Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Bobulus posted:

Wasn't this the exact premise of a 2000s "comedy" film? Two guys pretend to be gay-married to share insurance benefits?

edit:

Yep. Spoilers (I guess?) for a decades old Sandler movie: it's prompted by Larry realizing that he never updated his insurance after his wife died, a year prior, and the insurance agent refusing to let him make any changes to it if he hasn't recently had a major life event that would change his status. His wife's death, being 12 months ago, no longer counts as recent and the insurance agent is unsympathetic about him having put off dealing with it for a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

For the sushi thing, I can understand dude being unwilling to try fugu, because that's one of those things where if the chef has hosed it up, you are almost definitely going to die and it will suck the whole time. But just...regular nigiri and such?

Yeah, no, dude is a wuss at best.

(Fugu is definitely a "fancy, trying-to-show-off" type of sushi, though, not an "everyone in Japan eats this, it's perfectly normal" type. It's like caviar, except with a chance of death! Shame that he has one valid point there.)

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

One Canadian guy tried to film a 'Roni prank on an international flight and they had to turn the plane around and return to Canada where the cops were waiting to arrest him. The other flights that plane had been scheduled to make also had to be cancelled.
There's been several other people arrested for COVID-19 pranks as well.

That one made the news, yeah. Apparently the airline was still considering whether or not to charge him for the cost of having to reschedule everything because of his "prank".

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

God, I hope she doesn't get back together with him. Five bucks says the extreme fastidiousness is a direct response to him peeing anywhere, like an animal that hasn't been housebroken. No one wants pee-spatter all over the house, after all, and vinegar does tend to neutralize the smell of urine.

I was going to ask how someone gets to their 30s and be an otherwise functional adult in all other aspects of their life, while still thinking it's normal and okay to use whatever's nearby as a toilet...and then I realized the answer is probably "they're a sociopath".

The whole "I can't stay with you, you would flip out over messy counters and spilled drinks, you would be bad to raise children with, I can tell because you object to me peeing in the sink" bit is just *chef's kiss*.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Licarn posted:

reddit convinced her she's insane and sink pissing is a totally normal thing that all guys do.

There's a deleted update where it seems he forgave her for being a controlfreak and she agreed to get counselling.

Goddamnit. Guess her only hope now is the counselor going "wait, he pees in the sink? Like a sociopath? No, you're not the crazy one here" and them not having children before then.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

"You're not valuing your work properly, daughter. Let me prove it to you by destroying your business without warning you."

Like - could she charge more than $10 a session? Sure. But I'm betting that these are students who don't have a lot of money to begin with, and jumping from $20 a week to $100 a week is a massive increase that they wouldn't have budgeted for.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Once is an accident, twice is brain farting. Six times is either her trying to make him prove he cares about her by retrieving her body jewelry from the plumbing, or her trying to get rid of it without telling him she hates it.

Given that she keeps asking him to retrieve it, I think this is some weird courtship ritual for her.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for reporting a man for crying about his wife’s death?

Ok the title sounds really bad but hear me out. I’m a 22 year old college student. The sink in my bathroom was clogged so I put in an order to have it fixed. A man (probably in his late 40s) came by and we started chatting. I don’t really remember exactly how it got there but eventually he starts talking about his late wife’s death. She had died from cancer a while back and at one point he started crying. If it had been this alone I might not have done anything but he also lectured me at one point about not having sex before marriage. I felt bad that he was obviously going through some stuff, but it was inappropriate to be talking to a young woman alone in her room about such things. Add to that he talked to me for over an hour and said he had to go on lunch break before he even worked on my sink. So when he left for lunch I called the office, told them what happened, and requested that they send someone else. Later on I left my room but on my way back I see him out in the hall after getting his tools from my room and talking on the phone to who I presume is his boss. It sounded like he was getting reprimanded pretty hard. I told my boyfriend about this and he says it was really heartless to report a man who is obviously struggling emotionally. I stand by what I did though. I’m not the mans therapist, I just wanted my sink fixed.

