Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

As long as there's no conduct rules against it.... go ahead? I don't see why taking a deal is a problem?

Also I wonder, with OP being cagey and otherwise not seeming to care about her ex, if it was more along the lines of "revealing details about relationships with students".

(Like if it were actually false accusations I would think this would be noted instead of concentrating on if he was "wrong" for having done it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for expecting my friendly ex to talk to me about his life?

Sorry your ex can set boundaries and doesn't want to be your emotional side-piece.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

This is one of those things where the context of the people in the chat and also the poster matter a whole lot. Like, in normal circumstances, with most of my friends, that'd just be a funny joke. But I've known enough people that are Weird about things that I could also see it being one of those underhanded "Haha but really I'm sad I don't get to see boobies anymore :( " things.

I feel like "Say bye-bye to the twins" is inviting these sorts of comments (Specifically RIP boobies, not that it's open season on being a mysogynistic rear end in a top hat, to be clear), but the aftermath doesn't really mention if the victim here is bothered or not, but that "people are offended". Again too much missing. Prolly NTA though.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

I found out my ex-husband is a bigamist and our marriage may not have been legal (TX)

Like, what do you expect to happen. Dr. Google, J.D. seems to say that bigomy isn't really prosecuted that often. Locking him up isn't going to make him suddenly able to pay support or debt or w/e. I mean yeah it sucks, but I don't think your situation is going to change significantly.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for demanding a salary from my husband’s business?

Small business owners are the most entitled assholes omg.

Hellblazer187 posted:

A hahaha op owns.

All parents seem to turn into boomers. Realistically a teenagers parents today should be like, mid Gen x ish but 'oh my God my daughter kissed a boy I'm taking away all her clothes' is extremely old person energy.

Many oldest kids turning 13 this year would have millennial parents. :ssh:

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 22, 2020

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

welcome to hell posted:

AITA for refusing to draw my cousins commission?

Plus if she doesn't do NSFW stuff she probably draws awful dicks and who wants their husbando with awful dicks?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

But he has a system!

I wonder if it's buy the dip or martingale

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

She probably smoked one whole marijuana.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Ouch that’s cold as ice.

I went through something similar by proxy recently.

Friend of S/O is getting married there are 4 girls all been best friends for years (8+). Friend that’s getting married asks 2 of the 3 to be bridesmaids and ditched the 3rd and picked someone she knows from the gym instead lol.

Super cold because the 3rd friend is so nice and obviously didn’t say anything but was definitely upset.

That was cold too.

Also there was no reason why she couldn’t have made her a bridesmaid because the groom has like 5 people up there with him lol.

I accidentally told two people they were my best man at my wedding and I had to retract one of them (I had meant groomsman for one and said the wrong thing). It was awkward.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

AITAH For getting mad at my MIL for cutting my sons hair?

I have a friend who would tell a similar story about how people (the school or her mom the telling varied) were being sexist and cut her boy's hair against his well but it turns out it was because she refused to take care of it at all and it was a rat's nest of snarls and poo poo.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 24, 2020

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

quote:

I do know a bit about his past marriage, granted from his side only. They were married for 6 years, but he said within the first 2 years things clearly weren't working so they decided to open the marriage up and date other people. She filed for divorce because she had been with a steady boyfriend for a while and decided she wanted to start a family with this new guy. She's remarried and pregnant now.

She also claims to be "mid 30s" and he's "40 on the nose" but I kinda don't really believe that (I'd believe 29/42).

This kind of reminds me a bit of the guys in japan who marry some anime character then go and make posts at people who post/draw lewds describing how they're married now and to please stop posting lewds of their wife. The concept of mermaids or w/e doesn't exclusively belong to this lady; but there's enough other red flags that maaaaybe you should run for the hills anyway.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

Zero effort is without the ring, this was obviously planned for a while?

