Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby-Jack took one look at the mechanical catapult that trundled into view at the back of the corridor.

"...Yeah."

"How about no?"

>Action: Use Shothook to retrieve Steel Throwing Axe 2W 1N of my current position (Shothook durability roll: 1d10 3)
>Move: 3E 4S
>Familiar Order: HEEL
Remember range 3 AoO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== FAL-TAGRA NESSHU :: ROUND 49 ========================
• Jane attacks Exile Hound (9) but doesn't kill it.
• Honiko casts Transmit!
• Brick rests and regains 20 hp
• Algal attacks Exile Hound (13) and slays it! (+18 xp)
• Late Johnson's target is already dead
• KLOMBO Drinks a healing potionad regains 30 HP!
> KLOMBO walks over a trap trigger!
> Trap ballista Vs KLOMBO (21) (-15 armor)(6 damage)
• KLOMBO drops Poison Sprayer Mk.1 on a trap trigger
> Trap Ballista Vs. Drow Golem Shooter (17) - Hit -
> Trap Ballista Vs. Drow Golem Shocker (33) - Hit-
> Trap Ballista Vs. Drow Golem Scyther (22) - Hit-
> Trap Ballista Vs. Drow Golem Scyther (18) - Hit-
• Mr. and Ms. Guiscoe shoot at Exile Defender but the shot is blocked by a Wall Shield
• Romper attacks Exile Defender (14) but doesn't wound it.
• Rodric attacks Exile Skirmisher (1) and is clearly being Tested by Orokos, even by proxy.
• Slid shoots at Houndmaster Khitran
> The shot is intercepted by the Defending Exile Hound! (13) but doesn't kill it.
• Barty Mapleseed shoots at Exile Hound (1) - Automiss-

> KLOMBO takes 3 damage from Toxin
> KLOMBO ends gains 8 toxin from ending turn in a poison gas cloud

> Algal gains 5 hp from Trollblood Potion.
----------------------------------------------------------

Remote Bomb Speaker posted:

ARRGBBRRRLLRRREGAGEAGRRR!!!! NO GODS DAMNIT, I NEED THESE TO TEST THE LAUNCHER, STOP MAKING ME USE THEM ON YOU!! IDIOT!!
• Remote Bomb MK.II Explodes!
> Vs KLOMBO (19) (-11 armor) (8 damage)(+9 toxin)
• Drow Golem Shooter shoots at KLOMBO (12) (-11 armor) (2 damage)
• Drow Golem Shooter shoots at KLOMBO (8) (-11 armor) (1 damage)
• Drow Golem Shooter shoots at KLOMBO (12) (-11 armor) (2 damage)
• Drow Golem Shooter shoots at KLOMBO (14) (-11 armor) (3 damage)

• Drow Marskman uses Pinion
> Vs Romper (1) - automiss -
> Vs. Mr and Ms. Gusicoe (6)(-2 armor) (4 damage)
• Drow Defender uses Wall Shield
• Tough Drow Spellbinder casts Blade Barrier on Tough Exile Defender

• Plague Dog attacks Algal (12)(-10 armor) (2 damage) (+3 Toxin)

• Houndmaster Khitran uses Defend Call
• Houndmaster Khitran uses Kill Call

• Exile Hound attacks Barty Mapleseed (7)(??!!!)) but doesn't kill it.
• Exile Hound attacks Late Johnson (11)(+2 Pack Helper) (-2 armor)(11 damage)

Houndmaster Khitran posted:

Where have your friends gone, little hunter? You shouldn't wander alone.
• Houndmaster Khitran attacks with a Great Weapon
> Vs. Algal (14)(+4 Pack Helper)(-10 armor)(8 damage)
• Exile Hound attacks Algal (8)(+2 Pack Helper) (-10 armor) (2 damage)
• Exile Hound attacks Algal (14)(+4 Pack Helper)(+2 Kill Command) (-10 armor) (10 damage)

[ARCHIVE] [TERMS & ERRATA] [KLOMBO's Journal]

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Fal-Tagra Nesshu - Slag Rolodex

Rest: +25HP (Old Ration + IoH)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby-Jack sprinted down the hallway, towards the door in the distance that shook with the force of explosions, barely stopping to decapitate an enemy mechanism that was trying to trundle towards a better firing position.