Edit: For clarification, I live in a single dorm at my college. We got on the topic of premarital sex because he was talking about his religious beliefs. I didn't ask what they were, he brought them up on his own.

So, am I the rear end in a top hat?

NTA. It sucks that his wife died and that he's still working through the grief, but he also shouldn't be trying to use random people at his work as therapists or bringing up his opinions on premarital sex to someone half his age, especially at work. He shouldn't be talking about religion at work at all, unless that's part of his job.

Plus, it sounds like what she reported him for was "talked at me for over an hour about things that were none of my business or work-related, then bunked off for lunch before doing the one thing he was supposed to". That's the sort of thing his boss needs to know about.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Probably a bit of ESH. Being in the public eye is part of being in a relationship with a celebrity, but she also doesn't seem like she really gets or accepts that he doesn't want the limelight the way she does.

Also 'always throws that "stupid" agreement in her face' suggests that this isn't the first time she or her agent have tried to pull him into the spotlight next to her.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Bisexual Amazon is NTA, and should start trying to cut the tiny homophobe out of her life.

19 year old "you're not really family because you're adopted" bitch is absolutely TA, and is probably half of why her brother is "clingy" and unsure of if he's accepted as part of the family. (Her parents are probably another third, at least, if they haven't been shutting this poo poo down when they hear it.)

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA i uploaded a video the school made onto youtube and it got put into a cringe compilation? school is loving pissed

ESH, the whole thing is dumb. School is dumb for assuming that no one would upload it or think it wasn't very silly, and kid is dumb for assuming no one would scrape it from their upload.

School is more dumb for flipping out and accusing this as being why enrollment is down, though. I don't doubt that they are seeing lower enrollment numbers, but I seriously doubt that a silly teacher-student "look at how hip and cool and With It we are" video is going to have anything to do with why.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Pham Nuwen posted:

It'd probably help if you stopped saying "having my sister".

It's weird phrasing, yeah, and one would hope that he's just directly quoting her. But it's still weird and sketchy phrasing no matter who it came from.

But unless he's hiding a whole lot more that would make her reaction to finding his little sister's underwear stuck to the clean sheets with static cling at all reasonable...

Edit: well that escalated quickly. And no, he probably can't get the charges dropped. The police tend to be unwilling to drop charges like that, especially at the request of the person who was attacked.

tinytort fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 3, 2020

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

HardDiskD posted:

if dad has the 'vid + cancer then, yeah, he wont be seeing that grandchild

Yyyyep. Especially if dad is over 60 already.

Frankly, I'm wondering if I'm just bad at mental math or if the ages she's giving don't line up with each other. Because for her parents to have been trying to have kids for 15 years, and only succeeded after one of them was 28, that means her parents started trying when one of them was 13.

Alternately, the hosed-upness goes real deep in this family. That's also an option.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

38, they had their first kid at 38. No math involved, she says it directly.

...wow, I managed to misread that. (The math I was doing was that if they had their first kid at X and started trying for kids 15 years prior, what is X-15. Which works out to 23, not 13, thank gently caress.)

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

How the gently caress do you get 5 years in and not resolve this? :psyduck:

One day at a time, each day figuring that this time you'll find the right whatever to make her realize that something ain't right here.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

LadyPictureShow posted:

I don't think my son [17 M] is mature enough to use the internet without monitoring.

Sweet mother of gently caress. That kid is going to :sever: once he's able to move out, and no one who knows this poo poo is going to blame him.

Unless there's a lot more to the messages than we're being told (especially since from the sounds of it, they were being sent to him, not by him), this is overkill and not going to help. Especially since "not socially mature" is a hell of a thing to hit an autistic teen with. Teens in general aren't socially mature, and autistic people are more likely to being treated like they're children even if they're grown adults.

