Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== FAL-TAGRA NESSHU :: ROUND 35 ========================
• Bobby-Jack attacks Defense Golem (20) and damages it!
• Slag shoots at Defense Golem (16) and damages it!
• Brick shoots at Plague Dog (1) :automiss:
• Rodric attacks Defense Golem (18) and damages it!
> Rodric moves info Fire (2) (-6)(1 damage)
• Slid shoots at Plague Dog (14) and slays it! (+16 xp)
• Mr and Ms. Guiscoe use Healing Censer!
• Algal casts Lightfoot!
• Honiko casts Barrier Ward!
• Romper attacks Steam Golem (8) but fails to damage it
> Healing Censer
> Mr. and Ms. Gusicoe (1) (Heals 10 hp)
> KLOMBO takes 1 damage from Heatshock I.
> Bobby-Jack takes 1 damage from Heatshock I.
> Rodric takes 2 damage from Toxin
> Algal takes 1 damage from Toxin

----------------------------------------------------------
• Modified Motor Bowman shoots at Romper (8)(-9 armor)( 1 damage)
• Steam Golem attack Mr. and Ms. Guiscoe (11)(-2 armor)(9 damage)
> Steam Golem Vents steam
> Mr. and Ms. Guiscoe take 3 damage

quote:

"What else is there? The fight. Everything else is a shadow cast by that fire. Everything."
Rodric along hears a low, slow laugh that seems to send a ripple down the length of the burning hallway.

"I Could Not Have Said Better Myself."

Defense Golem speaker posted:

ALERT MECHANISM DAMAGE
THREAT MULTIPLIER UPDATED: 1.47
AUTOREPAIR PRECEPT ACTIVE
SECONDARY RUNECORE ACTIVE

• Defense Golem attacks Rodric (10)(+6 explosion)(-10 armor)( 6 damage)
• Defense Golem uses Electrobolt
> Vs KLOMBO (12 Vs 6 MOVE) :hit: (5 damage)
> Vs Rodric (4 Vs 6 MOVE) :Miss:
>Autorepair: Defense Golem regains 1 HP.

• Tough Plague Dog Attacks Algal (8)(-10 armor)(1 damage)(+4 Toxin)
• Plague Dog Attacks Algal (9)(10 armor)(1 damage)(+1 Toxin)
• Exile Marksman shoots at Honiko (9)(-6 armor)(3 damage)

[ARCHIVE] [TERMS & ERRATA] [KLOMBO's Journal]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomatoTime
Jan 16, 2020
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

"Well drat." Romper looked at the golem before he glared at the motorbowman. "Can you just stop? I'll stab you in a minute but really you're just being annoying."
He scampered back into range to hit the Golem. "Prepare to actually get stabbed this time!"

>Move: 1S, 4W
>Action: Stab Steam Golem!!!: 1d10o10+6 11

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emboldened by his earlier success, Bobby-Jack let his dagger fly yet again, only to have it bounce off of armor plate. Cursing under his breath, the man ducked behind a corner, and reminded himself of ancient wisdom he almost allowed himself to forget: hope was for the soon departed.

>Action: Attack Defense Golem 3S of me with my Chained Dagger: 1d10o10+6 9
>Move: 1E
Remember range 3 AoO

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
KLOMBO

"F-f-gently caress electricity!", Klombo barked between chattering teeth. Taking a deep breath and drawing from reserves of strength, his drove in his blade - but the aftershocks sent it skittering off the armor. He called for Honiko again <Hey lady, gettin' zapped over here!>

> Attack the Golem!: 1d10+6 8
> Upgrade END

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

2 dogs, and 1 bowman to the north, and way too many dogs to the south. Hope somebody backs my play.
"I'll take the left door, someone take the right, the rest of you kill that bowman and those dogs, I don't like getting bitten or shot in the back!"
Brick stepped to his planned spot, and stabbed at the plague dog in front of him, but the machete just slid off it's hide.
"Crap."

"Someone buy Haste" Okay, didn't know Honiko could do that. Magic was so cool, for the millionth time Brick wished he had the talent, but Momma hadn't raised no mages.