He hated situations like this. Situations where the odds of success were slim, but there regardless.

Here's hoping that oaf's seemingly infinite supply of dumb luck hadn't dried out just yet...

>Move: 1S 6W
>Action: Attack Modified Motor Bowman 1W 3S of me with Wrist Launched Steel Throwing Axe: 1d10o10+10 18
Remember range 3 AoO

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Item Changes posted:

+ Trap kits have been renamed to Deadly Trap, to differentiate them from Capture Traps. They have also had their attack bonuses increased somewhat.

+Deadly Trap ((tldr: Traps can now be attacked or pickaxed, etc. Smart creatures may attack them rather than walking into them.))
Can be used to lay a trap in an open square. Laying a trap makes you Vulnerable.
If a non-flying enemy moves into a trap-containing square, they suffer an attack for [ D10+Bonus] Trap is destroyed once triggered. Once set, a trap cannot be recovered. Intelligent creatures may recognize traps and try to avoid or destroy them. Traps can be attacked, and have HP equal to [INT requirement*10] and no armor. Items used to Excavate can be used to attack traps, and the excavation bonus will apply to damage. Friendly units can move into a square containing a trap, however there is a 10% chance the trap will activate on them when they do so.

Udilov, thank you very much for helping me set this up.
Sure.
This isn't my forte, but if everyone is ready, I'll begin.
The stones we placed today do not mark bodies, but here shall stand as signs of remembrance.
We remember the faces and deeds of the ones whose names are written here.
We remember their creeds, and their dreams, fulfilled or unfulfilled.
We remember our shared frailty in the face of a world bigger and wilder than any of us can truly know.
We remember what has been lost.
But the sum of a life is not a stone.
It is a ripple, moving ever outward. We can know it's beginning, but no one will truly see it's end.
Only part of their story has ended. The rest will be a tale of what they sowed upon this earth.
We are inheritors of their legacy, as we continue our paths changed by their presence.
..I suppose that's all I have. Thank you for being here.

((The memorial will be added to the reserved posts at the front of the thread))

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 5, 2021

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

"The portal is still open, right?"

Action: Attack the Exile Hound SW, 1d10+9=[14]
Move: N6

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

"I am not cringe, I am based! I am-" The Late Johnson threw the knife at the dog in front of him, and missed completely.

"I might just die of embarrassment."

ACT: Use a Steel Throwing knife on the Dog 1S. 1d10o10+9 = 11
MOV: Move 6N

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Rodric von Richter

Rodric took one look at the Exile Defender with their raised wall shield, along with the various warding magics shielding both the armored drow and their flank.

"I won't tarry with this... frippery! Sound the RETREAT!"

Before he stowed his arms to run, Rodric fished out a meat-filled paper-and-twine parcel and tossed the hydron meat to Romper.

"Here, Romper - some rare aquatic deli-meats, for that potion earlier! I say we get going while the going's good, eh?"

The red-armored warrior barreled around the nearest corner to see Bobby-Jack taking the fight elsewhere down the adjoining hall.

"Where's Klombo?" Rodric asked aloud, his helmet swiveling. "Has the man's goose finally been cooked?"

> Drop: 1/2 Hydron Meat to NW for Romper.
> Action: Stow Runesteel Longsword and Kite Shield (increasing speed temporarily to 8).
> Move: E4, S4.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== ARCIS MYSTERIAD :: ROUND 20 =========================
• Ghorg casts Teleology!