I'm not entirely sure that there's much that could justify "we're putting spyware on your devices or we're taking them away and you don't get to have any secrets from us, never mind that you're at a point in your life where you're going to be starting to explore your own sexuality and your body, and these are things you probably don't want to do with your parents looking over your shoulder, virtually or otherwise". Especially not if they haven't even tried talking to him about what the problem with the messages was (beyond, apparently, "you didn't hide your sinful thoughts well enough").

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Son is the creep and parents are cutting them off for being a creep.

I misread that bit, yeah. Still facepalming over "my 17 year old autistic son is Socially Immature, and needs to be treated like a child" because it won't help.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

"Wrote scripture verses on the takeout bags" is 100% pushing religion on people. Is it a bored and religious employee trying to find a way to cope in the current crisis? Yes, probably. Still pushing their religion, though, and still unnerving due to context.

Like, context is everything here. If it were an opt-in thing and OP just objected to the specific verses chosen, or if it were made by a family member who is of the same religion, then that would be fine. (A little weird, but fine.) Some rando shoving scripture at you with your food? Not fine!

I'd check the food for signs of tampering, then complain to the restaurant about the writing if the food looked okay. As long as the food looked like it wasn't messed with and none of the verses related to eating, I'd probably eat the food? But I would not be ordering from there again during this.

Re: seating couples together at weddings - it's normal in Canada, afaik. You seat people who know each other at the same table, or at least try to, so that they aren't completely isolated from anyone they know. Ideally, you seat them in a way that encourages conversation and discourages cliquey behaviour, but it would be considered unusual to seat someone at an entirely different table from their plus one or their spouse.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

luxury handset posted:

put a ring on any person who can bottle-piss in a moving car without spilling a drop, they have immense power

Not to mention the self-control needed not to just murder the boyfriend as soon as he started bitching about OP following through with the warning that she was going to pee in the car if he didn't pull over, when she'd been begging him for over an hour to stop and let her take a bathroom break.

"We're making great time" is the sort of bull spun by a dude who thinks stopping for bathroom breaks or food during a road trip is a sign of weakness.

She should just sever, once she's able to get out.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

I'm guessing these are kids?

Not sure about rear end in a top hat, but the friend absolutely should not out the OP, and I don't blame her if she's afraid her flamboyant friend might out her.

Teenagers, most likely, yeah. I'd say NTA, because she's pointing out a safety concern that means it isn't a good idea for her to bring someone who is openly LGBT around her family. It's not just "I'm afraid you'll out me", it's "I am afraid that my family will verbally abuse you, at best".

For the 'super localized psoriasis', definitely TA. There's no sensible reason to keep that sort of thing from a person you're planning on sleeping with.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wearing makeup to work even though my boss asked me to after he found my makeup related instagram account?

NTA. Especially since "glamour" looks aren't going to be as cool in the everyday environment as bossman is thinking.

Plus, "wear glamorous makeup so that the restaurant looks better" is...not a good thing to hear from your boss. There's not much reason for a waitress to be wearing that style of makeup, no matter what kind of restaurant it is. And if the boss is legit relying on one waitress looking hot in order to draw in customers, the place is doomed anyway.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [31M] girlfriend [29F] is a "cutesy cute" and it's creating a lot of conflict between us. How do we move forward?
Honestly, the vocabulary aspect of this is the weirdest part for me? Dressing 'cute' - eh, people dress in Lolita style, it's not that weird and if she's got the money to pay for it, it's whatever. "Drinksy drink" and "dipsy doo" are, um. It gives the feel of "I want to act like a 9 year old" especially when paired with "I shouldn't have to work somewhere I can't be my 'real self', I shouldn't have to do things to get what I want".

I'm not saying it's her fetish, but I also 100% would not be surprised either.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my husband that he’s investing way too much in our daughter?
Everyone who's an adult here sucks! Husband sucks marginally less, on account of "is actually trying to parent", but still sucks because he's god-only-knows how much older than her and married her a week after the divorce was finalized (but well after he got her knocked up).

