Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Kinda asing for a friend of a friend. A horror movie, on either hulu, probably not on netflix.

It's about a monster hiding in plain sight. The two MCs go on a camping trip but one MC leaves his brother MC to join up with a group of friends. It's about 10 people or so max? The monster slowly shows up, mimicking one of the friends. Usually the monster only shows up when it's a certain amount of people, such as a group of 3, 5, 7, etc. There were some scenes like 'oh how'd the Stoner Character get inside the camper so fast I just talked to him outside?' and the rest were like 'he's been baking on the couch for hours, wtf you mean?'

Apparently the ending was predictable, standard horror schtick. Was this a real movie or fever dream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

value-brand cereal posted:

Kinda asing for a friend of a friend. A horror movie, on either hulu, probably not on netflix.

It's about a monster hiding in plain sight. The two MCs go on a camping trip but one MC leaves his brother MC to join up with a group of friends. It's about 10 people or so max? The monster slowly shows up, mimicking one of the friends. Usually the monster only shows up when it's a certain amount of people, such as a group of 3, 5, 7, etc. There were some scenes like 'oh how'd the Stoner Character get inside the camper so fast I just talked to him outside?' and the rest were like 'he's been baking on the couch for hours, wtf you mean?'

Apparently the ending was predictable, standard horror schtick. Was this a real movie or fever dream?

Head Count (2018)?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Sounds a little like the goatman creepy pasta - teens camping and a shapeshifter in their midst, messing with them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The only goatman I know just changes one specific shape.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Head Count (2018)?

Yes! This is it! Thank you so much! It does remind me of that 4chan(?) creepypasta about the camping trip to the woods and the weird abrupt blood scent monster. I think that's why I couldn't remember the exact name of it. And it's on tubitv, nice! I gotta rewatch it now!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretty sure Headcount is based on the goatman story. Like, explicitly

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Pretty sure Headcount is based on the goatman story. Like, explicitly

I remember from when we had basically the same search and replies like one page ago.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

I AM GRANDO posted:

The only goatman I know just changes one specific shape.

The Ring.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

westborn posted:

I remember from when we had basically the same search and replies like one page ago.

But are you really westborn?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

That's all I've got to go off of.

Someone help me, my search skills are weak.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you're asking about the middle panel that's In The Mood for Love

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Opopanax posted:

If you're asking about the middle panel that's In The Mood for Love

I am, thank you!
There's a second movie recommended in that second pic that might be related, any idea?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

The Demilich posted:

I am, thank you!
There's a second movie recommended in that second pic that might be related, any idea?

That's just a fake film from Seinfeld.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
A film where someone prompts an explanation with "Thrill me". Google is giving me Night of the Creeps (1986) but I'm pretty sure I've never seen that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Pilchenstein posted:

A film where someone prompts an explanation with "Thrill me". Google is giving me Night of the Creeps (1986) but I'm pretty sure I've never seen that.

Hannibal Lecter says “Thrill me with your acumen” in one of the meetings with Clarice in Silence of the Lambs

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

morestuff posted:

Hannibal Lecter says “Thrill me with your acumen” in one of the meetings with Clarice in Silence of the Lambs
It's not this but it came to me while reading your post, so thanks :v:. It was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), the full line was "You've got thirty of my loving seconds, thrill me".

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Pilchenstein posted:

Captain Dallas says that in alien when Lambert asks if you wants to know how long it's going to take to get home.

ufsteph
Jul 3, 2007

A movie I saw in a theatre…
- strong woman main character, her boyfriend buys something and says he was going to give it to her the next time she said something nice to him “and that was a year ago…”
- she loves the guy but realizes she has been taking him for granted

It’s right at the tip of my brain!

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

ufsteph posted:

- strong woman main character, her boyfriend buys something and says he was going to give it to her the next time she said something nice to him “and that was a year ago…”

I think there's a scene like that in Erin Brokovich?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

ProperCoochie posted:

caught a movie on cable sometime in the mid to late 90s.

It opens at an outdoor carnival at night (?) there's a clown sitting in a chair doing a finger gun at nearby buzzing flies. When he drops his thumb down, a fly drops to the ground as if shot and killed. All the while there's an annoying kid pestering the clown. The kid starts to walk away off screen and the clown points the finger gun at the kid. As he drops his thumb it cuts to the opening credits.

This is the only thing I remember.

Wilder Napalm

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

ufsteph posted:

The Proposal, w Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Sir Nose posted:

I think there's a scene like that in Erin Brokovich?

100%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ZhaGeqX6o

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ProperCoochie posted:

caught a movie on cable sometime in the mid to late 90s.

It opens at an outdoor carnival at night (?) there's a clown sitting in a chair doing a finger gun at nearby buzzing flies. When he drops his thumb down, a fly drops to the ground as if shot and killed. All the while there's an annoying kid pestering the clown. The kid starts to walk away off screen and the clown points the finger gun at the kid. As he drops his thumb it cuts to the opening credits.

This is the only thing I remember.

This one is easy, one of my favorite movies of all time.

