Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

4 years ago.
A text I sent to my (M24) GFs friend (F23) might have costed me my relationship because I was "rude"

Can't even find any humor in this, just an ugly situation, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

betaraywil posted:

Where does pottage fit into all this

AITA for making my father re-book my wedding venue at nearly triple the original cost after my stepsister cancelled my original booking?
IANAL but I uh don't think the DA is going to prosecute the 18-year-old for Venue Cancellation Fraud.

Tend to agree with your NAL assessment. Also, rather than make your dad sell off property why not just push the date back? I'm not married so I don't know all the intricacies in planning a wedding but that seems a lot more pragmatic.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Abandoning your spouse because you find someone more interesting and rich is already arguably lovely, at least for said spouse, but trying to pitifully crawl back to the family after completely abandoning your son is just pathetic. Hope they kick her to the curb.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

LimburgLimbo posted:

this is probably a woman who was pressured for her entire life to fulfill the stereotypical role of mother and wife...She likely spent her whole life beforehand working and wondering when she’d be able to live the life she dreamed of.

I have a very minute amount of sympathy for her for these reasons, but the sympathy is minute because, again, who abandons their teenage(?) son and refuses to take calls or get in touch. Don't have kids if you're so willing to drop them at a moments notice.

edit: not teenage