She really, really needs therapy and possibly also to get the hell out of there (and to give up custody). There's some really intense depression going on there.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling my friends racist?
gently caress no, that 'friend' is a racist and she should be ashamed of having a racist fetish and for forcing the information about her racist fetish onto her POC roommate despite the roommate making it clear that she didn't want to hear it.

Because let's be real: two white people playing "hey, you be the black slave, I'll be the white plantation owner, it'll be sexy"? That's racist. If 'friend' just wanted to do master/slave sex roleplay, she and her boyfriend wouldn't have to specify that she's playing a different ethnicity. And that's before we even start getting into the aspect of how telling someone about your sexual escapades when they've made it clear that they're not interested and, in fact, actively do not want to be told makes you an rear end in a top hat.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for letting my ex spend the night at my apartment?
NTA, but also holy poo poo get the locks changed and call the loving cops. Ex has made it clear that he will not respect Sane People boundaries like "don't travel during a pandemic", and "don't break into your ex's apartment", and "don't force your way into your ex's bed". If he gave you the key back, there's no guarantee that he didn't have a copy made.

Is calling the cops on him unkind? Maybe. But he lives in London, you live in New York - one of the hot zones for the pandemic right now. A reasonable person would not be travelling domestically, much less internationally right now. (In fact, how the hell did he get from London to New York? The borders are closed right now.) He then topped that by breaking into your apartment, in the middle of the night, to "check up on you" after you'd been broken up for three months. He then topped that by bulllying you into letting him stay the night, and then bullied his way into your bed.

Therefore, your ex is not a reasonable person any more. He is dangerous. Look after your safety first; if he didn't want to roll the dice on getting arrested in a foreign country, then maybe he should have avoided getting on the plane to come to New York to begin with.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Grimdude posted:

"Oh it was just for her own safety!"

Yeah, you care that much about your ex step daughter you spiteful poo poo.

Yep. "I don't want her to get in trouble for having lied to the government! So I'm going to tell a government representative that she lied!"

God, I hope the stepdaughter can successfully spin this as "I was stressed during high school, but I've learned how to cope with stress and I don't see it being a problem going forward. Unfortunately, my ex-stepmother is vindictive and petty, and I suspect that this was an attempt to hurt my father by using me as a proxy."

(I mean, if she's got diagnosed chronic depression that requires medication to manage, she's not gonna get in. And if she gets diagnosed while in the military, she's kinda screwed from what I understand. But it's still lovely for the stepmom to do that.)

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for “shaming” my girlfriend into shaving her legs?

I can see it taking a full half hour if she's doing both her underarms and legs, plus trying to make sure she's not nicking herself in the process.

Plus about five to ten minutes for crying about how her boyfriend's an rear end in a top hat.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Cockmaster posted:

AITA for yelling at my girlfriend for not cleaning up her pee?

Under the circumstances, I'd say the pee-hand thing was at least partially justified, even if it might not have been the ideal way to handle it.

"Clean up after yourself like an actual adult" doesn't sound like something that one should have to compromise on. Certainly not to this extent.

Especially since he says the spot was still wet at 11 PM, when she woke him up with "hey, I peed the bed" at 5 AM. That's...an awfully long time for it to just sit there, not drying out. That's not "I peed a little" or "I didn't clean it up as well as I thought I did", that's having thoroughly soaked the mattress.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Hooooly gently caress not the rear end in a top hat. I’m an EMT and this made my brain break. EMT’s basically only deliver babies as a last resort when you can’t get them to the hospital.

Even if OP were a licensed OBGYN, I'd say not the rear end in a top hat. There's a reason why you're not supposed to do any sort of medical care for your family beyond basic first aid, and there's a hell of a lot that can go wrong with delivering a baby.