"I got it Honiko. No worries. Tozi, please purchase Haste scroll from my account." Brick braced himself for the coming attacks from the plague dogs.

Move: 1W, 1S
Action: stab the plaguedog: 1d10o10+7 9

Starting Cash $129
Buy Haste from Connections for $80 put in Storage.
End cash $49

Remember Arcstone

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 12, 2021

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Fal Tagra Nesshu
Slid Viscous

The battle was still too quick for Slid to think, too fast to do anything but notice the archer and take his shot.

3W, fire on exile marksman

firing on exile marksman!!: 1d10o10+5+2 8

OK, maybe there should be SOME time for thinking.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

The Guiscoes are toppled onto the floor together by the great fist of the machine! But they know how to deal with this - Mr. Guiscoe holds the crossbow in his teeth, and Mrs. Guiscoe does likewise with the censer, even as it scalds her face. They prop themselves up from their supine position with their respective free limbs, forming a matrimonial quadruped. Together they scramble out of the way, past the other, even more menacing golem. Once they're relatively in the clear, Mrs. Guiscoe's core strength does all the work of standing them back up, which saves Mr. Guiscoe enough valuable milliseconds to let loose his loaded bolt!

Move 1E 3N 1E
Ranged Attack vs. Defense Golem @ 2W: 1d10+6 = 10

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

"Alright wait for me I'm coming!"

>Move: 6E
>Action: Cock heavy crossbow with malicious intent

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

Playing catch-up.

Move: S5 W1
Action: hum tunelessly

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
=== Fal-Tagra Nesshu ===

Honiko Bonik

With her palm still pressed against the sparkling meta-solid surface of the Barrier Wards she'd erected, the green-haired mage-priestess Honiko Bonik made a quick jerking torsion effort to spin around and raise her stony shield, just in time to block a hard-punching bolt fired from a drow marksman's crossbow. She felt a tingling soreness creeping up her shield arm's bones after the shattered bolt's impact.

"These wards won't hold forever!" Honiko warned her teammates aloud, some of whom were still approaching the fight. "Get ready for the dog-pile!"

In the brief interim she had before her Barrier Wards crumbled, Honiko reached out with her mystic senses to check on her other allies - the ones fighting the construct armies elsewhere in this fort - and she was suddenly bombarded with a slew of queued requests from Klombo repeatedly asking for a healing potion.

Klombo, in magic order-space posted:

<Hey lady, could use a potion.>
<Hey lady, gettin' zapped over here!>
...(etc.)

Honiko grimaced, glanced both ways as her Barrier Wards began to lose their material cohesion, and retrieved the healing potion she'd distilled at the guild from her primary potion pouch. She began the incantation for the proper spell, lowering her eyelids until they flickered and fluttered:

"Such trials fared that healers cared, the regulars stared, but buyer beware: he who drinks this brew, their life may resume anew. Sharing wares: Transmit."

The mage's eyes opened with a flash of magic and the bottle in her hand was gone.

> Action: Honiko casts Transmit (13 -> 12/18)! Transmit Healing Potion (25 HP) to Klombo: 1d10 6 - Success!
> Move: 1W, face S, raise shield.
> Runner: Bring Healing Potion (+30 HP) from Guild (purchased by Klombo) to Fal-Tagra Nesshu. You will be dropping it on the ground for Vikeeg to retrieve and then immediately heading back to the guild!

Elsewhere, Klombo feels a liquid weight suddenly appear in a spare belt pouch. Inside the pouch is a Healing Potion with a brief note attached in Honiko's handwriting.

Note to Klombo posted:

Good job, but you forgot to flag your request as 'urgent!' Try not to die!
- Honiko

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ghorg [Arcis mysteriad]

Ghorg takes a breather.
Somewhere better would've been preferred, but that's hindsight for you.

>Ghorg [Rests]:[Dried Meat]

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Arcis Mysteriad

>N4, E3

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Arcis Mysteriad

Closing his eyes briefly, Valter sensed the teleology connection and nodded.

"All right, I sense the line. We take the southward path."

