Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Bobby-Jack swerved into the chamber they'd cleared of exiles earlier on, only to come face to face with a woman rummaging through one of the tables they'd passed properly looting.

"New meat, I suppose?" there was a harsh edge to his voice, "Name's Bobby-Jack, and you've joined us just in time to beat a retreat."

"Or you can run in, and then die, if you'd rather do that."

>Action: -
>Move: 2N 5E
>Familiar Order: HEEL
Remember range 3 AoO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

The Guild

>+1 ATK!
>Withdraw Mentalist Circlet
>Sell Mentalist Circlet
>Sell Steel Speer
>Buy Runesteel Spear

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
SERIA MAU - THE GUILD

A new challenger appears!

A young woman in a bright red cape gingerly approaches the Guildhall door. She's holding a letter of introduction from Lady Blamwagger's Finishing School for Young Huntresses. She's here for work experience: to pass her final year, she just needs to survive long enough study hard enough to produce 10,000 word projects for her modules on Applied Creature Anatomy and Corruption Studies: Past and Present.

Though of course, she won't need the letter of introduction, because they will have received her application weeks ago? ...Is this even the right place? And are those extremely new tombstones?

---
SERIA MAU
Sprite I4
4 ATT
1 INT

I'm going to hold off on buying gear until the next guild update as the storage situation seems pretty fluid, and I'm not going to jump straight in to FTN!

(Have ninja huntress-edited a few times in response to discord telling me my stat build is non-optimal, hope that's ok)

occluded fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 13, 2021

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr & Mrs. Guiscoe
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

[b]Move 1N 4E/b]

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== FAL-TAGRA NESSHU :: ROUND 54 ========================
• Slag shoots at Drow Golem Scyther (12) but doesn't destroy it.
• Rodric throws a steel knife at Drow Golem Scyther (15) and destroys it! (+16 xp)
• Soft searches a table and finds odds and ends worth $5 to the party
> Soft finds 3 old Rations.
----------------------------------------------------------

• Tough Exile Defender uses Wall Shield.
• Beastmaster Khitran uses Healing Salve on Tough Exile Hound.

[ARCHIVE] [TERMS & ERRATA] [KLOMBO's Journal]

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Brick posted:

"Hi Yulia. Need any help here? There's some time before Tozi sends us back out, and I don't have much to do, thought maybe I could help here?"

Oh, certainly, and thank you very much. It seems like nothing happens for ages, and then suddenly everything is happening at once. You do get used to it though, with time. Ah, there seems to be someone on the floor, out there? They're a bit heavy for me, if you could bring them in here that would be lovely.

"Hah! Like collage! Such prank. Trait tick, manager Tozi. Requiem of plenitudes, Bjorn acquit. Izumi? Swap of honey at complex eats? Bjorn contain conservation to number of caloric takeouts. Gnaw at mental weight. Missing uniform? Far fury! Null worry, ever how. Bjorn of most best study acknowledge to sport and mage; Academick of Fjorde! Multi-knackered presently, possessive of capacity to pigmentation renovate."
Yeah. Uh-huh. Sure. Okay. Wow. Wow that's... amazing. Great. Yes. Okay.

Oh hey, new person, Hi. Look, I barely know what's going on right now, but I'm sure we'll have something for you to do shortly. Just uh.. Mill about for a bit...

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

FAL-TAGRA NESSHU

"Bit like raids, long periods of boredom interrupted by moments of terror and panic. "

Brick wrestles with the comatose patient and puts them onto the nearest cot, and arranges their limbs as best he can.

He spots the new blood gazing at Slag's new crossbow across the way.

"Hi I'm Brick, Yulia gifted me a sword when I first joined, and well I only have one of those and I need it, but I have this crossbow, it's not as good as that one Slag just purchased, but it will do just fine for you to start. "

starting cash: $38
give stack of ammo(7/10) and martial crossbow to Seria Mau
Buy 5 steel throwing knives -$25
End cash: $13

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 13, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
SOFT

quote:

"New meat, I suppose? Name's Bobby-Jack, and you've joined us just in time to beat a retreat."

