Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

big trivia FAIL posted:

is dyscalcula literally not knowing what numbers are what? like, that's a 2, that's a 5? I'm genuinely asking

Oh boy, I can be useful! I did an a/t about my severe dyscalculia ages ago.

Anyway, yeah, in bad cases like mine a 2 and a 5 can easily be swapped. I often reverse 6 and 9s, reading one as the other, as well as 3 and 8s. It's very easy to hear or read a completely different number from the one you thought you heard. If I'm reading a boarding pass that's like 14D row 7 or something, I might end up going to 7D if I'm trying to remember the numbers in my head after an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Seat and group part shouldn't have been a dyscalculia issue, it doesn't really gently caress with words.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

ArbitraryC posted:

It's fine to tattle cause the "friend" is terrible person but lol at the people so scared they "can't attend class" again. It's some internet assholes being edgelords and some politically savvy students looking to get a free pass for the semester. Honestly if it works out like that I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising students catch on and leak the rest of their classes.

Driven from their homes.

If I got hit with a bunch of slurs and threats I'd be pretty upset? Not everyone has been playing shooty-shoot games on voice and become immune to racial slurs and rape threats and poo poo by the wizened age of 13.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

I didn't leave this morning because of *****. I left because I couldn't stand. I was sick. I was sick of myself. I was sick of the person I had become. I wanted to vomit all of my failures and gently caress-ups onto the polyester carpet. I wanted to burn it all to the loving ground and start anew . . . ut Phoenix e cineribus . . . instead what came up was remorse and regret and despair and misery. My muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. I lost track of who I was. I'm still picking up the pieces of my shattered psyche.

jesus christ

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

I [28M] am currently unemployed and my wife [ 28F] is now the sole source of income. It is a struggle but her constant reminders about the situation are making me resent her.

... he buried the major lede in the comments: THEY HAVE A YOUNG KID.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Place your bets before reading the successive spoilered updates...

quote:

My [31/m] wife [32/m] accepted a promotion requiring her to relocate to NY, yet 9 months ago we relocated to Seattle. She didn't consult me or our kids. According to her it isn't up for debate. Note my wife is [32/f] not [32/m].

Both me and my wife[32/f] work in tech, she has always been a very career focused person. I work for a company completely remote. Last summer we relocated from Virginia, to Seattle for her new job opportunity, we discussed it a lot and this was something she wanted to pursue so i agreed with it.

We have 2 kids a 9 year old boy, and a 6 year old girl. When we moved last time they were very upset about moving. So much so that it has taken awhile for them to come around, but they finally started to make new friends.

Last Friday she told me she was offered a more senior position at her company, she gets to lead some sort of consulting team. However the job is in NYC. I very quickly mentioned how we just moved, and how the kids are finally settling down, and how it would not be a good idea to take it. The payraise is peanuts.

She shocked me by telling me:

She already accepted the position.
We need to start preparing to move now.
She wants to be in NYC setup by at latest start of July.
In the worst case me and the kids can stay here until late summer, and deal with selling our house, packing, etc.
I got kind of upset, and our youngest heard us talking about moving who immediately decided to tell our eldest who became extremely upset. This entire weekend she left me with my kids so she could go work in the office to get stuff organized. She would come home and refuse to discuss it.

Last night i told her we needed to talk about this, and she became more upset then i have ever seen her be. She started screaming and yelling at me about how me and the kids are trying to "Ruin her career". I asked if in 6 months down the line after we go to NYC and you get offered a better position somewhere else if you would take it, and she told me yes. I have never seen her act like this EVER.

Both of our kids right now are in the i hate you mom phase, and it is making my wife even more upset. Today i tried to keep an open mind, and asked about things like where are we going to stay and live, etc. How are we going to put a down payment on a house or apartment (while she got a hefty relocation fee, it only comes after we move). She lost it started screaming about how me and the kids are trying to ruin her, etc. She told me this isn't up for debate, and if i or the kids didn't like it we should get out of her life.

