Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

A sci-fi movie, rented from Netflix on DVD back in the late 2000s/early 2010s, and it was probably made in the 2000s, based on quality. It was in English, and probably American or Canadian. Had a year in the title (like 20xx), and maybe Mars was in the title as well? It was the second film in a trilogy, we accidentally rented it out of order. Earth has been blown up by aliens, and there are two kinds of aliens, the regular grey aliens and then alien-cyborgs made to look human. Stars a bald, light-skinned Black man with a mustache as the lead good guy, and the only other character I remember is a very buff woman who played a good guy cyborg-alien. Has lots of cheesy one-liners, like a woman is captured by the aliens and tied to a wall, and the alien torturing her has a drill bit come out of the top of his fist and he says, "You're screwed". Also has the line, "We don't just kill our enemies, we rape them too", which was a riff on a line in the first film (which we ended up watching after this one), "We just kill our enemies, we don't rape them too" (I do not remember context or anything else about those weird rear end lines). I tried going back through my Netflix history, but it only goes back to 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

That or Charles Band. It would take you a while to get through his producer filmography but might be worth the check. Kind of makes me think of a Trancers sequel.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0023929/filmotype/producer?ref_=m_nmfm_1

Origami Dali posted:

Sounds like a Roger Corman production

Thanks for the suggestions, but neither one panned out. I do appreciate the link to Charles Band. I'm hosting a bad movie night for friends and he has some horrible-looking stuff.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Sir Nose posted:

Maybe Recon 2020/2022/2023 trilogy?

Holy poo poo, these are it!! Thank you so much!! This has been bothering me for years. You are awesome. How did you figure it out?

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Sir Nose posted:

Recon 2020 was on the shelf of my local Blockbuster Video back in the day. So many times I picked it up and then put it back down without renting it because it looked just too lovely. You said yours had a word and a year in the title which made me think of it, looked it up on IMDb and read that it was 1st in a trilogy (I had no idea), and figured it might be what you were looking for.

That's amazing, thank you again! You really should check it out though, if you are into watching bad movies. It's the perfect mix of "tried to make a good movie" and "really ridiculous things occur anyway".