"Or you can run in, and then die, if you'd rather do that."

Soft lips tightened, then relaxed as she looked at the man. Pain and loss radiated off him in waves, his tone as much defense as attack. She carefully closed the drawer she'd just finished rummaging through. "No, I think I won't. Thanks for the advice." She indicated the neatly bundled flatpack on the ground. "Some ammunition. It seems it won't be needed, but on the chance someone might use it..." She paused for a moment longer, nodded, and retraced her steps.

> Do not use my cool sword
> Move 1S 5E 7N7

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 14, 2021

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
THE GUILD

"Just one more thing."

>Pick the Incendiary Arrow from Storage
>Huff more healing stuff

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Fun Shoe
Seria Mau - The Guild

Seria stood paralyzed for a brief minute, overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of a (relatively) well-functioning mercenary guildhouse, quite overwhelmed until one of the roaming cave dogs nuzzled at her satchel, drawn by the smell of good quality travelling jerky. As she scritched the beast idly behind its ears she reflected on her lessons: A Lady is Observant, she remembered, hearing Lady Blamwagger's stern tones. A Lady Orients herself.

Well, she thought. This is just Fresher's Week all over again. Time to find where to sleep and where to eat. But first, shopping!

Gifted a Martial Crossbow and 7/10 ammo by the lovely... did they say their name was 'Brick'?
SHOPPING
All €50 towards the Leather Scale Armour, sheep-dodger has said they'll contribute the remaining 40
STORAGE
Taking the Oblivion Charm, Bottled Thief's Eye oops I have no MP and the Iron Lockpick if that's ok?

occluded fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 13, 2021

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Fjorm

Contribute 40€ to Seria Mau's Leather Scale Armor purchase

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Fal-Tagra Nesshu - Slag Rolodex

Move E1 N4
Collect 20 Ammo. Re-equip Bow.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe
Fal-Tagra Nesshu

The extremely fast newcomer comes and goes before Mr. Guiscoe can belittle her puny wrist shooter. "Probably she has got the right idea."

Move 6E
Get the other 20 ammo

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

"Glad to see you're quick on the pickup", Bobby-jack answered Soft tersely, but did not stop moving whilst he did so, "That kind of thing keeps you alive."

>Action: -
>Move: 5E 2N
>Familiar Order: HEEL
Remember range 3 AoO

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Rodric von Richter

> Move: Accept fast-forward to Guild.

Relinquishing control of Rodric.

Fal-Tagra Nesshu

> Move: Accept fast-forward to Guild.

Relinquishing control of Romper.

=== Guildhall ===

Honiko Bonik

> Action: Aridyn Flask vs Ogreblood Potion (+1 MA / 2 rounds): 1d10 9 - Success!
> Guild Regen: 25 +5 -> 30/30 HP // 6 +2+1 -> 9/18 MP.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
=================== FAL-TAGRA NESSHU :: ROUND 55 ========================

----------------------------------------------------------

((Transitioning everybody back to the guild after this, unless anybody really wants to stick around. ))

[ARCHIVE] [TERMS & ERRATA] [KLOMBO's Journal]

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Nope, I'll join the rest in the guild.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
=== Guildhall ===

Honiko Bonik

The guild mage Honiko focused on her writing. As though in a trance, her eyes rarely strayed from her work. Occasionally, she'd glance aside at one of the potions bubbling away on the writing desk, if only to check on its progress over time. Honiko occasionally exchanged polite words with anyone in the guild who intentionally sought her attentions, but she didn't say much and she didn't commit to her explanations aside from a slight shrug of the shoulders. Her eyes were distant in those moments of social exchange, and she gave the impression that she didn't much desire any extended interruptions.

Deep down, she didn't know how to explain to Mallian just how it was that they had failed, and that she had lost someone dear to her in the process. The two teams had been making quick work of the foes nearest to the entrance portal they'd made in Fal-Tagra Nesshu, but then they'd been suddenly stretched way too thin for the enemies they found deeper in...