The_Franz posted:

I get what he was trying to do, but "everything is meaningless and it's all downhill from here" isn't the best way to console someone.
Yup. Especially not at a time when 'downhill' isn't just depressing, it's loving terrifying.

tactlessbastard posted:

Too late, she already got knocked up by an entire airport worth of baggage
And if it's a recent post, trying to run now is going to be a little more difficult than normal. Which isn't to say that she shouldn't run, because holy poo poo what the gently caress.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Miss posted:

Dumping her [26/F] for failing to believe me [25/M] about being sick?

:sever:. If she's consistently refused to believe you're sick every single time, and she only grudingly gave an apology this time when you could hit her with receipts that something was actually wrong, then she's going to backslide into "you're faking it for sympathy and attention".

Plus, gently caress her for her response to "can't go, my back is killing me and it feels like something is wrong" being "why do you have to ruin this for me".

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

LadyPictureShow posted:

My partner of 3 years says he doesn’t believe in monogamy.

"I don't believe in monogamy. But it's totally not because it gives me an excuse to keep cheating!"

Jfc. You can be polyamorous and not cheat.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

teen witch posted:

A post to remind me that while I’m kvetching about work. That things could be mind bogglingly worse.

Alcoholic sister in law, child abuse & me, the black sheep of the family. (Long.)

I want to scream fake as there’s no way multiple authority figures can let this happen but, then again, it is entirely within the realm of possibility.

Child protection services vanishing when it's clear that there's a pattern and that the mother is an uncontrolled alcoholic who keeps drinking during pregnancy?

Lol, no. Either something is going on in the background that OP isn't aware of, or this is ridiculously fake.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

HMS Beagle posted:

I am a single mom of 5 (33F) with a BF of almost 2 years (33M). We have one child together (daughter 4 mo) and his family doesn't know the baby or I exist. Please read and offer constructive advice.

Constructive advice? Male peace with the fact that he's happy to use you as a side piece, and cheated on his ex with you. His objections to being "intimidated" by your alleged flirting is just him trying to trash your self-confidence further than your ex-husband already did.

Then get a lawyer and sue him for child support. He will never willingly support your daughter, and by visiting frequently after being in contact with other people during a pandemic, he's putting you and your family at risk. Your daughter's very existence means he can't introduce her or you to his family without outing himself as a cheater; he won't do that.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

big dyke energy posted:

Look RENT sucks rear end but teens love it. The bigger issue is why everyone is blaming Dad here for his brother who just vanishes for days when he doesn't get his way??? Whaaat

Because "you know how he gets when he's upset, why would you make him upset, he's faaaaamillly", most likely. Also because dad is a reasonable person who can be talked with, and brother is an angry jerk who turns to alcohol when he's crossed.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

The best option for getting her to go to a doctor and get seen for this is to go "I believe that you believe God is talking to you, but let's have a doctor check you over just in case it's the devil making you ill so that you think you're hearing God."

If you're dealing with someone with potential religious delusions, then at least use them to your advantage if you're trying to get them medical help.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For letting my nephew rest in my chest?
What makes it just perfect, for me, is the "you must have forced him to do that". Because, y'know, toddlers are known for cooperating with where they nap. But loving lol that her sister is flipping out over OP napping in front of the TV with Thomas the Tank Engine playing, with her nephew in her arms.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

There is another update indeed
Good on OP that she's not going to either kick Ruby to the curb and make her homeless, or let her stay near the younger kids.

She should totally report the car stolen if Ruby doesn't turn up with it in a day or so, though.

aardwolf posted:

How was he the rear end in a top hat? There was absolutely nothing stopping his sister from wearing the headphones or simply studying someplace else.

Ordering the kid around in his own bedroom and then moving on to destroying his guitar strings very obviously wasn't about her learning - it was about displaying dominance and power. She went well out of her way to provoke her little brother and then got surprised and upset when he retaliated. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

For that matter, if the exam was really that important, why the gently caress did she wait until the night before to study? Her being lovely at time management isn't his fault either.
Everyone sucks, but he's the bigger rear end in a top hat because (assuming this is a recent post) his sister likely couldn't study somewhere else, and not all headphones are noise-cancelling.

