Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Known Lecher posted:

Speaking of brain worms and Burning Man, that reminded me of this classic:

https://medium.com/@ianmack/love-will-be-the-death-of-us-7baa690dcd0#.h9nw87waw

Instantly knew what story this was.

This is a Pro-click story of self own age for those who haven't seen it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ignis posted:

AITA? My parents forced us to be homeschooled, is it bad that we joke about it?

gently caress this was satisfying to read.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress Your Website posted:

Does Jillian Michaels win if I lose weight?
The Fat Thread lives!

I never tire of people who's lives are so loving empty that they've made being fat a whole identity that completely and utterly messes them up until it kills them. Plus that part of "ow my body hurts but FAT RULES" is some true broke brain poo poo that I can't ever quite get my head around. I get spite a whole lot but the complete inability to see that the only person their spite is hurting is themselves is ....I don't know. It's like reading posts from some aliens.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

At this point this dude obviously just needs to let some very minor possible transgression go.

Course not getting fast food regularly enough that this is a factor in one's life would help too

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Miserable Maid posted:

Why do people always say stuff like this? It never fools anyone

Cause most of the time they mean it not expecting it to happen for real. Yeah there's a degree of bullshit but it's bullshit they believed at the time.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kenshin posted:

Yeah this sounds like a setup from someone who has gained a lot of weight quickly and feels terrible about it but also refuses to examine those feelings and instead looks for ways to use it to make herself feel better instead of addressing the root cause.

If you're a horrible lovely person this sounds like a great way to score internet points with all of your new community (in this case whatever size-acceptance community this woman and her friend are part of):
I watched this all play out in real time when the queen bee of the local....idk what they opt to call themselves but I'm gonna call them weirdo nerds gained a lot of weight after quitting her stripper job.

I mean that alone is a story, but anyway.

This woman who made it a point to say she won't sleep with fat people suddenly was all about that HAES and how awful society is to fat people women. You'd think this woman had been large her whole life given how prosecuted she suddenly was. Made for great theater when this group tried to get my friend to go along with them. She promptly called them all out in how they were attempting to damage her health as being fat exasperated her other problems and she knows she needs to lose weight. Having one of their own yell back at them sent them into a fury, thankfully this bitch doesn't take poo poo from anyone so all she did was laugh in their face.

To the shock of no one this crowd has basically ate itself as everyone tried to out woke each other. None of them want to work to see change, just broke brains screaming into the abyss.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Leaving things until you are literally at the airport was incredibly irresponsible of her father.
my what a poo poo take this is

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for automating my job and getting paid while doing basically nothing?
EDIT: While I appreciate the career advice on using my skills to increase my salary. I am not looking for a let's say 30% raise while moving from 3-5 hours a week to 40 hours a week. I am quite happy with my compensation per hours worked as is, I was just curious if i was TA or not.
This person really does get it. Too bad their friend(s) are really stupid.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

FungiCap posted:

It would be super cool to live in a fantasy world in your own head where you're never responsible for your actions if it weren't for all the real world repercussions.

Do people like this ever change or do they mostly live their entire lives feeling as though they have no blame for anything they do?
I'm sure some of them change, but I've never seen it happen.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nazzadan posted:

Wow, that wasn't the update I expected from that post.

Here's a fun one
Boyfriend's [25M] watch kink has me [25F] feeling uncomfortable. What should I do?

So I'm not alone in assuming from the title it was cuck poo poo, right?
I seriously thought the F-plus episode about exactly this was a big gag by the mostly British posters they had sourced from but uh....wow.

https://thefpl.us/episode/184

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Suicide is unlikely but given how that reads its in the realm of possibilities instead of being functionally 0%

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am sure it happens outside of reddit but the only vaguely successful threesome I ever heard was from some old college friends, had a bisexual male couple with a bi girl, and she kinda took charge of the entire endeavor and made sure everyone was involved, and no one sat things out unless they wanted a breather. It wasn't "hahaha I am loving your boyfriend" but more "WE are loving the dude." But they were also really loving open about the entire thing in the LGBTQ club, which makes me wonder if they were fishing for more couples.