I took the kids and left quickly, they both don't want to move, and i really don't want to move ether. I came back and she was gone, she left me a message saying she was going to spend the night at her office because she is "disgusted with me and our kids".

My issue is i don't understand what is happening to her right now. We have been together for around 11 years and i have never seen her act like this at all. Up until last Friday, stuff was i love you/etc. I am terrified and our kids are terrified. Can someone help me and explain to me what is going on?

Update Thank you, so many people telling me there was more to this then i thought. After looking up her boss and the only other coworkers name i really know on linked in, i am pretty sure the team she was on no longer exists now. One of her coworkers updated their employment history, indicating he is no longer with the company. While her manager has recently changed his role/title. I sent her a small message, and i hope she responds.

I really hope this isn't about dumb pride or something, and she has been hiding this. I am guessing she tried to change teams internally?

Update 2 I messaged the coworker who seems to be laid off, he confirmed that their team was terminated, and this was almost a month ago that they were notified. People were given a bunch of time to wind stuff down, to try to apply/transition internally for other teams/groups.

I am so very upset, she lied to me and treated both me and our kids like poo poo. She hasn't responded to my messages, but i can see her read receipts. I don't care if she is let go she can find another job, hell i have a ton of people in my network who i could have helped her get a remote job.

This just overall has put a terrible taste in my mouth, i don't understand why she isn't telling me the truth, and i am pissed that something this small is worth throwing away our family to her. I am going to sleep on it but thank you for your help.

TL;DR; Wife got promotion and has decide that we are moving, we just recently moved. I don't want to move neither do our kids, she is refusing to discuss this at all, and is terrifying us.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

I (32M) tried fixing things with my crush (30F) and create a friendly atmosphere between us, and I think I just made it worse

Sorry for the long post.

TL;DR - had a crush on someone for a year. She knew I was into her. We would meet in group settings. It was kind of awkward at times. I tried to make things less awkward by being candid and telling her that I would like to be just friendly. It ended up backfiring on me. Is there anything I can do to make this relationship into a candid and friendly one?

I had a crush on someone - let's call her Jane, for about a year. A year ago I saw her at some event, and was interested in getting to know her. I knew she was part of a social activity, and since I was anyway looking to get into new social activities, I joined the social activity.

I ended up really enjoying the company of the group. I was in a difficult place in my life, and the social activity and the friends I made there really helped me get by.

After two months Jane and I started to text each other in a friendly way. On the first conversation I was upfront and told her that I was interested in being more than just friends and that I would like to get to know her. She responded by saying that she would like us to be just friends and see if it could develop from there to something more serious. I agreed to try.

In the two months that followed, it was a confusing game of hide and seek. She would send me messages about once every two weeks, having some small talk over messages, but when we would meet in the group setting, she would not relate to me in any way. It was a bit awkward. I wasn't in a mentally stable place at the time, and I didn't really enjoy these games of hers. After two months of this, when I made it clear in a group setting that I was grateful for the company of the social group at the time where I needed the mental support, I think she realised that she was playing games, and made it clear to me (via messages, again) that she thinks that we are not a good fit. I responded by saying OK, and tried to move on with my life.

Since then, Jane and I would meet in the group setting. At first she sort of ignored me, and after a while - she tried to be nice to me. All this time, I was trying to improve myself, and reach a more stable peace of mind. The thing is that all my anxieties came out as some mild obsession over her. I didn't act on these obsessions, but I would constantly think of her. And I think she felt this when we would meet. She probably felt that I was still into her.

So as time went on, it felt like we were both walking on eggshells around each other. She would try to be nice and friendly, and so would I, but it just didn't seem natural (at least from my point of view). There were times where she would completely ignore me, and times where she would strike up a friendly conversation.

Two months ago our country went into Corona lockdown, and we had not really met in a group setting. Two weeks ago, Jane and I met in a group setting. She smiled from across the room and waved, but later when she was close to me, I tried to initiate a conversation, but she just walked right past me and ignored me.