Plus, nothing says she hadn't been studying beforehand too. A lot of people think that cramming the night before will be helpful for remembering more during the exam, so they'll be studying up to the last possible minute.

Nothing was keeping him from putting a pause on practicing until later or negotiating with her for her to have a couple hours of quiet studytime and him to have some practice time. The fact that he immediately restrung the guitar and returned to playing makes him the bigger rear end in a top hat - and as others have pointed out, he also started playing 'more quietly' after he restrung the guitar, which means he could have (and wasn't) playing quietly beforehand.

He's also the bigger rear end in a top hat because a good bra is easily $50 CAD at the low end; if he's paying that sort of money for guitar strings, he's massively overpaying. And if he cut through underwires, she's going to have to yank those out before the bra can be repaired - and a bra that's had the underwires removed doesn't provide the same sort of support any more. Depending on how badly he mangled her bras, they might not even be repairable - meaning she needs to get a whole new set, which gets loving Expensive.

Dienes posted:

You're not an rear end in a top hat for providing the correct title when asked to give the correct title to address you with.

100% wife being insecure.
Why not both? ESH, OP is being a bit of a pretentious rear end in a top hat (as people with PhDs can be prone to) and wife is being insecure.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying what FIL did is creepy?
I mean, it could be innocent, but the flipping out over "defiling the pictures of those he loves most" without any indication that MIL did anything but...dust it and then ask him wtf is up with the handkerchief-wrapped box with two pics in it totally means it's not innocent.

NTA, poo poo's creepy.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

At that rate I feel like even if the OP did get her another dress she'd need a new one by October.

That's some real rapid weight gain.

Yep. That much weight gain, that fast, makes me wonder if she isn't pregnant and holding off on telling OP because she doesn't want to deal with the OP freaking out about "how dare you be pregnant during my wedding, you're out of the bridal party".

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Invisible Clergy posted:

Read: not autistic

There's a lot of medical issues, especially for women, that are very difficult to get a diagnosis for. And being diagnosed as autistic as a girl can be really difficult too.

It's entirely possible that she's a garbage human being who is also autistic and has whatever other medical conditions she's claiming. Being an abusive piece of poo poo has nothing to do with whatever she's claiming she has.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Serene Dragon posted:

Why did she buy the dresses a year before the wedding? That's way, way earlier than you're even supposed to buy your own dress, let alone the bridesmaids. The further out you buy, the larger the likelihood of something happening (weight gain/loss, pregnancy etc.). 6 months out is the time most places will tell you to get the dresses, and even that is 2 months longer than is truly needed tbh.

Honestly, it's a mugs game caring about matching bridesmaid dresses. Just let them wear what they want, it's soooo much less hassle.

Eh, the bridal shop I got my wedding dress from had me come in about a month before, just to make sure everything still fit and there weren't any adjustments needed. So getting the dresses way, way in advance is feasible, you just need to make sure that there's an option to have them tailored to fit properly in time for the event.

Matching dresses isn't too bad, as long as you're willing to be loose with "matching". 'All identical' is going to suck, of course, but 'pick something that's at least from the same range of colours and will be something you look good in and will be willing to wear again' is pretty reasonable as long as the bride didn't pick an obnoxious colour to find.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Piell posted:

AITA for telling my wife that we're BOTH pregnant?

Ohhh, dude. No bet that his "help" doing chores is actually him half-assing it as much as he can get away with. Stuff like putting off the laundry until she's in tears and begging him to do it so that she has work-appropriate clothes to wear, or ruining her clothes.

And god drat at him going "I can put up with puking, but having to actually put any effort into caring for my pregnant wife, like getting her foods she's craving or giving her a foot massage to help her with her swollen feet? That's a bridge too far!" Even lovely sitcom husbands can manage that poo poo!