Looking over at Ghorg and Izumi, he waited until the ninja was clear and then called upon his power to give the group respire from the various eyes.

Move: 1W 3N

Act: Barrier ward expending 2 MP, 3E and 3E 1N, after Izumi and after anyone shooting at the eyes.

Their backs were covered. Now, what was down there?

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 11, 2021

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Arcis Mysteriad
Fjorm

Move
5S

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Bjorn The Roamer

"Obligate tracing utmost direct, Ghorg!"

Swallowing the last crumbs of his meal, Bjorn nodded in approval at Ghorg's fine display of teleology. Seeing that it had turned them in the correct direction now, the sportsmage carefully attempted to skip around Scapula's trap to peek into the next room - getting his feet stung by that piece of machinery would hurt.

>W1, S4

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Arcis Mysteriad

Now things were blurry and dark, and she was pretty sure she hadn't managed to kill that eye-thing. But Izumi was well-prepared: One of the first lessons in Sensei-sensei's pamphlet was that a true ninja could let their other senses pick up the slack when one of them was faltering. She closed her eyes and focused hard, listening for the slightest sound.

AJ_Impy posted:

"All right, I sense the line. We take the southward path."

Izumi nodded, flashed some hand signs, and vanished from the cloud of darkness. It was good that she already had a cloud to disappear in--Tozi had finally confiscated most of her smoke bombs after she'd kept setting them off inside the guild. She had to ration the few she still had left.

Cast Lightfoot
N1 W9 S2

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 11, 2021

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Fal-Tagra Nesshu - Slag Rolodex

Move N1 W2 N1
Shoot Defense Golem: 1d10o10+7 9

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== HARGWIR BARROWS :: ROUND 8 ========================
• Billy shoots at Imp shooter
> Imp Stabber AOO (1) :automiss:
(8) :hit: (+8 xp)
• Ashti attacks Imp grunt (11) and slays it! (+8 xp)
• Delane attacks Imp Grunt (14) and slays it! (+8 xp)
• Leif searches and finds odds and ends worth $5 to the party
> Lief finds 1 Dried Meat
• Imp Shooter shoots at Delane (5)(-2 armor)(3 damage)
• Imp stabber attacks Delane (1)(-2 Armor)(1 damage)
• Imp Slinger throws a rock at Delane (10)(+1explosion)(-2 Armor) (9 damage)

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== ARCIS MYSTERIAD :: ROUND 6 =========================
• Ghorg rests and regains 10 hp.
• Izumi casts Lightfoot!
• Valter casts Barrier Ward
> Fjorm moves across a trap (2) but doesn't set it off.
> Bjorn moves across a trap (9) but doesn't set it off.
• Journeyman Servitor Teleports.
• Journeyman Servitor Teleports.

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 12, 2021

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Move:W2 N2

Attack exile: 1d10o10+8 14

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== FAL-TAGRA NESSHU :: ROUND 36 ========================
• Romper attacks Steam golem (11) and damages it!
• Bobby-Jack attacks Defense Golem (9) but doesn't damage it.
• KLOMBO attacks Defense Golem (8) but doesn't damage it.
• Brick attacks Plague Dog (9) but doesn't kill it.
> Arcstone (5) :Procs: (11) :miss:
• Slid shoots at Exile Marksman (8) but fails to kill it.
• Mr and Ms. Gusicoe shoot at Defense Golem (10) but don't damage it.
• Honiko casts Transmit (6) :success:
• Slag shoots at Defense golem (9) but fails to damage it
• Algal attacks Exile Marksman (14) and slays it! (+16 xp)
• Rodric attacks Defense golem (1) :automiss:
>KLOMBO takes 1 damage from Heatshock I
> Bobby-Jack takes 1 damage from HeatShock I
> Rodric takes 1 damage from Toxin
> Algal takes 1 damage from Toxin
>Healing cense
Mr. & Ms. Gusicoe (8) :no proc:
• Steam Golem attacks Romper (6)(-9 armor)(1 damage)
• Steam Golem vents steam
> vs Romper: 4 damage
• Defense Golem attacks Mr & Ms Gusicoe (10)(-2 armor)(8 damage)
• Defense Golem uses Flame Arc
> Vs. Slag (1 - 6MOVE)(1 damage) (2 Vs 4END) : no effect :
> Vs Bobby-Jack (7 - 7MOVE)(1 damage) (5 Vs 1END) : Heatshock I applied

