Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for being disgusted that/embarrasing my boyfriend for jerking off at work?

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime
That's why I cum on company time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

Birthday planning drama between a bunch of women nearly 30 years old.

Burlesque, not even once

quote:

burlesque dance/cake sitting

What

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Dude inherited millions from his piece of poo poo father, it's not like he earned it in any way either lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
My man, this thread is almost nothing but people with too much time on their hands

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I still refuse to believe findomming is real and that's it just a large hoax that everyone runs with

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

MagusofStars posted:

Older sibling gifts are usually given for siblings who are like 6 years old or whatever, too young to know anything about where babies come from except whatever bullshit stork/prayer/mailbox/etc story your parents tell you. The purpose is just so that the older kid doesn't get jealous and resentful when nobody gives a poo poo about you any more and all the attention is on the baby.

My parents gave me a pokemon comic "from" my younger brother when I went to visit her in the hospital after she gave birth to him. I said thanks and then went to read it in the bathroom in her room while I took a dump.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

WIBTA If I created an autobot to reply to my girlfriend?

lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Licarn posted:

I [20M] do not understand why every girl I try to speak to ignores me

1. Nothing wrong with me

2. Nothing wrong with me

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't understand what that's supposed to be a retaliation against

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Buying an "I don't gently caress fat chicks windshield decal". That'll show my fat ex girlfriend that dumped me.

Hell of a self own

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

It took me a moment to realize that you meant a debutante ball, not a party where you stand up and say “i’m gay”

That's every party

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not letting my husband go to the funeral of the baby he conceived with his Mistress?

This is extremely difficult to talk about with anyone I actually know, and is a secret from a lot of friends and family members. Posting on an alt in the hope that people here can give me an honest answer.

My husband of 10 years had an affair that lasted approximately 6 months. He cut it off when I found out, we went to couple’s counseling, etc. Turns out the woman was pregnant though and intent on keeping the baby. I understood that if she gave birth, my husband would have to do his part in supporting that child (at the very least, financially).

Tragically though, the baby was stillborn. I wasn’t looking forward to this baby coming but I didn’t wish for this either. My husband’s former mistress has sent details about the funeral. I don’t think he should attend. He never got to meet this child and wasn’t even there at the hospital when everything happened. If this was a child he knew at all, of course my opinion would be different. But as of now, I don’t feel comfortable with him going. He (bizarrely) said maybe I should go with him. That’s a no. I obviously am not going to attend this funeral and make the woman and her whole family uncomfortable. Despite my disdain for her, I am not going to disrupt her mourning.

There are a few people in the family that are aware of the situation. My husband’s sister, my MIL, and my mother. His sister thinks he should go to the funeral. My mother says if he goes I should divorce him. MIL refuses to comment on the situation at all.

So I’m at a loss, really. Am I in the wrong, given the circumstances?

What the gently caress

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling a girl who said she doesn’t pay for first dates because she is “ traditional” a hypocrite?

Quoting the Michael Richards rant at her was a bold move

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

teen witch posted:

I need a smoke after this post, holy poo poo it’s like Carrie but with red cloth

I'm starting to think this guy isn't really that smart after all

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
What was her end goal with that lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

Both her marriages ended in twisted metal

lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Propaniac posted:

Behold, the perfect rebuttal to those who think r/r tells people to get divorced too often. Turns out divorce doesn't solve all your problems!... If you continue to stay in the terrible marriage after getting the divorce.

I (F26) got upset at my husband (37m) over sex.

lol similar to this one from a couple days ago

quote:

In the last couple of months, we’ve been going through a serious rough patch. During said rough patch there was a really bad fight one night. R broke up with me and said that if I slept with someone on our “break” that he would “never forgive [me].” We mutually agreed to not sleep with other people. Fast forward a week and a half of living together, parenting together, and still having sex, and we officially got back together.

What the hell were they taking a break from?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

UltraRed posted:

“(R word) your teacher and then beat up your classmates”

Really want to know what the R-word is that makes this sentence make sense.

Rape, but I had to read it a few times

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Licarn posted:

troublesome roommate

lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

AITA for telling my wife that we shouldn't be spending $1100/mo on groceries? No kids, just us.

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this
my family is dying

i hate these people

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

quote:

Together, we spend about $400/mo on clothing, when you average out a 3 month period. I think maybe $150 is mine, the other $1050 is her.