ParserGirl posted:

Nah. Proposals shouldn't have to be elaborate, but this guy chose the zero effort option. Take her to a park or something, at least. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just the latest in a long string of half-assed, oblivious actions.

luxury handset posted:

if she's more upset about the manner in which she was proposed rather than the event itself then she probably was having enough doubts about the prospect for it not to be worth it

"spontaneous outburst of passion" is a pretty half assed proposal but given the pandemic it should be acceptable to the right person, OP's not-fiance sounds like she was just on the fence

Naw his big issue was letting her imagine for 4 months how awesome it's going to be when he proposes and then his half assing out and letting her down.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Piell posted:

AITA for not flushing the toilet?

I know this sounds gross but until grey water systems are standard I bet in our lifetime the becomes commonplace.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Straight White Shark posted:

It depends, but unless you glove up and keep the water scalding hot you're not really going to fully sanitize the dishes.

This is actually a problem with portable dishwashers too, also they tend not to have grinders and so you have to preclean everything worse than a normal dishwasher so practically I think OP shouldn't buy one but.

artsy fartsy posted:

AITA for throwing away my daughter's rice cooker and wok, and refusing to replace them?

She doubles down in the comments. "It's not stealing, it's relocating. She can always go get them out of the dumpster." :downs:

This is like super fake or some weird reflection thing or something isn't it? I refuse to believe someone would throw out a rice cooker because it's not cleaned immediately after use. ALso there's a pretty big implication here that the daughter is doing most of the cooking while working, and boomermom here isn't doing anything except begin a busybody?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Ziv Zulander posted:

Such a terrible thing, nobody in history had clean dishes until the 1970s

It's more like the 50s and I for one am glad we traded more modern understanding of food hygiene for the gurglesquirts pants around then.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Woozie66 posted:

I kinda agree with this? The parents seem lovely, but they did what so many people recommend; give the child up. The kid being passive aggressive and stirring poo poo up is dumb, along with the "I refuse to accept this as my fault" despite the drama being their direct result. Obviously the parents should've handled it better, but they don't owe anything to the kid.

IDK why you would force the issue when your parents reaffirmed they don't want you 18 years later? There's a reason adoption records are usually sealed. If birth dad and mom were seeking the kid out after 18 years the thread would likely feel different.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

What does it mean? At first I thought it was meat with every meal which is stupid but kind of a typical american thing, but the example they provided (substituting a steak for a salad) makes me wonder if they literally mean 100% meat, as in no starch, no fruits, no vegetables, just meat.

They're roleplaying as an anti-vegan to prove vegans are unreasonable.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

Why is it imperative for this guy to get his leather slings, dragon dildos and pup hoods delivered to his sister's house under her name?

Yeah, i can get why an older gay is being very reserved and private about your sex life. But the mailman don't give a poo poo. They have seen worse than your bespoke assless chaps.

Because in old/rural zip codes they refuse to deliver to strange names even at the right address. ANd he's not home for reasons? (Or he's not american and has like a BIS address cause he lives next door)

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Just add the bully on facebook, get the bully to say mean things. send a screenshot to the administration I guarantee he will be expelled in 48 hours.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I read that post as being written by the girlfriend and I assume it's underselling what and how often she's jabbering about. Nobody on the planet who thinks they're not the rear end in a top hat would write "Zest for Life" in the title.

Still, baby ducks are awesome.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 29, 2020

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

sephiRoth IRA posted:

AITA for being pissed at my parents for taking us to Athens Georgia instead of Athens Greece?

I admit, I laughed

I sort of wonder if this is Tokyo / Tokyo Hill Texas instead of Athens; what with the lead-up? That would make more sense to me I guess.

Though if this is any amount of true even if you're pulling a good joke once it starts to affect other people it's time to come clean. :(

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to let my 7 year old eat my ‘expensive’ foods? My husband says I’m being cruel.

Buy poo poo honey for your daughter. Don't deny her avos? It's OK to have your special thing but like communicate better?

She's going to turn into my nieces who had to have spagetti O's for thanksgiving dinner cause they wouldn't eat anything that was prepared. (They are much better now fwiw).