Defense Golem Speaker posted:

Oh, it's the green poison guy with the weird armor. Hey again! You said you wanted to be a guinea pig or something? Hold that thought, I'm almost done with my new thing. In the meantime how do you like the defense golem? I didn't design it but I'm still willing to listen to feedback. Oh. poo poo. poo poo it just set a bunch of books on fire. Whoops! I'm gonna say you guys did that.
• Plague Dog attacks Brick (1) ::automiss:
• Plague Dog attacks Brick (9) (-7 armor)(2 damage)(+3 toxin)
• Plague Dog attacks Brick (6) (-7 armor)(1 damage)(+4 toxin)
• Plague Dog attacks Brick (9) (-7 armor)(2 damage)(+3 toxin)
• Plague Dog attacks Honiko (9) (-6 armor) (3 damage)(+6 toxin)
• Tough Plague Dog attacks Late Johnson (9) (-2 armor) (7 damage)(+6 toxin)
• Tough Exile Marksman shoots at Honiko (9) (-6 armor) (3 damage)

quote:

Far from the combat, a whisper drifts through the halls, seeming at once far and unsettlingly close.
"Ohh… Children… What has become of you? Wake… Please… It is not yet time to sleep… Let me see your faces… Let me hear your sweet voices, again."

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Fal-Tagra Nesshu - Slag Rolodex

Move N1
Shoot Defense Golem: 1d10o10+7 15

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

Okay disembodied whispers, that can not be good.
"Honiko, I really didn't mean you be in the shield wall. Kindly move away, please."
Brick took Honiko's place, and stabbed at one of the dogs between him and escape, once again not able to kill the dog. okay, so maybe we should have taken the day off.
"Trick Shot." he muttered as he tried to avoid getting chewed on by dogs.

"KLOMBO and Bobby need money to ... Brick ignored the rest of Tozi's telepathic message, didn't matter why they needed it, brick's money wasn't going to do a lot of good here.
"Tozi, I'll pitch in 17" better to keep some in reserve

Move: 1N, 1E
Action: stab the plaguedog 1N1E: 1d10o10+7 12
Starting cash: 49
Donate $17 to Buy the Golem Controller Fund
End cash: $32

Remember Arcstone

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 13, 2021

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

A crazed, diseased dog runs toward Jane and snarls at her. Its skin pulsates as poison gas bladders swell and contract.

"Oh, bubble wrap! I love popping this stuff!"

Attribute allocate: +1 ATK
Move: Stay still
Action: attack the Tough Plague Dog, 1d10+8=[12]

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
KLOMBO

Squinting at the heat, Klombo's heat-touched face broke into a grin. "Yeah, hi! The golem is amazing! I mean, I'm going to feel really bad when I - and by "I" I mean we, we're a team (with great benefits, by the way) - break it into its component parts, but it's really cool! It's a little cumbersome, but I dig it." He dodged a swinging arm, clashing his blade awkwardly against the armor plating. Focus, man. Eye on the prize. "But yeah, looking forward to your next creation! Or, you know, you could just come out and talk!?"

> Move East
> Attack the Golem!: 1d10o10+6 8
> All Money In For Golem

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 15, 2021

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Rodric von Richter

The stocky knight let's out a furious snarl as the golem ignores him. Rodric batters at the less armored mechanisms of the automaton's rear plates.

"Direct your unholy creation to face me, nitwit!"

Move: E1
Action: Melee the Defense Golem: 1d10o10+12 17

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Fal Tagra Nesshu
Slid Viscous

stand fast, fire on plague dog

firing on plague doggie: 1d10o10+5+2 8

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Arcis Mysteriad

Seeing one of their number injured and without deliciously matured comestibles, Valter halved his remaining supply and offered it to his wounded colleague.

