Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Anyone who tells you what they do is secret is lying. Everyone who does really secret stuff will just tell you they do an office job in the military or work for the State Department or whatever.

SEAL team 6 still claims they exist entirely to test out gear.

most of them wont even be lying lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA if I don't want to be friends with a girl because of how she looks?

why are these ppl hanging out with anyone

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's literally a supremacist lost causer organization

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MagusofStars posted:

I'm guessing that for a normal square/rectangular four-top, your spouse sits on the other side of the table and diagonal to you (rather than the normal "me and my spouse on one side of the table, you and your spouse on the other side of the table").

Still don't understand the point with just 4 people at a restaurant table that's like 3 feet wide, but idk.

we're probably never going to see restaurants like that again for a decade at least anyway lmao much less dinner parties

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Pedestrians always have right of way

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
He's doing those kids a favor and blood sausage and alligator are generally benign and palatable meat dishes by even the whitest American standards

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

They aren't eating them after a little taste and he's making them a PB&J instead. Doesn't sound like much of a favor. :shrug:

It does say they're a good sport about tasting them, so it's not like they aren't even trying them. But if they're not gonna eat it and end up eating PB&J for a week, maybe make something your kids will eat.

Kids will always prefer sweet salty fatty soft foods if they're given the choice, they shouldn't set their own menus for a reason

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rudager posted:

Sweatbreads are lamb pancreases (or something like that), it's a big loving jump for a 7 and 5 year old to go from maybe a steak and veg the mom probably cooked as an equivalent, to a nice mushroom risotto, to eating offal.

If I did that to my 5 year old took a bite of it and then said he didn't like it I'd be 100% OK with that and praise him for trying.

Do kids where offal is common and pbj doesn't exist get into the picky eater stuff we get in the western diet

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You don't get to have hyper specific non medical dietary restrictions or super strong brand preferences in a pandemic

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Solus M.D. posted:

AITA for not wanting to learn my wife’s native language?

The guy has a native speaker he can torture until his tones are right, 24/7, for at least weeks on end. Why would you not learn it at that point? It's not supposed to be hard if you can hit the tones.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
His grandma was always a racist the dementia just takes away the thin veneer of decorum

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The_Franz posted:

Wanna lean towards fake, but "math is in our blood thus it's impossible for our son to have bad grades" is exactly the kind of dumb poo poo that broke-brained beep-boop STEMlords actually believe.

its not really some beepboop thing, if ur raised ur entire life around something you have a 16 year head start on serious studies of it and also thinking it's super important bc it's baked into your value system AND you know how to play the game in the industry and have connections, its why academics are very very often the children of 2 academics

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Straight White Shark posted:

the statement "the teacher does not want to know what we do because teachers tend to give affluent professional families better grades, but other teachers know that we are an affluent professional family and they give our kid good grades" is so lacking in comprehension and introspection that it reads like a troll post

but yeah, some people are just that up their own rear end, so :shrug:

i think its kinda silly for teachers to try to sequester themselves from the community they live and work in tho

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Invisible Clergy posted:

Part of it is guys not getting the dick all the way out of the pants. The y-flap on some underwear puts pressure on the urethra so when you put it away you slop some piss on the floor. Some other guys don't get it all the way out because they think if another guy sees it, it instantly turns them gay, which from the impression I get from cumshitter's web site, is not completely accurate since that is an advanced technique costs too much mana to be practical on a large scale.

lovely y-flap underwear is real and sucks

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for humiliating my disabled and anorexic SIL?

lmao loving owned

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cockmaster posted:

AITA for telling my gf to stop enforcing her vegan ideals on me?

She went vegan a year after they started dating, he made every effort to accommodate her, and now she's demanding that he not bring meat into the house that he owns.

A textbook example of both a colossal red flag and an arrogant fanatic making vegans look bad.

since shes been living there rent free, even if he dumps her and they arent married she can get alimony right

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tinytort posted:

Ohhh, dude. No bet that his "help" doing chores is actually him half-assing it as much as he can get away with. Stuff like putting off the laundry until she's in tears and begging him to do it so that she has work-appropriate clothes to wear, or ruining her clothes.