Within an instant, the knot of magic woven by Ghorg is nearly overwhelmed by the maestrom around it, like a sparrow cast into a hurricane. The unbelievable, inexorable, all-smothering power of the Sea of Corruption advances from the south, and the medium sparks and roils with the tower's instinctive, frenzied reactions to the intrusion. Still, born as it was for this one purpose, Ghorg's spell departs.

It does not find what it seeks; the desired object is either too far, or does not exist. The little spell's first and final message is a plaintive "I am sorry. I could not," before it unravels back into the stuff from which it was formed.

Aware they they are increasingly the focus of the many arcane minds inside this place, the mage turns to go.

But something touches them. A contact at once both familiar and shocking.

Thaumitect bands, when lost or when their owner dies, reach out for anyone who has tasted such magic before.
There is one here. Not far, but not near either. The feeling lasts only a moment.
• Joureyman Arcane Servitor attacks Ghorg (8) (-9 armor)(1 damage)
• Joureyman Arcane Servitor attacks Ghorg (8) (-9 armor)(1 damage)
• Joureyman Arcane Servitor Teleports
• Xetaxas Exarch Completes Teleport

Xetaxas Exarch posted:

UNWELCOME!!!
> Ghorg takes 10 damage from Xetaxas Exarch's Arcane Burn aura.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ghorg [Arcis mysteriad]

quote:

But something touches them. A contact at once both familiar and shocking.
Not what was sought. But something all the same.
Were Ghorg not in mortal peril, they might've commented on the priceless find; but no. Ghorg was well and truly spent.
They would worry about it later. For now?

>Ghorg portals back to the guild!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

"Get going while the going's good? Sounds good enough for me!"

After stuffing the wrapped hydron meat from Rodric into a large leather pouch, Romper took several steps backwards with his hypnoshield raised to protect his allies.

>Search: Pick up Hydron Meat.
>Move: 5E, S1.

Remember Hypnoshield.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
=== Fal-Tagra Nesshu ===

Honiko Bonik

The priestess of Nauvas searched out with her soulmind for the life-energies of her compatriots, and she found that they were all also struggling in kind. Klombo, Rodric, and Bobby-Jack were each in various states of panic, and Brick and Jane had both been only inches from death mere moments earlier.

Using subtle, psycho-magical signals, Honiko urged her teammates to get closer to their respective escape routes. She knew that soon it would be the proper time for her to activate the escape portal for her allies, but that time wasn't now.

Reaching out to her patron deity, Honiko Bonik prayed to the gods for guidance in a monotonous chant. She felt a swelling from her breast as the deific contact was made.

"Those who came before me - lived through their vocations - from the past until completion - they'll turn away no more."

> Move: N9.
> Action: Pray to Nauvas, casting "Teleology" for the nearest body of water!

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

"L's le' 'r b's fa' ou'."

Move 3E 3S

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
KLOMBO

Coughing, blinded, Klombo stumbled towards the door. No time for bravado now - that would come later, when he was telling the story about this. LATER. For now... the door.

> Move S1E4
> Open Door
> Pray fervently to Korteras

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

AL-TAGRA NESSHU[/b]

Houndmaster Khitran posted:

Where have your friends gone, little hunter? You shouldn't wander alone.

"You're right, I'll be going then. Uh, if you could just, excuse me, if I could squeeze by there..."

Drink 25HP potion.
Move... Uh...
If the dog is killed by Slid, W1 N6
If Rats, the dogs live, gonna have to be
W1

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 6, 2021

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

Brick waited for a spot on the retreating line to open up. TLJ Retreated after throwing a knife at the hound in front of him, and Brick sprinted into place, and swung wildly with his machet, hewing air asunder.

"What is wrong with this machete? That's it, when we get back, I'm upgrading."

and talking to Yulia about breaking this jinx that is plaguing me.

Move: 2S 1W
Action: stab exile hound 1S: 1d10o10+8 9

Remember Arcstone

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Fal Tagra Nesshu
Slid Viscous

Oh crap Algal was still back there!!

fire on hound 5s, move 1n

firing on dogge 5s!!: 1d10o10+8+2 13

vorebane fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 6, 2021

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
Gameplay change: Defend Call now reduces the MA of the target it is used on.