This week, the social activity group met for the first time since the lockdown started. We had a really good time together. And it ended up that it was just Jane, another female friend, and I, at the end of the evening. Jane and I ended up walking home together and having a friendly conversation. The morning after, I decided to write her a rather long message, telling her that I wanted to tell her this yesterday, but ended up not doing so. In the message, I told her that I was in a bad mental place last year, and that I was sorry if I caused her any discomfort. I was dealing with my own poo poo, and it had nothing to do with her. I said that I hope that I felt that we were in a spiral in the past year, and I hope that we can get out of it. And I hoped that we can continue talking calmly and candidly. I wished her all the best.

I think that what I was hoping for, is that by being upfront and honest, we can try to be somewhat friendly - at least in the group settings, without ignoring each other.

Well, the response I got was like a bucket of ice cold water in my face. She responded cooly with a short message that honestly she didn't feel any pressure that caused her any discomfort. Apparently, it was all in my head, she didn't think we were any kind of spiral. So it's all good... and she's happy to hear that I'm at a better place.

Her response was kind of insulting, I don't think I was making up the fact that sometimes she would totally ignore me and sometimes be nice. Maybe I was looking for some kind of validation from her for my feelings. Honestly, I'm not even sure she was the one who wrote the message. She can be such a warm and kind person, that I'm surprised to receive a somewhat brutal response like this.

In the aftermath, maybe deep down I was hoping for some way to salvage our relationship. Maybe I was still hoping for us to be more than just friends. And maybe she just saw through all of this, and made it very clear that there is no chance in hell that she and I will ever get together again.

But, I think that together with this hope, I really candidly wanted us to be on friendlier terms and be more comfortable with the presence of each other in the group setting. It annoyed to sometimes be ignored by her, and I really tried to make things more natural between us. I guess I should have just let things be and not sent the message.

But now instead of trying to being just friends, I just created the opposite effect. I'm a bit embarrassed to show my face in the social group after this.

Is there any way out of this?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Invisible Clergy posted:

I just heard the broken calliope music from fusionman's dance with Helen while reading this one.

I thought of (´・ω・`)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-ID3eMcEw

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

My Ex Girlfriend Is Making My Life A Living Hell

My Ex Fiance whom I discovered was cheating, has been spreading lies and rumors about me. So in return I went into her email (which was already logged into on my desktop) and requested a password reset for her Blizzard account. I then asked her to stop spreading false lies and rumors about me and I would give her account back. It was maybe 5ish minutes before I returned her account unharmed. She has contacted the police and threatened to press charges. WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO. United States, Iowa.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Don't scroll over the spoilers until after you finish the post. How old did you guess?

quote:

How do I get my mom to let me get a horse?

I [(35f) live with my mom (65f) because it made the most sense financially for our family to consolidate. I work as a teacher; my mom lives off of everything my dad left her. We split expenses 75/25; I’m paying more. I am an only child and haven’t married so it’s just the two of us.

I really, REALLY want to get a horse. It’s the only thing I’ve ever wanted since I was a little girl. I have enough money to purchase and to support the horse. We live on a decent piece of land (that my mom owns) and I could build the stable no problem—I’ve been studying and saving for decades.

The problem is that my mom says no. She says that she doesn’t want the hassle; she just wants to live out her golden years in peace. (Really that means drink a lot of wine and complain about the neighbors.) I wouldn’t have enough resources (land, home, etc.) to do it myself. How can I convince her? Any advice appreciated! 🐄

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

My boyfriend has really creepy secret photos.

So long story short my boyfriend (26) has/had a drug problem. I go threw his phone on occasion just because we’ve had trust issues about him lying and being sneaky, but not with girls, just with drugs. I’m had substance abuse issues in the back so I don’t judge him as much for that. Anyway, I found pictures of a few girls he used to hook up with and he had edited their faces onto naked bodies.... He had TONS of naked photos of one girl that his friend had sent him and she didn’t even know he had them. Also a few girls who rejected him and his best friends MOM and sister... He deleted them and cried immediately when I woke him up and called him out.