Honiko kept writing scrollwork, as though rewriting magic spells to and from the Guild's spellbooks and the Librarium was a form of penance.

> Action: Aridyn Flask vs Ogreblood Potion (+1 MA / 2 rounds): 1d10 6 - Success!
> Guild Regen: 30/30 HP, 9 +2+1 -> 12/18 MP.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Fun Shoe
SERIA MAU - THE GUILD

Seria continues rummaging happily in the storage chest, then spends some time in front of the mirror arranging her cloak and new armour for maximum swoosh.

>> Change icon to (Thanks DK!)

STORAGE
> Take mirror powder
> Take Creature Whistle - Blood Hound
HP REGEN +5 || 15 > 20

'Does this lovely pup pup belong to anyone? Can I take her with me?'

occluded fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Apr 15, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

SOFT

Soft skidded to a graceful stop, consolidating what she'd seen in her brief trip here into her memories. A fierce raid, a sharp thrust into the flesh of this place... Before being rebuffed. This crew was insufficient as they were to penetrate the fortress and slay its queen. And they had lost someone. That much was plain; frustration and grief hung in the air like a shroud.

She tapped her lips thoughtfully with a finger, then tapped the recall sigil with one foot and rode the waves of arcane force back to the hall.

> Teleport Out

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
Oh! Hello Mr. Rolodex! I was just about to bring this to you this crossbow, but you're already here! So, I'll just put it in storage until you're ready to pick it up. And welcome back, everybody!

quote:

The sound of the bubbling potion next to Honiko gradually begins to slow and deepen, slowly taking on the murmuring, liquid babble of a tidal pool filling. From beneath the sleeve of her writing arm an octopus tentacle extends, slowly and gently encircling the mage's wrist and palm, bringing her writing to a halt. The world gradually darkens and seems to fade away.

I would comfort you, but I do not feel death in the same way you do.
I am constantly devouring, and devoured. To end is merely to continue in another form.

Turn your thoughts, there is work you must do.

I still wish to taste these terrestrial waters.
Moreso, I have need of others who will work in my service.

Their hearts are mine already, but it is you who must anoint their bodies.
My tides will bring them to you. Be vigilant.

All together, we shall build my new temple.

OKAY!! I'm sure some of you guys aren't actually ready to go yet, so for now just listen up! So we do have some new locations for you lot, lemme go down the list real quick:

Relinquished mine, again! This is the uh, lower floors of the mine. I guess it was abandoned in a hurry, so probably some good stuff left over down there.

There's Na'... Napa.. Asp temple! It's a temple so it's probably got a lot of good loot in it!! Also there's another reliquary, so if you manage to find that then we'll have a replacement for the next time one of you headbutts the one we have and breaks it. ANYWAY. You can expect humanoid snake people, but surprisingly few traps apparently.

Next up, Port Kiam Waterworks. Notice that I'm saying 'waterworks' here, and not 'sewer' Because it's Definitely Not a Sewer. I guess Port Kiam was big for smugglers, and they used to hide stuff down there all the time, and it hasn't been ransacked yet as far as I can tell. There's uh.. Probably slimes and wierd stuff.

Last up, Gygas Hollow. This was actually a delving spot from before the Sea, even, and it had something of a reputation as a place where you could make a name for yourself. It's basically a series of large, interconnected caverns filled with subterranean pools and bottomless pits. So if one or more of you can waterwalk, levitate or otherwise fly around that'd probably be useful for scooping up treasure. There's a lot of flying creatures, some stuff that lives in the water, and big rock things. Some of this poo poo is pretty nasty, but most areas aren't so bad. Just be aware that flyers and other stuff can come up out of the pits, so it's easy to get ambushed.

Aaaand of course there's Fal-Tagra, still. It's fine to take a bit of a break from that one in the short term, but you shouldn't leave it alone for too long or they'll probably start to reinforce.

((Orange ranges now more or less relate directly to the levels of the mob that are present in the area. Lower values are usually close the entrance, with the higher end being near the far corners of the map))

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Headquarters

With a wince, Valter removed the blood scarab and brought it to Ghorg, making meticulously sure it was clean.