It takes such specific people and/or a limited relationship for the space not to have to care long term that it leaves it to something you luck into or spend shared time working at. It's almost always messed up cause someone's being dragged into it for lots of bad reasons.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Straight White Shark posted:

Lady is definitely the rear end in a top hat for picking a window seat in her condition, but he's still pretty dumb and her suggestion was on point. You can choose the Climb Over People seat or the Get Climbed Over seat, there is no Get Climbed Over Maybe Once Or Twice Very Politely And Conveniently seat. You don't have to fly very often to figure out that some people go to the bathroom on planes once an hour or more and if you don't want to have to deal with that there is an easy fix.
...did you read the story? This wasn't once an hour. This isn't complicated.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MagusofStars posted:

This is a valid point given that OP is presumably living at home for financial reasons so completely torching that bridge might not be a smart move (yet).

Maybe the good first step here is to not just "lie about her schedule" but *actually* modify her schedule so she's practically never at home. Buy some headphones and a lunchbox, start packing your lunch, sprint out of the house as early as possible every morning, then come home as late as possible every night - even to the extent of things like "well, normally I'd go home and watch Netflix in the evenings but now I do that at the computer lab", "all my studying happens at the library rather than my room", sign up for some clubs or something, etc. And if there's a close friend or two who doesn't mind if you crash on their couch, maybe consider randomly doing that too just to further emphasize that nope, can't just assume Jenny will be home to be your sitter.

How passive are you?

Yes let's make my life even more convoluted and prevent myself from having any personal time because I can't tell my family No. The gently caress.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

MagusofStars posted:

The dad who texted her while she was in the bathroom to say “yo, the kids are asleep in your room, your problem now” and the sister who gave zero fucks about leaving them there even when OP had an exam...not really people who are going to listen when she says no. Instead, they’ll just ignore her no matter what she says and continue to dump the kids on her.

And the idea of just call the police or CPS only works if she plans on moving out ASAP. If she’s living at home in college and working a job (per her post), it’s very likely because she can’t afford to do otherwise. So getting kicked out of the house for calling the cops or CPS on her sister isn’t a viable option.

If she was in a place where she could afford to tell them gently caress off and if you don’t like it, see ya...then hell yeah, take that option. But as she’s described her situation, I’m really doubting that’s the case.

Mmhmm. And the mostly passive nature they've shown to this point has only exasperated everything and why I'm tilting my head at the both of you. Getting a job and exiting that way will both do what you're saying and create a path out. Faking busy is useless.

Nothing is gained from doing anything but tearing the situation down, even at some personal cost.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

StrangersInTheNight posted:

some people really super care about the gender binary and enforcing correct gendered behavior, not sure why this is a surprise. these are the same people who want bathroom laws. of course people care. just bc you don't care doesn't mean it isn't an issue for folks, don't be obtuse.

I get that they care, I will never understand their weak emotional bullshit that fuels their need to be an rear end in a top hat about it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for freaking out on my boyfriend over pain pills?
I can feel the whiteness coming off the BF. Too bad she isn't leaving him, yet.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Not gonna feel sorry for gifted but lazy here. She made her bed.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

WHERE did the parents find the dildo? If they were rooting around in her bedroom, yeah, they can gently caress off. If the sister was using it as a table decoration at dinner, maybe a conversation about appropriateness needs to be had.

Only the weirdest of sex weirds don't put their toys away, seriously. These fuckers were looking for a reason I can almost promise it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Kinda creeped out that the papers are keeping their eye on /relationships/

.... We do too. Glass house dude.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Wow I can't believe the peanut gallery reading r/relationships makes ridiculous posts acting like they know everything about a person's life after a few paragraphs.

So crazy how that happens only on reddit lol haha.

In this moment, you're alright dude. :glomp:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Play posted:

Oh wow look, another group of douchey guys managing to get more douchey spending too much time in each other's company. Color me shocked, never observed THAT particular phenomena before

It's starting to become a goddamn genre of its own
I'm all for a healthy amount of misandry but you are actively trying for it at this point. The only point your making is you got an axe to grind.

Plus I live with the queen of the land of misandry so this is amateur hour level frankly.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

FormaldehydeSon posted:

oh my god! this lady is trying to educate her daughter using realistic boundaries and supervision! somebody stop her!

Didja miss the part with the flask? Mom went a tad past the line on the subject.

