that as someone who has eaten Nutella with a spoon.)

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Puppy Time posted:

Honestly it's really lovely that people think dudes around little girl stuff is creepy, and if the guy wasn't being weirdly drunk or anything and was just enjoying his crab cakes, I'm all for it.

Like yeah molesters exist but they're far and away the minority and there are better ways to deal with them than forcing all dudes to stay at least 30 feet away from children at all times. Let the weird dude have his crab cakes in peace.

Based on his self-assessment of "slightly tipsy" I choose to assume he was slobbering drunk and hitting on all the waitresses.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Dude should let his friend keep making repayments if he insists, and then later use that money to pay for a bro-cation together. Problem solved!

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Hughlander posted:

I think everyplace I've been at and even in school if there was a repeat name people just used last names. It doesn't help that where I am now there are 6 Matt's, 3 David's, and 4 Chris's.

wheatpuppy posted:

In my very small school (maybe 18 kids in the 3rd grade class?) there were two unrelated girls named Eliza Chalmers. They were known as Eliza Chalmers Short Hair and Eliza Chalmers Long Hair up to high school graduation (despite any intervening haircuts).

It's ok to give someone a nickname if they are cool with it, but straight-up changing somebody's name against their will is creepy-evil.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Odd posted:

Yeah well if she enjoyed it why did she pull her hair in a ponytail but not? Explain that socrates

Someone here on SA recently theorized that she was pulling her hair back to wring the water out of it.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

cumshitter posted:

YTA nearly across the board in the replies, except for 1 INFO and a tepid "I hesitate to call YTA [because I'm a big weenie]."

There were 4 NTA responses and one ESH but they're all downvoted into not being visible, with each one explaining how you're supposed to wear a yarmulke in a synagogue.

I know literally almost nothing about Judaism, but is it acceptable to wear some other kind of hat? Like can they just let him wear his favorite trilby instead?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

quote:

And my family blew up at me for making a family matter public and I am not sure I'll ever see that money again
Aww, don't worry, you were never going to see that money regardless.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

pentyne posted:

Yeah it doesn't seem like one of those things where she needs to keep them happy to stay in the will. They expected their estranged daughter to feed, clothe, and home the person who tormented her for being gay just like that. She's absolutely going to get harassed to babysit, run errands, help out in all the ways etc. All the family members telling her "be the bigger person" are just desperately hoping they don't get asked next.

If anything I'd 100% expect the OP to end up having the 'conversation' with the parents where they tell her they're removing her from the will because the younger daughter just needs it more.

Yeah the whole "we will give money to my parents but not my sister" part is just ignoring the fact that the parents will turn right around and give it to the sister anyway.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

SiKboy posted:

You surely mean "We never forgot that, when we needed it, she lent us the money we asked for", right?

No, you don't understand. When someone borrows money from me, of course I have to protect myself with a legally binding repayment contract. But when I need money and can't get a bank loan, they should just trust me! After all they have plenty of liquid cash so they can afford be careless with it.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Goddammit, quote is not edit.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Sagebrush posted:

i only learned that "kevin" is apparently the male version of "karen" literally last week, and nobody i know uses it that way, so i think this is not a real problem

From what I recall of Reddit canon, "Ken" is the male Karen. "Kevin" is codename for a complete idiot. So terminally online people might mock the name anyway but not for the reason she thinks.

I really want to know what "new" gaining-in-popularity names she suggested.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA for saying something “Misogynistic”

The stretch marks comment is confusing the hell out of me
Maybe she is one of those women who believe tits should be in a bra at all times, waking and sleeping, or gravity will drag them into stretchy flaps?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

In the South, native ancestry is usually code for black ancestry.

Conversely, Henry Louis Gates taught me that many black southerners also had a mythical "Cherokee princess" in the family tree to explain straight hair and high cheekbones.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Traxus IV posted:

It's petty as hell but I'd be tempted to go in the next day and report her for threatening department productivity in an attempt to coerce me into doing her job for her.
That is pretty much textbook retaliation though - she's new and just learned the rules, so she reports infractions like she was instructed. Then she's told to stop, by someone who doesnt have the authority to make that decision, and then OP starts refusing to work with her as previously agreed. If the rules are petty and shouldn't be reported, it's up to the boss to make that clear to everyone.

wilderthanmild posted:

I agree that's almost certainly a troll. I don't think anyone anywhere thinks 280k is lower class. A real person with no self awareness but a lot of money would have called them middle class or something. Unless I'm reading that wrong?
I read it as 280ķ in total student loan debt? But yeah, still not really a measure of lower class.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

The_Franz posted:

sounds like some really structurally lovely apartments if you can hear conversations at normal volumes through the floor

Wasn't there a story like that in a prior thread and it turned out the noisy neighbors were actually schizophrenic hallucinations?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Skippy McPants posted:

I've never hired a stripper, so I don't know how this works but don't they have, like, some kind of check-in with the client to make sure they're cool with it before they start giving them a lap dance?

It seems like doing otherwise would escalate to criminal activity pretty loving fast in addition to being, you know, a real poo poo thing to do to someone.