He went to a voluntary inpatient rehab and has been gone for about a week and I’ve forgiven him about lying and being sneaky about drugs. But I’m having a really hard time getting past the creepiness of what I found. I talked to one of the girls and I am about 99% confident he didn’t actually cheat on me because they weren’t interested in him. I don’t know if he would have but I actually doubt it just because we have had a really great relationship otherwise. He begged for forgiveness, swears it was a weird drug fueled moment. He admitted it was creepy as hell and apologized repeatedly. It feels weird to break up with someone for their weird sexual interest. But it’s just so creepy to me. And honestly I feel like he might be hung up on one of the girls. And she kinda looks like me. So now every time I think of having sex with him I feel like he’s gonna be imagining her. Is this not as weird as I think?

I know the obvious answer is yes and just to break up with him but I love him. He deleted most of his social media and I have all of his passwords. I just don’t know if we can ever build that trust back. Is this something you could get over?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

Older women, cougars/sugar mommas . Are you embarrassed when they check comes and people see you pay it ?

TLDR : are you embarrassed when picking up the check ?

Me (22M) I’m currently in a sugar baby situation with a beautiful woman (39F) and I’m extremely happy I would have honestly done it for free but she’s extremely generous and wants to help . But it’s still fresh . I’m currently on tough times financially and When we go out she pays. Speaking with a friend he was giving me advice and he said that I should bring up her giving me money beforehand to pay . Because when everyone sees a handsome young man with a older woman everyone is watching to see the dynamics of the relationship and if she’s paying for sex. He says she becomes very Embarrassed by the whole thing because when she pays it confirms everything in lurking eyes on the relationship that he’s only with her for money and etc but she’ll never say anything or request I hold onto the money/card because she doesn’t want to Emasculate me for not being able to pay . She wants to feel like her man took her out even if it’s pretend for noisy strangers or the waiter and etc . I just want to make sure she’s 100% happy I have no problem either way . I know everyone is different and that’s a discussion that we need to have as a couple but I’m asking is there any truth to what he was saying ? Or is he just a idiot and I shouldn’t bring it up . I’m fearful to bring it up because i don’t want her to feel like I’m the one that’s insecure and embarrassed of the relationship because that’s not the case. But If enough people say you’re friend is right I’ll speak to her about it.

Top comment summary:

quote:

I would like to call your friend an idiot since other commenters have already used dumb, stupid, and moron.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

My (24M) girlfriend (26F) fully believes that she is a cat in a human's body.

Tl;dr: gf now thinks she is an otherkin, a cat in a human's body and refuses to see anything wrong with the situation. The echo chamber she is now has done nothing but enable her and I don't know what to do.

I know people are going to think I'm either trolling or baiting but please read before you comment + this post has nothing to do with gender or trans issues and I am in no way intending to be offensive or anything.

So Gf and I have been together for nearly 8 months, and she's always been a very quirky and nerdy person: does cosplays, very into anime and roleplaying, etc... Nothing too weird. We've been kinda distant lately with everything going on and me being an essential worker so haven't seen eachother and only talk for half an hour a day. Well, last tuesday we got to hang out at her place and she wore cat ears a and a belt with a tail the entire time. At first I thought it was either going to be a sex surprise or her testing a new cosplay, but nope, she sat me down, asked me if I really do love her, then hit me with a very long monologue that essentially summed up to "I'm a cat in a human body". Wish I was joking.

