Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i really don't want to give anything away because i think it's best to go into it without knowing what to expect. the first 20 minutes i was like "this is the worst thing, wtf" but now i cant wait until the new episodes come out

i really dont want anyone to get spoilered so i guess we should use spoiler tags until we're all caught up, for example i love joey, he is so pure

is anyone else watching it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no i'm watching medical police

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
"You" is my go to trashy netflix show.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mozi posted:

I like to pretend it's trying really hard to be a serious medical/police procedural and it's great.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm watching Good Girls on Netflix right now and it's a silly, entertaining melodrama partially because Donna from Parks & Rec gets to be a tough lady.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

baw posted:

i really don't want to give anything away because i think it's best to go into it without knowing what to expect. the first 20 minutes i was like "this is the worst thing, wtf" but now i cant wait until the new episodes come out

i really dont want anyone to get spoilered so i guess we should use spoiler tags until we're all caught up, for example i love joey, he is so pure

is anyone else watching it?

I've been semi-watching, courtesy of my wife. Don't really remember any names beyond Adam and Shubei(?). Is Joey the Jersey Shore type guy? He's so earnest in his persona I can't help but like him.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like trailer park boys and also the great british baking show (:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I'm watching Good Girls on Netflix right now and it's a silly, entertaining melodrama partially because Donna from Parks & Rec gets to be a tough lady.

Despite some massive leaps of logic, I'm legitimately enjoying this show.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Good Girls & Lucifer are both more fun than they have any right to be. Lucifer in particular is a "criminal of the week" police drama which instantly means it's trash garbage, but the core concept of the show somehow saves it. I still can't tell if characters like The Detective and Ella are supposed to be a facetious mockery of the genre and how boomers see young people respectively or if they're written in a straight way.

They both have a lot more dumb garbage stuff, but Lucifer makes me laugh frequently and Good Girls has some fun twists and turns.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 13, 2020

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I thought The Circle was that movie where aliens abduct a bunch of random people and let them decide who they kill every couple of minutes in order to determine who has the most value in human society.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

popewiles posted:

I've been semi-watching, courtesy of my wife. Don't really remember any names beyond Adam and Shubei(?). Is Joey the Jersey Shore type guy? He's so earnest in his persona I can't help but like him.

yeah he is, seems like a genuinely good dude who cares about people. adam, on the other hand, can gently caress right off

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Khorne posted:

Good Girls & Lucifer are both more fun than they have any right to be. Lucifer in particular is a "criminal of the week" police drama which instantly means it's trash garbage, but the core concept of the show somehow saves it. I still can't tell if characters like The Detective and Ella are supposed to be a facetious mockery of the genre and how boomers see young people respectively or if they're written in a straight way.

They both have a lot more dumb garbage stuff, but Lucifer makes me laugh frequently and Good Girls has some fun twists and turns.

Isn't Lucifer based on a Neil Gaimen book/character?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Outrail posted:

Isn't Lucifer based on a Neil Gaimen book/character?

It's a comic and it's basically completely different.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
i have no idea how the idea of the circle ever got the green light, but its popular enough in the UK to start infecting netflix with this poo poo

Vakal posted:

I thought The Circle was that movie where aliens abduct a bunch of random people and let them decide who they kill every couple of minutes in order to determine who has the most value in human society.

i wish

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Vakal posted:

I saw that movie it was horse poo poo

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My current favourite Netflix trash is doomsday preppers, holy gently caress it's good. Everyone on there is an absolute moron but the best ones are the ones who obviously feel they missed out on murdering people by not joining the army so they're pretty much using prepping as an excuse to cosplay and shoot guns. Bonus points for when they gently caress up horribly: one guy had a misfire and blew his finger off. Another one had a prepper buddy with him in his dumbass sniper tower with some giant fuckoff modified rifle, when he fired the noise was so loud in the enclosed tower it made the other guy throw up and lose his hearing for several hours.