EDIT: Also cover the cost of the drugs you use what is it with pot heads omg.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 1, 2020

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Am I the only one who can see his side at all? He warned her Grandma can turn vile if she loses touch and had to watch his beloved Grandma turn into a vile simulacra of the person he once loved, then watch her treat someone else he loves with malice.

Also it sounds like he tried really really hard to keep the girlfriend from this; knew it was going to happen, and basically was assured that gf's reaction wasn't going to happen.

He's still a jerk on how he responded though. IDK if at that point though he had a good option. Exclude GF, gf gets mad. Granny racis, gf gets mad.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dienes posted:

Currently working in a dementia lab (or, well, was, before covid), and yeah, its really common for folks with dementia/Alzheimer's to say absolutely vile things. He said he warned his girlfriend, " something would be said." but I wonder how explicit he was that there was a good chance 'ol grannie would let loose a string of the worst racial slurs. If he had any sense, he would have said, "I'd love to have you on the call, but when she's having a bad day she says things I don't want to expose someone I love to, and I'd rather keep you from that."

quote:

She got really excited about the call and wanted to talk to her and meet her. She knows that my grandma has dementia and has made racist comments as a result. ... Her dementia has caused her to regress to her childhood and as a result, she spews a lot of racism.

My girlfriend knows all this already. I warned her again that my grandma has no control over this and if she regressed as I was speaking to her and saw my girlfriend, something would be said. My girlfriend accepted this and told me repeatedly not to worry, and that she wouldn't be offended.

I took her word for it and let her on the call.

He clearly warned her as much as he felt he should.

Dienes posted:

Dementia doesn't make you 'regress to your childhood.' It inhibits memory, emotional regulation, and inhibition control. He's naive if he thinks his racist grandmother miraculously recovered from being a bigot rather than just learning when to not say out loud what she is thinking.

People, even racists, can actually change. Dementia doesn't "expose your true self" any more than it "regresses you to childhood."

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

My [22F] boyfriend [25M] of 2 years wants to have a three-way with our mutual best friend [26M] after he tricked us

"My bf's best friend tried to drug and rape me, should I consent to sex with him?"

Probably not, no.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for competing in a mother and son race with my stepson?

Obviously not?

What is with all these people that want a social media only kid? I don't want to actually support or care for my child but by god you'd better agree they're mine on insta (or w/e)

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

Hmm, the title looks really bad. But maybe the contents of the post might enlighten me and i'll side with op...

AITA For telling my adopted sister to go back to her true family?

Ahahahaha

Kid, just be glad you were smart enough to use a throwaway so this post won't publicly haunt you.

Like why are a 15yo and a 14yo sharing a room? He's obviously a completely huge shitlord; and needs to be less of an entitled brat. It's OK for him not to want to include her in everything he does but goddamn.

I'm also interested in how the parents decided to adopt a kid so close in age to your current kid (at 14).

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

Real talk? they might be pretty poor. Lotta people come at the parenting thing from an insecure financial position under pressure from family and just kinda pull it together later, but poo poo like this is the real price you pay, you could almost forgive this lovely brat for resenting her if they have no loving privacy and hes being displaced like this. I mean, he is poo poo and will continue to be poo poo but its hard not to consider that they were set up like dominoes by parental mismanagement. Like those lovely pet owners who force their pets into a little box to 'get to know eachother'

Patrick Spens posted:

I sort of assumed it was one of those "this kid's life just came apart and they need a place to stay right now" type deals.

Yeah I guess this makes the most sense. Last I checked "will have their own room" is one of the first gates in the adoption process and I was taking this too literally vs. "loving uncle Jim is having his kid taken away and if we don't take her she'll be in the system" type of thing which seems a lot more likely. That would also square with the parents just wanting assface here to help her out cause they probably suddenly wanted a teenage girl as much as he wanted a sister.

You would think at 15 they would explain this kind of poo poo though; and he wouldn't be a misanthropic rear end. But who knows.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

Why is everyone assuming the OP with the new sister is a guy? I can't imagine most parents thinking, "Yes, let's have a teen boy and a teen girl room together, this is a sound decision."

