Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

A long time ago there was a thread in GBS that was about posting scary videos for Halloween. Might've been in the 2008? One person posted a movie that was uploaded to google videos, might have been copyrighted or so old that mods didn't catch it, or care about it.

It was a movie from the late 80s or 90s, maybe? It was definitely low budget, no one famous or would become famous starred in it. It was set mainly in a house, I think, and the initial plot was that it was haunted by ghosts. The white family living there asked a news crew or amateur film crew to come by and see if they could capture anything. They had set up cameras, or had a crew of camera operators following the family members around since this was before widely available small security cams, and I think one person may have been narrating it?

Anyways, weird things were going on a la horror movies such as scary sounds, suddenly locked doors, things in the window, and as the night progressed I think family members were either disappearing, or going crazy. At the end of the movie it turns out it was actually aliens, and the youngest family member, a child, walked out of the house up to where a blue ufo or glowing lights beyond the horizon. They may have been the last person left of the family, besides the camera crew.

Does this sound remotely familiar to anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Tsietisin posted:

Was it done in a documentary style or regular film?

I think a documentary. I swear it felt like a news show but that also feels incorrect. I do remember them carrying the camera down hallways.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh my god. Thank you so much, this is it! I think it's the first one from '89! You guys are amazing, thanks to everyone!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Kinda asing for a friend of a friend. A horror movie, on either hulu, probably not on netflix.

It's about a monster hiding in plain sight. The two MCs go on a camping trip but one MC leaves his brother MC to join up with a group of friends. It's about 10 people or so max? The monster slowly shows up, mimicking one of the friends. Usually the monster only shows up when it's a certain amount of people, such as a group of 3, 5, 7, etc. There were some scenes like 'oh how'd the Stoner Character get inside the camper so fast I just talked to him outside?' and the rest were like 'he's been baking on the couch for hours, wtf you mean?'

Apparently the ending was predictable, standard horror schtick. Was this a real movie or fever dream?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Head Count (2018)?

Yes! This is it! Thank you so much! It does remind me of that 4chan(?) creepypasta about the camping trip to the woods and the weird abrupt blood scent monster. I think that's why I couldn't remember the exact name of it. And it's on tubitv, nice! I gotta rewatch it now!