I thought I misunderstood and then believed that maybe it was a weird joke but she kept being serious about it, and doubling down. I left shortly after because I had a shift at work, and I still believed it was an oddly drawn out joke nothing more. She ended up texting me with resources to help me understand, which is when I realized that she really is serious. Apparently she believes she is an otherkin: a person who holds the belief that they are not human. She says she was introduced to this by one of her friends months ago and has since joined discords and communities of others like her. Her friend believes he is a demon trapped in a human body, and she sent me a testimonial that was supposed to be touching but its basically just about a dude thinking he is naruto. I'm not joking. She explained her otherkin type as being a cat, and now she 100% thinks she is a cat. How did she know she was a cat you ask? According to her: sleeping a lot, liking the sun, hating water, feeling more comfortable crawling on all fours, and claiming to understand what cats are saying and being able to talk to them through meowing. She has also apparently been distant with nearly everybody we know IRL as I got multiple messages asking me to let her know to be in touch with them.

My head has been spiraling this past week, I keep thinking its a joke but nope she is deathly serious about this and has handed in her two weeks resignation at her job because cats don't work. Again, I wish I was joking. I've been limiting my interactions with her ever since, because this is hurting my head a whole lot and I just can't cope. She has also surrounded herself with a large amount of yes men and women who support her 100% and are enabling this, some even encouraging her to make a patreon and make otherkin content that they would contribute to, which she brought up when I asked her about quitting her job. To make things worse, I can't discuss this with anyone in real life because I know how crazy it sounds and I know that leaving her is a valid option but I'm in love with this woman and now I don't recognize her and I know that there is something very very wrong and I can't reach out to her and she refuses to hear anything from me unless it is unconditional support. What the gently caress do i do ?

I wanted to bold the whole thing but no, really.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
My (f28) fiancé (m27) is trying to make our baby (f3months) Legend of Zelda themed.

quote:

I’m not even sure how to best articulate this because it’s a ridiculous issue.

I’ve been with my fiancé for three years and we had our daughter in March. When we found out we were expecting, my fiancé (then bf) became really keen to make the pregnancy Legend of Zelda themed. Other than having a 10-year-old cat called Zelda, he hadn’t expressed any interest for the Zelda games prior to finding out about our baby and this all started when we found out we were pregnant:

He set up a pregnancy announcement with video game controllers and a Zelda triangle (“completing the triforce March 2020”) to share on social media.
He ordered dozens of Zelda themed baby items online (outfits and toys) and takes sooo many photos when he dresses her in them to send to his sibling group chat or on facebook.
He decorated the nursery Zelda themed. It’s mostly very subtle; hills and fireflies, but above her cot is a giant vinyl decal of the game logo with a big sword pointing towards her head.
He brought his old Nintendo 64 from his mum and dad’s house so he could play old Zelda games with her when she was born (again, he has not played any of these games in the whole time we have been together. The console wasn’t even in our house beforehand!)
He puts on the games to play while he’s getting cuddle time and asks me to take pictures. He doesn’t play the games when she’s in her cot or I’ve taken her out in the pram – it’s only when he has her on the sofa with him. The Zelda stuff seems to be entirely for her benefit edited, because it's not for her benefit - she's three months old and doesn't know better. It's being done for our friends and family to see.
I was dreading Zelda the cat dying before the birth because I suspect her still being in the picture is the only reason our daughter doesn’t have that name (she has a non-Legend of Zelda name. I have checked this.)

The other day I was scrolling though his facebook feed and EVERY. SINGLE. Post about her is Zelda themed somehow, starting from before she was even born. Dozens of photos and home-made memes where she’s dressed as Link or Zelda or in a triforce onsie or on her seat on the sofa watching him play the old games. Even his version of the our first photo together after her birth has a Zelda reference plastered over it in big bold letters. It’s like she’s a brand or something. I didn’t realise how bad it was until I saw it all collated on his feed and I felt so embarrassed that he’s presenting our baby to the world like she’s a prop to show off how much he likes old-school video games. I liked video games as a kid too, but I’m not trying to base my daughter’s whole public image around it.

Again, I can’t stress this enough, I don’t think he ever ONCE expressed a particular interest in these games before we got pregnant with her. I could sort of make sense of this if it had been his passion the whole time, but it seems to have come from nowhere.

