Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

A Bag of Milk posted:

An anime with anthropomorphic animals of some kind (rabbits?). The first act is one youngster living in a village and doing basic poo poo like going to the store and maybe buying some eggs? The turn happens when he goes to the top of a hill and there's a train that takes him across the solar system. Most of the movie takes place flying through space. There's a lot of colorful imagery and specifically Christian imagery, with a giant bright glowing cross at one point

Night on the Galactic Railroad?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089206/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Leavemywife posted:

This comes from a movie I saw when I was a kid and half remembered a scene that I can never figure out where it's from. I think it's a group of military guys training, and they are competing to climb a chain two at a time. One guy is clambering over the over and wounds him by tearing part of the skin on his face. I want to say the one guy looked kind of like Kurt Russell and the other was a muscular bald guy, possibly Asian.

That guy looked like Kurt Russell for a reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whEAeqGCXC8

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

If you want to see Blade Runner (really) meets Universal Soldier as directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, it's pretty good.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

Spatulater bro! posted:

When I was young, probably ~8 years old, there was an advertisement for a movie on the USA network. I remember only one specific thing from the ad, but I've thought about it my whole life and I'd love to find what movie it was or watch the ad again. Here's all I've got:

Narrator says, "They say it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. It is!" As he says this we see a bride's reflection in a mirror. We just see her midsection. She brings her hand up and touches her wedding dress, revealing that her hand is a gnarly monster hand.

Maybe an ad for Stepmonster? Here's a similar shot from the movie itself (should start at 1:01:44)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njKG0m1MPFg&t=3704s

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

MachineryNoise posted:

Does anybody have a clue what movie / TV show is being sampled at the beginning of this lovely goregrind song? Someone asked about it on another forum and now it's driving me crazy. The actor sounds so familiar that I know I'm going to kick myself for not knowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk3cia43iZU

Quoting myself from the old thread because I randomly watched the movie in question. It's from gory German schlockmeister Olaf Ittenbach's Legion of the Dead, featuring a very Carradine-esque Christopher Kriesa as "Psycho Mike".

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

ProperCoochie posted:

caught a movie on cable sometime in the mid to late 90s.

It opens at an outdoor carnival at night (?) there's a clown sitting in a chair doing a finger gun at nearby buzzing flies. When he drops his thumb down, a fly drops to the ground as if shot and killed. All the while there's an annoying kid pestering the clown. The kid starts to walk away off screen and the clown points the finger gun at the kid. As he drops his thumb it cuts to the opening credits.

This is the only thing I remember.

Wilder Napalm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

You could also be thinking of Severed Ties (1992).