"Hey there. How are you feeling? Here's the scarab, it won't improve the answer to that question, but it will top up your mana reserves."

Heading back to the stores, he saw someone had taken his lockpicks. With a shrug, he acquired some new ones and topped up his food reserve.

Give Blood Scarab to Ghorg.

Obtain Steel Lockpick from storage.

Purchase Steel Lockpick (-$15)
Purchase 3 old rations (-$15)
Purse after purchases: $56

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Bjorn The Roamer

"Bjorn is boomerang to toymakers' paradise!"

>Bjorn volunteers for a return to Assemblery XIX!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Fal-Tagra Nesshu - Slag Rolodex

Slag stares down at the goblin, eyes bloodshot and unblinking.

Store Seeker Bow (Dibs from Soft)
Retrieve and Equip Gnomic Crossbow

He lifts the precision-engineered, streamlined device slowly and delicately, checking over it for damage. Fingers trace over the lacquer, searching for imperfections. It was just like the PortalMall catalog promised. Forgetting his old bow and the polite goblin entirely, he presses the device to one cheek and lets out a contented sigh, walking away with it.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"You know", Bobby-Jack was leaning against the tree, nursing a drink, even as Yulia tended to the memorial, "I don't really have any right to be surprised, by any of this."

"Seen a dozen people just like this one here, all bravado and no sense whatsoever, get themselves killed in even dumber ways."

He trailed off, letting silence take hold for a minute or so.

"...Still, though."

"For a brief moment I thought that maybe, just maybe, this oaf had enough dumb luck to somehow make it, where others hadn't."

He walked over to the monument, his eyes lazily drifting across the engraved text upon it.

"But the fact remains that this World has no such mercies to offer. Not to the likes of us. This much I know, if nothing else."

The man glanced down at his drink. About half of it was left. He poured it on the ground, in front of the stone, and walked away without further word.

Map Vote: Relinquished Mine

Purchase 1x Steel Throwing Axe (20$)
Purchase 1x Cheap Ale for 1$
Money after purchases: 0$

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 15, 2021

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

The Guild Memorial

Brick stood in front of KLOMBO's memorial, and a single tear dripped down his cheek. "Hell of a trick shot, KLOMBO."
Brick followed Bobby-Jack, lost in his thoughts.

Spend Attribute Point: +1 ATK
Vote Relinquished Mine Lower Level

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 19, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

SOFT

Soft's lips quirked up as she took in the enormous group of rowdies. So much emotional energy was kicked up that it was difficult to pick out any particular aura - which suited her just fine. She took a few quiet moments to peruse the storage facilities, finding a particularly enchanted (and enchanting) longbow, then made her choice.

> Store 20 Ammo, Scroll of Telekinesis
> Sell Wrist Crossbow
> Withdraw Seeker Bow, Oblivion Charm and Spellbook IV (with spells in it)
> Buy Rusted Pickaxe, 2 Special Ammo, 1 Basic Poison
> Poison Seeker Bow
> Vote Relinquished Mine

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 17, 2021

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Fun Shoe
SERIA MAU - THE GUILD

"Well, I got a distinction in 'applied speleo-theology', so maybe I could be useful going into the mines? I assume we'll just be taking core samples and running transects, right? How about it, girl - want to go on a bit of a delve?"

The blood hound makes a happy ~splutch~ noise.

VOTE MINE

STORAGE
>Take 13 ranged ammo
>Take blasting cap
>Replace oblivion charm 'farewell weird scary magic thing, i barely knew ye'

Regen 20 + 5 > 25

occluded fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 15, 2021

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ghorg [The Guild]

It takes time, but Ghorg has recuperated.
It's difficult to tell at first given Ghorg's eye situation, but Ghorg manages a groan as they sit upright.
"Haven't... Slleept like that in a while. Yulia?... Oh."
"..."
Ghorg moves to stand, the box they were carrying taking this moment to fall on the floor.
Ghorg... not-quite-blinks before they remember, scooping it back up. Not yet. Not...
No. No more hiding.
Ghorg cracked open the box, carefully removing a tattered gauntlet.
Whatever it may have once been, it was clear the gauntlet was functionally irreperable; superficially repaired perhaps, but never again would it work it's magic.
That was fine.
It wasn't meant to anyways.
To Ghorgs pleasant surprise, it still fit.
When the time came, the lady in jade would know who Ghorg was.

