Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Let's get meta and find any entries about BOOKS or ENCYCLOPEDIA or even CYCLOPEDIA

There is a difference, believe it or not.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Private Cumshoe posted:

Well eugenics went about as expected

I like how they actually were easy-going and informative with the books and bookbinding articles (except for the "modern books ain't got poo poo on the blackest ink and whitest vellum of ye olde tomes :agesilaus: " line) and the details on the machines for folding and cutting the pages to be bound (except for the gold tooling which arrived late with NO originality :smug:)

And then it goes straight into "it [eugenics] :decorum: endeavors :decorum: to arrive at a :o: satisfactory :o: method of improving :airquote: generally :airquote: the mental and physical development of :) mankind :) ."

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The way parts of these things are written beautifully reminds me a lot of my early 20th-century book on weeds in which the author dunks on random plants with varying degrees of savagery in between actual informative details on them.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

If double dipping is allowed, I want to know what this encyclopedia has to say about gasoline/petroleum now.