Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My friend(40F) is in a relationship with a much older man(109M) and that is making me uncomfortable.

Which vampire is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Grimdude posted:

I wanted to highlight some of that wife spanking bullshit to make fun of some of the more awful segments. It really is just the whole thing though.

Like highlighting the entire chapter you were assigned for homework.

This is what happens when american christians discover BDSM.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

DemoneeHo posted:

America is his finsub paypig.

:pseudo:

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Invisible Clergy posted:

Even assuming tipping culture didn't exist, like France or whatever, how long do foreigners typically spend at restaurants for meals? Is it really normal for them to spend 3+ hours there?

As a foreigner in a non-tipping culture(wtf?!), having dinner outside with friends usually takes 2+ hours. You sit, you order, you talk and drink and eat with your friends. The purpose isnīt to get calories inside you as fast as possible, its to spend time with your friends.
From what friends who have visited, tell me, its different in american restaurants. There, they want to you to come, order and leave as soon as possible.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The thing I'm not clear on is whether it was a bar -- what she called it -- or a restaurant. If it were a bar, they wouldn't be trying to get rid of the party; if it was a restaurant, they certainly would.

Why? Profit margins on alcohol are much higher than on food.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

cumshitter posted:

It takes maybe a couple weeks for the state you reside in to produce a death certificate.

Wtf? Couple weeks? Why does the it take so long?

E; Can you bury someone without death certificate or do you have to wait for it with the body?

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

There's the actual certificate the doctor signs, "Yup, sure looks dead to me", and then there's the state-printed and embossed legal certificate saying "This resident of the state of Blah died on thus and such a date." The second one is the one that takes time.

Here, when doctor/ambulance/etc does the "looks dead to me" declaration, that automatically triggers the change in the population register database, and the certificate is granted immediately.

Something like that probably wouldn't work in the US, since americans lack an unique ID and have to do it manually, which is why it takes so much longer.

the heat goes wrong fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 25, 2020

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Bruceski posted:

...is this weird? It's not like any of us had some horrible fungus, if you need to grab something from the garage workshop you just slip on whichever pair's around that fits. We're talking cheap flip-flops here, not big deal hiking sandals like Tevas or something.

Lol just slip on the family gurglespurts pants. :shrek:

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Funktastic posted:

I can’t really cook, but I’m on a tight budget

If only there was some way to fix this. 🤔

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Tonton Macoute posted:

This actually gave me a nostalgic flashback. It used to be common for largeish workplaces in the former Soviet Union to throw Christmas (or New Years, depending) holiday parties for children of the staff. Santas, trees, songs, small gifts, packets of sweets. I think they must have went out of fashion at least a couple of decades back though. Unfortunately, I am not old enough to remember if adults had their own parties, but it seems logical that there would have been some.

Since Christmas was a religious holiday, celebrating it wasnīt allowed in Soviet Union. Instead of Christmas, you had a different holiday after that, where Father Winter/Ded Moroz, gave out gifts and was in nearly every way similar to Santa Claus. But it wasnīt Christmas, so that was okay.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Uncle Enzo posted:

This is even assuming that the "party" would have even actually been one, and not some elaborate "prank" to mock and harm the OP.

"A person pulled out a gun and shot it at me, but I ducked and they missed. AITA?"

My workmate stalked me and then tried to play a cruel joke on me. Am I lovely person for it?

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
Its rabbit. There is already poop there.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
Vikings were so clean you couldnīt help but genocide them:

"filthy english" posted:

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Kenshin posted:

I'm not sure it is, but it is most certainly unwise.

ADHD dad deserves plenty of blame here but so does mom.

What? Why? What exactly 9 year olds in America do, that they can't be trusted to survive alone at their own home where they already spend most of their time? Gas burner mishaps?

Holy poo poo! It's illegal to leave 14 year olds alone in Illinois! :aaa:

the heat goes wrong fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 9, 2021

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

limp_cheese posted:

Two things here.

1. Is it weird they have joint custody but the son and daughter are not at the same parent's house?

2. Its obvious the son is the favorite since the dad is pissed the son "looked bad." I'm guessing the father sees the son as an extension of himself so since the son "looks bad" he obviously does too. Don't forget to throw in a healthy dose of patriarchy and "how dare a woman make a man feel stupid" too.

Probably its case of a stepbrother.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Penn Jillette did this and talks about it in one of his books. Although as he tells it, everyone could tell he wasn't gay and he wasn't approached or flirted with. Still, cheap sauna!

"Iīm not fat, its just everyone can tell Iīm not gay!"

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Kurieg posted:

My favorite part of this is they're still talking about her in the third person like her name is a killing word.

Typing out her name got you autobanned from reddit, so people are probably still careful.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Wolfsbane posted:

This works in America and basically nowhere else. In most (all afaik) European countries citizenship is based on the parents' citizenship, not place of birth. I'm not aware of anywhere else that uses jus soli anymore.

A lot more countries use jus soli than I thought. Most of them are located in the americas though.
Dark blue = jus soli, lighter tones are jus soli with some restrictions.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

oh jay posted:

Do these sound like the actions of a man who had all he could eat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqT-AvswCZo

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

Armitag3 posted:

Age is gonna be very important here.

What does your heart tell you?

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

low key sex master posted:

jesus christ dude you are not responsible for her

At a certain point you just have to cut bait

NO!
I will set myself on fire, just to keep you warm for a little bit longer.
There are no downsides to my plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

therobit posted:

IDK about the UK, but disclosing someone else’s account number or name would be a privacy violation in the US and your bank wouldn’t do it. They could only provide whatever information you provided to them.

While revealing individual names would be a privacy violation, company names are public info.