=================== FAL-TAGRA NESSHU :: ROUND 50 ========================
• Jane attacks Exile Hound (14) but doesn't kill it.
• Slag rests and regains 25 hp!
• Bobby-Jack throws a steel throwing axe at modified motor bowman (18) and destroys it! (+14 xp)
> Wrist Launcher (9)
• Late Johnson throws a steel throwing knife at Exile Hound (11) but doesn't kill it.
• Honiko prays to Nauvas.
• Brick attacks Exile Hound (1) - Automiss -
• Slid shoots at Plague dog
> Exile Hound intercepts the shot (13) and isn't killed.
• Algal drinks a healing potion and regains 25 HP
• Barty Mapleseed attacks Exile Hound (11) but doesn't kill it.
> KLOMBO takes 6 damage from Toxin
> Algal heals 5 HP from Trollblood

• Drow Golem Shooter shoots at KLOMBO (8) (-11 armor) (1 damage)
• Drow Golem Shooter shoots at KLOMBO (10)(+9 explosion) (-11 armor) (8 damage)
• Drow Golem Shooter shoots at KLOMBO (8)(-11 armor) (1 damage)
• KLOMBO's struggle has ended.

Assault Golem Speaker posted:

Okay, you FINALLY walked around the corner, totally out of sequence -AS USUAL- and now you can behold the kind-of-anticlimactic-at-this-point gnomish Assault Golem model. ..It's actually not that great, the stuff I built off of the… Uh… Hey, where's Big Guy? … Oh. …Well poo poo. …poo poo. *clk*

• Exile Defender attacks Romper (hypno:4) (8) (-9 armor)(1 damage)
• Exile Spellbinder casts Blade Barrier

Algal posted:

"You're right, I'll be going then. Uh, if you could just, excuse me, if I could squeeze by there…"
No. Not until you've learned your lesson. Not until you've -all- learned your lessons.
• Exile Hound attacks Brick (8)(-10 armor) (1 damage)
• Exile Hound attacks Jane (9)(-4 armor)(5 damage)
• Plague Hound attacks Algal (10)(- 10 armor) (2 damage)(+2 Toxin)
• Exile Hound attacks Algal (8)(+2 Kill Call)(+2 Pack Helper) (-10 armor)(2 damage)

• Houndmaster Khitran shoots at Algal (1) -Automiss-

Gravedust fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 7, 2021

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
W- uh. Welcome back! Glad you.. M-made it. I think I saw the crystal go by a moment ago, so I guess you were, uh, successful.. Well D-done!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

hmm the rest of the wall is behind me, and it looks like Algal is trapped. Don't miss this time Brick stabbed at the exile hound in front of him, and was pleased to see the hound go down.

"Many pardons Mistress, but we have all definitely learned some lessons today, and I'm sure you don't really want your entire pack killed, how about you let my friend leave with me, and we all just knock off for the day. "
Not sure this has ever worked for anyone, but I really don't want to get stuck in with the Huntmistress Brick kept a smile plastered on his face and hoped.

Action: stab exile hound 1S: 1d10o10+8 15
Move: 3N

Remember Arcstone

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Shop: Buy +20 Arrows (-$20)
For pickup by next entrant or runner into FTN

Seeking Arrow S3 W4: 1d10o10+8 14
Move N1 E4

malbogio fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 7, 2021

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

Attack N Hound: 1d10o10+8 10

Algal pushes back at the dog, but the pressureis on. Moving against one has another snapping at his heels.

Move as far north as possible. That is- If only 1N dog is killed by anyone/arcstone, that's N3 E1 N3. If both N dogs, that's N7.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 8, 2021

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

"Uh.... Guys?! I heard a 'retreat' called but are we falling back, like, all the way?"

Romper gave a frustrated stab at the exile defender, a spear thrust that was turned away by the drow's heavy armor.