My own biases and the fact that they seem to say 'sister' like a billion times makes me think this is part of the problem they have with her. You're right though reddit seems 50/50 and op literally never clarifies.

Honestly I still don't think that it's appropriate to share a room after like 10 or 11 or something. I'm probably just talking out of my privileged rear end or something though.

Parents have done a poo poo job here though.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

The_Franz posted:

Countless siblings since the dawn of modern civilization grew up sharing a room, but now it's suddenly not appropriate because the internet says so.

Yes, I completely agree that if the 13 year old would've just been married off to whoever provided the biggest dowry then she wouldn't be having this specific set of issues. Clearly such times were better all around.

Also wedding OP is just mad that she won't wear 17 petticoats and cover her hair when entering the church like the rest of his family. Also she probably will stand out, and OP is trying to avoid stupid heat about his big city GF. But gently caress em that's perfectly normal to wear to a wedding you're not going to actually be in.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Licarn posted:

Found out the guy I’m dating doesn’t want kids

You definitely have an issue here but it's not the one you identified....

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

We've got it all wrong, it's because he called her tomato, instead of tomato.

Gross.

I hate the way he looks, acts, smells, fucks, and spends his time; but the last straw was when he pronounced tomato like tomato.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

StrangersInTheNight posted:

send the rude flowers, pretend you don't know what they mean, let her stew forever

Absolutely this. It's basically the perfect crime once. I even have your line. "I'm the jerk for trying to help celebrate; I'm the jerk for not apologizing, and now I'm the jerk cause I sent flowers. I just don't know what you want from me dad!"

To be clear you are the rear end in a top hat here, but eh, completely justified. Just cause you're better at being an rear end in a top hat doesn't make your assholishness worse.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Muscle Wizard posted:

daddys nasty little eggplant

We probably shouldn't penis shame here.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Brimstone Inquiry posted:

Dirty Lil' Mater

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Invisible Clergy posted:

You start dating someone. How do you explain you're a bitcoiner, and that you believe the current economic system is crumbling around you without coming across as a crazy person with "extreme views"?

I'm assuming OPSEC is some horrifically awful gamification on relationships?

also this is like 8/10 cause it doesn't mention supergluing anything shut.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

It's not to show he's the man it's because COVID has become a political issue and so dipshits on the right consider it their political duty to downplay it as much as possible.

You're starting to see it crop up everywhere as a political thing. I know people who have bosses that won't let them (or anyone else) where facemasks at work, not even customer service jobs but just run of the mill sit in a cubicle and look at spreadsheet stuff (that could be done at home too) where a mask couldn't possibly affect anything but because it's become a "taking the virus seriously = democrat" situation wearing a mask is offensive to republicans.

Yeah Oklahoma had to step down their mask requirements because employees trying to follow the law were getting threatened with guns because of it.

I wonder when my father in law is going to insist on visiting from out of state.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Licarn posted:

Good idea, so what is our intrepid op going to do instead

Well you see anti-wedding guy *has* to be invited to the wedding even though she knows he’s definitely going to do his best to ruin it

The whole family is

let me guess. Fuckball attends weddings, drinks all the free booze and eats fancy dinner, hits on Aunt Jane; but refuses to bring a gift (or let sister bring a gift) or rent a tux cause "he doesn't believe in marriage"

I'm surprised to learn the sister is 35 (and thus only 2 years younger) but I do wonder how long before he manages to hook up with some 20-something and kick sis to the curb. (It is inconceivable that he's not already trying.)

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

TBCF there IS height discrimination in pay, hiring and promotions. I'm not saying it's equivalent or anything stupid but sitting around going "It's all in the short guy's mind" is ignorant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for refusing to apologize after uninviting someone from my wedding who insisted we make it not vegan?

I always refuse to believe poo poo like this. Why not just not tell anyone? It's obviously "I don't want to offer vegan options at my wedding, but I'm going to ask the opposite way."

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying "she's not gonna gently caress you bro" to someone in a group chat?

Why are they still friends with this person who harasses people's girlfriends. :sever: