Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gonna vote Pentagon for now but will probably end up switching to Mil Mascaras at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChrisBTY posted:

Ok, what's the joke with Taguchi as I do not know who that man is.

Also Edge for reasons previously stated.

Taguchi is loving cool. He's a New Japan lifer, he used to have an afro & team with Prince Devitt (Finn Balor) in Apollo 55, their match in 2010 with Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi) won the Tokyo Sports Match of the Year award in 2010 and there were a couple great matches with Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) too. At some point Devitt turned on him to form Bullet Club. The thing with Taguchi is these days he's mostly a midcard comedy act. He's very horny and has a very rear end based offense (flying hip attacks & he does the Bumaye which is Nakamura's Bomaye but with his rear end. He stands up on one of the turnbuckles facing the crowd while his tag partner will try & throw an opponent head first into his buns of steel (and usually fail & end up eating Gooch's rear end himself). It's very shticky but an enjoyable break from a lot of the seriousness on a New Japan card & I do love Taguchi. Anyway, he's got this semi-stable called Taguchi Japan & they wear polo shirts with numbers on them & his number is 69 because it's the sex number & he's very horny, he was the 69th IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion, he should've been the 69th IWGP Heavyweight Champion, & he is obviously the 69th Greatest Wrestler of All Time because he has extreme energy.

I'd also add that despite the shtick of it all, 2 or 3 times a year, on a big show, Taguchi reminds you "oh yeah, this dude is a legitimately great wrestler when he goes all in". The 2016 Best of the Super Juniors Final against Will Ospreay (this was the year Ospreay had his match with Ricochet which set the internet on fire & ended up with Will The Thrill having a match with Vader which was funny) is amazing and this was when Will was still developing so a lot of credit goes to The Gooch. Honestly, every year in BOSJ Taguchi will have 1 or 2 bangers. 2017 with KUSHIDA & Hiromu Takahashi. IMO he's worth getting familiar with because he rules.

Edge, just pull the loving tape off already.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Will Ospreay

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Million Mascaras

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Mil Mascaras

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Million Mascaras
this counts as a thousand votes for mil mascaras imo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eh, what the hell. Mil Mascaras

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
will ospreay

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Will Ospreay, assuming he remains viable, else I'll swap to Mil.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Mil Mascaras. Can’t vote for any Japanese promotion wrestlers right now, I’m in mourning for the NJC.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Ospreay

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

you guys are gonna give poor MRT a stroke voting out Mil this early

Will Ospreay

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

another Will Ospreay vote

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Emilio Mascaras

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Pac

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Mil Mascaras is one of the most influential and yet underrated wrestlers of all time. If this is coming down to political views and if they're an rear end in a top hat to make your decision

I'm voting Ospreay easily

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

HulkaMatt posted:

Mil Mascaras is one of the most influential and yet underrated wrestlers of all time. If this is coming down to political views and if they're an rear end in a top hat to make your decision

I'm voting Ospreay easily

Do not even ask posted:

you guys are gonna give poor MRT a stroke voting out Mil this early

Will Ospreay

Mil Mascaras

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Thanlis posted:

Mil Mascaras. Can’t vote for any Japanese promotion wrestlers right now, I’m in mourning for the NJC.

Coming to my senses, switching to PAC. I can’t sacrifice someone as important as Mascaras just to save Ospreay, who’s awesome but hasn’t yet had the sustained greatness needed.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Ospreay

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

jesus WEP posted:

this counts as a thousand votes for mil mascaras imo

In that case I'm voting for Willion Ospreay. :colbert:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Since we temporarily have consciences again, get Mil outta here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Switching to Mil Mascaras cause Ospreay is already legit a top 50 guy and maybe even a top 25 guy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If there was no mil there would be no lucha bros, there would be no liger, there would be no tiger mask, there would be no will ospreay

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KungFu Grip posted:

If there was no mil there would be no lucha bros, there would be no liger, there would be no tiger mask, there would be no will ospreay

All of whom took what Mil did and did it better. How can you be greater than someone who took your style and pushed it further than you?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Edge

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

I think somewhere in the last 40 years someone would have figured out that doing flips is cool

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Will Ospreay may be more flashy, but Mil is a foundational figure that so much of the industry is built on. He broke the ban on masked wrestlers at MSG. Will becoming a junior star in Japan as a gaijin is impressive, yes, but the peak of his career so far is 4 years, and most of that is him being elevated by better guys like Ricochet and Hiromu. In another 4 years, maybe he has a top 25 career, but right now, him going out about here fits.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't agree with Mil going this early but it's not a hill I'm willing to die (read; switch my vote) on either.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't agree with Mil going this early but it's not a hill I'm willing to die (read; switch my vote) on either.

I'd be happy to boot out Edge over Ospreay if it came down to it but I don't think the numbers are there

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Rarity posted:

Switching to Mil Mascaras cause Ospreay is already legit a top 50 guy and maybe even a top 25 guy

no!!! this is bullshit!!!

Rarity posted:

All of whom took what Mil did and did it better. How can you be greater than someone who took your style and pushed it further than you?

plenty of wrestlers build on what wrestlers in the past did that doesn't make them automatically greater, a better draw, or more influential. also i can confidently say none of those names beat mil in the badass test.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 26, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HulkaMatt posted:

no!!! this is bullshit!!!

:thunkher:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Dave Meltzer suffered from five star fear for like a decade this means nothing to me

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Johnny Gargano has multiple five star matches, post-WK11 ratings are barely even on the same scale

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm not arguing that Ospreay should be gone now, but I am arguing that Mil shouldn't be.

Why we are choosing Ospreay or Mil over PAC is a mystery

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm not arguing that Ospreay should be gone now

You're the one voting for him!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm not arguing that Ospreay should be gone now, but I am arguing that Mil shouldn't be.

Why we are choosing Ospreay or Mil over PAC is a mystery
One of the three is a cop

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Rarity posted:

You're the one voting for him!

i will change my vote if you change yours

this is politics rarity let's go

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HulkaMatt posted:

i will change my vote if you change yours

this is politics rarity let's go

I would happily change my vote if we can get enough people to jump with us. How do you feel about voting Edge? It's probably an easier swap than a jump to PAC.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edge is the alternative 3rd vote, I'm not happy about it either but we gotta do what we gotta do! Come on HulkaMatt this is politics