My absolute favourite though was toward the end of the second season, this rear end in a top hat hippy in Hawaii had the plan to just... run up a mountain with no supplies and live off the land. Ah, he must know all the native plants and what's good to eat, right? Nope, he just listens to intuition and mother nature to know which berries are good. Drank straight from a waterfall with no attempt to purify the water beforehand. He also drank his own piss

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Speaking of netflix stuff I watched the first episode of the witcher and holy poo poo it's incoherent. Does it get better or are the fans of the series the same people who liked rise of skywalker?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Vakal posted:

yeah that one was pretty fun

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

el dingo posted:

My absolute favourite though was toward the end of the second season, this rear end in a top hat hippy in Hawaii had the plan to just... run up a mountain with no supplies and live off the land. Ah, he must know all the native plants and what's good to eat, right? Nope, he just listens to intuition and mother nature to know which berries are good. Drank straight from a waterfall with no attempt to purify the water beforehand. He also drank his own piss

Never Bear Grylls when you should Les Stroud.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

el dingo posted:

LOL, even goons were better prepared than this idiocy.

Goon Island really needed a film crew.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

The waterfall is in nature ergo anything in it is wholesome and healthy. Giardia? Keeps your bowel movements regular. It's all good.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

im mad the oa got cancelled

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Telebite posted:

Maybe it'll be picked up by Netf-... oh, right.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I'm mad The OA ever existed.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 14, 2020

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Telebite posted:

I'm mad The OA ever existed.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

The best netflix show is clearly goop lab.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
OP my wife got me to watch this show and it loving rocks for trash tv

#teamjoey

nominal
Oct 13, 2007

I've never tried dried apples.
What are they?
Pork Pro

Khorne posted:

Big same with Lucifer. I started out thinking "wtf is this, this is trash", then had the same problem trying to figure out if these characters were SUPPOSED to be such a trope that they're some kind of parody, but at the same time I couldn't stop watching it and was actually looking forward to seeing more of Lucifer's incessant leer and was even hoping that things turned out okay for Detective Douche.

It's definitely worth a watch, I'd just be hard pressed to successfully explain to anyone WHY.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Also, another really bad netflix show I can't stop watching lately is AJ and the Queen, it's like....every awful trope done really cheesy like the one bad guy even wears an eye patch but I love me some Rupaul

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Vakal posted:

“So aliens want me dead because I’m gay?”

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Resting Lich Face posted:

Speaking of netflix stuff I watched the first episode of the witcher and holy poo poo it's incoherent. Does it get better or are the fans of the series the same people who liked rise of skywalker?

i spent the first episode of the witcher laughing at how no one would leave geralt the gently caress alone, but started legitimately enjoying it during episode 2. part of the incoherency issue is that there are multiple timelines being shown at once and how they fit together and why we should care only becomes apparent as it goes

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

el dingo posted:

My current favourite Netflix trash is doomsday preppers, holy gently caress it's good. Everyone on there is an absolute moron but the best ones are the ones who obviously feel they missed out on murdering people by not joining the army so they're pretty much using prepping as an excuse to cosplay and shoot guns. Bonus points for when they gently caress up horribly: one guy had a misfire and blew his finger off. Another one had a prepper buddy with him in his dumbass sniper tower with some giant fuckoff modified rifle, when he fired the noise was so loud in the enclosed tower it made the other guy throw up and lose his hearing for several hours.

gotta watch this now, thx 4 the review

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

i spent the first episode of the witcher laughing at how no one would leave geralt the gently caress alone, but started legitimately enjoying it during episode 2. part of the incoherency issue is that there are multiple timelines being shown at once and how they fit together and why we should care only becomes apparent as it goes

Not letting the audience know there's multiple timelines was loving stupid. I thought they'd hosed up editing or casting or something for a few episodes.

"gently caress"

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

better than us was pretty cool

naem
May 29, 2011

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

binge the first 3-4 episodes of witcher to get the full effect it’s fantastic

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I just finished the first episode of the circle and I wish the rules were more clearly outlined. Is the goal to catch the catfish? Is it to survive until the end like every other reality show?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I watched one episode. All it is is people reading text messages out loud.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've been playing Resident Evil 4 for the millionth time, now on my Switch, while my wife watches this. Despite all of my past memories associated with the game, I now fully associate fighting my way through backwoods Spain with some guy named (what sounds like) "Shoe Bomb" telling everyone that they're awesome, and some other hot girl meeting another one of the contestants and they made out.

¡Te jodiste!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 15, 2020

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Mozi posted:

Great show.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
The Circle is so dumb and yet so enthralling, I legit can't wait until more episodes come out. Personally I can't help but be all about Chris, he's the hammiest person and I can't help but enjoy his sincere dedication to his ... entire everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Vakal posted:

That was a good movie