"Looks like you could do with something for the road. Here, I bought plenty."

That resolved, Valter muttered a quick incantation of alacrity, then blazed a trail south, trying to hop over the trap.

FreeAct: Drop 2 Old Rations for Scapula

Act: Valter casts Fleetfoot expending 3 MP.

Move: 2W 10S

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

quote:

====== ITEM CHANGES =====
• Heavy Crossbows will be changed to have the following stats: [+1 RA][Range:8](-2 Move) ((tldr: reduced range and -move))
• (most) enemies that had a R:10 ranged attack have also had their ranged reduced to 8.

If you have a Heavy crossbow and really like the longer range, you have the option to swap it out for the following Special Weapon:

quote:

+ Torque Ballista*
[+2 RA][Range:12](Int Req*)(-2 move)
Special: This weapon cannot be fired if the user moved or this round. If this weapon is fired the user may not make a move action this round.
* This weapon usually has a INT requirement. It is waived for this exchange, but will reappear if the weapon is ever sold, traded, etc.

So, I cannot help but notice that we have dogs, now?
We have dogs now! …and some other stuff. You're gonna wanna keep those cages closed, though…
Yes, I see. I was alerted to the situation as I discovered my medical gauze being shredded. Dare I ask where you acquired these impetuous canine specimens?
Oh, some Gobbo merchant that stopped by. I got them for …you know… Cave stuff.
...also I know some Trols I can maybe resell them to. I guess they eat them? I dunno.

archive posted:

+Steam Golem Controller
(Int Req) Being in possession of this item at map start will spawn a pre-created Steam Golem as the character's familiar. Golem stats are randomized and set when the item is first dropped.

In addition to the normal Familiar abilities (ATTACK/HEEL), the Golem's owner can use their Action to control the Golem as per the spell Possession (except this costs no MP) If the Golem is destroyed, it can be repaired using a Repair kit. Unlike normal items, a Golem is repaired on a roll of [Cost/20] A Golem cannot act on the same round it is repaired.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

"Ah, I appear to have been poisoned. And I don't have any means of being unpoisoned. This is an unideal position for me, time to goooooooo." Johnson attempted to flee from the Tough Plague Dog giving him grief. A slightly less tough one stood in his way but he knifed it between the eyes and kept running.

But yes I would like to swap the Heavy Crossbow for a Torque Ballista, I like keeping my range for this exact reason.

>Action: Throw a Steel Knife at the Plague Dog 2W. 1d10o10+9 = 17
>Move: >Move 3W, 2N, 1E

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

HARGWIR BARROWS

"Oops."

Move E1
Shoot Southern Imp Slinger in Doorway: 1d10o10+1 2

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Bjorn The Roamer

"Beckoned Fjorm, let the accusation facing!"

With these brave words, Bjorn leapt into the unknown. One was, after all, in a race against time.

>S3, E2
>Contingency: Attack anything in melee range, priority on ranged enemies if multiple foes in reach

If Fjorm/everyone feel we shouldn't push forward without more intel yet, I can remain still and cast a Magic Eye while the rest of the team gets closer.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

"Better get a shield wall in here, these big dogs are a real pain."

Move:S4 E1

Attack dogge SE: 1d10o10+8 17

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

The couple get knocked back by a second steampunk robot punch. Even in his dazed state, Mr. Guiscoe draws back the bowstring and sets another bolt from sheer muscle memory. Mrs. Guiscoe plants her feet on the ground, anticipating the ballistic recoil. They draw in a single breath before letting the projectile fly...

Keep Heavy Crossbow
Move 1S 1E
Ranged Attack vs Defense Golem @ 2W: 1d10+6 = 12 11

charms fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 14, 2021

TheSoulian
Dec 5, 2016

As he recoils from the devastating stone hurled his way, Delane's hat goes flying back, "You damned imps!" Delane shouts, the top of his head once again shamefully visible. Dropping perfectly into stance, Delane kills another imp.

He cries, "Get them, or something!" as he runs back, regaining his dapper cap in the retreat.

