Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Invisible Clergy posted:

Nope. The lack of qualifiers (e.g. second/third cousin, first cousin once removed, etc) mean that it's OP's first cousin. This means OP's brother married his cousin. Strum away.

AITA for writing my own religion where I say I am god?

OP and her cousin could have married brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

He’s obviously a competitor of Capital Under Management.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Oh good, name chat means I can share this story: I have two older sisters and one younger (plus a brother who is irrelevant for this). My oldest sister's first name is Katherine, and the next sister's first name is Karen (which was originally the Danish version of Katherine). I recently learned that my mom originally wanted to name me Catherine. Luckily my dad put the kibosh on that.

My little sister went without a name for two days, presumably as they reargued the merits of Catherine.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Buttchocks posted:

Replace 'dreams' with 'holodeck' and see how pathetic and creepy it sounds.

Didn't know Geordi was on reddit.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

It doesn't sound like he's actually taking that long to poo poo, he's just sitting on the toilet watching youtube after the poo poo is over. Which is rude as gently caress, especially if it's the only bathroom or you were in the middle of something with your wife when you decided to take a break.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I live in the US and I've changed my name twice, both times after getting married. I honestly don't remember it costing more than maybe $20 at the Social Security office, and then whatever minimal cost there was to have my license changed at the DMV. There was no interview or questioning, but that may have been because "marriage" is the most common reason. Though making sure to change my name for utilities, bills, insurance, etc was a pain in the rear end that I decided to do twice.

Most places have different rules for changing your name after you get married vs just because. Some will have rules saying the special marriage rules only apply if you're changing to one of the spouses' names or a combination thereof. Mostly because, especially if you're a woman, changing your name is incredibly common, so they don't want it to be too difficult and they assume you're not trying to dodge creditors or whatever.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Yeah I've heard stories of people that have to like, take out an ad in the local newspaper saying they want a name change or something like that?

Yep, pretty common for non-marriage name changes, presumably so if you are trying to dodge creditors or whatever they can see and object. Or at least track you down.

Had a client once when I was at a small firm who wanted help changing her name to fix the spelling to one she actually used (I think she spelled it with an extra letter, like Ana vs Anna), and we had to do that.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

The obvious play for the retired club promoter is to seduce his stepmom so he can just step in after his dad dies. Be his brother's stepdad.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Haulin Oates posted:

That sounds like an old/bad test, mine was a very long questionnaire that covered things like mood swings and coordination, along with attention and motivation and such. (Difficulty with emotional regulation and being uncoordinated are common, apparently.)

My test had the questionnaire, the computer thing, and the number/letter thing. I think there were other bits too, I forget now. The whole thing took like six hours.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You would be amazed how many people do not just because they think that the ambulance means they skip the line at the ER (it does not mean that).

From what I've heard, isn't it often the opposite? Not that you're "skipping the line" if you show up not in an ambulance, necessarily, but that when the ER is triaging patients they're taking the care you've received from the EMTs into account.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The only people who own tuxedos, instead of renting them, are musicians and people whose jobs/social classes require wearing one regularly. Troll.

What about penguin furries (featheries?)?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Thanks for the comprehensive structure overview for a lawsuit. Seems very familiar, having been inside of one.

If the ex's family actually retained a lawyer to file this suit, no matter how frivolous, the OP is pretty much obligated to get a lawyer, right?
Can you legally file your own motion to dismiss without passing the bar in that jurisdiction?

You can generally represent yourself. I think there's been some hullabaloo about going pro se at like, the supreme court, but for this I'd be very surprised if she couldn't. It's often a bad idea, even if you're a lawyer, but you can do it.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, there isn't much data, although the vsafe survey data hasn't shown any reported excessive or abnormal side effects for pregnant folks who've participated, but really it's a personal choice between the pregnant person and their medical provider (and partner if they want).

Personally I used the vaccine to tell my sibs I'm pregnant, since we were talking about eligibility and scheduling in the family group chat. Something like "I'll be getting it soon, just wanted to wait until I was in the second trimester."