Group chats and social media posts are the only way many of our friends and relatives have ever seen her (still in lockdown in the UK) and I can’t help but imagine what their impression of our daughter and how we are raising her is from all of this. Is she going to be the "Zelda baby?"

I realise it’s harmless fun, but it’s also really weird. He is a great dad and so loving and attentive. I’m not sure how (or even if) I should approach it with him without sounding like an alarmist or a buzzkill.

i wanted to bold the whole thing.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

AITA for buying my (21M) gf (20F) a new toy?

My gf and I have been dating for about a year now. We met at a university Pokémon club (really cringe I know). Pokémon is a big thing between us and we’ve probably clocked up hundreds of hours battling and trading together- hell, I even traded her a level 100 Groudon and only asked for a Charizard in return (only level 40 but I needed it for the Pokédex completion), so I’m really invested and genuinely love this person!

Anyway, my gf owns a really old, tatty (frnakly quite disgusting) plushie doll toy of a certain Pokémon. She’s had it since she was really young so it’s got gunk and stuff on it because she NEVER washes it (or at least hasn’t whenever I’ve been around, and we see each other pretty regularly because our families know that we’re very safe covid-wise). This thing is just plain gross okay?

But she LOVES it. And I mean REALLY loves it- she keeps it wherever she is, in her uni room or family home, and sometimes even trakes it with her to the library to work! I don’t know I just think it’s an unhealthy obsession with something which is filthy. But being a good bf I’ve obviously never raised this point with her even though it’s obviously annoying.

The other day, I got an ad for a doll almost exactly like hers. Only this one is brand new, clean, and even better it’s the new galar form of her Pokémon! I know she loves the Galar form because she’s said so and I tried to drop some hints about it. So I did what any nice bf would do and I bought it, and when she was sleeping I threw away her old doll and replaced it with the new one (wrapped up with a card explaining how much she means to me and how I hoped our relationship could have a new cool “form” too!)

She FREAKED. OUT. She was really grateful at first and opened the gift and card and loved it, but then she asked where her original one was coz “they could be friends!”, and I was just honest. I yelled “surprise!” and explained how this was her new toy now, a better one, and he was updated. My gf starts laughing until she realises I’m serious, and then just breaks down. I mean full on panic attack. She’s crying and just won’t listen to reason at all. I tried to comfort her but she wouldn’t let me and kicked me out (of my room!) so I banged on the door to let me in and she doesn’t need to cry because I could help her but I wasn’t sorry for getting her a better toy. She got real quiet for a while and I sent her messages but then she left and just walked past me. I followed but she ignored me.

I’ve heard nothing from her since and that was 3 days ago. I didn’t think she’d be so emotional like this. We’ve been fairly logical people in the past, so I could never have predicted this. I didn’t think I’d done anything (because I’d basically replaced the toy, but better), until my best friend said I was a dick, and now I’m beginning to have doubts. Reddit, can you help me? I don’t want to lose her!

Someone claiming to be the gf is now in the comments breaking up with him and spamming

quote:

You stole my plush.

Probably a little TOO perfect to be real given both are new throwaways and this has gone down over an hour but still funny.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

pentyne posted:

really needs some trigger warnings for animal abuse too, that's some pretty graphic poo poo posted without spoilers.

Agreed that turn for the worse with the animal torture and nonce poo poo really is horrific and not at all funny, I'd appreciate spoilers

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Speaking of spoiled antics...

quote:

AITA for asking my brother's entire family to move out because my nephew set my bathroom on fire for a tiktok?

My (32F) brother (43M), his wife (40?F), and their two kids (9F and 15M) have been staying with me for a little over two weeks now because they lost their jobs due to coronavirus and were evicted. Four people is obviously a large addition, but I didn't want them to be homeless and they assured me it'd be a temporary stay.

Two days ago, my nephew set my bathroom on fire for a tiktok. From what he told me after, there's some kind of trend where you draw a shape on your mirror with hairspray and then you light it on fire, and it's supposed to go out on it's own without any damage. Well, his fire spread onto a nearby stack of towels and got out of control. We all had to evacuate, but luckily I live relatively close to a firestation so the damage wasn't that bad. My guest bathroom is scorched and will need repairs, but the rest of my home is okay.