>Action: https://orokos.com/roll/875702Attack the imp[/url] 1d10+9 = 16
Move: 4W, 3S

TheSoulian fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 14, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

"Ah gods curse it all", Bobby-Jack muttered under his breath as yet another sea of billowing flame engulfed him. The situation was untenable. He'd have time for one last parting shot before darting to safety, if that. Hurriedly, he reached beyond the wall he was using as cover, and launched a high velocity steel dart into one of the thing's glassy eyes.

>Free Action: Invest all my cash into the Golem Controller
>Move: 1W
>Action: Wrist Launched Steel Throwing Knife against Defense Golem: 1d10o10+8 16
Remember range 3 AoO

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Arcis Mysteriad
Fjorm

Move
7S

Action:
If target in melee range: Melee attack
if no targets in melee range but in ranged attack range: range attack against closest target
otherwise: search

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
=== Fal-Tagra Nesshu ===

Honiko Bonik

One of the plague dogs snapped at Honiko's heels as she knocked another bolt out the air that had been shot at her head by a drow marksman. The bolt shattered off Honiko's rigid stone shield and sent several sharp splinters slicing into her cheek. She tried to kick away at the dog violently pulling at her boots from behind, and it let go, only to sink its diseased fangs into her thigh instead.

"Yipe!" Honiko yelped, and she started swatting the plague-bearing dog biting into the back of her leg with her spellbook. "Back! Ach - Brick! Gettitoffme!"

"Honiko," Brick responded calmly, despite everything, "I really didn't mean you be in the shield wall. Kindly move away, please."

Brick was busy being besieged by a whole team of trained attack dogs snapping at him from three different directions, and they were all foaming at the mouth as they tried to bring the armored man down with numbers. She'd never felt this helpless since she'd ditched her steel axe to make more space for scrolls, snacks, and potions. She wished she could just chop the thing's head off herself...

As though answering Honiko's prayers, the warrior Algal Bloom left the body of the drow he'd slain to advance on the masses of diseased attack dogs. From behind his plated tower shield, Algal stabbed the nearest one with his spear, running it through. The other dogs, including the one clamped onto Honiko's leg, reared back and snarled. Algal nodded to Honiko and she took the message: it was expected for her to fall back.

Honiko withdrew to the back of the kennels and produced her magic chalk, whereupon she began to etch circular runework onto the stone floor. As she invested her mana into her etchings, she tried to tried to ignore the whispers of powerful necromancy being performed somewhere nearby, tugging furtively at the edges of her magical awareness...

(Turn Order: Algal -> Honiko -> Brick -> The Late Johnson)
> Move: N4, W3.
> Action: Create Lesser Portal rune to E (12 -> 9/18 MP)!
> Vikeeg: Drop the Scroll of Haste next to the Lesser Portal rune by the exit before you leave, thanks!
> Runner: (Should be showing up this round) Drop the Healing Potion (30 HP) on the Scroll of Haste left by Vikeeg, please, thanks! Then you may return to the guild!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hargwir Barrow

Ashti Zann

She'd told them to hold the line -- now it was her turn. The axeman was wounded badly, and they looked to be getting deeper into the imps' sanctum, which logically meant more imps. Ashti told herself this wasn't an emergency, but she still needed to do her drat job.

She advanced again, trying to get between the rock-throwing imp and her companions. That went without a hitch; her second goal, to put her sword between the imp's ribs, went just as well. Progress.

This was how a real grave-robber was supposed to think, right? She was a professional. These were just imps. Ignore the new friend bleeding out and do the job.

> Move: 1N, 4E, 1S
> Action:
Melee attack Imp Slinger 1S: 1d10o10+7 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Billy's shot had gone awry, but with Delane having retreated for the safety of the alcove, and Ashti taking care of the Imp Billy had aimed for, Leif moved up to take care of a problem in the wings-an Imp approaching from the North-East.

Move: 2E, 1S, 5E

Leif moved into position and took his shot at the bow-and-arrow-wielding Imp.

Crossbow Attack (+Poison) vs Imp Shooter: 1d10o10+4 7

Junpei fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 15, 2021