Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Shrecknet posted:

gently caress this is killing me. Sci-Fi movie, female protagonist, she had some kind of tribble or creature with her. Super-generic "go on the spaceship that came back without a crew and find out what happened" there is an invisible(shapeshifter?) monster on board. I think it was done in a 'everything is a flashback at a military debriefing' way?

It was super obviously a TV pilot of some kind repurposed as a movie. Think it had a generic one- or two-word title like Infinium or something. 2008-12 or so.

Box art was mostly blue and black.

Not a perfect fit for what you describe, but Europa Report, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

Maybe a stretch, but:

In film school I saw an experimental movie where the filmmaker had taken some footage from old black-and-white movies or possibly sitcoms). amd had re-edited it an incredibly strange way, running footage backwards and forwards and looping specific sounds and moments for minutes at a time. One moment that stuck out was a woman repeating "I love you" over and over again with the sentence being shortened each time until she was ust saying "love" and then eventually "vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv".

Yeah, it was weird, but I'd like to know what it was called if anyone has a clue.

Peter Tscherkassky makes found footage films a bit like that, although if it is by him I haven't seen it, so couldn't give you an exact name... But his site has a list of his films with some descriptions, maybe worth poking through

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

This one's bugging me, because I should be able to find it, but I've been over my Letterboxd ratings multiple times over and can't spot it. So:
Sci-fi-meets-teen movie. Bunch of kids/young adults, probably 8 or so of them, go out to the Mojave (or some other similar southwestern desert) to have a little break/weekend vacation/party.

The specifics of the sci-fi escape me now, but I think they find out that they can't really leave the house anymore, in some sort of Sisyphean turn, where leaving simply brings them back to where they started. It eventually gets some horror inflection, as the number of certain items (cups? maybe?) reflects imminent deaths among the group, and they figure out they'll only be able to leave when there are a certain number of them left, or something? I wouldn't say it's an out and out horror film per se, though. I don't remember any splatter or dwelling on death scenes or anything, anyway.

Vaguely remember some scene with hiking out in the desert, and I think someone sorta falls off a small cliff? Can't even remember if they get hurt. Would be very surprised if it was from earlier than 2010, and really can't imagine it was before 2005.

That's all I got. It's not +1 or Project Almanac, but it is in that vein. Think it had a relatively bad reception, but I remember enjoying it much more than those two I just mentioned, or many others of its type.

Allyn fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 10, 2021

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Managed to straight up brute force it by checking every single one of my 3.5 and 3.0 ratings in order until it showed up: Head Count (2018). Apparently much more straight up supernatural horror than I remember. Huh.

The_Doctor posted:

My first thought is that Goatman creepypasta for some reason. They made a short (27mins) film out of that.

But thanks for the effort anyway, appreciate it :)

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Trump posted:

I think it was either Spanish, portugeese, italian or french (heh). And my guess is it was released in the late 00s. The main character uses the internet to find sexual partner in a couple of scenes.

The first act reminds me alot of "Young and Beautiful".

I remember two scenes:

Girl is at a museum. She gets interested in an older man, steals his glove and runs off, he runs after her and they end up having sex.

One of the last scenes where she is forced blindfolded to orally satisfy alt of men. This takes place in a basement/dungeon where she had been before freely

Ill get creep of the year hat for this post, but its really bugging me

Don't remember anything like the museum scene but there's definitely something like the second scene in Emmanuelle Bercot's Student Services, and it definitely reminds me of a (dingier) Young & Beautiful

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

A claymation movie/tv show/youtube video (?) and all I remember is a brown worm creature chewing/munching something and his mouth is chewing very animatedly. I cant remember if there was actually something in its mouth or it was just fake chewing.

Maybe from Creature Comforts? I don't specifically remember a worm but I've also never seen the series, only the short film. Wikipedia does mention a worm in the TV show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

MrGreenShirt posted:

Indie romantic drama movie I saw at least 8 years ago. Guy falls in love with a stand-offish and possibly mentally ill woman, and convinces her to be his girlfriend and let him move in. She seems blase about the whole thing at first, and tries pushing him away at times while also slowly falling for him as well. She is also financially dependent on her domineering father, I think? At the end of the movie, with the boyfriend's help and/or therapy, she comes to terms with the fact that she was molested by her father when she was a child.

I know, sounds pretty upbeat right? Any help would be appreciated.

This sounds like Good Dick