Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Hello I have just finished watching midnight run because I thought it was the film I was looking for but I was wrong.

I am trying to recall a film that I think is about a bounty hunter bringing in a criminal who initially he dislikes but warms up to in the end. The only thing I can remember is the end I think and in which it is set on a train. The bounty hunter is on one carriage and the criminal is on the other and has just been disconnected from the trai. As the criminals carriage is moving away they look really happy jumping up and down and suddenly they are shot and the bounty hunter believes them to have died but it turns out that it is not the case a little later on and they have an argument about the ease of hitting someone moving away as a target.

I hope this hogs someone’s memory! I honestly thought it was midnight run and while I enjoyed the heck out of it, reaching the end showed me it was not the case.

I seem to remember 3.10 to Yuma ends with a rush to a train and is about a lawman and a criminal. I can't distinguish in my mind between the original and the remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Crossposting from another thread as I forgot about this thread.

We have a client at work called Pierre, and everytime somebody says his name I get an auditory flashback to somebody in a cartoon saying Pierre Pierre. I think it was a character's name in something from the 80s or 90s

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I think Most Wanted had a similar scene

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Reminded me of sunnyside farm but having looked up pictures that's not it

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Doctor Jeep posted:

I only saw one scene from this movie somewhere online and can't remember the name
basically, a mother is on the run with her daughter and it turns out that (spoiler alert)the daughter is some kind of monster when in a motel room she kills a guy who IIRC was gonna rape the mother

Ils?

Edit: not that but another French film I was thinking of Martyrs. Though probably not, I can't remember well. Also posted the wrong link

Double edit: Inside was what I was thinking about

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 16, 2021

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Okay now here's my question. Somebody emphatically says "that BLANK is impossible". I'm not thinking of the scene in The Mask where Jim Carrey says "that's impossible" and the detective replies "those pyjamas are impossible".

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I still think it was that blank is impossible rather than that's impossible

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Eddie Murphy film The Distinguished Gentleman. There you go it's 1992. It's not very good, I remember watching it purely because in the mid 90s I thought hey look a Eddie Murphy film, he's the funniest goddamn man alive this has to be good

The scene you remembered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmeRuln6d_0

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 19, 2022

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A weathy old man visits an office i guess an accounting firm and the man who works there is dressed casually. Old man asks why are you not in a suit and the response is "it's casual Friday" to which old man says "i hope you're not being casual with my money" or something indicating he thought it was a terrible idea. Could've sworn this was in Fargo but I guess not, maybe the old man actor is similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I googled old man doesn't like casual Friday and it said it was an episode of curb your enthusiasm. No that couldn't be it i thought and didn't click on the video. Now you post that and that's what it was. Thanks for that, man I feel stupid