Also not taking any bets that 1) she makes more money, 2) she's still working from home right now (if this is a recent post) or hasn't started maternity leave, and 3) if he were required to cook, he'd resort to burgers or steaks (or anything else he can toss on a grill) with no sides, or he'd get the crappiest takeout he could, because he's definitely not participating in meal planning or prep if she's making her third meatloaf of the week; that's a "this requires only a few staples, and almost no actual thought and can be done with kids under foot, any harried housewife or working mom can put it together" type of dish.

(No way he wouldn't be bitching about it, too, if she made chicken nuggets or something like that.)

I hope she divorces him and gets custody, at least she wouldn't have to deal with him getting her pregnant all the time and would be able to get competent help with looking after the kids.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Licarn posted:

This is her third AITA post about these same roommates

AITA for being upset about my roommates eating my food?

WIBTA for not wanting to split household item costs with my roommates when I don't live there?

and yet

With the additional context, she's a bit of an rear end in a top hat for moving the guy in without reminding them that hey, if they hadn't found someone to sublet or weren't willing to chip in to cover her rent expenses, she was going to go ahead with that. But the roommates suck worse and seem used to taking advantage of her and her stuff.

Like, how do you use up someone else's pasta or whole bag of rice and not go "poo poo, sorry, I'll replace it on my next grocery run/lmk what it costs to replace it and I'll pay you back"? That's just common courtesy.

(Also, no surprise that her roommates don't go grocery shopping as often as she does; they're using her stuff, instead of buying their own, so they don't need to.)

Tbh, I was going to go with NTA anyway, because she did make reasonable efforts to 1) find a female subletter, and 2) when she couldn't find one, make sure any male subletter she found was safe and not a creep and that her roommates were comfortable with him in the house. It's not unreasonable for her to object to paying two sets of rent on a grad student budget, especially when she found out that some of her roommates are using her room as a communal area.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA For telling my friends mother if she can give me her sons guitar since he died?

"I never met his parents before, and it's only been a week since he died, and I phrased it in the worst way possible, but am I really the bad one here?"

loving vulture. Can't blame the mom at all for just shutting the door in his face, considering he's a rando going "hey, sucks that your son is dead, but he doesn't need his guitar any more, can I have it?"

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not making their baby?

Two autoimmune disorders, and they think OP would be a good donor?

Granted, it's invitro and the doctors will be checking for evidence that the embryos have inherited the disorder, but OP still has valid cause to go "uh, nah, find someone off the donor registry".

Also, raising my eyebrows at the idea that a kid from the wife's eggs won't be related enough to count. I'm wondering if it's just "yeah, you're too likely to drop dead" that's getting the husband vetoed by adoption services.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For getting upset that my partner says he won’t do anything for me for Mother’s Day?

So tomorrow is my first Mother’s Day, and my partner asked what I wanted for dinner tonight and suggested having steaks. I jokingly said “or we can have them tomorrow for a Mother’s Day dinner” and he laughed and said “I’m not doing anything tomorrow, I’m getting something for my mom and that’s it, it’s her [our daughter] responsibility to get you something” (Mind you our daughter is a month old).

I got a little upset and said how my dad always did something for my mom, and he shrugged his shoulders and said “well my dad never did”. I said I was a little hurt that he wasn’t going to do anything to make my first Mother’s Day special, even if it was just breakfast for me or a card. He repeated what he said, this time more annoyed and left the room. He said it’s not his job to do anything for me because I’m not his mom.

I feel really hurt and he says I have no reason to be upset.

"It's not my job to celebrate the fact that you're a mom, you should have thought about this before you gave birth last month!"

No bet that when the kid is old enough to actually put in any work towards gift giving, he does exactly nothing to help out with it and makes OP do all the heavy lifting.

OP should throw him in the trash, it would have cost him Exactly Nothing to go "hey, you're right, you being the mother of our child is something to celebrate, I'll save those steaks for tomorrow". It would have been the least effort he could have done to avoid revealing that he's an rear end in a top hat.