"Ratsssssssss...." Romper hissed, his optimism audibly deflating. "How am I supposed to hurt these guys?"

> Attack: Melee Attack vs Exile Defender to NW: 1d10o10+6 13 - miss!
>Move: 4S.

Remember Hypnoshield.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 8, 2021

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Fal Tagra Nesshu
Slid Viscous

Craaap this is going south fast.

If the dog S of Brick is dead, fire at the dog 1N of Algal and move 1N
If the dog S of Brick is ALIVE, move 1E2S and shoot the dog 1N of Algal

firing on dogge blocking Algal!!: 1d10o10+8+2 13

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

"Tottie, we're almost out of bolts!"

Add :20bux: to the ammo fund
Move 1E 3S
Ranged Attack vs. Exile Defender at 2W 6N 1d10+7 = 11

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Rodric von Richter

Rodric poked his head around the corner began hustling to over Bobby-Jack's side, drawing his armaments again. The door at the far end of the hallway began to move, and Rodric saw a vaguely-familiar humanoid figure pushing the door open while smoke and poison gas spilled out.

"Is that Klombo?!" Rodric exclaimed. "By the gods, he's..."

Klombo slumped to the stone floor in the opened doorway, a golem's arrow planted in the base of the man's neck.

Rodric stopped in his tracks. The mustached warrior's mouth hung open for a scant moment before it soured and curled into a grimace of unbridled rage.

> Action: Equip Runesteel Longsword and Kite Shield (returning speed to 6).
> Move: S1, W1.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 8, 2021

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
=== Fal-Tagra Nesshu ===

Honiko Bonik

Steeped in the tidal flows of arcane concentration, Honiko Bonik felt something terrible scrape the very fabric of time and space as a multitude of souls cried out in anguish and despair.

That was when it struck her: Klombo's death - he'd been blown up, poisoned, and struck by a lucky shot in the spine, just as he'd opened up the doorway that would have lead to his salvation... Honiko tasted Klombo's blood on her lips as she saw Bobby-Jack Johnson and Rodric von Richter through the dying man's eyes. He slumped to the ground and relaxed his lungs and was no more.

A scream escaped from Honiko lips, unbidden.

"KLOMBO - NO!" Honiko gasped, and she felt a tremor shivering up her spine.

The green-haired warrior-priestess fell to her knees as hot tears began welling in her eyes. She placed a pair of tears upon her palms and laid her hands upon the stone floor where the lesser portal sigils had been drawn by Ghorg and she expended the last of her mana reserves.

"Portal: open." She commanded, and then she sniffled.

The lesser portal obeyed. Suddenly, with her true eyes Honiko could see into the kennel room with Jane and Slid and Brick and the others, as though through a haze.

For a fleeting moment, Honiko was reminded of her father, and of the day he hadn't returned from the mines. It had felt just like this, hadn't it?

> Move: 1W.
> Action: Activate Lesser Portal Rune (3 -> 0/18 MP).
> Lesser Portal opening duration: 1d2+1 2 - Lesser Portal is open for this round and the next!
> Vikeeg: Retrieve the Plated Tower Shield before returning to the guild, please!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

KLombo

Klombo felt no pain, near the end. He just fell down, sliding on blood and grime. Slipped to his knees, wheezing, then stumbled. Blearily, he saw Bobby running towards him. Nah, too late. He knew his body, knew it bone deep, and this was it. He could have kicked himself for how he'd gone out, should have been angry, but instead he felt... this was good enough. She'd been right, though; she wasn't ever going to see him again. Sorry, Ali. You were right.

He squinted up at Bobby, shook his head, and dropped.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Someone new approached the guild hall. Furtively - not nervously, but with an abundance of caution. A wiry, serious faced woman, she entered gingerly, took a look at the job board, and presented herself to Tozi.

"They call me Soft. I'm not, though. I need some work, and I hear you've got it. I've heard a lot about you. I... listen."