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

If she's lingerie modeling, she has to know people are masturbating to it. There's no way she doesn't. Don't tell her and probably don't use her anymore, but as long as you're not being a creep to her online or irl there's no need to beat yourself up over beating yourself off.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

spouse posted:

As someone whose closest brush with having a child was a quick early morning trip to buy plan B, why... do people do this poo poo? I completely understand not talking about the pregnancy until it's months in, because many, many pregnancies do not reach term for many reasons. But this seems dumb.

As someone who is currently pregnant and mostly not sharing our name ideas with anyone else, it's because people will not hesitate to poo poo all over the name even if it's a normal name. Even if they're not making GBS threads on it, it's yet another thing for people to give you their unwanted opinions on. People have all sorts of ideas about what you should do when you're pregnant or regarding your baby.

Well, I did sort of discuss it with a friend because her wife is due a couple of weeks before me and we wanted to be sure we weren't in the same ballpark of names.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh, no. We love our brilliant blue house. The side next to the neighbor is battleship grey.

It's like an accent wall. It's just the accent wall in this case is the more boring one.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Phyzzle posted:

Paralysis of the thumbs was the biggest surprise for us.

Wait what? I'm pregnant now and have been joking with my husband that everything is a pregnancy symptom, but that's one I haven't heard. Unless it's related to carpal tunnel?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Motronic posted:

Ahhh, must be twins.

I mean Iunderstandthatreference.gif and all that, but average pregnancy length is 40 weeks so 9.5 months is valid. She's gonna pop any day now though.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

pentyne posted:

That seems like its extremely disrespectful to the husband. You know your chud side of the family will go loving berserk if they find out, yet she want's to straddle the issue and keeping bringing him around her trans-hating rear end in a top hat family and he's expected just to put up with it. I'm sure there's been no shortage of hate speech he had to sit and listen do about bathroom bills and pedophiles and just took it for the sake of not upsetting her family.

I can't imagine anyone who would drive a fair distance to bang on a door and scream trans slurs isn't a out and proud transphobe who uniroincally talks about them all being killed. It's like bringing your Jewish partner around your literal 14 word nazi family and telling them to keep the secret while they sit there listening to a ton of "you know, the JEWS" chat.

Yeah, except the edit in the post says he's the one who'd been encouraging her to keep the relationship because they loved him when they thought he was cis. She'd apparently have gone nc ages ago otherwise.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for refusing to apologize for calling my boyfriend crazy

I don't know, it's been a few years since I had my last pap smear (and gently caress the assholes in front of Planned Parenthood protesting, you assholes aren't getting my pic) so I am going to make sure I bring some nice wine and wear a sexy cocktail dress.

I wonder how the bf feels about the proctologist?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Personally I want to know more about the bug cities

Where do you think roach motels are?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

ghost emoji posted:

If he's irritable enough to snap at his boss because he only got 5 hours of sleep, how is he going to handle raising a crying newborn?

Batterypowered7 posted:

Dude is

1) probably clueless about what having a baby in the house is like
2) probably expecting her to do all the work anyway
and 3) gonna ask her to sleep in the baby's room after a day or two of being woken up because he's such a light sleeper.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

One thing about the surprise pregnancy post that she just glossed over is that her 9 year old daughter (from a different father?) apparently chose to live with OP's mother and everyone's just cool with that? I mean I'm not surprised the daughter is happier there.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That's why, pre-blood-tests, as well as pre-DNA, English law was that any child born to a married woman was legally the child of the husband unless it was physically impossible (the father was on another continent, the father was known to be impotent...) Occasionally a man could win a lawsuit saying otherwise, but it was rare.

There's still a presumption of parentage for married couples in most (if not all) states in the US, whether opposite sex or same sex, so long as the birthing parent is one half of the married couples. It's easier to rebut now for sure though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

In the UK, you study law in what we'd call undergraduate; medicine goes the same way. The nasty gotcha on studying law in university is that you then have to find an existing lawyer to apprentice to (I forget the precise phrase for it; UKers can correct me). If you don't find somebody to apprentice to? Congratulations, you have a worthless degree.

It's a traineeship, I think? I'm US based but my UK colleagues do a lot of training stuff for their trainees that I don't do for our baby associates. Anyway, I think if they don't end up as a trainee the degree is about as worthless as any other humanities degree; in other words, it's what you make of it. Since it's the undergrad degree it's not quite as doomed a path as in the US, I think.