I think that my brother and SIL had to have been wildly negligible to allow this to happen, especially considering the lighter he used was my brother's, meaning he must have taken it from him at some point. I'm asking them to leave within the next week because I don't want to risk something of this nature happening again. They've apologized and asked me to reconsider because it was an accident, no one was hurt in the end, they'd be homeless if I kicked them out now, and to think of my niece who did nothing. I'm not going to charge them for the repairs because they flat out can't afford it, but I no longer feel safe living with them.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Elfface posted:

She should sell that software to hollywood and make millions.

Nah lots of apps have those filters built in or you can get the facerig app for $15 on steam and become the talking dog in Zoom that you always dreamed of.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Aegis Bear posted:

Most of the women I knew were into straight porn (or straight erotic scenarios rather than actual porn), with one or two outliers.

As a lady who went to an all girls high school, guy on guy manga was incredibly popular in the nerd circles while the rest was fantasizing about various boy bands in various combinations, and a hell of a lot of fanfiction is ladies writing romance novels about hot dudes banging. It’s really about as common as straight and bi guys who like fantasizing about lesbians or bi girl threesomes.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Midnight Voyager posted:

I can't quite figure out when these kids ARE allowed to have their phones. Is it literally only while their parent is watching the screen?

Yep. I looked up the post and the OPs highly downvoted comments say basically that.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
ETA: I blame the maintenance for missing it, ok.

coolusername fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Apr 25, 2021

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
drat it I had it queued when the maintenance hit!

My shame is endless etc.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I have sympathy for her because the whole “big imagining how amazing it would be if we met irl” which is just a fantasy is a common online teen thing, and then to suddenly have it become reality when you expected it to remain a safe long distance semi-parasocial online role play fantasy could bring to mind all the stranger danger and red flags that never mattered before. Immensely sucks for him but I don’t think the girl as described is evil, just a teenager who suddenly found herself too deep in the well.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
AITA $12,000 Birkin Dilemma

quote:

So this year I was a young guy to have a pretty good windfall due to trading options and having money in Bitcoin so I wanted to show out and give my significant other a flex present for Christmas. I watched her fashion and beauty style inspiration people and could tell that Birkins are a really hot bag but are very rare. I found a reseller online and got it legit checked with 2 other parties for the $ I am spending but got a note and engraved my name from “..... with love on it”. Little did I know this ”hurts the resale value of the purse”. If I’m spending this money on a gift you shouldn’t be reselling poo poo. I spoke to her friends about it and they said “I hosed the bag up” I lowkey put the note in there so a motherfucker knows who bought that poo poo!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I went to a great cat cafe in Thailand: the walls were covered in wooden platforms/ropes and there was a cats only backroom so cats could leave for a break, but they were super cuddly if you sat on the cushions and waited a bit.

quote:

AITA for using lovely pick-up lines on friends even though I have a partner?

I love joking around, and I find lovely pick-up lines to be extremely funny. Like, really lovely and tasteless pick-up lines no one ever would dare use seriously like:
"Bby are u a wildland fire? Cuz u r smoking hot"
”Please tell me who is your gynecologist so I can go and lick his fingers"
Etc...
Honestly I never thought anything about it because it's obvious they are a joke, but last night I had an argument with my girlfriend because she hated it and felt I was flirting with others. I want to clarify that I only do this with really close friends and we all know it's not serious, I wouldn't dare to sprout such nonsense to actually try flirting with someone.
I agreed to stop using them because she seemed really bothered by them, but I'm curious since it's something I have been doing for years now. Reddit, have I been the rear end in a top hat all along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
From the comments:

quote:

The gynecologist one is a famous one in our language. Not saying it's ok of course, just clarifying it's not as weird as it might look like in our language.

In Europe this is very common—