She kept eye contact for a trifle too long, started as though recalling something, then presented her membership dues in exchange for some gear.

> 4 ATK, 1 MAG
> Grabbing Steel Breastplate, Forearm Crossbow, Scroll of Telekinesis, Hematite Torque from storage
> Take and drink Swift Oil
> Buy 20 Ammo and the Healing Potion ($35)
> Buy 10 Arrows each for Slag and the Guiscoes
> Head into FTN

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 8, 2021

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

"Goodbye dogs, I really don't want to see more dogs for a while."

Action: Attack the Exile Hound SW, 1d10+9=[14]
Move: W2 N4 and out the elfzone
(I figure it still takes an action to port out, but Jane's leaving the map now and taking that action next round)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The Guild

Izumi breathed a small sigh of relief as she materialized back in the Guild. That hadn’t been a close call, exactly—Ghorg had gotten them up to the entrance room well ahead of the Sea, and everything there had been cleared without too much trouble. But after the locust caverns, it was hard not to feel a little nervous when that dark tide approached. It had been chilling, unpleasant, and she knew she didn’t want to experience it again. But she couldn’t shake the feeling that the Sea was xalling to her, now that it is a taste.

She shook her head and pushed those grim thoughts aside. There was no Sea here, and she needed to review whatever ninja relic it was that she’d purchased. It was probably incredibly powerful and in need of a skilled hand to seal its potential. And cursed, too. But a cool curse, by like the last one she had. She stepped off the arrival pad and into the storeroom, sparing a knowing and mysterious nod to the new recruit rifling through the communal equipment. And yes, there it was. The Scroll.

She scanned over it, her widening grin clearly apparent even under her mask. Oh, yes. Yes, this was important. She closed her eyes and channeled her chi into the scroll, and suddenly she saw herself—or herselves. She could see through their eyes as easily as her own. Was “their eyes” the right way to say it? They were also her, so were they her eyes too? And it was awfully hard to keep track of which her was which.

This needed practice

Transcribe Scroll of Shadow Self from storage into spellbook. Cast Shadow Self.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

Johnson raises a knife to pick one last dog, looked as Jane got to it first, and then just left in disappointment.

>Act IF the dog SW from Jane isn't dead, throw a steel knife 2S 1d10o10+9 = 16
>Move: 1N, 1W, through the portal than 4N

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 8, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bobby-Jack did not talk about his past much, but it was regardless somewhat of an open secret that he used to be a highwayman, in the past. It was a profession that inherently trained one to caution, or at least it did those that lasted any amount of time. When one was part of a ragtag bunch of peasants, differing from their kin mostly by virtue of a couple crossbows and a rudimentary familiarity with ambush tactics, greed and thoughtlessness was the number one killer.

Is that noble traveling lightly guarded out of arrogance, or because they are actually some sort of archmage?

We already intercepted a taxman here last month, so wouldn't they have trapped the chests this time in response?

Sure their gear is bad, but would newbie adventurers really have that many scars?

These were the questions he kept asking, and these were the questions that often went unheeded, or at least they did until the rest of the outfit always, inevitably, got obliterated by some overambitious plan or thoughtless maneuver made out of glib arrogance. These were the questions that kept him alive, when others went and got themselves killed. These were the questions that had made him see friends die, over and over again, until he refused to have friends at all.

These were the questions he brought to that one blasted dungeon, after his change of career.

Bobby-Jack met KLOMBO's gaze as the man stumbled out of the door and collapsed, arrows in his back. The warrior shook his head, and Bobby-Jack replied with a nod, and quick salute. For a couple seconds, he stood there watching his unmoving corpse, but no longer than that.

"Let's go", he simply said as he passed Rodric, "There is nothing for us here, anymore."

Was he sad? Angry? Hard to say. If he was, he'd claim it was because the man still owed him a beer, and probably laugh it off if thus confronted.

But at least he didn't run away, the very first thing, this time. Was that progress?