And god drat at him going "I can put up with puking, but having to actually put any effort into caring for my pregnant wife, like getting her foods she's craving or giving her a foot massage to help her with her swollen feet? That's a bridge too far!" Even lovely sitcom husbands can manage that poo poo!

Also not taking any bets that 1) she makes more money, 2) she's still working from home right now (if this is a recent post) or hasn't started maternity leave, and 3) if he were required to cook, he'd resort to burgers or steaks (or anything else he can toss on a grill) with no sides, or he'd get the crappiest takeout he could, because he's definitely not participating in meal planning or prep if she's making her third meatloaf of the week; that's a "this requires only a few staples, and almost no actual thought and can be done with kids under foot, any harried housewife or working mom can put it together" type of dish.

(No way he wouldn't be bitching about it, too, if she made chicken nuggets or something like that.)

I hope she divorces him and gets custody, at least she wouldn't have to deal with him getting her pregnant all the time and would be able to get competent help with looking after the kids.

daily store trips in this environment are p lovely and dangerous especially since he already works outside the house

they really really need to work on minimizing their exposure as much as possible esp re the new info on kawasaki-like covid presentation in young kids

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Licarn posted:

"Now class, you find that you're pregnant and you don't know his real name because it was the result of clandestine affair with a married man using only pseudonyms. What should you do?"

"Uh excuse me miss, will this be on the exam?"

picturing your av teaching this class

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blue Moonlight posted:

I like how his choices are A) a vacation probably booked the moment travel restrictions are lifted so he can ride the second wave; B) clothes Rob Thomas doesn’t want anymore; C) to be that kid riding to school on his own electric scooter; and D) a $1000 phone to replace his three-month-old $700 phone.

Someone needs to just be straight with him and say “E) save the money and figure out how you’re going to start being an adult” is an option. But it’s Reddit, so he’ll probably get cryptocoin recommendations.

$1400 with no income and no responsibilities is nothing but beer money, like he's a kid

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

True but he has like no plans for school or any other way to get more money so I’m sure his parents aren’t super thrilled with that.

Kids are super dumb with money.

right but thats not enough money to really matter to some rich suburban kid either way, saving it or spending it will have 0 impact on his life

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
People who read this thread and suddenly though you had no depth perception, have you never had a depth perception test as part of a physical for work or insurance or just an annual or whatever? Little stereo slides consisting of sets of circles with one offset in depth, less and less so each time?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for sending an angry message to a 10 year old who ruined my Animal Crossing island?

the whole thing where you have to brag about your income or they yell at you for being poor is very like synergistic with tiktoks moderation policies lmao

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

LanceHunter posted:

Imagine bragging about a 90k job period submit reply

big yospos energy

so can you really just travel around and stripmine in animal crossing

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The lifeguard's heart is in the right place and she's identified a real issue but is approaching it in the most teen bully way possible instead of phasing in hiring and training standards and ongoing assessments. It's not going to get the desired results and letting a 17 year old be a supervisor in a large organization seems dumb as hell

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

elise the great posted:

Somebody needs to explain to that neighbor lady that despite six months of desperate research with a study group approaching the millions, we have not yet found any convincing evidence that getting Covid makes you immune to Covid afterward.

I mean, other coronaviruses don’t confer durable immunity, why should this one be any different? We’ve always just called coronavirus “the common cold” and accepted that you were gonna get it at least once every year or two. Imagine licking some toddler’s snotty face to get lasting immunity to cold germs lol

Looking forward to the 3 months of misery from this yearly followed by an early early death for everyone

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Am I (24F) wrong for banning my boyfriend (19M) from my hot tub until he does a certain amount of chores a day?

the middle class ideal of how much housework actually has to be done fuckin sucks vs sitting in a hot tub watching espn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Licarn posted:

Professional pokemon card dealers have made dumber mistakes with much higher monetary losses

https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/9/20687891/pokemon-card-stolen-lost-trainer-no-3-bounty

Don't wealthy private collectors, especially in Saudi etc, not give a gently caress if something is obviously stolen, like all the billionaires know who has what famous stolen piece and laugh about it