Good intentions, bad execution

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Also, in Europe this is completely normal
This is all you really needed to say. All is normal and good then.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is a rare chance for everyone to make up some personally biased takes on what FB Hack dude is talking about because it sure seems like they don't even know what's going on.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rent-A-Cop posted:

So earlier today me [44m] and the platonic lady friend [19.5f] were talking the bonezone express to ladyparts station when...
Thanks, I hate it.

cumshitter posted:

So my partner and I had just come back from enjoying some appies at Chile's when we decided to go to pound town. I'm inside her snickerdoodle, totally vibin' in the bone zone and of course she's totally into me topping her muffin. And whenever we're on the train to the Cumdrop Forest in Randyland she does this thing where she just starts repeating memes. She keeps saying "snoop my boop" or "like and subscribe to my rear end in a top hat."

Anyway, the reason I'm asking Reddit is that my partner and I can't agree on our monthly Reddit Gold budget, and we need help drafting a contract regarding our spending on it.
You bastard.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

I (18 F) came across my teacher (30? M) in a video game and discovered a side of him I’ve never seen before
She's kinda SOL cause at the moment she's got nothing for proof.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kenshin posted:

I hate to defend this guy but I can understand how he got that way with a mother and sister like that.
Seriously. Normally it is smart and good to immediately dismiss anyone who plays with crypto bullshit but this dude never had a chance to have a sane life. Well, maybe they will now.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Nah. Guy made bank while being this way and that will definitely reaffirm his bad qualities to himself. He’s pretty doomed.
I'm a stubborn optimist, but yeah...

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Comment from the original relationships thread. Screenshotted because I’m phoneposting and the app doesn’t let you copy/paste:

Like, that comment actually got rid of my nagging doubt this is someone’s creative writing project.
I am amazed one of you isn't claiming to be TooManyAnts. What a brilliant execution.

Separately from that Dean's unending patience is going to absolutely bite them in the rear end eventually. You know, more than it has via all this with the OP.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

pentyne posted:

Things like this on reddit make me go "geez it's like there are no healthy relationships anymore" then I remember those people probably talk and communicate with each other to resolve problems and don't try and crowdsource advice.
you really do have to remember we are getting a particular view of things and it is thankfully not any sort of indication of anything on a population level.

Also I'm sure 20something hippies of the past were equally as obnoxious as the Tumblr teens of today on this front.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

that's very nice but read the lovely posts from this thread I was replying to

Oh noes, the smokers will rise up and cough a lot look out

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Licarn posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend to get her own copy of Animal Crossing?

For the record the Switch user accounts have isolated saves so there is nothing stopping her from breaking her own town on her account. On top of LOL of this moron missing a perfect chance to bond etc etc the rest should be obvious to regulars here.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zore posted:

Animal Crossing explicitly only allows one town per switch, with up to 8 players who can live there. Which makes this even more lol since the game is designed for this

Plainly I am not an AC fan. the entitlement of some people.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Totally with you there, if she cares that much to keep going on about it then it's on her to do something about it. Either get over it or do something about it, beyond that is useless whimpering and should be called out.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Funktastic posted:

AITA for not going to my family members’ weddings?

You were smart enough to lie all this time and then...welp have fun with that.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

purple death ray posted:

Goon telephone game has greatly inflated the number of people who were saying that, but I guess "more than zero" is still pretty bad
I want to say it was "several" people trying to cry kink shaming having have read it live at the time. It was bad and very much there.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Huntersoninski posted:

Yeah something like "consider it an early/late birthday present," or "someone recently helped me out and I'm paying it forward," or even something super vague like "I'll let you get me next time," anything in the world but "no thanks you're too poor."

They ought to teach tact in school. It'd be super helpful for people with warmth in their hearts and feet in their mouths
My lack of tact hasn't stopped me from being able to help people out with simple "I have this to spare, you don't , take it" type speech. While everyone's right that being completely blunt about it is rarely going to go well there's an equal sucking up of stupid emotional human pride that has to be done on the receiving side. Most people don't want to have to tell that to someone in a rough spot and then the hand wringing begins over the minor issue in face of the larger issue.

Guess I'm saying all this cause while people have tried to get huffy when I'm telling them STFU and take the help they are happier in the end for it. I swear some people just have to do the dumb dance to get over whatever.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Closing the laptop when there is something sitting in the way because they're an old rear end in a top hat who no one is calling out.

Also thread has been much better lately, good job regulars. Or this is a sign how much commuting was breaking everyone's brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

Help! The Sex Resort We Wanted to Try Has a Racist Theme Night.
Considering most of these places are in the Caribbean Islands... Eh who knows.