Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Watching Pierrot le Fou today Anna Karina's hand mirror in a stuffed dog gave me intense deja vu of another similarly regarded movie (maybe even another early Godard) where a main character had a purse that looked like a duck (or a bird, or something similar) - if I'm remembering correctly in that one there's no attention drawn to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm sure there's been plenty of times when people have posted a detailed description of something that turned out to be nothing at all like what they remembered :v:

I had one a few years ago at a friend's request and he said it was British when it was entirely in French

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Watching Pierrot le Fou today Anna Karina's hand mirror in a stuffed dog gave me intense deja vu of another similarly regarded movie (maybe even another early Godard) where a main character had a purse that looked like a duck (or a bird, or something similar) - if I'm remembering correctly in that one there's no attention drawn to it.

This is my own from months ago, but I think this had to be Shirley MacLaine's bunny purse in Some Came Running

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I remember seeing a preview in like the late 90s/early 00s where a married couple lose their son in a horrible accident and adopt a new son (potentially a clone or android or something, known to them if that's the case) and there's like an implied hidden evil nature to the kid in the preview.

Trying to search for it just turns up stuff about AI, and it was a completely different tone.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

God, I love this thread. I haven't thought about that since I saw a trailer for it in theaters when I was 13 and in an hour and a half somebody nails it.