Wilder Napalm

Edit: FB!

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I'm looking for a pretty popular movie from the late(?) 70s where a guy gets all strung out on qualudes and steals a van. That is all the information I have, I've never actually seen the movie but my friend is desperately trying to figure out what it's called. Seems to remember it used to play all the time on TV back in the 80s

Any help would be appreciated

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

That sort of happens at the end of Bachelor Party.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Guy, possibly bearded, starts a crowd brawl by jumping straight in the air and kicking his opponent in the torso with both feet.

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
I saw this in the mid 80s and might have been a tv movie. There was a lady race car driver who gets into an accident and her face is disfigured around her mouth area. She as cosmetic surgery and her mouth looks gross. At one point her and her lover go to a fancy restaurant and some people are grossed out by her. The lady was blonde I think.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

safe harbor posted:

I saw this in the mid 80s and might have been a tv movie. There was a lady race car driver who gets into an accident and her face is disfigured around her mouth area. She as cosmetic surgery and her mouth looks gross. At one point her and her lover go to a fancy restaurant and some people are grossed out by her. The lady was blonde I think.

Couple of options.
1. Heart Like a Wheel (1983). It's about a woman racecar driver who at one point gets into a crash and is burned. But she recovers and isn't disfigured, so it's probably not the right movie.

2. Why Me? (1984). A woman is in a car accident caused by a drunk driver. She has to get surgery, so they use vaginal tissue to reconstruct her mouth. Even though she isn't a racecar driver, it likely this.

Restaurant scene is at 58mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM_FFl9K4iA

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK

Origami Dali posted:

Couple of options.
1. Heart Like a Wheel (1983). It's about a woman racecar driver who at one point gets into a crash and is burned. But she recovers and isn't disfigured, so it's probably not the right movie.

2. Why Me? (1984). A woman is in a car accident caused by a drunk driver. She has to get surgery, so they use vaginal tissue to reconstruct her mouth. Even though she isn't a racecar driver, it likely this.

Restaurant scene is at 58mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM_FFl9K4iA

Second one is exactly it. Thank you so much!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I think this one is from an anthology movie, or is a fake trailer in a movie, but its a trailer for a film called "Death By Chocolate" that involves people being murdered by being disposed in giant vats in a chocolate factory. I remember the tone being black comedy rather than horror. I would have seen this in the late eighties to early nineties, but it felt old, like maybe from the late 60s or mid-70s.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

DandyLion posted:

This one is easy, one of my favorite movies of all time.

Wilder Napalm

Edit: FB!

Thank you gentlemen.

I watched some clips on Youtube. Zero recollection of anything else in the film. I remember the opening scene had a sort of ominous, horror feel but it's pretty lighthearted and Jim Varney is in it too. And hey it was written by Vince Gilligan.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry

Disco Pope posted:

I think this one is from an anthology movie, or is a fake trailer in a movie, but its a trailer for a film called "Death By Chocolate" that involves people being murdered by being disposed in giant vats in a chocolate factory. I remember the tone being black comedy rather than horror. I would have seen this in the late eighties to early nineties, but it felt old, like maybe from the late 60s or mid-70s.

It doesn't meet the "anthology movie" or "fake trailer" criteria, but could you possibly be thinking of the 1988 movie "Consuming Passions" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094907/), which was written by Michael Palin and Terry Jones from Monty Python? Maybe you saw a trailer for it somewhere?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Assless Chaps posted:

It doesn't meet the "anthology movie" or "fake trailer" criteria, but could you possibly be thinking of the 1988 movie "Consuming Passions" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094907/), which was written by Michael Palin and Terry Jones from Monty Python? Maybe you saw a trailer for it somewhere?

Pretty certain this was it, the shot of the guys sliding into the vat sparked a memory and the trailer used the Death by Chocolate wordplay that stuck with me! Thank you!

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 24, 2022

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Not a movie exactly, but they've been showing a T-Mobile commercial every break during NFL games and it's driving me crazy that I can't ID this guy:

Kind of has a Matt Frewer vibe but he's probably too young. I know I've seen this guy in something before, I wanna say it was some memorable bit part in a movie

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

He looks very much like one of the characters in The Big Leap, Kevin Perkins, played by Seth Morris

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seth Morris and he's one of those guys who's been in a thousand things

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

He looks very much like one of the characters in The Big Leap, Kevin Perkins, played by Seth Morris

Opopanax posted:

Seth Morris and he's one of those guys who's been in a thousand things

Yep, thanks. I'm guessing it's probably Veep that I'm thinking of but you're right, it could be any one of a dozen other things

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I believe that is Seth Morris

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

It's not Andy from Twin Peaks but it kind of looks like him so that might be what it's tickling in your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
About fifteen years ago I saw part of a movie with Martin Landau where he plays a widower who just bought a gun to kill himself and then he gets kidnapped by a bunch of teenagers (played by people in their mid 20s) who want to do crimes and poo poo. Anyone know what that was? Its probably from the late 90s or early 2000s.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 26, 2022