I dunno about all strippers, but my sister's bachelorette party stripper had the same lack of boundaries described here. She was 100% not into it but he had no qualms about literally holding her down and grinding his crotch in her face. The photos of her unutterably bored expression framed by his sparkly g-string (and surrounded by hooting drunken "friends") had pride of place in her wedding album.

To be fair though I have no idea if he was a professional stripper. He might have just been some dude they hired off his barstool in the local convenience/bait/liquor store.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Zil posted:

OP has either had sex with SIL or is planning to.

From the ages, wife and SIL are twins. So you can't expect him to be able to tell them apart when he accidentally wanders into her room in the middle of the night.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

8one6 posted:

20%

Nice try though.

Wait is this the tipping derail or the circumcision derail? Because if it's the latter, 20% seems a little excessive.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA for asking my girlfriend to throw out her ex's things?

"Get this, she even still wants to keep the ex's KIDS and started to cry when I suggested she donate them to a shelter. It's like she doesn't consider my feelings at all!"

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

haveblue posted:

Counterprank: squint at the DNA test and say “that’s weird, I only cheat on you with women”

She sends a text to the cousin saying "whew that was close, I thought he finally found out about us, thank goodness he didnt ACTUALLY do a DNA test" and let hubby "accidentally" see it. After he melts down, "haha it was just a prank here's divorce papers for real tho."

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

RoboRodent posted:

There used to be a McDonalds in town where at the entrance they had one of those height strips to help ID thieves, I guess that's what they're for. Anyway the person who'd put it up was clearly someone who insisted they were six feet when they were actually more like 5'6", and I recall my dad (who's maybe just a hair over 6') once noticing this and laughing that according to this strip he was 6'7".

I'm 5'5 1/2" almost exactly (which seems like a nice height to be), and periodically I get "that can't be right, I'm 5'6" and you're a couple inches taller than me" but no, honestly, I haven't grown at all since I was fifteen and the tape measure still says that I'm 5'5 1/2", but sure buddy, you're 5'6".

Those measuring guides are supposed to be a little offset if the security camera is above it angled down, iirc. But yeah, more likely someone just stuck it up any which way it fit.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

quote:

Pirate Radar posted:

ofc it's some weird rear end thin blue line poo poo for educators. Can't ever stand to see a fellow teacher eat a big bowl of poo poo for their actions.

Lines like this one about the pigs never make sense to me because no, they’re not pigs, they’re perfectly “respectable” members of society. The metaphor is supposed to put them lower than you, but the reality is that they’re not.

The "pigs" in this metaphor are the people who read the interview and then started trying to hold the bully teacher accountable for her past actions. The ESH poster is calling the OP a mudslinger who is encouraging the public to disrespect the "respectable" authority figure. In her world, anyone who ignores "decorum" is a pig.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Haulin Oates posted:

A few people advised her to buy a glitter bomb or report the theft to the post office, since the HOA won't do anything

True, although there are services that let you send someone a package of gorilla poo. Plus she'd technically be the recipient of the pads, not the sender, and she's not actually using the post office because she's delivering the packages herself. And since there's no camera pointed at the mailboxes themselves, there's no evidence that she would be the one to put it in her own mailbox as bait. Also, complaining to the post office about the OP's biohazard packages would be telling on himself.

Except the part where she posted on the internet that she's going to put some biohazard material in a place where she knows he's going to end up with it. It's like the people who put laxatives in their lunch to foil lunch thieves and get in trouble. Which, granted, none of it would be a problem if people just didn't steal poo poo all the time.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

mllaneza posted:

Yeah, she can gently caress right off.
It's worth pointing out again, if only to engender the correct mental image, that the OP of that post is the husband. The person who fell to the ground screaming and sobbing on multiple occasions is a middle-aged man.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Barudak posted:

So this is where I find out nobody else had heated discussions about if a dude was background check worthy? Cause its not free but like you need to know but is he really worth that money? Maybe you just keep him arms length out of your life.

This sounds very "Sex and the City" tbh. In smaller communities I think you just rely on neighbors and relatives to spill all the tea.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
What kind of therapy is "head therapy" and what machines does it involve?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

The_Franz posted:

that's the american way: your horse is exhausted and can't go any further? let it rest? no, just beat it harder!

Tbf though "resting your dead horse" doesn't seem like it'd be particularly effective either.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

pentyne posted:

I would assume if you were planning to let them live with you they'd at least sign a lease or you'd get their full name for documentation purposes.

I'm completely understanding of people who don't know full names but two brothers who have made a deliberate habit of it, also playing ignorant and lying to a cop trying to use the argument "well technically I don't know his full name :smug:" I have a hard time believing there's nothing else shady going on.

Also "the cops kept telling her to go back in the house" gives me flashbacks of old COPS episodes. Like I envision the wife came out screaming and finger-pointing or something.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
r/relationships: I should grow the gently caress up and learn to love her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Sisal Two-Step posted:

This is so loving funny. I love the sub simulator.

Sometimes it actually gives decent advice?

quote:

I don't know the first thing about relationships, but from what I have read, you have a lot of growing up to do with this one. She is probably trying to be a friend, but you don't really seem to enjoy being around her. I don't know what else to say.

I'm not saying all of this to be mean or anything. If you are in high school, there will be another girl who would probably do better for you. But you need to find out what works best for you.

I hope you find happiness soon.