Not a bad look either, if Ghorg said so themself. (And they did.)
They would have to thank Valter for the scarab when they got a chance.
For now, hup, Ghorg takes a few shakey steps, but manages to stand upright.
It was time to put the box back in the 'case, and get some stretches in.
There was still work to be done if Ghorg was to be prepared.
Perhaps Tozi could be bribed to pick up a cheap glass sphere in town next time they went in?

"Where did my wallet go?"

>Ghorg receives the scarab from valter.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
=== Guildhall ===

Honiko Bonik

Outside the guildhall, Honiko opened her eyes in search of the bottom of the saltwater spring shrine and found that her silhouette was all she could see of its dark, briny depths. The priestess' long hair trailed a circle of around her head's like a halo, and her magical purple robes flowed translucently in the gentle rocking of the pristine waters.

Her God, Nauvas the unfathomable, had spoken to her.

Slowly discarding her remaining breath, Honiko sought further biddings, commandments, and instructions from her god, gazing into the abyss. Finally, she saw it: a lone crab was scuttling about below, barely visible through the murky darkness. It held in its dominant claw a shiny shard of shell, Honiko noted, which it brought to a smaller crab living in a nearby hole. This was the sign.

Honiko allowed herself to turn her onto her back to resurface and take a deep breath of the salty mountain air. As she stared past the clouds overhead and into the piercing blue skies above, for the first time in a while Honiko could allow herself to think about furthering the goals of higher causes.

There was a new girl at the guild, one robed in red, and she seemed to have the same pluck and zeal that the green-cloaked Jane had shown during her earliest days working for the guild. While Honiko now knew that Jane could protect herself in a fight, Honiko also wanted to make sure that this newest recruit also got everything she needed for her first mission.

What had the girl in red been eyeing in the shop - was it the Steam Drill Mk.1? Honiko made a mental note that when she dried off she would sell off the potions of Intellect that were sitting unused in the guild's storage bins.

> Vote: "Personally, I think I should be most useful where there's water, like at Port Kiam Waterworks!
> Storage: Store both Ogreblood Potions (+2MA/6rounds) & (+4MA/3rounds)
> Shop: Retrieve and Sell both Potions of Intellect (+3INT/3rounds) & (+2INT/8rounds) and Practice Lockpick from Storage for ($[45+24+5]/2) +$37.
> Shop: Buy and Store Steam Drill Mk.1, earmarked ('For the new recruit in red'), for -$25.
Honiko ending money: $14
> Guild Regen: 30/30 HP, 12 +2+1 -> 15/18 MP.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Guild

occluded posted:

SERIA MAU - THE GUILD

'Does this lovely pup pup belong to anyone? Can I take her with me?'

"Aww, I didn't even have time to ask her name yet. Yeah, you can bring her with you. You better take good care of her though. I'm Billy! Nice to meetcha! I'm a friend to all animals. Most insects too. Hey, since you like dogs, let me introduce you to my newest friend."

Billy pets his corruption-spewing wyrdfang dotingly. "Isn't he just the best?!"

What lowbie map do we want to do? After losing Leif and getting chased out before snagging the good loot in HWB, I think we might want to aim for something a little easier and play more aggressively. Archaic Halls or Brine Cauldron? Discord chat moves too fast for me too keep up with when work is as busy as it has been this week.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Guiscoe

"Bo'ba'! ' g' y' 'n 'n'r'y pr'n'."

Sell Heavy Crossbow +$22
Buy/Equip Marital Crossbow -$90

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
=== Guildhall ===

Honiko Bonik

After drying off from her brief stint submerged in the saltwater spring shrine, Honiko felt a surreal directive to keep writing in her spellbooks.