They can eat my whole rear end

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

How is babby mourned?

gently caress lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
AITA for following European tipping traditions despite living in America?

quote:

I'm a European so I'm used to paying for my food and tipping based on service. The issue is that I now live in the US, and have to follow all these "optional but not really optional" tipping rules. I know that a lot of these employees have lower wages and depend on tips, but I believe it's not my problem the entire system is broken. Because of this, I tip based on service, often leaving a very small tip if I feel the service wasn't very good. AITA?

Edit:Thank you for your feedback, I will be more courteous to my servers from now on.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't understand why he would think that peeing into the toilet from the shower was somehow better than just peeing in the shower if he didn't want to get out

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Noslo posted:

My gripe was that it's lovely to knowingly feed a drunk person more booze

Regardless, this whole conversation has spiraled into semantics so much that I'm going to drop it

So you're arguing against something no one said lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Noslo posted:

I said I was done... but I lied

I just can't pass up dunking on this many dipshits in one sweep

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/licenses/retail-resources/mixed-beverage-overview

Some bars put 2 shots in their rum and cokes, some put 1, and some bartenders with a shred of decency put a dab when the patron is obviously wasted. not illegal.

Not only is it ethical to not feed someone intoxicated more booze, but if I can prove you wrong with 30 seconds of googling then what the gently caress does that say about you and your vocation

Please feel free to prove me wrong with whatever documentation you have, I'll eat my own hat.

And if mods want to give me a 6'er for being sassy then go nuts because I'm just a hot little potato right now

jesus christ lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

On the opposite side of the pendulum Americans refrigerate bread which is super weird since that makes it go stale too.

No one I know does this

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

HMS Beagle posted:

Girlfriend (21) showed me (25M) up in an escape room.

What the gently caress

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

quote:

I've always had an infinity for storytelling

lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
AITA for telling my girlfriend that she needs to shave her legs?

quote:

Here me out, before you all throw the misogynist card. I'll keep it as short as possible.

As background information, my girlfriend is very high-maintenance. She doesn't wear makeup or do fancy things with her hair, but she's always spending money on creams and oils and masks or whatever to put on her face and skin. She says it helps moisturize and keep her skin and pores healthy. Honestly, I say that anything from health stores and brands is a waste of money but it's her money so I don't say much.

She is also very controlling when it comes to me and my apartment. My housemates and I are very busy and we hardly have guests over to entertain them. It's not like there are dead rats in the corners of the place but she doesn't like the occasional sweater thrown on the floor or dishes in the sink and she's always telling me to stop doing that.

On to the story, we were invited to my friend's wedding and because I live much closer to the venue, she stayed the night (cue the complaining about dishes, paper on floor, etc.). I had a long day so I decided not to shower, which again she complained about but let it go since I told her I'd shower in the morning.

In the morning when we were getting ready, I decided not to shower because I overslept and thought that washing my face and putting some cologne and deodorant would be more than sufficient. My girlfriend obviously protested saying that I was gross, so I got pretty annoyed and told her that it's gross that she doesn't shave her legs because it's a huge turn off and it's disgusting. It's bad enough that she doesn't wear makeup or heals or normal things girls are supposed to do. I know I can't force her to do anything but it's expected, you know? We're going to a drat wedding.

Things escalated and she got mad, saying that not showering was not the same thing as not shaving, especially is guys are not expected to shave. But society has already made that call. She then changed her clothes from slacks and a blouse to a dress that went to her knee, making her legs even more obvious. My mom says that I'm TA and is siding with Sabz.

This is ridiculous, AITA?

EDIT: I want to point out that, besides this issue, everything with my girlfriend is great and we're compatible on honestly every other aspect of life. I don't often comment on her legs, but this was a WEDDING!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Licarn posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend to get her own copy of Animal Crossing?

I refuse to believe this

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

The Bramble posted:

I [18F] went to college out of state because my now ex boyfriend slept with my mom

Gah

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
And even if it is that's not exactly the best argument to make about not having to shower after work

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for "flaunting my wealth" at work, and refusing to stop?

lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Knobb Manwich posted:

Completely kicked out for sleeping on the couch without a ultimatum. It's toss up on who is insane, I'm assuming OP is because they probably would've included why the brother/SIL is insane if they had something.

The only way I can rationalize them keeping them outside and off the furniture is if they're one of those people who doesn't bathe for weeks at a time

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Excuse me, doctor, but I'd like to get my huge balls and giant hog reduced

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for not cooking dinner as soon as my husband was home from work?

Incredible

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lmao

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

She offered the DNA test in the first place.

Why the gently caress is your mom not apologising for opening someone else's mail?

quote:

He will ship packages, sometimes labeled in my mom's name, to her doorstep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
In the end it's her choice to wear an ugly outfit, and I respect that