>Action: Use Shothook to retrieve Steel Throwing Axe 1W 3S of my starting position (Shothook durability roll: 1d10 8)
>Move: 1S 6E
Remember range 3 AoO

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== FAL-TAGRA NESSHU :: ROUND 51 ========================
• Brick attacks Exile hound (15) and slays it! (+18 xp)
> Arcstone: (9)
• Slag uses seeker bow (14) but doesn't kill Drow Skirmisher.
> Blade Barrier
• Romper attacks Tough Exile Defender but doesn't wound it.
• Slid shoots at Plague Dog (13) and slays it! (+16 xp)
>Plague dog emits a virulemt mist in it's death throes
vs Algal: (+1 Toxin)
• Mr. and Ms. quiscoe shoot at Tough Exile Defender (11) but don't wound it.
• Honiko activates Lesser Portal Rune!
• Jane attacks Exile Hound (14) but doesn't kill it.
• Late Johnson throws a steel knife at Exile Hound (16) and slays it. (+18 xp)
> Slag's Blood Scarab:(-5HP)(+1MP)
• Algal heals 5 HP from Trollblood
• Tough Exile Spellbinder casts Barrier Ward
• Exile Spellbinder casts Blade Barrier on Exile Skirmisher
• Tough Exile Defender attacks Romper (Hypno: 1) - Cancelled -
• Exile Skirmisher attacks Mr. and Ms. Guiscoe (14) (-2 armor) (12 damage)

• Exile Hound attacks Algal (6)(+2 Pack Helper) (-10 armor) (1 damage)
• Exile Hound attacks Algal (14)(+4 Pack Helper)(+2 Kill Call) (-10 armor)(10 damage)
• Exile Hound attacks Slid (9)(+2 Pack Helper)(+2 Kill Call)( -7 armor)(6 damage)
• Houndmaster Khitran shoots at Slid (9) (-7 armor)(2 damage)
> Shatter shot:
> Vs Brick (1) - Automiss -
> Vs Algal (10)(+6 explosion)(-10 armor)(6 damage)

Huf.. huf.. Almost.. there.. Oh hey guys!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Headquarters

"Appreciated, Danaz. Just need one more through."

Once their colleague had returned, Valter headed to plug in the accelerant with a grimace.

Store Iron Lockpick*5
Retrieve Blood Scarab.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

Jane shoots a nervous glance at the mini-portal behind her and returns to the Guild. Hopefully everyone makes it through, but there's nothing she can do from this side.

Action: port out

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

quote:

"They call me Soft. I'm not, though. I need some work, and I hear you've got it. I've heard a lot about you. I... listen."

Uh huh.. Yeah we got big drippy buckets of work, It's nice you're anxious to get to it. Welcome aboard and all that. You're gonna want to talk to the old guy at the end of the hall, don't forget to give him the secret sign: You wet your pinkie finger and stick it in his ear. He won't let you go anywhere if you don't do that. Wierd guy. Anyway, off you go!

Good, more returners. I'm very glad to see you back safe. I heard about what happened, I'm very sorry. I'm sure you all did the best you could.

Ashti, is it? When you have a moment, come see me, please. I'll be waiting by the bunks for anyone who needs medical care.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Slag blinks an unnaturally bloodshot eye. The sounds of battle grow distant, muffled through the intervening barrier.

Cast Fleetfoot Lvl2 (-2MP, +4 MOV/3 turns)
Move E2 S8
Scarab (-5HP +2MP)

The inveterate scrapper bounds around the corner in a clatter of gnomish scrap metal.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

Nope, she isn't backing off. Brick spun towards the portal, slashing at the closest hound, and felt his blade connect, but wasn't sure if the hound went down, as he started lumbering for the portal.

"See you around Mistress."

Action: stab exile hound 1S 1E: 1d10o10+8 13
Move: 1W, 4N, use lesser portal, 2S

Remember Arcstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

"This craphole isn't worthy of the presence of The Late Johnson, later clownboots."

>Move: Death Drop
>Action: Port Out.