Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Invisible Clergy posted:

Seconding this. Is there some kind of suggestion box somewhere?

There's the "questions, comments and suggestions" forum, which is... weirdly dysfunctional but theoretically the right place for stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

AITA for telling my parents to gently caress off after they said that I’m starving my sister?

As someone who lived off instant noodz and cheap superextrasodium cured meats for protein for several years at uni, and who has cracked a bunch of salt into my palm to lick off several times a day, every day, since I was a child, how much fuckin noodles is this girl eating to gently caress her poo poo up so bad?

Sodium intolerance is a genetic thing. Some people can process salt better than others, and some people get increased risk of heart disease. Going to guess from the rest of her diet that she's probably not drinking a lot of water either.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Sanford posted:

I know we’ve discussed trying to force the issue over picky eaters, but it seems he’s in the right here? She’s 15 so not a kid kid, and the doctor says she needs to eat less salt, she needs to stop eating packet noodles.

Oh yeah, no disagreement there. Girl needs to eat some fuckin rice or something.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Danaru posted:

YTA, both for describing yourself as this and for making me look it up

I read it as "Dan Dare" and got a very different mental image.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Hormonal birth control can gently caress with sadbrains. It's also expensive. It also requires a prescription.

I haven't taken the pill in about ten years, but I seem to recall they had about four days of sugar pills where you were supposed to get your period for some reason? What the hell was that about.

There's a long answer, but the short answer is that the pill was developed by a man who thought that keeping the bleeding every month would make women more comfortable.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I would like to meet this man.

John Rock. Died in 1984 so you're a bit late. Interesting guy - very feminist and very Catholic, ended up breaking with the Catholic church when those came into conflict.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Invisible Clergy posted:

It's the name of an 80s one hit wonder

AITA for yelling at my wife for choosing a horrible movie for us to watch?

:siren::siren::siren:

quote:

He wears a wig and does a female voice which is incorrigible and horrific in my opinion. I felt like vomiting while watching the movie
:siren::siren::siren:

Op is an rear end in a top hat, but not for the reason he thinks he is.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Should I apologise for trying to break up someone's relationship?

For Americans, Britain First is a neo-nazi group that assassinated a left wing MP a few years ago. gently caress everyone in this story.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Lying to foreigners about the haggis is a fine Scottish tradition.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

WaywardWoodwose posted:

what happened to put this kid in therapy?

Guessing child abuse from context.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Alright my arguing about this is over then I don't know dick about the UK system.

The government set aside a whole bunch of money for laptops due to covid, but it turns out that they gave the contract to one of their friends so there aren't enough laptops and a lot of the ones that do exist come with a bunch of viruses preinstalled. Everything's going great over here, thanks for asking.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Naomi Klein is even more batshit than you thought she was.

https://twitter.com/Caulimovirus/status/1371102713505796096

Wrong Naomi.

I remember listening to an interview with Naomi Klein where she said the first thing she has to do in a lot of meetings is reassure people that she's not the conspiracy theorist one.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

If the genders were reversed I could believe that the husband wanted to sleep with the wifes sister or something, but yeah, this way around it makes no sense at all.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for telling my neighbor that I'd do what she asked, but I'd let people know why?

Why do HOAs hate fun.

My neighbour (Sergeant in the Royal Marines) collects teddy bears, and the lockdown seems to have been what he's been waiting for all his life. There have been human sized teddy bears acting out dioramas in his front garden every day for the last year or so. It's mostly been great, except that the visitors occasionally include creepy men who stare in our front window. Mostly it's cute kids though.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Serephina posted:

I don't know much about US domestic law, but that's basically how it works with international borders; pregnant mom hops on plane and the kid will get full rights in nation of birth.

This works in America and basically nowhere else. In most (all afaik) European countries citizenship is based on the parents' citizenship, not place of birth. I'm not aware of anywhere else that uses jus soli anymore.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for being upset my husband "upgraded" my engagement ring and changing it back?

When it came time to pick out wedding bands, I chose one similar to his, gold and not flashy. I could tell he was disappointed that I didn’t want a traditional band.

But surely a simple gold band is traditional? Or is it different in America?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Please believe my real story of a real thing that really happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Sagebrush posted:

(A missing bit of information here is that in Germany you are still expected to bring a clean, dry towel into the sauna to sit on so that your sweat doesn't soak into the wood, so there is no butthole-to-bench contact).

When I was living in Germany we had a Finnish friend who thought it was disgusting that Germans would bring a towel into the sauna, and that gender segregated saunas were weirdly prudish.

Sagebrush posted:

In France it's taken a little further, and you are only allowed to wear certain approved (tight, clinging, a la Speedo) styles of swimsuits in public pools -- nothing that looks like shorts, because you might have worn those on the street. The pools have vending machines that sell them for people who show up improperly dressed.
99% of this is anti-Muslim racism, the hygiene thing is just an excuse.