Additional to the last post:
> Bookkeeping:
>> Withdraw (empty) Spellbook V from Storage.
>> Transcribe Scroll of Haste into Spellbook V.
>> Transcribe Scroll of Telekinesis from Storage (placed there by Soft) into Spellbook V.
>> Transcribe Scroll of Mystic Chains from Librarium (placed there by Honiko) into Spellbook V.
>> Transcribe Scroll of Levitation from Librarium into Spellbook V.
>> Transcribe Scroll of Mana Cache from Librarium into Spellbook V.
> Spellbook Maintenance:
>> Spellbook V (A): Transmit, Haste, Mystic Chains, Levitation, Mana Cache
>> Spellbook V (B): Telekinesis, Soul Spark, Fleetfoot, Lesser Portal, Barrier Ward.
>> Equip Spellbook V (A). (Thanks, Gravedust!)
> Guild Regen (same as before): 30/30 HP, 12 +2+1 -> 15/18 MP.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 17, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ashburne

A red-armored stranger walked into the guild, covered in scars. His skin was dark, his demeanor, cold and heavy. This man had seen things.

"I'm here because I know how to fight, and you need that." That was not a request. That was a statement of fact.

"My name is Ashburne."

Starting stats: 2 Strength, 1 Defense, 2 Endurance

Buying with my starting 50: A Steel Spear
Yoinking the Plated Tower Shield from Storage.

Polite ask for communism to buy me some side gear.
-Iron Slat Armor

I'm going to agree with LLSix and go for a lower-level dungeon we can play a bit more aggressively that's still somewhat safe.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 17, 2021

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jane Brogger

"Hey Mom, can I ask a question? What's the deal with the drow place, why do you want us to go there? I don't wanna go back there."

---

Voting: Assemblery XIX

Inventory BS:
Store: 2x Disarm Kit Mk1

Remove from spellbook to inventory: Magic Eye

Sell: Spellbook IV, Telekinesis, Sixth Sense, Mending for $22

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Guild

Ashti Zann

Once the distracting work was done, and the Wrist Launcher was as repaired as it could be (that flywheel was just never going to be that stable), Ashti drifted out to the main room once again. She should have spent time at the memorial, she knew. She should have asked for stories about the dead she'd never met, and maybe shared what little she'd known about Leif. But it was work time, again, and her instincts pushed her towards the bloody distraction of her trade. It wasn't what she needed -- wasn't really what she wanted, either -- but it was what she had.

Ashti frowned as she considered the options Tozi laid out. The new arrivals were still new... but trying to play mama hen again would be painful, and she wouldn't be at her best, which they needed. Let someone else escort this time, she decided. She needed to stretch her skills, get messy and dangerous -- and if she died, well, she died, right? Had to happen eventually. Wouldn't be so much of a loss, right?

Not right now, a voice inside her chided. You won't even die properly as long as you've got that little cage in your pack. Shouldn't you turn it over to the guild, let it protect someone more valuable than you?

Ashti closed her eyes. gently caress you, she thought, as clearly as she could. The oblivion voice didn't get to win. Still a good idea to push herself, do something productive, but... she could afford to take the risk, if she was carrying the Phoenix Charm.

"My vote's for the Port Kiam Waterworks," said Ashti at last. "Interesting things in smugglers' tunnels, and if we've got the water on our side, we should be all right. I'll go where I'm needed, though -- I always do."

Guild Bookkeeping:
> Buy 1 more Old Ration (-$5)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
THE GUILD

"Weird tech junk sounds like the exact kind of mess I want to be intimately involved with, or where ever mans needs me."

>Vote Relinquished Mines Lower

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 19, 2021

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Headquarters

Vote Relinquished Mine Lower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The Guild

Vote Port Kiam
Give 5 Locust Honey to Bjorn
Cast Shadow Self
Cast Shadow Self
Cast Shadow Self
Cast Shadow Self
Cast Shadow Self
Cast Shadow Self
Pass Out